PDA

View Full Version : Kings River near Fresno

gqchris
06-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Anyone have any info on this place? We are staying at Kellys beach near Reedley. I am bringing my 19 foot jet boat, I was told anything else is too big. Last I heard was that it is flowing real fast and the water is ice cold. We will be up there on the 26th next Friday. I guess this group we are going with does some float down river every year on innertubes that usally takes 4 hours but now that it is flowing so fast it is only 2 and they advised us to wear life jackets! I think ill stay in my boat! LOL
Any tips or pointers wil be greatly appreciated :)
Chris

Throttle
06-17-2005, 10:40 PM
life jackets sound like a good idea, and drysuits!

gqchris
06-17-2005, 10:45 PM
life jackets sound like a good idea, and drysuits!
I agree, I think ill be sticking with the Colorado River for next trip like usual! :p

IN2MX
06-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Its not very far, try and make your way up to Pine Flat Lake.....crystal clear water that is always flat...great for water skiing, wakeboarding,....Fun, family lake.....

MrsJetDriver
06-18-2005, 08:14 AM
RIver is still closed! Closed from RIverland all the way to reedley! Dont think you will be doing much floating!

Beer-30
06-18-2005, 08:22 AM
RIver is still closed! Closed from RIverland all the way to reedley! Dont think you will be doing much floating!
I was gonna add that Riverland in Kingsburg is much better, but I guess it is still closed.

Phat Matt
06-18-2005, 11:53 AM
I have family and friends going over the 4th. We decided to go to Havasu instead.
http://www.kellysbeach.com/

gqchris
06-19-2005, 12:31 AM
This is good news to know!!! I guess none of the other people in my party are aware of this. Looks like I will be the bearer of bad news :mad:

gqchris
06-19-2005, 12:34 AM
I have family and friends going over the 4th. We decided to go to Havasu instead.
http://www.kellysbeach.com/
Matt thanks for that website! I wish they had current conditions updated on that!! ARghhh

bigkatboat
06-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Camping + Kings River = Royal Oak. I hear that they have a 5MPH speed limit in front of the part now. Way back it was the place to 'tie up your hot boat'. Always smooth, always cold water, always a great party with low stress levels. They (park owners) would bug us back in the 70's for mufflers!

Jetdriver
06-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately Royal Oaks is still closed and might just be under water from the large amount of water released. :frown: It's such a bummer they closed it down, it was a great place to go. :frown:

MrsJetDriver
06-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Oops, posted under the hubbys name. :hammer2:

alfonzo
06-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I learned how to jetski there 18 years ago. i got it down real fast, that water is F'n freezing! :220v:

boater012
06-19-2005, 04:25 PM
:2purples: hey chris i just got off the phone with the guys at kellys beach and they said the river is wide open. they also stated that it was flowing good. the guy i talked to said you would have to launch yer boat at crickett hollow but that you can tie up on their shores for the night. look forward to seeing ya there sir, its gonna be a blast, beer, boats and cold water what more could a grown man ask for??? :eek: p.s. i hope your happy with way the boat turned out!!! a lot of work. :)