PDA

View Full Version : OK ... I got screwed!

BUSBY
06-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, I am not going to name the individual, but I will let everyone know the situation.
For those of you who know me, you know of my jet boat, what I ran and where I got my equipment. For those of you who don't, let me give you some background.
I ran my Eliminator w/ a blown alcohol motor. When Frank Nagore flipped his boat at ming, he was out of commission for quite some time. I was looking at getting a new pump and some hardware at the time, so Frank and I struck a deal. One of the pieces I got was his pump complete (pump, 1740 shaft, inducer, impeller, flowed bowl, droop, stuffer plate, etc.). This pump had Frank well into the 7's and the upper 130's.
After I bought it, I took it to Tom Papp ... paid him to go through it completely ... and put it on the shelf in the garage as a secondary unit ... never ran it ... totally fresh.
Well a couple of years now have gone by and I blew up my hydro's engine. I sell the fresh pump to a guy who own's an automotive shop in New Mexico building a boat to race to help cover rebuild costs. I end up taking $1800 for it because I need the money for rods (I took it in the shorts).
After he receives it, he calls saying that the shaft and mai bearing were no good ... ??? He said that there was .040 play in the inducer and that the bearing would "chatter" as he would spin it ... ??? I told him that this didn't sound right and had him take the shaft out and send it back to Tommy for inspection. Well, Tom looked at it, said it was more like .010 play if anything & the bearing was new. I called the guy and he said he wasn't happy with the purchase, but said that he would like to get a new shaft (that it would make him feel better) and would like to split the cost w/ me. I called Tommy back and agreed to split the cost with him ... I figured I just made a little less on the pump :eat: oh well.
Tommy gets one and ships it to the guy, I call him and left him a message with the balance due for shipping costs and 1/2 of the shaft. No Answer. Two weeks have gone by, no answer. I speak to him today, he tells me basically to "pound sand", he has what he wanted ... and he dosen't feel responsible to have to pay.
So, I now have a bill with Tommy for $400 for a shaft I don't even need. I lost $700 originally by selling it for $1800 ... so now I sold a completely race ready pump for $1400 ... to a DICK to boot!
Pardon my bitching here, and I'm not going to mention names here, by if you are planning on selling anyting to a guy in New Mexico who has his first name in his Automotive repair shop's title ... think again or be careful ... he's not a stand up guy!
Brian

MudPumper
06-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, I am not going to name the individual, but I will let everyone know the situation.
For those of you who know me, you know of my jet boat, what I ran and where I got my equipment. For those of you who don't, let me give you some background.
I ran my Eliminator w/ a blown alcohol motor. When Frank Nagore flipped his boat at ming, he was out of commission for quite some time. I was looking at getting a new pump and some hardware at the time, so Frank and I struck a deal. One of the pieces I got was his pump complete (pump, 1740 shaft, inducer, impeller, flowed bowl, droop, stuffer plate, etc.). This pump had Frank well into the 7's and the upper 130's.
After I bought it, I took it to Tom Papp ... paid him to go through it completely ... and put it on the shelf in the garage as a secondary unit ... never ran it ... totally fresh.
Well a couple of years now have gone by and I blew up my hydro's engine. I sell the fresh pump to a guy who own's an automotive shop in New Mexico building a boat to race to help cover rebuild costs. I end up taking $1800 for it because I need the money for rods (I took it in the shorts).
After he receives it, he calls saying that the shaft and mai bearing were no good ... ??? He said that there was .040 play in the inducer and that the bearing would "chatter" as he would spin it ... ??? I told him that this didn't sound right and had him take the shaft out and send it back to Tommy for inspection. Well, Tom looked at it, said it was more like .010 play if anything & the bearing was new. I called the guy and he said he wasn't happy with the purchase, but said that he would like to get a new shaft (that it would make him feel better) and would like to split the cost w/ me. I called Tommy back and agreed to split the cost with him ... I figured I just made a little less on the pump :eat: oh well.
Tommy gets one and ships it to the guy, I call him and left him a message with the balance due for shipping costs and 1/2 of the shaft. No Answer. Two weeks have gone by, no answer. I speak to him today, he tells me basically to "pound sand", he has what he wanted ... and he dosen't feel responsible to have to pay.
So, I now have a bill with Tommy for $400 for a shaft I don't even need. I lost $700 originally by selling it for $1800 ... so now I sold a completely race ready pump for $1400 ... to a DICK to boot!
Pardon my bitching here, and I'm not going to mention names here, by if you are planning on selling anyting to a guy in New Mexico who has his first name in his Automotive repair shop's title ... think again or be careful ... he's not a stand up guy!
Brian
That's a shit deal for sure, and I say fuc k it, post his name, the name of his shop and his phone number for all to see. Better yet, I'll pour us up some cement shoes and will go get your pump and your new shaft back. :D

76ANTHONY
06-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Whats Wrong With People These Days, Are They Just Born Theives? Whats The Deal With The Great Deal And Then Go Another Foot With It? He Should Have Been Happy. I Guess Not Huh?

Wally_Gator
06-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I say post his name as well. Let us be fore warned..

BUSBY
06-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure if he's online here and I don't want to get legal w/ him for bad mouthing ... but I can make it damn close! And I'm sure Tommy won't hold back ... the guys wife was a bi*ch to Terry, Tommy's wife ... so he won't do business w/ him again.
The guy knows a lot of SDBA and IHBA guys here on the boards ... he knows I'm pissed and I'm sure he'll hear about this.
I like the Idea of the cement shoes though Mike ... we could kick back a couple of cold bullets while watching the bubbles come up! :devil:

Squirtin Thunder
06-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Did you get the other Shaft and Bearing back ????

Red Horse
06-18-2005, 12:46 AM
A verbal contract is legal. Get him for theft. Call the cops in New Mexico, the BBB. Take a road trip. I think you should do something and not worry about "ruining" his name. THat is what this is all about. :cool:

Cheyenne372
06-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Add this experience to the basic rules of life:
1) Never make a deal under a red neon light!
2) Never trust a man whose ass is wider than his shoulders!
3) Beer IS Food!
4) Don't trust anybody from New Mexico! (This guy that screwed you......Charlie Fegan......Is there a pattern here?)

superdave013
06-18-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm not sure if he's online here and I don't want to get legal w/ him for bad mouthing ... :
If what you say is true then he can take no legal action against you. Well, he could but would have a hard time winning it.
Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of good people in that state as well. It would be nice to know who the bad eggs are.
A mountain bike site I go to has a buy sell forum. The next forum down is the bad sellers / scammers forum. lol Seems to keep things in the up and up as no one wants to be called out there.

BUSBY
06-18-2005, 06:26 AM
After a night of sleep ... I agree, I should post his name. I got the short end of the "shaft" here ...
His name is Brad Plumb or Plume ... not sure of the spelling (sounds like loom with a p). He owns Brad's Automotive Repair.
Squirtin ... I have the old shaft and Tommy says that I could sell it, but not to expect more than $150 for it ... and no bearing, the bearing was new so it was put on the new shaft and sent back to him. He says he still needs to get a new one ... Tommy says he's full of shi t.
Cheyenne ... Charlie, this guy ... that's funny!
Dave, your right ... not everyone in New Mexico is such an ASS MONKEY as this guy is! And you're right ... he would have a pretty hard time causing me legal action from this. Actually, I would love to have him print this and take it to court for the judge to see as it it the truth! Judged by a group of our peers!
Anyways ... there it is, his name and business. Buyers beware!
Brian

UBFJ #454
06-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Cheyenne372 -
What the 'Heck' does Charlie Fegan have to do with any of this and why bring his name into it? Kinda a 'CS' Shot don't ya think?

BUSBY
06-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Jak ... Charlie has moved to Bosque Farms, New Mexico

DansBlown73Nordic
06-18-2005, 07:22 AM
I will second that.......Never ever trust a guy from New Mexico....... :hammerhea

Cs19
06-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Shitty deal Busby, sorry to hear about this.
My advice is to leave mention of his business out of it.
What boat does this yahoo have?

roostwear
06-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Too bad you didn't ship the shaft via USPS, you could bring the Postmaster General into it for mail fraud..... a felony.

BUSBY
06-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Not sure ... I know he plans on racing it. But to start out by screwing another racer is not a good first step.
I don't want to taint his business name, he might be a great guy when it comes to offering services ... however, his word is not worth it IMO when it comes to deals though.
Just Tommy's and my opinion though for what it's worth.
It's not the money issue, $400 isn't a big deal ... but that's a lot of Coors Light in my world! I could have thrown you guys a party instead!
Brian

BUSBY
06-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Too bad you didn't ship the shaft via USPS, you could bring the Postmaster General into it for mail fraud..... a felony.
I don't think I would take it that far ... I figure bringing it here is sometimes worse than having a felony!

cave
06-18-2005, 08:41 AM
It's not the money issue, $400 isn't a big deal ... but that's a lot of Coors Light in my world! I could have thrown you guys a party instead!
Now I'm pist. I like parties. Name him! :D
J/K.
Honesty is across the board. If he jipt you in this deal then he probably has jipt someone else too.
How could anyone who wants to race with you guys even think of ripping you off. What does he think is gunna happen when you meet. Poor communication skills :confused:

Wicked Performance Boats
06-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Busby, Thanks for the heads up. Knowledge is everything. That $400 you lost in the deal will cost him many many more, besides his reputation is shit now. people get their just desserts in the end. let it go now. move on . Budlight :devil: :( :mad:

Squirtin Thunder
06-18-2005, 10:58 AM
After a night of sleep ... I agree, I should post his name. I got the short end of the "shaft" here ...
His name is Brad Plumb or Plume ... not sure of the spelling (sounds like loom with a p). He owns Brad's Automotive Repair.
Squirtin ... I have the old shaft and Tommy says that I could sell it, but not to expect more than $150 for it ... and no bearing, the bearing was new so it was put on the new shaft and sent back to him. He says he still needs to get a new one ... Tommy says he's full of shi t.
Cheyenne ... Charlie, this guy ... that's funny!
Dave, your right ... not everyone in New Mexico is such an ASS MONKEY as this guy is! And you're right ... he would have a pretty hard time causing me legal action from this. Actually, I would love to have him print this and take it to court for the judge to see as it it the truth! Judged by a group of our peers!
Anyways ... there it is, his name and business. Buyers beware!
Brian
I am interested in the shaft !!!

Floored
06-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Imagine if a boat couldnt pass tech after towing hundreds of miles! What a shame.

77charger
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
first tell the guy your pissed give him time to pay up if all else fails post his name.Luckily i have had good luck buying a couple of things from members i trust to many people
BTW say hi to ron and dave for me
robert boat 006 hot damn hondo(retired)

Squirtcha?
06-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I've been real lucky too. Most of the things I've bought or sold have been between fellow board members. Haven't had one single deal go sour and everyone's been great to deal with. Sending mechandise to me when agreed, or sending money when they were purchasing something. I've even gone so far as to send people things prior to them paying for them (trusting that they would do so when the parts were received). Everyone's been real cool.
Sure hope I never have to regret typing this one!

UBFJ #454
06-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Brian-
"Jak ... Charlie has moved to Bosque Farms, New Mexico."
I'm aware of that ... Bosque Farms is just South of Albq. and Charlie has moved the IHBA Headquarters there ....Actually, he sold his parts business and built an office facility on the same piece of property as his home is on.
Charlie's Sole Focus now is the IHBA and Racing his Sprint Cars on the Circuit ...
I know there are some that don't like Charlie (that's their business) ... I just don't like 'Cheap Shots' out of the blue on Anybody.

BUSBY
06-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I know Jak ... and I mean Charlie no harm or cheap shots ...
Robert ... I will be seeing Ron in about 30 minutes, David will probably be over alos ... I will tell them you said hi, why don't you come out next weekend? We'll have a couple of cold ones waiting for you if you do! It would be good seeing you agiain.
Floored ... wouldn't that be a bitch, if he came all of the way out to an NJBA event and I would have to make a grey area judgement call on if he could run or not?
Cave ... be pissed, that would have been an awesome START to a party ... anyone who has kicked back a few with me will let you know I won't stop at $400 to keep the party going!
Squirtcha and anyone else ... Tommy has the shaft and will answer any questions ... it is still available for $150 ... (951) 734-4606
I'm off to party now, this Brad Plume guy has made his name mud as far as I'm concerned!
Everyone have a great Saturday!
Brian

77charger
06-18-2005, 02:39 PM
I know Jak ... and I mean Charlie no harm or cheap shots ...
Robert ... I will be seeing Ron in about 30 minutes, David will probably be over alos ... I will tell them you said hi, why don't you come out next weekend? We'll have a couple of cold ones waiting for you if you do! It would be good seeing you agiain.
Brian
I will try you will need more than a couple waiting though!My whole pit crew use to wonder sat night if i was going to wake up ok to drive on sunday when i raced :jawdrop:
My boss said after the first couple of races i needed to wake up with a hangover.LOL

Ntwotrance
06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
No real slander on your part, just your side of what you feel are the facts so I say not to worry about him taking any action against you, but (and this is just my .02) if I were you, I'd definately consider taking action against him....sorry to hear this happened to you, and after reading this and 76's post http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82551 just shows you, try to deal with only people you know or that others have had good dealings with. I know that your deal is a little different, and that you had nothing but good intentions in your end of the deal. I don't know that many stand up people like yourself who would go the extra distance to "sweeten" a deal like you made. Dont' let it sour you though......NTT.

NELSON#109
06-18-2005, 09:15 PM
dang... you should have just given it to me.. i would have run it, given you the $$$$, bought $400 in coors light, had a party, then just assumed i didnt go fast because i was loaded... see you nextweekend.... BTW im posting from my hotel in chowchilla, you guys didnt miss much ( except for all the slutty women, the good times, and oh yea... unlike njba, they serve beer here and because of that people show up.. sorrey, just pist that ihba has spectartors)..... "BEAT IT"... NELSON #109....

NELSON#109
06-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Oh Yea, Im On My Way To The Yellow Rose For Some Hookers & Blow....beat It....

fkeys
06-18-2005, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE this Brad Plume guy has made his name mud as far as I'm concerned![/QUOTE]
f**k Brad Plume - shouldn't have done you wrong. But the rest of us here in NM are OK!! Don't let a bad apple spoil the whole basket!!

Cs19
06-18-2005, 09:34 PM
LOL @ Nelson.

NELSON#109
06-19-2005, 02:10 AM
That Was No Joke ..... But, Im Glad You Could Apprecite It Chris.... The Caby Jus Brought Me Back From The Bar..... No Luck W/ The Ladies At The Bar,....they Were A Bit Rustic... Almost Had To Fight My Way Outa The Bar, But Once Again My Fat Lazy & Laid Back Attitude Refused To Allow My Participation In Anything Physical. So Im Gonna Try To Bone The Chick At The Front Counter.... Ill Let You All Know How It Works Out....

Shark In The Pond
06-19-2005, 09:11 AM
That Was No Joke ..... But, Im Glad You Could Apprecite It Chris.... The Caby Jus Brought Me Back From The Bar..... No Luck W/ The Ladies At The Bar,....they Were A Bit Rustic... Almost Had To Fight My Way Outa The Bar, But Once Again My Fat Lazy & Laid Back Attitude Refused To Allow My Participation In Anything Physical. So Im Gonna Try To Bone The Chick At The Front Counter.... Ill Let You All Know How It Works Out....
Well if it works out you better work it back in :D as far has this thread I would hate to be this guy trying to get into racing the way he is not going to be making alot of new freinds ! I have been around drag boats for a long time and just starting running RR in the SDBA and would not try it like this person is :hammerhea

BUSBY
06-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Well if I didn't know you Nelson, I would figure that you were full of it! However ... being as we are friends ... I wish I did sell it to you! :cool:
Next weekend ... MING! Next weekend ... RACING! Next weekend ... BEER! Next weekend ... FUN!
Sorry to hear about not finding any sluts @ the bar, how did it go w/ the girl at the front counter? I heard she had no teeth! :eek:
Late -
P.S. how did your boat run?

BUSBY
06-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Well if it works out you better work it back in :D as far has this thread I would hate to be this guy trying to get into racing the way he is not going to be making alot of new freinds ! I have been around drag boats for a long time and just starting running RR in the SDBA and would not try it like this person is :hammerhea
Yeah ... this Brad guy isn't started in the right direction. He's screwing himself w/o even knowing it.
Brian

steelcomp
06-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear about not finding any sluts @ the bar, how did it go w/ the girl at the front counter? I heard she had no teeth! Wow...that's a bummer....uh, I mean gummer...or is it nummer...hey, better throw some gas on that sombich! Make it BIG!!! (Oh swell!) :D :D

BUSBY
06-19-2005, 08:58 PM
So either one of two things happened ... Nelson is still driving home from Chowchilla or that gummer chick has him pinned down in the hotel room!
Nelson ... let us know when she lets you come up for air! :eek:
BB

NELSON#109
06-19-2005, 09:18 PM
the chick at the hotel counter wasnt bad, i tried to throw it up in her... she wouldnt leave the counter, i tried pretty hard, but no luck... oh well... my hot tub got fixed this weekend, so its on this week.... i just got back from chow.... was a good time. it's amazing how many people show up when theres a beer booth... there was a ton of hot bitches all over the place... it was nice to jus crew this time, less stress and more beer. bp ran pretty good this weekend. brian ill buy you a few frosty malty beverages next weekend to help ease the pain... and oh yea, we should talk about the alky moter thats comin out of pulidos boat this month... "beat it" nelson#109

moneysucker
06-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I am disppointed in you boy. You couldn't roll her under the front counter. I thought you were better than that Nelson. Don't dump your beer in front of the cops this time at ming too. lol

BUSBY
06-20-2005, 06:02 AM
and oh yea, we should talk about the alky moter thats comin out of pulidos boat this month...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... now you have me thinging ... he has a nice piece there ...
I thought you were running your boat there ... I was looking for time slips :confused:
Brian

NELSON#109
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
I am disppointed in you boy. You couldn't roll her under the front counter. I thought you were better than that Nelson. Don't dump your beer in front of the cops this time at ming too. lol
hey man, as i remember you were the one that almost got rolled up for that... i had mine in the huge AM PM cup, and i kept drinkin it right in front of the cop (like a pro) while he was bitchin at us... oh yea, and the chick at the counter... well, i think i blew it right from the get. when she first showed up for work, and was just comin through the front door, i yelled at her and told her " ur late"... i was just joking, but i looked at my watch and it was 10 after.... so i kept givin her a hard time.. the manager drug her into the back... i think she was busted... so it took some work just to get her talking later that night... if shes still there next time, ill pee in her butt.. yup, ill get laid for sure.. "BEAT IT"

NELSON#109
06-20-2005, 11:02 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... now you have me thinging ... he has a nice piece there ...
I thought you were running your boat there ... I was looking for time slips :confused:
Brian
sorrey, no time slips till next weekend... we'll see if we cant get you some spare parts at a smokin price. see ya in a few days...

BUSBY
06-20-2005, 11:39 AM
you sure will ...
LATE

steelcomp
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
"Yu'r LATE!!" Hey, that always worked for me! Give em a hard time, then give em a hard on! They love it. :devil: If not, F em! Dude, you're trouble lookin for a place to happen. Were gonna have to get together for sure. :D hey man, as i remember you were the one that almost got rolled up for that... i had mine in the huge AM PM cup, and i kept drinkin it right in front of the cop (like a pro) while he was bitchin at us... oh yea, and the chick at the counter... well, i think i blew it right from the get. when she first showed up for work, and was just comin through the front door, i yelled at her and told her " ur late"... i was just joking, but i looked at my watch and it was 10 after.... so i kept givin her a hard time.. the manager drug her into the back... i think she was busted... so it took some work just to get her talking later that night... if shes still there next time, ill pee in her butt.. yup, ill get laid for sure.. "BEAT IT"

BUSBY
06-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Scott ... you have to watch it with Nelson ... he's a professional!
It was when we were in my in-laws garage and he gets a phone call that I realized it ... it went something like this, "Hey bitch, whats up? No I'm in the OC picking up some parts. Hey we'll talk about that when I get back after you agree to a threesome with whats-her-name. Okay, okay, whatever ... after we have that threesome. Whatever ... gotta go, I'll talk to you after you agree to that threesome ... now beat it!" And he hangs up.
He proceeds to show us the text message pic she sent over to tease (or please) him. DAMN HOT!
That's when I knew he was my long lost brother from another mother! :cool:
Late,
Brian

Cs19
06-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Hopefully he busts out the lawnmower dance at ming, its entertaining to say the least.

BUSBY
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
lawnmower huh ... I must have missed it at Liquid Lounge :jawdrop: lol ...
Well ... enough beer and in the right setting, anything can happen I guess!
Brian

steelcomp
06-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Too f'n funny!! LMFAO!!!

Cs19
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, we missed ya Busby. flaaaaaaaaake.
Sent you a Pm Busby about NJBA. Thanks.

NELSON#109
06-20-2005, 10:25 PM
if i break into the 8's ill bust out the lawn mower... if i get under an 8.8 ill add a front flip into the lake to the whole lawn mower dance... "Beat it" Nelson#109

victorfb
06-20-2005, 10:42 PM
damn, you had to mention the lawn mower dance didnt you. i think my sides are still achin from laughin so hard watching that shiat. :shift:

BUSBY
06-21-2005, 06:23 AM
Yeah, we missed ya Busby. flaaaaaaaaake.
Yeah, I know, I know ... but I had to think, wife just got back from vacation wants to give it up ... wife was getting pissed if I was going out, or stay home make wife happy and give it to her. :D
Choice was pretty easy ... even though I missed the lawnmower!