PDA

View Full Version : Freakin stranded.

hoolign
06-18-2005, 05:05 PM
We have had so much rain in the past two days, the rivers are swollen, all the roads into where we are right now are washed out. The only was out of here is by helicopter. A river I walked across last week has risen 8 feet .it's pretty wild .
We had two crews headed to the rig, the first crew was about 10 minutes ahead. When the second crew came to a junction, a landslide had taken out the road. They missed getting washed over the bank by only a few minutes. Pretty bizarre not being able to go anywhere. Were shut down and I cant even go for beer :D

Kim Hanson
06-18-2005, 05:10 PM
We have had so much rain in the past two days, the rivers are swollen, all the roads into where we are right now are washed out. The only was out of here is by helicopter. A river I walked across last week has risen 8 feet .it's pretty wild .
We had two crews headed to the rig, the first crew was about 10 minutes ahead. When the second crew came to a junction, a landslide had taken out the road. They missed getting washed over the bank by only a few minutes. Pretty bizarre not being able to go anywhere. Were shut down and I cant even go for beer :D
Its not that bad here, but it sure is soaked...no work for sometime now. looks like Bench Racers is going to get work out :D ........( . )( . )....As soon as someone gets in there :D

hoolign
06-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Its not that bad here, but it sure is soaked...no work for sometime now. looks like Bench Racers is going to get work out :D ........( . )( . )....As soon as someone gets in there :D
its phucked, cant get diesel, water, or grub in..evrything came to a screaching hault!..and in sour erp to boot frickin rain!!
:notam:

piper
06-18-2005, 05:22 PM
So are you stuck at work?

Kilrtoy
06-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Atleast you have ***boat.....

Tom Brown
06-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Melville got 4" in 60 minutes. It rained like a mo-fo here too.
I just got back from the store with supplies: honey mustard and chicken strips. :cool:
God help us if you fockers dry out.

Kim Hanson
06-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Melville got 4" in 60 minutes. It rained like a mo-fo here too.
I just got back from the store with supplies: honey mustard and chicken strips. :cool:
God help us if you fockers dry out.
:D :D That killed me Tommy.......( . )( . )..........

Debbolas
06-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Wow, no beer?!?! :cry:

canuck1
06-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Hooli
welcome to the same sh it we have had for the last two weeks. Now Calgary is under a state of emergency. the river shack had water up to the door handles last week and it sits 4 feet off the ground and it was just under the eaves as of an hour ago. Downtown here is flooded.......I hate the fu ckin rain

hoolign
06-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Hooli
welcome to the same sh it we have had for the last two weeks. Now Calgary is under a state of emergency. the river shack had water up to the door handles last week and it sits 4 feet off the ground and it was just under the eaves as of an hour ago. Downtown here is flooded.......I hate the fu ckin rain
Well at least it'll keep the dust down :D I'm not that far from you actually. it's ben raining steady here for that long too, it just picked up the pace in the past 2 days...Whew!...there's rum at the lodge! I'm saved :D :D One river is cruisin so hard you can hear it moving the rocks. I just came back from one of the rigs and they had a hill slide down behind them, trees and mud up against the shacks. While I was there 3 trees came down with about 80 feet of the hill. Pretty cool when mother nature gets a bit cranky!

Kim Hanson
06-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Hooli
Sorry to hear Canucky, I im with you on this fu cking rain has to stop! Im just going nuts sitting on the puter for days on end......( . )( . )......What can you do when its pouring outside? Drink .... :idea:

Kim Hanson
06-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Well at least it'll keep the dust down :D I'm not that far from you actually. it's ben raining steady here for that long too, it just picked up the pace in the past 2 days...Whew!...there's rum at the lodge! I'm saved :D :D One river is cruisin so hard you can hear it moving the rocks. I just came back from one of the rigs and they had a hill slide down behind them, trees and mud up against the shacks. While I was there 3 trees came down with about 80 feet of the hill. Pretty cool when mother nature gets a bit cranky!
Go kick the biatch in the junk, we want warm sunny weather and you are in the mountains right? Jump really high and give it to her :D .....( . )( . )......Now we will hear of a guy surfing through Banff at a high speed on a log :D