PDA

View Full Version : I need some recommendations as where to go?

mevale
06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
You see I been spending too much time at work and my entire spare time is spent trying to finish my boat projects prior to the river runs. Whit that in mind I been neglecting my wife of 15 yr. So this where I have taken her and I am in desperate need of some thing new.
- The Yard house in Long Beach
- The promenade in Santa Monica ( restaurants )
- Universal walk ( restaurants and movies )
- Old town Pasadena ( restaurants and clubs )
Thanks
Joe

Wally_Gator
06-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Catalina for the day...
Old town San Diego.
Go out to Julian for breakfast...

Wonderboy
06-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Take her to the Mission Inn in Riverside. Have dinner and stay the night there. Took mine there about a month ago and she loved it. That Duane's steak house they have there is really nice and the food is great, but it's kind of expensive.
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=mission+inn+in+riverside/v=2/SID=e/TID=F448_71/l=WS1/R=1/SS=96938240/IPC=us/SHE=0/H=0/;_ylt=AmEaRgNlVgeGYgmiy2U_yc9XNyoA/SIG=11el0e4hc/EXP=1119219211/*-http%3A//www.missioninn.com/

Mandelon
06-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Miramonte Hotel / Resort in Palm Springs. Poolside cabana......wink wink nudge nudge.....need I say more....
http://www.miramonteresort.com/images/home/splash.jpg
http://www.miramonteresort.com/

sea2lake
06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
alaska .lol

mevale
06-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys, those are some very good suggestions keep them coming.

piper
06-18-2005, 03:36 PM
even the Alaska one??? :confused:

essexjet
06-18-2005, 04:10 PM
I agree with Mandelon, you should check out Palm Springs area. I work out there and I think that the La Quinta Resort and Spa (http://www.laquintaresort.com/) is one of the nicest out there.

mevale
06-18-2005, 05:24 PM
even the Alaska one??? :confused:
I hope he means it in a good way. Like a cruise?
I could Spend the money enjoying it whit her or in alimony.
Joe

ahhell
06-18-2005, 05:29 PM
A couple nights in Avalon is great...go to the Blue Parrot and have a couple drinks...walk along the shore at dusk...go back to hotel and ride her like ...never mind :D
Catalina is close and fun
what does she like to do???

Tom Brown
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Take her boat shopping. Chicks love shopping.

mevale
06-18-2005, 05:47 PM
what does she like to do???[/QUOTE]
She just likes to be out of the house and not doing housework

mevale
06-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Take her boat shopping. Chicks love shopping.
I actually did try that and she gave me that look I am sure you know what I mean

piper
06-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I actually did try that and she gave me that look I am sure you know what I mean
Ha! Ha! Hey at least you tried.

NashvilleBound
06-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey slim..... take her to the Sunday Buffet at Lowes Coranado down by San Diego. I think its 10-2 every sunday. It will amaze her and then you can walk the grounds of Coranado Island.....Perfect for a little romantic deal. She'll be putty in your hands.... The buffet is about $35 a peice.....worth every penny.

Water Romper
06-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I think I have an answer…
Havasu/River/boating is great however when “Damage Control” is required…head north…yup…leave the boat at home and head for the mountains.
Seriously, here’s the plan…
Call the Northwood’s resort in Big Bear, make reservations. Bring folding chairs, wine, cheese, crackers, you know, the whole routine..
Head up, Friday, Saturday, what ever fits both your schedule and go up and chill.
No Sandbars, No Copper Canyons, No launch ramps, 112 degree weather, just pristine mountain air.
Walk down town, drink at the local “taverns” eat at the “Iron Squirrel” restaurant shoot pool at “Chad’s” and then, when the “Elevation of 8000” kicks in…
Head back to your room (remember, your walking because you’re staying at the Northwoods Resort) slip on the bathing suits, sneak down (it more fun this way) bring your “beverage of choice” and sit in the HOT TUB !!! Stars are so close you think you could reach up and grab one. It really is pretty cool..
Then, Sunday morning…if you have brain cells left, go to the Sunday AM brunch at Stillwell’s restaurant…REALLY GOOD….and it’s at the (you guessed it) Northwoods resort.
Of course, the following weekend, it’s HAV-A-SCREW…all over again!!!!!!!!!

Cs19
06-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Buy a schiada and go the the river.

mevale
06-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey slim..... take her to the Sunday Buffet at Lowes Coranado down by San Diego. I think its 10-2 every sunday. It will amaze her and then you can walk the grounds of Coranado Island.....Perfect for a little romantic deal. She'll be putty in your hands.... The buffet is about $35 a peice.....worth every penny.
Hey bud, I read your post and all can say is WOW what adventure.

mevale
06-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I think I have an answer…
Havasu/River/boating is great however when “Damage Control” is required…head north…yup…leave the boat at home and head for the mountains.
Seriously, here’s the plan…
Call the Northwood’s resort in Big Bear, make reservations. Bring folding chairs, wine, cheese, crackers, you know, the whole routine..
Head up, Friday, Saturday, what ever fits both your schedule and go up and chill.
No Sandbars, No Copper Canyons, No launch ramps, 112 degree weather, just pristine mountain air.
Walk down town, drink at the local “taverns” eat at the “Iron Squirrel” restaurant shoot pool at “Chad’s” and then, when the “Elevation of 8000” kicks in…
Head back to your room (remember, your walking because you’re staying at the Northwoods Resort) slip on the bathing suits, sneak down (it more fun this way) bring your “beverage of choice” and sit in the HOT TUB !!! Stars are so close you think you could reach up and grab one. It really is pretty cool..
Then, Sunday morning…if you have brain cells left, go to the Sunday AM brunch at Stillwell’s restaurant…REALLY GOOD….and it’s at the (you guessed it) Northwoods resort.
Of course, the following weekend, it’s HAV-A-SCREW…all over again!!!!!!!!!
Hey I like that it’s some thing different

mevale
06-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Buy a schiada and go the the river.
Hey that kind if thinking got me into this mess. You know I am really sick I hear all this good places to go and all I can think is Schiada!

Wake Havasu
06-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Drive up the coast and visit Santa Barbara or Solvang.
I live in La Quinta ( Palm Springs) and its getting hot!

NashvilleBound
06-19-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey bud, I read your post and all can say is WOW what adventure.
Ya, 'pretty much' sums it up. You could always plan a trip to TN.....I could set up a weekend for the two of you she, and you, would never forget.

a catered life
06-19-2005, 06:03 AM
ok hows the budget looking? if you want something that she will always remember and make you look like a king for the remainder of the year.........first book her a evening at a nice local day spa. friday would be great.........get her the full body massage, sugar scrub, pedicure and manicure after she does the massage they generally take she into a private room thats when you come in with champange and flowers and a card that says i love you something simple.......next you sit there and talk to her about things she is instrested in about 1 hour after that you take her to a nice dinner at home that you already have planned out.........the next day wake up early drive up the coast to santa barbara or monterry or pismo beach and spend the day with her as she shops til she drops.get a one night stay at a local hotel bang your brains out and come home sunday mid-morning :idea: try it.i guess since i cater for a living i might know a lil about this stuff :D but remember what ever you do make sure its for her

Mandelon
06-19-2005, 09:53 AM
2 day cruise to Ensenada Mexico???