PDA

View Full Version : Hey you western WA guys!

malcolm
06-19-2005, 11:36 AM
My new tow rig is ready to go! Who's up for the Snohomish river?
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/newtowrig.jpg
Hopefully I'll have some more pics tonight.

malcolm
06-19-2005, 08:48 PM
You guys should've come, but we had fun anyway! :p

jrork
06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Damn, nice tow rig Malcolm. How's it pull the boat?
My day was pretty productive. Hooked up the boat to 12 volts and checked for voltage where it was supposed to be and checked to make sure it wasn't where it wasn't supposed to be. Everything worked great except for my bilge pump switch. Gonna have to get a new one.
Only real bummer is that my shifter cable became sticky over the winter. While I was trying to free it up it decided that it wanted be a 2-peice cable......Nuts.
Gonna have to give Rex a call tomorrow morning........

malcolm
06-19-2005, 09:10 PM
It really surprised me how well it handled it! I hope we have as trouble free a time going over the pass next week as we had today. It's a V-8 Explorer, so it has enough power and the four wheel disc brakes seem to stop it really well too. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.
I liked my new cable today. It shifted very smooth compared to last year. Made me start thinking about my steering cable. :rolleyes:

jrork
06-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a perfect tow rig.
Hey if I don't talk to you before hand, have a great time over on the other side and tip one back for me......

malcolm
06-19-2005, 09:31 PM
WILL DO. :D

Zeug
06-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Looks nice Malcolm. :cool:

1978 Rogers
06-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Nice rig. Another SUV pulling the boat over the pass. Cool. You might beat us to Moses Lake. Mine has a V6, 45-50 over the pass. :sleeping: Oh well.

Captain no fun
06-21-2005, 06:20 PM
That is a good looking Exporer. Nice job. I'll have new parts in early next week. I need my wife to show me how to download some pictures. I'm bummed that I can't do Moses. I should make it run by the 4th. What is everyone doing on that weekend? We should at least do a small get together on the river or something. Chris hasn't been on the river at all, and it's right in our back yard. It's always glass, and has some great beaches.

malcolm
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Yup, that's what I keep telling him! I think he's scared. :D
That's where we shot this.
http://www.jetboatsnmore.com/movie/snoho1.wmv

jrork
06-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Damn. That looks nice. Probably scared those folks in the canoe half to death.

malcolm
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Those damn canoes were really getting on my nerves! Could you tell? :D Every time I jumped in the boat there was another one! They should stay farther upstream where I can't go. ;)

malcolm
06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Can anyone read this? Just goofin off!

77468sleekcraft
06-22-2005, 06:37 AM
OK-OK-OK-OK- SO WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DO THIS......... :jawdrop:

malcolm
06-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Whenever you're ready Chris. :D
Moses is this week, so anytime after that.

1978 Rogers
06-22-2005, 07:01 AM
I have short times syndrome, I'm ready to leave now. The last day of work sucks before you go on vacation. :)

malcolm
06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
So, you're going over tomorrow afternoon? I'm hoping for Fri afternoon. :)

1978 Rogers
06-23-2005, 06:08 AM
So, you're going over tomorrow afternoon? I'm hoping for Fri afternoon. :)
HOPING, you mean you could show up Saturday? :cry:

malcolm
06-23-2005, 07:22 AM
We had a big job in the shop that was supposed to be done this week, but looks like there's no way that's gonna happen. I just want to check all the levels in my Explorer tomorrow and make sure she's good for such a long trip. We'll probably head out in the early afternoon.

1978 Rogers
06-23-2005, 08:13 AM
LONG trip. Its only Moses Lake. You should be there in 3 hours with that big V-8 power.

malcolm
06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
I don't know, I think it's more like 4 hours and some change. :D
But I'll see what I can do! ;)

Captain no fun
07-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Another allnighter has come and gone. I got my shortblock assembled, cam degreed, pan on, and the shortblock installed last night. I'm having miserable luck mechanically lately. I was changing the wheels on my Tahoe and decided to check the brakes last weekend, and the rear brakes were totally saturated with gear lube. I guess the seals failed, I called Randy's Ring and Pinion, cuz they recently did a posi in it, they said bring it up. So they replaced the brakes/ seals on warranty. That was a nice suprise, and it also explains why the front brakes got so hot towing the boat. (The few times I have this year) I just viewed the river run on malcolm. That was great, was that the snohomish train bridge in the background? I should have a head this Tue. so there's no reason I should'nt run next weekend. Chris, I haven't located a clearance light for your trailer yet, but will find it this week, I'll get a couple. We just got a brochure from Mardon's resort @ potholes, it's private, and the beaches look good. Has anyone been there? Also, is anyone interestsd in a rip over for a warm weekend soon? I've got some friends that are ready. I'm the dragger this year, so as soon as I'm worked out they'll join up too. Be Safe

malcolm
07-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Yup, that's the Snohomish train bridge. We were beaching at a little muddy spot upstream of the big corner.
Tuesday, that figures! Sounds like me and my cable that didn't show up till after the weekend. :D

Captain no fun
07-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Yhea, I think the parts suppliers have a conspiracy against all of us on long weekends. I have a set of oval port heads with Manley springs/ S.S. valves, but my tunnel ram is rectangle port. I was going to throw them on yesterday, but it would cost me another hundred in gaskets, and another day later changing heads, so for the greed part, I said no. I stopped off and caught up with Jeff with the red Jetster/Small block yesterday morning. He's had the same luck I have had with his new 406 Dart heads. He milked his oil first time out, so his first day out was the day before yesterday on Lk. Stevens. He bought a GPS, so now we can't lie about our speed! Big fat was out yesterday with his midget, Jeff was on the river, I wasn't. They all launch @ lowell. Malcolm, you were just pulling out when Big Fat was launching the other day, his boat has the big block ford blue with yellow deck, he tows with a 4WD V-8 S-10. He's a tall thin guy, with a brunette girl and Cooper the dog.

malcolm
07-04-2005, 07:50 AM
OK, I think I know who you're talking about. We'll prob'ly be making our way down there around noon today. Hope to see a few boats out there.