PDA

View Full Version : charley, how'd it go?

WhiteShadow
05-11-2003, 09:27 PM
someone said they saw charley going after that all white skater in havasu this weekend!I heard that it was more than just once too. Just curious as to the results of that one. Should have been neat to see (or maybe not). any other duels out there anyone can report on?

Charley
05-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Well..... I don't know what he's running for power but my guess is it's pretty damn serious cause he pulled me wink ... oh well I got my first spankin.... I will tell ya that I was still proud of how my N/A single carbed peto motors Ran :D I saw him later that day at Park Moabi, and I wanted to stop and say hello but I was towing someone in.....anyone know what he's got for power?

mbrown2
05-12-2003, 07:37 AM
Is that the white Skater with the flames on the scoops? or the one with the blower motors sticking out and with a serious lope...don't know what either are running but the latter seems to idle at about 10mph..

Charley
05-12-2003, 08:01 AM
white 32 with black windshield.. blower scoops loud as hell eek!

hot_diggity_dog
05-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Well..... I don't know what he's running for power but my guess is it's pretty damn serious cause he pulled me ... oh well I got my first spankin.... I will tell ya that I was still proud of how my N/A single carbed peto motors Ran I saw him later that day at Park Moabi, and I wanted to stop and say hello but I was towing someone in.....anyone know what he's got for power? Hey Charley,
I heard you were OK with the Spankin :o but Jen is pissed burningm and placed a call to Dave this morning inquiring about a F-34 LOL. :D
Well hookup on the next one!
wink
HDD :cool:

Havasu Cig
05-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Charley,
If it was the 32' with the blue flames on the scoops he is running blower motors (not sure on hp). I have been told it runs in the mid 130 range. The guy who owns it has some $$$$ wink
[ May 12, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Cig ]

Boatjob26
05-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey Charley...that's my buddy Faulkner in the all white 32' Skater with flamed scoops. Just for the heads up, he's got blown 565's, and runs DEEP into the 150-155mph range :D I'm sure that it was wild race though!!

Boatjob26
05-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh yeah....he built his 565's himself, and they put out close to 1100 hp apiece wink

BoatFloating
05-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Charley:
Well..... I don't know what he's running for power but my guess is it's pretty damn serious cause he pulled me wink ... oh well I got my first spankin.... I will tell ya that I was still proud of how my N/A single carbed peto motors Ran :D I saw him later that day at Park Moabi, and I wanted to stop and say hello but I was towing someone in.....anyone know what he's got for power? Charley, He's a buddy of mine and I was parked next to him at Moabi when you where towing in the Advantage, you should of stopped by and said hi my boat was parked next to his, but mine is not as scary as his, maybe my boat name caught your attention? I didn't see the race but he told me a blue 29 came after him near sandbar, so I knew it was you. Don't feel bad, there are very few boats that can run with him. When go with him I just try and follow and catch any thing that flys off like sun glasses, towels etc. When I told him what you where running he's was impressed and I don't think he believed me. Next time you see us please stop and say hi, it would be great to finally meet you and Jen. We are back out there Memorial, how about you? We hang at Moabi alot. :D

Tom Slick
05-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Here's the skinny on Greggy's Skater. It is a 32' Skater with Blown 580 c.u. motors and #6 drives. The boat is setup to run up to about 145mph. It accelerates like a Top Fueler and was set up to do that. I have personally been in the boat at the fastest recorded speed on GPS at 144.9 on flat water. The boat was still accelerating and should run a bit faster under the right conditions. Carson Brummett from Pasadena CA builds the motors and does the setup on the boat. It is one of the best setup boats around and rumor has it, it could be yours for the right amount of money after Memorial Day. By the way, if all you hot rod guys out there want to pick on him, just remember that he usually has his 8 year old daughter on board, so he may not run you every time, but when she hitches a ride with some one else, bring it on.
P.S. That was funny on that last post about how he builds his own motors. Greggy can hardly put gas in that thing himself, let alone do any of his own repairs. Carson makes Greg look good. :D

Craig
05-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Wow, he's upgraded. He was the "big dog" at the first two AHBA poker runs about 2 years ago! I mentioned his boat in the newsletter I used to write for the AHBA. Greg told me at that time "the boat ran 129 mph and that was fast enough for a 32' Guess he had some wheaties :D That's a good looking boat!
[ May 12, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Boatjob26
05-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Tom Slick:
Here's the skinny on Greggy's Skater. It is a 32' Skater with Blown 580 c.u. motors and #6 drives. The boat is setup to run up to about 145mph. It accelerates like a Top Fueler and was set up to do that. I have personally been in the boat at the fastest recorded speed on GPS at 144.9 on flat water. The boat was still accelerating and should run a bit faster under the right conditions. Carson Brummett from Pasadena CA builds the motors and does the setup on the boat. It is one of the best setup boats around and rumor has it, it could be yours for the right amount of money after Memorial Day. By the way, if all you hot rod guys out there want to pick on him, just remember that he usually has his 8 year old daughter on board, so he may not run you every time, but when she hitches a ride with some one else, bring it on.
P.S. That was funny on that last post about how he builds his own motors. Greggy can hardly put gas in that thing himself, let alone do any of his own repairs. Carson makes Greg look good. :D That's what Roy Schaeder told me, oops! The driver of "How Sweet it is" needs to stop lying to me :D

Tom Slick
05-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Craig,
I think that the more they dialed it in, the better it ran, but I really think that the boat had the MPH in it the whole time, it has just taken Greg this long to pull his balls out of his purse and ring that sucker out. That boat does 90-145 mph in a blink of an eye now.

Charley
05-12-2003, 12:52 PM
1100 HP A SIDE!! AHA.... I feel better now eek! well like I said before Thats a Fast Fockin boat and I did get spanked.... I dont think "Greg" had his 8 year old with him on that run though... :D that boy has some balls on him wink ... Boat floating I really wanted to stop by and chat but the guy I was towing had a hell of a day...I'll spare you the details but it was traumatic.. I actually towed him to Moabi and drove him to windsor to get his truck and trailer...like you said Next Time wink which boat was yers?

Craig
05-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Tom Slick:
Craig,
I think that the more they dialed it in, the better it ran, but I really think that the boat had the MPH in it the whole time, it has just taken Greg this long to pull his balls out of his purse and ring that sucker out. That boat does 90-145 mph in a blink of an eye now. So...what you're saying is "LEAVE YOUR SKIRT AT THE DOCK, WE'RE GOIN' BOATIN :D "

Havasu Cig
05-12-2003, 02:34 PM
For you guys that know this Skater your name would not happen to be Charley would it? I talked to a guy named Charley running a 30' spectre that gave me the info on the Skater. I have seen him running (following) the above Skater as well.

Tom Slick
05-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Havasu Cig,
Nope, I don't think that the Charley that you are referring to has ever been on these boards. His Spectre is torn apart right now and he is freshening up his motors! Hopefully he will be back out next season!
On the other hand, I have a Spectre and it is actually for sale if anyone is interested. Serious inquiries ONLY.

BoatFloating
05-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Tom Slick:
By the way, if all you hot rod guys out there want to pick on him, just remember that he usually has his 8 year old daughter on board, so he may not run you every time, but when she hitches a ride with some one else, bring it on.
P.S. That was funny on that last post about how he builds his own motors. Greggy can hardly put gas in that thing himself, let alone do any of his own repairs. Carson makes Greg look good. :D Tom, that's funny, I'm usually the taxi for his girl, but it's my pleasure since her and my boy will soon be married. I'm going have my boy marry into Skater money.
You missed the rest of the story. On the way down to Springs for dinner he had my boy and his girl and Hotties's boy on board. When Tommy's 28 Skater and the AMT were going at it and rolled passed us, he had to show them who's boss and promtly took her up to 136 mph. He did say he was sorry for running my boy that fast, but my boy thought it was the coolest thing, and Greg is one of the few people I trust with my boy.
Charley, to answer your question the name was BIG DECK, ring a bell. Carrera 257 Party Effect......
Memorial Day should be fun. :D :D :D

Charley
05-12-2003, 07:12 PM
AHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hello wink :D

hot_diggity_dog
05-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Hey BoatFloating Iv'e seen you out there a few times myself, wink I'm just around the corner from you in Fallbrook!!

Tom Slick
05-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Big Deck,
What's shaken? How did Tommy shape up against that AMT? I wish that I could have been there, sounds like you guys had a fun time this weekend. Believe it or not, I would actually trust G-Faulk with my kid too if I had one. As much as I hate to admit it, he can actually drive that turd pretty well. Oh yeah, I was going to ask you when the wedding was and if you would be a guest or if you would be spinnin the vinyl?

BoatFloating
05-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Tom, we missed you, it was a top 5 weekend. Tommy's boat was running great, he seemed to pull him down the lake. Nothing like seeing 3 fast cats running down to springs at dust, just awesome. It's a nice view from the back. Regarding wedding, since Greg is paying for wedding, I'm sure I'll have to spin........ idea
Charley, Hi, we will meet soon can't wait see boat close up eek!
HDD, fallbrook is a great area. I'm sure we will see more of you at river this year.

Jrocket
05-12-2003, 08:57 PM
Charley,glad to see you got his attention atleast.How fast do you think you were running when you raced him?

alfanzo
05-12-2003, 09:41 PM
WOW, you guys are fast. the fastest i've been in a boat is 58 or somewere around there. I thout that was fast, we were fly'in. "DAAAMB HOMMIE'IN HIGH SCHOOL YOU WAS THE MAN HOMMIE" :cool: look 4 me in the pontoon boat on memorial day, I'll be the 1 with the shorties in the back, shake'in that ASS. I want to see you guys drive those big ass boat fatst right by me. Were should i hang out to see that? :confused: :cool:

KillerV
05-13-2003, 04:03 PM
greg is a little shy when it comes to talking about himself, good thing he has a lot of great friends like us to step in and get his back, his boat is the bomb, but the man is also a great guy and friend to all of us. sorry i missed all the fun this weekend Killa V
p.s tom slick thanks for the kind post under fast v bottoms
"thats me standing out like dogs balls"

Tom Slick
05-13-2003, 07:14 PM
KillerV,
What's up dog? No problem, I've always got my boyz back. To bad Power Boat is so political and didn't run a photo of your engine in the article.

Charley
05-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Jrocket:
Charley,glad to see you got his attention atleast.How fast do you think you were running when you raced him? wasn't consistently running it but the tattle tale said 121 after that run so at one point or another that was my high #
[ May 14, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Jrocket
05-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Charley.....121 must be nice!!!! :D

hot_diggity_dog
05-14-2003, 07:45 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/55Charleyleaveschannel-med.jpg
:D :D :D :D

alfanzo
05-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey Chris(tomslick), What up? Out of the 1000 pairs of sun glasses, do you think i could get a pair? Can you kick down a pair of shades 4 a brother? I'll see u at the river this weekend and grab them from you. Are all your friends going to be there? Like the guy with the bullet, or the guy whith the big white boat? Hope to see you there. jawdrop wink :)
PS Can you get me a ride in the big white boat?

Reaper1
05-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Yeah T. Slick, hook a brother up with some Loc's dog. Alfanzo wants to ride the big white one. :confused: :p :D

BoatFloating
05-21-2003, 12:14 PM
T Slick is handing out glasses I'm third in line. I would just like one of those fly caps his roomy has. How come he can't ride on the big brown one, always hating on the mexican...... :p
see ya this weekend.............
[ May 21, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

Jrocket
05-21-2003, 12:46 PM
BoatFloating:
How come he can't ride on the big brown oneBF.....Im gonna let this one go,I probably dont want to know the answer. :D

BoatFloating
05-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Jrocket:
BoatFloating:
How come he can't ride on the big brown oneBF.....Im gonna let this one go,I probably dont want to know the answer. :D Good point, I meant the UPS truck of coarse. :D

WhiteShadow
05-21-2003, 09:24 PM
i think the guy with the big white boat has way too many dudes on his nuts!

Charley
05-22-2003, 02:47 PM
OH MAN THIS THREAD IS HEADING SOUTH smile_sp

Tom Slick
05-22-2003, 04:54 PM
First of all, I don't know where you guy's are getting the idea that a geek like me has a bunch of sun glasses. If you want a pair, probably the best way to get some is to do like most of my friends and just steel them from me. Just don't let me catch you. :D
As for the guy with the bigwhite boat, he is a friend of mine, but he is a major DORK! We don't really hang out with him because of his big white boat, we hang out with him because his wife is really hot! Most of us are on his nuts, not for his big white boat, but because he has real nice nuts and to drink all of his Grey Goose. :D
Hey Alfonso, I bet if you offer to clean his boat and suck his ball sack like a tea bag, you could probably get a ride on his big white boat. Oh wait, you already do that. wink
Anyway, I won't be making it out this year, so all of you have a great time and keep it safe.

LAVEYSABRE575
05-22-2003, 05:05 PM
hi slick did you sell your htm yet...derek

Charley
05-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Slick Grey goose is Excellent stuff but..... pig_flyi

Tom Slick
05-22-2003, 06:54 PM
LaveySabre575,
Yes, I actually sold the HTM today. One down, one to go. Anyone looking for a 30' Spectre with twin 540's?

LAVEYSABRE575
05-22-2003, 07:04 PM
what are you getting (skater)? I have a great connection for a new (32 canopy) rigged with interior only new of course...derek

Tom Slick
05-22-2003, 08:19 PM
LaveySabre,
Unfortunately I am having to get out of boating for awhile and get real about life for a year or two. cry I'm really going to miss boating alot, but business and a new home are having to take priority for now, but you can bet that when I come back it will be in something pretty sick. wink
By the way, I saw photos of your new boat on another thread. Thumbs up to the graphics on that thing. That is going to be a beautiful piece when it is finished. What are you going to run for a motor and drive?

LAVEYSABRE575
05-22-2003, 09:29 PM
slick sorry to hear about the hiatus. thanks for the comments about the sabre im toning it down compared to my htm. Im going with 575 sci with trs system xr upper imco lower.. should do 92. Turn key is the main thing......for now..derek