PDA

View Full Version : How Many Boaters

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 07:58 PM
OK, I JUST GOT MY BOAT OUT OF AN UNAMED SHOP, THE ORIGINAL EST WAS ABOUT 1000.00 FOR A COUPLE OF THINGS. AFTER NO AUTH IT WAS THE CALL FROM HELL. HEY, YOUR BOATS DONE IT'S 4900.00 WHEN CAN YOU PICK IT UP. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU. IF SO LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. :mad: :( :eek:

riverbound
06-17-2005, 08:08 PM
If they dont have a signed invoice for the work performed THEY are S.O.L. I would go pick the boat up and if they dont give it to you call the PoPo. Without a signed invoice authorizing the owrk there is nothing they can do.

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, I Just Paid About 4900.00 And 1000.00 In Storage. Yeah Im Not A Happy Camper, First Boat And Wanted It Right, I Took It Right Up The You Know. It Sucks That The Invoice I Signed Was Only For 1000.00 And Now Im Out 5900.00

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Not To Mention The Damage To My Boat While It Was There. Man This Boats Killin Me. Im Sorry But I Work Hard For My Money And Im Not Taking Out A Loan To Get This Thing Straight.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I would kick someones ass..........

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah I Told The Guys At Work What The News Tonight Im On. But I Thought I'd Try To Be Cool, Not Workin Out That Way Im Pissed.

BUSBY
06-17-2005, 08:35 PM
You can take them to court. In CA, repair shops (including boat repair if it had to do with engine work) fall under the B.A.R. (Bureau or Automotive Repiar). The law states that they have to give you a written estimate on a repair order, after diagnosis, they must have documentation of your authorization. Including times and phone numbers that they contacted you at. Those times and dates should be noted on your final copy of your invoice. If not, I would be picking up the phone and calling my local BAR office and disputing that bill.
It sucks when this happens. For years I ran service departments for Mercedes-Benz dealerships, when an advisor wouldn't update an estimate, we would end up eating the repairs ... sometimes for thousands!
Good Luck!
Brian

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 08:37 PM
The Funny Thing Is I Am A Service Advisor I Make It A Practice Never To Do This. I've Lost Two Jobs In The Last Ten Years Because I Would Not Do This, And Then Low And Behold It Happens To Me. Yes I Have A Buddy That Works For Bar, Good Sugg. Thank You Very Much Didnt Even Think Of It.

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Another Question, What Do I Do To Take This Guy To Court, How Much More Money Will This Cost Me. What Are My Chances. I Have An Invoice Signed By Me For 1000.00 And He Called To Ask About A Battery Both That I Auth'd For Another 76.00. Thats It And The Death Call For 4900.00. This Really Stinks, Im Sick Looking At My Boat. Poor Me And Poor Boat

BUSBY
06-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Call the court house ... it shouldn't be more than $100? filing fee. You're under $5000 so it's small claims ... maybe People's Court material! j/k
You're an advisor, you know how it goes ... and what to say, I would let the BAR take a crack at it first though.
Good Luck!

BUSBY
06-17-2005, 09:02 PM
all you have to take with you to court are pictures of the repairs made and your invoice and estimate.
And your story of course

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey Im New To This Forum, But You Guys Really Helped Out Thanks, This Is Kinda A Turn Off From Boating, And The Boats Never Been In The Water Since I Bought It.

BUSBY
06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
don't let it be a turn off ... boating is too much fun! You just have to find the right group of people ... you have found them here!
Just make sure they're not from New Mexico and named Brad ... oh shit ... did his name just slip? :notam:

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 09:13 PM
YEAH OPPS IT SLIPPED ID GIVE YOU THE NAME OF THIS SHOP BUT I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE COOL. I THOUGHT HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF MY BOAT WITH CARE WITH HIS EXPERIENCE IN THE BUIS, BUT I GUESS HIS GUYS COULD CARE LESS, I'VE SEEN THIS A MILLION TIMES IN THE AUTO WORLD AND ITS BAD NEWS. BUT BACK YOUR WORK BUDDY. :devil:

Zeug
06-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear about you troubles. Definately dont let the guy get away with this. :lightsabe For me it's more a question of getting screwed than loosing the $. I cant stand getting screwed in a business deal.
Now post a pic or two and after you get a few compliments you'll feel feel a little better.

Wally_Gator
06-17-2005, 09:17 PM
I would persue this with a vengence. Just be above board on everything, dot your I's and cross your T's. Don't let him do this to anyone else.

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 09:27 PM
YES, I VENGENCE AND THE REAL REASON IS BECAUSE IM SURE THIS SHOP DOES THIS ALOT. ANOTHER CUSTOMER WAS THERE BITHCHIN TODAY WHEN I GOT MY BOAT. THE MONEY THING IS NOT A PROBLEM COMPARED TO THIS GUY RIPPIN ME APART, STORAGE BECAUSE I COULDNT PAY, WHATTA ASS. :mad: :angry2: :hammer2:

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Pics Coming Tommorrow After Work, I Just Got A New Camera And Im Not The Best With Elctronics So Bare With Me. And Also, Its My First Boat Take It Easy On Me With The Thats Not Good Stuff, Haha. I Had Alot Of Help From Alot Of Freinds And I Think It Came Out Just Fine. Not Like The Other Boat In Just Jets, That Thing Is Perfect, What A Awsome Job.

Wally_Gator
06-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Pics Coming Tommorrow After Work, I Just Got A New Camera And Im Not The Best With Elctronics So Bare With Me. And Also, Its My First Boat Take It Easy On Me With The Thats Not Good Stuff, Haha. I Had Alot Of Help From Alot Of Freinds And I Think It Came Out Just Fine. Not Like The Other Boat In Just Jets, That Thing Is Perfect, What A Awsome Job.
I wouldn't worry about any real negs coming out of this area. My experience is that everyone is supportive. Alot of good ideas and knowledge come out of this section.. Just don't ask about HP versus Torque on a jet.. That will reignite a neverending discussion.

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I PROMISE :D. WHEN I TAKE IT OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES AND IM COMFORTABLE WITH THE BOAT, I'LL LOOK ALL YOU GUYS UP AND I'LL BRING THE BEER :D :messedup:

gqchris
06-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Im curious what he did for 5k!! Thats alot of work!

76ANTHONY
06-18-2005, 07:57 AM
WELL HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DOT THE PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL. LAKE TEST ALSO, WELL THE LAKE TEST NEVER GOT DONE BUT THERE ARE SOME MEAN SCRATCHES IN THE BOTTOM OF MY BRAND NEW PAINT JOB THAT WHERE NEVER THERE BEFORE, BUT YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES, HIS REPLY TO ME WAS WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT. NICE HUH? :devil:

cave
06-18-2005, 09:00 AM
I feel for you bro. Quoted a K delivering 5K. That sucks. If it all works out maybe it was worth it. Hope its all Stainless plumbing for that price and the rewire was complete.
Warning 76ANTHONY This is just the beginning. I keep telling my self that "I'm Done" but that always seam to go all to Crap when I hook up with people from here or at the lakes. I look at it this way, I cant take it with me so I best enjoy it now! :rollside:

76ANTHONY
06-18-2005, 09:15 AM
NO STAINLESS JUST RUBBER, MY GAS GAUGE USED TO WORK, BUT LIKE YOU SAY, GET USED TO. I'LL DO IT MYSELF. I THOUGHT ID GO GET THE BOAT AND TAKE IT OUT NEXT WEEKEND TO BLYTHE, MAYBE NOT. :cry:

76ANTHONY
06-18-2005, 09:46 AM
YOU KNOW WHAT, I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING AND FORGOT. HEY, I GOT MY BOAT BACK AFTER 5 MONTHS OF PAYING ON IT. YEAH COURT, BUT EVEN BETTER, THE RIVER. I'LL JUST TRY AND LIVE WITH IT TILL COURT. I NEED TO GO HAVE SOME FUN. :D :D :D

cave
06-18-2005, 12:48 PM
If I can do it myself I do. This keeps cost down. Some things you just got to leave to the pros. I payed over 360 bucks for Kachina to hook up my harness from the rear block to the starter & alternator. Big rip but I really didn't know how to do it.
Now there are sites like this where guys like most on here help out. I get allot of help from these guys. Most are awesome people. Its very addictive 76ANTHONY. Be careful :D
Some days this summer I want to go to the lower river. Not to far from me from what I here.2 1/2 hrs @ 75. Maybe see you there.

76ANTHONY
06-18-2005, 05:32 PM
yes you'll see me, i plan on going to the river alot for the the summer, hate to say it but i hope it's a long summer. white 76 anthony with silver flames and red pinstripping. big red tunnel also :smile: :smile: :D :D

moneysucker
06-18-2005, 10:02 PM
That sucks, One thing I have learned is never pay in advance for anything when it comes to anyone doing work for you. This is a good thing for you. It got you on here and it is encouragement to learn how to do things on your boat yourself. No matter who you have work on your boat, They are usually not around on the river when you really need them so the more you know about your boat the better time you will have and the more money you will save. Sorry to hear about bad experience and I have been there. Boating will get better. Where was this shop? ANd how can they justify the $1000 in storage, You picked it up when they called rught? There should be no storage fee.

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 07:43 AM
NO I COULDNT PICK IT UP RIGHT AWAY, IT WASENT CLOSE TO THE BUDGET I HAD SO I HAD TO PAY IN PAYMENTS, AND I'D RATHER LEAVE THE SHOP OUTTA THIS. WELL THE BOATS DONE AFTER A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT WHERE LOOSE AND MY IGNITION SWITCH WIRES WHERE HAND TIGHT. SHE'S READY. SHE GOES TO BLYTHE NEXT WEEKEND. YEAH BOATING. :D :D I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE MY OWN BOAT. I'VE BEEN WITH FREINDS AND JUST PAY FOR GAS, BUT THERE WILL BE A HUGE THRILL OF MY OWN BOAT..

BrendellaJet
06-19-2005, 10:03 AM
did you actually pay him? Probably not going to help your court case...Sounds like acceptance to me.

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 10:15 AM
YES I PAID HIM, BUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE LEGAL THING TO DO. :confused:

jtmarten
06-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Definetly sue this guy. Your original signed invoice of $1000 is all they can legally charge you without an updated, signed authorization. I'd also include the scratches, along with a repair estimate, in your case against him. Good luck, hope you can recoup all your hard-earned cash!

Squirtin Thunder
06-19-2005, 12:54 PM
You may do a search on the board, I know others have been screwed by this shop. But he has alot of fallowers also. So be carefull !!!

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 01:40 PM
YES, I FIGURED, I WILL NOT SPLATTER ANYONES NAME ON HERE THATS NOT WHAT THIS BOARD SEEMS TO BE FOR, BUT I WILL SAY THIS. IM NOT A FOLLOWER OF THIS SHOP. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION, WITH THE WAY THIS FORUM WORKS AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU BOATERS WHO STICK TOGETHER, HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS STAY IN BUSINESS? :confused: :confused:

Squirtin Thunder
06-19-2005, 02:16 PM
YES, I FIGURED, I WILL NOT SPLATTER ANYONES NAME ON HERE THATS NOT WHAT THIS BOARD SEEMS TO BE FOR, BUT I WILL SAY THIS. IM NOT A FOLLOWER OF THIS SHOP. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION, WITH THE WAY THIS FORUM WORKS AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU BOATERS WHO STICK TOGETHER, HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS STAY IN BUSINESS? :confused: :confused:
His name and his small artical in $#%@*!% every month !!!

Sleek-Jet
06-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Well... it would be a heck of alot easier to avoid this shop if we knew who it was... :eat:

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 02:30 PM
ABOUT THIS SHOP, I WILL NOT TELL WHO IT IS, BUT DO AVOID SHOPS THAT ARE NOT RESPECTED BY THE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM. HIS NAME HAS NOT BEEN MENTIONED SO IF YOU NEED A GOOD SHOP AND IT'S NOT ON HERE, JUST ASK. I'VE BEEN WHATCHING WHATS WRITTEN IN HERE AND THE SHOPS NOT WRITTEN ABOUT YET SO NO WORRIES. IM SORRY BUT I JUST WONT DO THAT TO ANY SHOP :frown:

steelcomp
06-19-2005, 02:31 PM
How are the rest of the peeps supposed to avoid being ripped off by guys and shops like this if we (you) don't expose them for what they are. There's no law against warning others about bad businesses. That's ALSO what this board is about, IMO. Seems to me the guy is splattering his own name by the business he does. If I was to use this guy and get ripped off without you or someone else's warning, I think I'd be a little pissed in a number of directions, if you get my drift. That's what people like him depend on, is customers like you deciding it's not worth the hassle, or not having the balls to call a spade a spade, and flush his worthless ass out in the open. Step up, Anthony...you're not doing anyone any favors by protecting this scumbag...that is, if you're telling it like it is...and I believe you are. :devil:

steelcomp
06-19-2005, 02:36 PM
You, too, ST. Step up or shut up. This is a bunch of BS crying here on the boards about getting ripped, but basically letting the rest of us float like bait.
So if you're not here to warn anyone, what are you here for??? Sympathy? :cry:

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Steelcomp Check You Pm

Sleek-Jet
06-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, I agree with Steelcomp... I work on my own boats, so it's not a biggie to me.
However, since all my friends know that I am into boats, I get asked all the time where a good shop is at for certain kinds of work. It would be nice if I could give them some suggestions based on others experiance. If someone asks me about a certain shop and I haven't heard anything bad about them, I would probably be inclinded to tell them to give it a shot.
These boards are about saying good things about people and business as well as the bad...
Just some food for thought...

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 02:48 PM
OH, AND IM NOT LOOKING FOR SIMPATHY OR SOMEONE TO CRY TO, MY POINT WAS TO CHECK THE SHOP OUT BEFORE LETTING THEM TOUCH YOUR BOAT. I KNOW BOATS ARENT INVESTMENTS BUT THE SHOP YOU TAKE IT TO COULD BE. SORRY TO SOUND LIKE A PUSS, THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT. :confused:

FILUCKY
06-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Well SteelComp we might not agree on TR's but i for surely agree 100% with you here. We all work our butts off to spend all of are spare money on these boats and getting stiffed by jurks like this can end boating seasons for some of us. So as a service to all honest upstanding boaters, let us know who to watch out for. Thanks

steelcomp
06-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Steelcomp Check You Pm
It's in your hands, Bud. Good luck.

Squirtin Thunder
06-19-2005, 03:14 PM
You, too, ST. Step up or shut up. This is a bunch of BS crying here on the boards about getting ripped, but basically letting the rest of us float like bait.
So if you're not here to warn anyone, what are you here for??? Sympathy? :cry:
It is not my place to warn anyone about this business, being I have never done business with them. It is 76Anthony's call whether he wishes to divulge his withholdings.

Oldsquirt
06-19-2005, 03:24 PM
It is not my place to warn anyone about this business, being I have never done business with them. It is 76Anthony's call whether he wishes to divulge his withholdings.
Jim, then why did you bother to imply that you knew or hint at the name? Would have been more appropriate to just keep quiet and let 76ANTHONY handle it. Definitely a case where saying nothing would have been the better move.
79ANTHONY, I'm curious to know a few things. First, what work did the boat need that led you to take it in for repair? Second, what work was the $1000 dollars of the original estimate supposed to cover? Finally, what work was done, beyond that original estimate, that led to the $4900 repair bill?
Oh, and PLEASE turn off the caps lock. It implies YELLING, and while you have the right to yell, its just not at US. :cool:

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 03:32 PM
sorry about the cap locks. the first question. i took my boat in to get the wiring harness installed and to get plumbing done, i also requested a lake test. these are things i just didnt want to screw up because people always talk about getting stuck on the water with elec problems. second question. the shop rebuilt my pump, and said that there was a couple of washers under my carbs, this is not true because i installed them and have pics of my boat before it left for the shop.

Oldsquirt
06-19-2005, 03:45 PM
That's all they did? Something doesn't add up even if they had to do a LOT of disassembly/reassembly. Did they give you an itemized bill, breaking it down by parts and labor?

steelcomp
06-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Jim, then why did you bother to imply that you knew or hint at the name? Would have been more appropriate to just keep quiet and let 76ANTHONY handle it. Definitely a case where saying nothing would have been the better move.
Preeeeecisely.

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 04:49 PM
WELL, THEY GAVE ME A GENERIC BILL WITH SOME PARTS AND ALOT OF LABOR. THE PERSON TOLD ME HE TOOK HIS LABOR RATE DOWN, WHY? I DIDNT ASK FOR ANY OF THE REPAIRS HE DID EXCEPT THE ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING. I SURE WISH IT WOULS HAVE BEEN STEEL BRADED HOSE. WELL I JUST WANT A KISS AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE. :D ITS ALL GOOD BECAUSE NEXT TIME I NEED SOMETHING IM GONNA COME HERE FIRST, SEEING AS HOW I WOULD LIKE TO DO ALL MY OWN WORK. :rolleyes:

boater012
06-19-2005, 06:07 PM
itemized repiar bill please, something sounds fishy here. i cant understand how it cost 4900 bucks to rebuild your pump and remove some washers from under your carburetor.( if there were actually any there) My shop just rebuilt a pump for a good customer, and i had to remove the engine to get everything out cleanly. his bill was $1.450.00 which includued all new parts and a new impellor. We also polished his jet completely while i had it apart.( polishing alone was $450.00 my cost). even if he had to build a complete wiring harness form scratch it shouldnt have taken him more than 8 hours to do so even if he had to spin the copper and sheath it himslef (scarcasm). i would like an email of the bill, i have been a professional witness for several people that were taken by other shops in the past. this kind of thing gives this industry a bad name. my email is bakermarine@earthlink.net :eat:

Squirtin Thunder
06-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by 76ANTHONY
YES, I FIGURED, I WILL NOT SPLATTER ANYONES NAME ON HERE THATS NOT WHAT THIS BOARD SEEMS TO BE FOR, BUT I WILL SAY THIS. IM NOT A FOLLOWER OF THIS SHOP. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION, WITH THE WAY THIS FORUM WORKS AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU BOATERS WHO STICK TOGETHER, HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS STAY IN BUSINESS?
The question was asked I answered it.

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 06:57 PM
boater012, check your email. thanks for the help :D :idea:

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 06:48 AM
ok sat is the big day, i take the boat out for the first time. whatch out for my boat, never driven a boat off the ramp alone and will be very careful. i get to finally put my noise maker in the water. yeaaaaaa :cool:

cole13
06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
itemized repiar bill please, something sounds fishy here. i cant understand how it cost 4900 bucks to rebuild your pump and remove some washers from under your carburetor.( if there were actually any there) My shop just rebuilt a pump for a good customer, and i had to remove the engine to get everything out cleanly. his bill was $1.450.00 which includued all new parts and a new impellor. We also polished his jet completely while i had it apart.( polishing alone was $450.00 my cost). even if he had to build a complete wiring harness form scratch it shouldnt have taken him more than 8 hours to do so even if he had to spin the copper and sheath it himslef (scarcasm). i would like an email of the bill, i have been a professional witness for several people that were taken by other shops in the past. this kind of thing this industry a bad name. my email is bakermarine@earthlink.net :eat:
I completely agree here. I have read this entire thread, and as I read it I kept getting more and more angry. One you are not mentioning the shop. Two, there is no way that he could have charged you that much for doing what you say he did. Why would he rebuild your pump without first asking you? To re-wire a boat at most takes a day, and that is if he has to make the harness. Hell I did it by myself without knowing anything and it took me less then a day. You are PM'ing the information to people and that is cool to protect the shop, but you are not doing any of us others a favor.
On another note, you must be happy with the work! And you are right, it is more fun to be in the water. But some of us that may end up going to this shop may not be able to get on the water because we can not get our boat out of hock. JMHO!

canuck1
06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't get it
You get quoted $1000
you pay 4900
you are pissed and warn people to beware
But you won't say who
Wiring and plumbing $1000 max
Complete new pump $3500 or rebuild $1000
You got fu cked or did you?

cole13
06-20-2005, 08:44 AM
I don't get it
You get quoted $1000
you pay 4900
you are pissed and warn people to beware
But you won't say who
Wiring and plumbing $1000 max
Complete new pump $3500 or rebuild $1000
You got fu cked or did you?
just to go with that. $1000, pump rebuild is on the high side.
Wiring harness $125.00 Teague Marine
Pump Re-Build Kit $400.00 CP Performance
Pull Carb to take out washers, 10 minutes
Take it to an un-named shop $5900.00
Being on the river, without money to pay for gas, PRICELESS

canuck1
06-20-2005, 08:53 AM
I was being generous
name the fawker or print a copy of the invoice and let him justify it in front of possible customers
there are some good business people on this board that do charge for there services and can and will back up what they do
but there are also some that are not so trust worthy
there are two sides to every story and this thread is just like the "H" boat thread a few years back. Delete this thread or spit it out Mr 76

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 09:09 AM
well i can close this because i want to see what happens in court until that time i will not post the name of the shop, but what i will tell you is in corona there are some seedy shops, one that i know of

cole13
06-20-2005, 09:12 AM
well i can close this because i want to see what happens in court until that time i will not post the name of the shop, but what i will tell you is in corona there are some seedy shops, one that i know of
So you are going to court? Good for you, please keep us update. YOu are doing the right thing. Keep these shops honest so they do not wreck the fun we call boating.

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 09:30 AM
yes there will be a lawsuit, and hopefully i wont have to post the name or the shop because this might make this person think. im really sorry for those of you who want the name. im just not like that. the numbers that have been giving for repairs are really nice compared to the one i have. i will say this there are about twenty shopes on here i will call next time. i need the fuel gauge fixed i'll be calling. i dont mind spending money, i do mind not being told. listen im a service advisor im simple to deal with but dont stick it to me. :supp:

Sanger D
06-20-2005, 09:37 AM
post that shitbox ,s business name ALL over the place. ZERO F$#@%^KIN tollerance for rip-offs and the like,,we DO work too danm hard and are money is not something I want to just GIVE away,when or if I get burned,I let EVERYONE KNOW WHO AND WHAT they did!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eat: that is the best recoil you can give!!.Plus you,d be lookin out for other boaters in doing so.these kinda people should NOT BE IN BUSINESS.and if you don,t let people know then its gonna keep happening and thats yours (and our ) responsability to see it come to an end and keep from spending our money in a court room!!so post the shitbox,s name or go call a attorney,because the anticapation is f$#@king killing us. :cool: :mad: :mad:

cole13
06-20-2005, 09:44 AM
post that shitbox ,s business name ALL over the place. ZERO F$#@%^KIN tollerance for rip-offs and the like,,we DO work too danm hard and are money is not something I want to just GIVE away,when or if I get burned,I let EVERYONE KNOW WHO AND WHAT they did!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eat: that is the best recoil you can give!!.Plus you,d be lookin out for other boaters in doing so.these kinda people should NOT BE IN BUSINESS.and if you don,t let people know then its gonna keep happening and thats yours (and our ) responsability to see it come to an end and keep from spending our money in a court room!!so post the shitbox,s name or go call a attorney,because the anticapation is f$#@king killing us. :cool: :mad: :mad:
I really do not think he is going to spread this guys name around. I agree with you that he should post the shop name, but I can also see his point. Basically he could put the guy out of business, then the guy could sue him for slander, because it is all in print on this site. It is a tough situation, and it sucks that someone got scammed. It really does make the good shops look bad.

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 09:59 AM
thank you cole i really think you hit it on the head, i will tell the other shop owners on here this. i need help with this boat and do not mind paying the bill, im new at the boating thing and i know nothing but how traffic goes on the river. i need someone thats semi honest and that will steer me in the right direction. i dont hold this against any shop but the one who did this to me. :)

cole13
06-20-2005, 10:09 AM
thank you cole i really think you hit it on the head, i will tell the other shop owners on here this. i need help with this boat and do not mind paying the bill, im new at the boating thing and i know nothing but how traffic goes on the river. i need someone thats semi honest and that will steer me in the right direction. i dont hold this against any shop but the one who did this to me. :)
It is sad to think that someone who is new to boating got treated like this. And I will tell you first hand that there are guys out there that are very very reputable. Just ask!!!! If you need to do little things on the boat, you can do them yourself. There is so much information and help on the web-site it is amazing. I went from not knowing anything to re-wiring my entire motor and hull, with the help from these guys on the web-site. And as stated earlier it is good to know what is going on with your boat, because your mechanic is not out on the water with you. Know as much as you can!
Post a pic of your boat!!

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 10:26 AM
PICS COMING TODAY. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

steelcomp
06-20-2005, 04:00 PM
I really do not think he is going to spread this guys name around. I agree with you that he should post the shop name, but I can also see his point. Basically he could put the guy out of business, then the guy could sue him for slander, because it is all in print on this site. It is a tough situation, and it sucks that someone got scammed. It really does make the good shops look bad.You can't sue anyone for telling the truth. :coffeycup

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
i understand that but i want to settle this in court. it seems to me that his wallet is more important than his reputation. as soon as court is done. i'll spred the news. meanwhile i think im goint to go to baker marine. sounds to me like he wants to help boaters and thats what this is about. need an estimate on my gas gauge. i know i cant get one until he sees the boat so i'll take it there, its worth the couple extra miles drive. :D :D

cole13
06-20-2005, 05:58 PM
i understand that but i want to settle this in court. it seems to me that his wallet is more important than his reputation. as soon as court is done. i'll spred the news. meanwhile i think im goint to go to baker marine. sounds to me like he wants to help boaters and thats what this is about. need an estimate on my gas gauge. i know i cant get one until he sees the boat so i'll take it there, its worth the couple extra miles drive. :D :D
he does sound like a stand up guy. if you would like another refferal let me know. I have a guy in Simi Valley that does amazing work.

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM
THANK YOU FOR UPDATE, SIMI VALLEYS NOT TO FAR EITHER. sorry with the caps, im not yelling. i just want an honest guy to deal with, kinda like when you take your vehicles in for service, you want someone to tell the truth at whatever the cost. but i would like to say that everyone on here has been very helpful and very honest, thats the bomb. :clover:

cole13
06-20-2005, 06:34 PM
THANK YOU FOR UPDATE, SIMI VALLEYS NOT TO FAR EITHER. sorry with the caps, im not yelling. i just want an honest guy to deal with, kinda like when you take your vehicles in for service, you want someone to tell the truth at whatever the cost. but i would like to say that everyone on here has been very helpful and very honest, thats the bomb. :clover:
I fuel gauge is easy to fix. What is the problem with it? Do you know if the gauge is broken? Or do you just need to redo the wires.
If you want call Jim Lange at Hi-Tech marine in Simi 805-583-2656. I think that is the right number. I have never had a problem with him, he is a very stand up guy. He also stands behind everything he does, and does not let anything leave the shop unless it is right.
Hope this helps. And see you on the river.
P.S. Where is the Picture of your boat?

Hustler
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I just read this whole thread and I gotta say your not doing any one else any justice by keeping the shop name off the the boards. I have a sneaking suspicion that you took it to Greg Shoemaker? If that is the case he did the same thing to my brother after taking him 6 months to fix the boat. If I'm close you can just reply with a :D

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 06:38 PM
cole13, the gauges should work i just bought the new set of stainless gauges from hardin marine, but you never know. and the other question, my buddy is gonna email my own pics to me seeing as how my new computer is kickin my but. :umm: :D :D

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
HUSTLER YOU GUYS KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE AND ALOT OF SHOPS, I THINK THIS IS A GREAT BOARD. THANKS :D :D

boater012
06-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the confidence 76. I also do mobile repair and I travel all over socal, so if youd like I can come to you for the drive time. its up to you I will leave my number, leave a message if I dont answer seeing as my days usually are spent in the bilge of a boat and not in my office. 1-310-283-0564. i have a bitchin mobile srvice truck equppied with everything needed to do a simple oil change to a complete rewire. probably a simple problem with the fuel gauge and can be resolved same day.

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 07:26 PM
BOATER012, your the man. let me run it sat, watching my fuel tank, then i'll give you a call. hey 4 hours cant be 4900.00 though. :D :D . i will call you monday. i really hope she runs good. i have a buddy with an outboard 18 footer thats going with me to tow me in if there are any problems. if so we will work something out. i dont mind the drive it gets me outta the heat, but i will call. and again, THANK YOU. :D

boater012
06-20-2005, 07:58 PM
No problem I will look forward to talking to you monday then good luck with it on saturday sir. :cool:

steelcomp
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I just read this whole thread and I gotta say your not doing any one else any justice by keeping the shop name off the the boards. I have a sneaking suspicion that you took it to Greg Shoemaker? If that is the case he did the same thing to my brother after taking him 6 months to fix the boat. If I'm close you can just reply with a :D
Hustler, what did your friend end up doing about this?? This kind of crap has to stop. :mad:

76ANTHONY
06-20-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks steelcomp, i was wondering the same thing. did he take care of it? :eat:

Hustler
06-21-2005, 07:52 AM
my brother did'nt do any thing about it, he sold the boat a couple months later. I tried to get him to fight it but he's just not that kind of person.

76ANTHONY
06-21-2005, 08:17 AM
HUSTLER, im not either, but this isnt too cool, there are too many shops out there keeping prices and service real. this sucks that no one will do anything/ i guess i'll steep up and do it. lets see what happens. people seem to be working a little harder these days for the oh mighty dollar. the principal is the key. :devil: :D

boater012
06-21-2005, 09:05 AM
still waiting for that invoice from ya 76. Id like to look it over and discuss it with you. fax is 1-562-437-6606 if ya need it again.
:burningm: Im still pissed about this, Im gonna go work on this 502 im building to forget about it!

76ANTHONY
06-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Coming At Ya Boater012, Gotta Name I Should Put In Under.?

76ANTHONY
06-21-2005, 09:54 AM
should be there. let me know. :confused:

boater012
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Thank you sir for the fax. I beleive for the work he performed that he did not overcharge you. the work performed was extensive (if they actually did everything that was on the invoice that is). you still have the problem of not clearing any of this work with you. the law in california that has to do with estimates states: the repair facility is not allowed to go over a written, signed estimate by more than a ten percent margin without first consulting with and getting further authorization from the customer, either signed or verbal and, must be documented on the final invoice or repair bill. now thats where your problem lies. did you sign an original estimate with them? If so for what amount? if it is the $1000.00 you stated in the beginning then you will be able to get all but $1100.00 of your money back from him. ( 10 % of 1000.00 is 100.00 added up = 1100.00). please fax over the signed estimate when u get a chance and I will start to put a file together for you on what further steps can be taken.
p.s. please no one ask me for the name of the shop, so as to keep the wishes of 76 anthony intact I will not divulge this info. :burningm: this still pisses me off, I got to get back to work. I have a jet pump calling my name. :D :D :D

76ANTHONY
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
thank you very much. so i wasent ripped off, just not called. and 1000.00 est was signed by me. i'll fax that tommorrow. but it included a lake test for 225.00, this was never done. thank you and have fun with your jet. :smile:

cole13
06-21-2005, 01:27 PM
thank you very much. so i wasent ripped off, just not called. and 1000.00 est was signed by me. i'll fax that tommorrow. but it included a lake test for 225.00, this was never done. thank you and have fun with your jet. :smile:
76anthony, post a pic of your boat. I am sure there are some people here that would love to see it. Good to hear that you did not get ripped off.
Have fun at the river this weekend!! Let us know how she ran.

76ANTHONY
06-21-2005, 01:32 PM
this forum is hard to post pics on so i made a cd, should help, i'll post tonight or tommorrow, and yes im happy too that i didnt get ripped off, someone needs to tell this guy to auth his work and he'll be better off, i got alot of pm's over this and about 15 people guessed who he was, kinda sad huh? :)

cole13
06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
this forum is hard to post pics on so i made a cd, should help, i'll post tonight or tommorrow, and yes im happy too that i didnt get ripped off, someone needs to tell this guy to auth his work and he'll be better off, i got alot of pm's over this and about 15 people guessed who he was, kinda sad huh? :)
Damn, that is really sad actually! I am glad that I have a guy who treats me fair. I know it is done right and is not going to break down.
For the picture thing, I know there is a sticky thread on top of one of the rooms that explains how to do.

76ANTHONY
06-22-2005, 06:20 PM
BOATER012, SORRY I COULDNT FAX THAT BILL TODAY, I GOT SWAMPED AT WORK AND THEN HAD TO REGISTER THE BOAT, I WILL DEFINETLY FAX IT TOMMORROW. SORRY, GETTIN READY FOR THE FIRST RUN THIS WEEKEND. :D :D

boater012
06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
no problem ive been swamped myself ( as you can imagine). i will wait patiently for it thank you again.

76ANTHONY
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
BOATER012, as you know im gonna go out sat, is there anything i need to watch. first time boat will hit water since i bought it. its almost all new, old headers :D

boater012
06-23-2005, 05:39 PM
just do a once over on everything check to make sure the belts are tight! check the oil level. check the mounting bolts for the engine and any accesories, check the water in your batteries, check to make sure the battery cables are tight, check the steering cable for tightness, and last but not least DO NOT FORGET THE DRAIN PLUG. when running in the water on the trailer make sure you open the water inlet valve ( commonly reffered to as the death valeve in my circle of friends) MAKE SURE IT IS OPEN! check the lugnuts on the trailer before you go! and make sure you grease the wheel bearings. i always jack up the trailer and check to make sure im not starting out with a bad bearing to begin with! especially on a new purchase or something that has been sittting for awhile.

Squirtin Thunder
06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
For 76Anthony
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/231101010067.jpg

76ANTHONY
06-23-2005, 06:42 PM
thank you squiten thunder, that makes my day. :D :D

boater012
06-23-2005, 09:06 PM
wow nice boat 76 I like! I hope it runs perfect and goes smoothly for you sat. enjoy it its a beauty. :D :D :D

cave
06-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Looks like it all came out good. 76ANTHONY nice boat! If your new to low freeboard boating you may want to watch the rear end when slowing down from a fast run. From the picture you dont have a splash shield. Just in case you stop in the middle of the lake watch others wakes. Once you get it in the water you'll notice how low your rear end is to the water. Be safe & have fun.
As for the shop owner who is in question. What comes around Goes around.

76ANTHONY
06-24-2005, 06:38 AM
CAVE, thanks for the advise, i'd heard about that, i guess it wasent bull. :D i guess i have alot to get used to. and your right what goes around comes around. this forum is the bomb. i really appriciate all the advise, from all of you, you dont know what a help it is to hear all the good and bad from everyone.
THANKS
scott :clover: :D :D

78Anthonyjet
06-27-2005, 03:06 PM
76ANTHONY, that is a BAD ASS ride. Now that I have seen pictures of 3 Anthonys, I deffinately have some work to do on mine. She runs, but looks like hell. Need to redo interior, boat color makes me want to goto HOOTERS.

76ANTHONY
06-27-2005, 05:24 PM
78anthonyjet, the best thing about a boat is seeing others and there ideas. i looked at about 60 boats before i even bought mine. then from there another two hundred to lok at paint and so on. its your boat thats the best way to start. i see so many with seats that are aranged better and blowers and all that. its expensive but whata blast. there are so many things you can do. thats why im broke now. but got some wiring issues and then it'll be another new part here and there. let me know if you need something i've still got a couple pieces left of the old anthony. :hammer2: alto this helps too.