PDA

View Full Version : Main fuse??

jrork
06-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Just curious but what does everyone run (or do you?) for a fuse/breaker coming off the battery.
I have fusing under the dash for all the bits and pieces but the line that runs from the battery to the starter and then up under that dash is not fused. While I admit the chances are slim of something happening, I'd just prefer to have some protection there as well.
Should I worry or shouldn't I???
Take care and happy Dad's day

malcolm
06-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey John,
Mine has a 50 amp breaker over the bellhousing for the main Bat wire, but nothing else. I added a couple fuses under the dash, but it could use some more.

jrork
06-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks Malcolm.
After my meltdown last year when I found that there wasn't a single fuse in this P.O.S. I installed a fuse panel under the dash. What has always bothered me though is no protection from the battery to the dash.
Just didn't know how big but a 50amp should be plenty stout.
Thanks again......
Are you headed out to the river today?

malcolm
06-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I'm out hooking up to the trailer right now.
(but you didn't want to know that did you?) ;)

jrork
06-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Nope. :D
Have fun and be safe

76ANTHONY
06-19-2005, 10:20 AM
I ALSO HAVE A 50 AMP BREAKER AT THE BELLHOUSING ON MY WIRING BLOCK, WELL BELOW IT. IT WORKS BECAUSE I JUST FOUND OUT ALL MY WIRING TO THE IGN SWITCH WHERE LOOSE AND IT SET THE BREAKER. THANK GOD I WASENT ON THE WATER I'D HAVE FLIPPED OUT. :eek:

SB
06-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I have a big breaker on the transom under the top lip. Just put a brand new one in to start this season and it was bad. Among other things it keeps the starter from running if things get wet.