PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Is AMAZING

Not So Fast
06-18-2005, 12:39 PM
There are two regattas going on this weekend, Magic & HTM. The launch ramps are closed at 12:30 pm, well Windsor is and the Marina & Site 6 are backed out to the hwy so they will be full shortly. In our little jaunt down to lookie-loo we saw the same boats going around in circles looking for a place to launch. I am simply amazed that people drive the distances most do to put up with these crowds and what about the poor bastards that paid registration for the Regatta and can't get on the water :cry: Wouldn't be worth it to me,thats all I can say!! NSF

welk2party
06-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Those people will learn to get on the water early! :2purples:

ahhell
06-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Or.......launch 20 minutes up river......and have a beyoootiful trip thru the gorge, but dont tell anyone :idea:

Throttle
06-18-2005, 01:22 PM
I feel better about being at work now...

Kilrtoy
06-18-2005, 01:26 PM
That blows......

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-18-2005, 01:27 PM
We drove 15 minutes, the lake was EMPTY and are home in time for a nappy nap. :D

Badger301
06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Something tells me its going to be like that for the whole summer. It seems like something is going on out there every weekend. Sucks.

boatnam2
06-18-2005, 01:45 PM
well considering most boat mfgs are selling more boats then they can even make the last 5 years or so,not even counting gayliner and the rest non custom squadron plus potoons.water ways to use getting smaller and smaller i dont see any light at the end of the tunnel.damm glad i have my own dock and ramp!

Wake Havasu
06-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Licensing.
Then only those that love boating will do it.
With low interest rates any one with a job can buy a 25 foot 500 hp custom, a 48 pack of beer at hit Havasu.
It will thwart the PWC's as well.

HocusPocus
06-18-2005, 05:40 PM
i can't imagine going out on a big weekend.. just isn't worth the trouble to me. wonder it cattail cove is less crowded?

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Hmmmm..I didnt have any problem launching today...had to wait for one boat...didnt cost me anything either....
Last weekend when I WAS in Havasu tho I was amazed at the traffic, parking and such for just a regular weekend.....

Not So Fast
06-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Hmmmm..I didnt have any problem launching today...had to wait for one boat...didnt cost me anything either....
Last weekend when I WAS in Havasu tho I was amazed at the traffic, parking and such for just a regular weekend.....
Every Sat is like that now NB,and starting to be the same on Sunday. If I had to drive as far as most boaters do to put up with crowds like we have I would pass or at least find some where else to boat, you have to be really committed to spend that kind of cash on fuel to get here and then wait in long lines to hit the water if they dont close the ramps before you get in. It's crazy. I think we all envy you when you talk about the lakes around you, but then you probably get bored and lonely ~~~ NOT :cool: NSF

OutCole'd
06-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Launch lines, what are those?? :D
I agree, the lake is getting more & more crowded all the time though.

Debbolas
06-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Licensing.
With low interest rates any one with a job can buy a 25 foot 500 hp custom, a 48 pack of beer at hit Havasu.
:idea:
Do you mean individal licenses for each lake?
or
Boating licenses for each driver?
I'm confused, and speak (type) slowly I'm blonde ;)

JetBoatRich
06-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Good thing the Hallett Regatta is at Lake Mead :idea: or it would be even more fun :supp:

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Every Sat is like that now NB,and starting to be the same on Sunday. If I had to drive as far as most boaters do to put up with crowds like we have I would pass or at least find some where else to boat, you have to be really committed to spend that kind of cash on fuel to get here and then wait in long lines to hit the water if they dont close the ramps before you get in. It's crazy. I think we all envy you when you talk about the lakes around you, but then you probably get bored and lonely ~~~ NOT :cool: NSF
Bored??? Uh, no. The lakes out here are what ever you want. You want party go to Percy Priest, want pristine water and calm...Center Hill or Dale Hollow, all sorts inbetween. Lonely....I only wish. The wife and I are headed up today just the two of us..... thats as lonely as it gets;) Leave at 9 on the water, free, by 10/10:30 (depending if we stop for ice or fuel) ...... (I was going to underscrole this whole message but i think you got it in the PM;)) Have a good one..... :) :) :) :) :)

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 05:44 AM
Yesterday at the Riverbend Festival was the last day. Big concerts all day ending with a 30 minute fireworks show. I launched at 1PM on the river with my 7 yr old. Rode around for 3 hours and put the boat back on the trailer. Never waited in any lines or paid a dime to launch. On the other hand, had I locked through the dam I'd probably still be waiting :hammerhea .
But everything Nashville says about the lakes and not being crowded it true. I can't imagine towing my boat for 2 - 6 hours every weekend, waiting in the launch lines, dealing with ramp police, idiots, noise police, then beaching my boat to drink for a few hours and starting the whole process over again. You people really do love boating. :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 06:17 AM
http://www.mtrmls.com/Search/Scripts/MediaDisplay.asp?Uid=801940&MlsNum=673487&PropType=RES
No idea if this will work but here one is.....if it works click on the pics...should be able to search form there....

Not So Fast
06-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Bored??? Uh, no. The lakes out here are what ever you want. You want party go to Percy Priest, want pristine water and calm...Center Hill or Dale Hollow, all sorts inbetween. Lonely....I only wish. The wife and I are headed up today just the two of us..... thats as lonely as it gets;) Leave at 9 on the water, free, by 10/10:30 (depending if we stop for ice or fuel) ...... (I was going to underscrole this whole message but i think you got it in the PM;)) Have a good one..... :) :) :) :) :)
Ok-Ok we are jealous enough, dont rub it in :D :D :D NSF

shueman
06-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Licensing.
Gotta happen....

Not So Fast
06-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Launch lines, what are those?? :D
I agree, the lake is getting more & more crowded all the time though.
OK Bill, enough out of you and that dang long launch line at the Islander :cool: NSF

OutCole'd
06-19-2005, 08:13 AM
OK Bill, enough out of you and that dang long launch line at the Islander :cool: NSF
:D

j-fib
06-19-2005, 08:29 AM
I just got back from my first trip to nashville...... coming from L.A., you guys got it good, real good. Last sat i sat on the river in knoxville at this cool little bar. I was there for a about an hour and saw about five boats cruise by. I would have given anything to have my boat up there!

Not So Fast
06-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Licensing.
Dont think it would work, or do I like the license idea but mandantory safety classes with a yearly certificate for refresher courses would be of value, ESPECIALLY WOULD BE EFFECTIVE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT RENT PONTOONS AND PWC THAT ENDANGER US ALL, THEY WOULD HAVE TO PRODUCE A VALID CERTIFICATE OR NO GO :cool: The rentals, at least on Havasu are becoming a very big nuisance and VERY scary to be around, when I see them at the ramp I wont go near them as I have seen the results first hand and the rental company says it is not responsible, it is the renter which usually looks like, well you know already dont you?? What do you guys think?? :2purples: :2purples: NSF

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 09:19 AM
I just got back from my first trip to nashville...... coming from L.A., you guys got it good, real good. Last sat i sat on the river in knoxville at this cool little bar. I was there for a about an hour and saw about five boats cruise by. I would have given anything to have my boat up there!
Was it Calhouns? :cool:

j-fib
06-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Yes that place was fun, the girls out there are hot!

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I am free all the time...next time you come through, if its in our season, I will show you a day on the water... just send me a pm if your ever around again. Paradise for sure.

RiverOtter
06-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes that place was fun, the girls out there are hot!
I'm only 160 miles down stream from Calhouns. I've tied up there several times overnighting for the Vols games. Now that is SOME FUN :devil: :D