PDA

View Full Version : Another Rice Rd Accident

shadow
06-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Coming home to Havasu this evening saw the flashing lights and cones.
Don't know any details but there was a small or mid sized gray car looked like it was headed south and crossed and rolled over on the north side off the rd.
Besides that accident (hope everyone is ok) there could have been several more with all the idiots in a rush and passing into on coming traffic.I usually avoid that way and take one of several other routes. It just takes driving that way once in awhile to remind me why.

boxscore
06-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm really enjoying the ride thru Erinburg these days. It's actually kinda relaxing and nice way to start and end the weekend. Way to MANIC on Rice Rd. Whats the big rush?

shadow
06-19-2005, 08:28 PM
I've been taking Erinburg more lately and it's definately low stress and everyone doesn't seem to be in such a rush.

TOBTEK
06-19-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm really enjoying the ride thru Erinburg these days. It's actually kinda relaxing and nice way to start and end the weekend. Way to MANIC on Rice Rd. Whats the big rush?
Whats the Erinburg route? I came threw Rice road at about 2 oclock today...what time did this happen? The idots on rice allways scare me, watched a few physo's going HEAD ON today :confused: ...just not worth saving a few minutes to end someones/families lives!

boxscore
06-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Whats the Erinburg route? I came threw Rice road at about 2 oclock today...what time did this happen? The idots on rice allways scare me, watched a few physo's going HEAD ON today :confused: ...just not worth saving a few minutes to end someones/families lives!
I-10 to Blythe, cross the river, exit at Erinburg, North to Parker on AZ side of river. It can't be more than 10-20 mins slower than Rice Rd to Parker. It's a nice drive thru alfalfa fields and other agriculture, road has a nice shoulder, no turns, no hills.

TOBTEK
06-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I-10 to Blythe, cross the river, exit at Erinburg, North to Parker on AZ side of river. It can't be more than 10-20 mins slower than Rice Rd to Parker. It's a nice drive thru alfalfa fields and other agriculture, road has a nice shoulder, no turns, no hills.
cool, so you dont have to go all the way on the 10 to the 95 north to parker. didnt know this. Gonna have to break out a map. is there whoops like on rice? IF NOT, my wife will be very happy.

boxscore
06-19-2005, 08:56 PM
cool, so you dont have to go all the way on the 10 to the 95 north to parker. didnt know this. Gonna have to break out a map. is there whoops like on rice? IF NOT, my wife will be very happy. You actually go across the river at blythe while on the 10, then North to parker. Absolutely no whoops.

Excessive Force
06-19-2005, 09:13 PM
sorry to ask a dum question, but does rice road go by another name?

boxscore
06-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Hmph, I dunno. I'm sure it's got some sorta #.

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
06-19-2005, 09:36 PM
must of been some peoples hurrying back to make some tacos ;)

Wake Havasu
06-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Parker to Vidal Junction and its the 62 which is Rice leading to Desert Center.
Its really,really bad.
I always use Ehrenberg route through the C.R.I.T farming areas.

ColeTR1
06-19-2005, 09:49 PM
I tryed to go 177 desert center and the CHP had the road closed. Helacopter had landed, the accident was about two miles past the 62 turn off to go to twenty nine palms. Looked bad :confused:
Highway 62 & 177

shadow
06-20-2005, 05:56 AM
I tryed to go 177 desert center and the CHP had the road closed. Helacopter had landed, the accident was about two miles past the 62 turn off to go to twenty nine palms. Looked bad :confused:
Highway 62 & 177
I went by about 6:45 headed towards Havasu and all the emergency personel and police where already there.I probablly just made it through before they closed the rd.They probablly closed it for the heliocopter.Hopefully everyone made it out alive.

BROADMINDED
06-20-2005, 06:07 AM
I Have Been Going Thru Erinburg For About 15 Years Now. There Is A Nice Big Shoulder On The Side To Pull Over If Anything Goes Wrong. And If Any Of You Who Go That Way Have Noticed That It Is A Cooler (temp.) Drive. I Think With All Of The Vegitation It Cools It Down A Lil. And When You See The The 35 Mph. Signs. Do The Speed Limit. Trust Me.

goneboatin
06-20-2005, 06:53 AM
I came thru Rice Road to Desert Center yesterday afternoon between 2:30 to 3:30. Must have happened after I came thru. Hope everyone is ok.

riverbound
06-20-2005, 07:00 AM
During the winter I go through Desert center. but in the summer I go through The farm land.
To all those who are considering going through the farm land DO THE SPEED LIMIT !!!! I got pulled over once at 2am for doing 37 in the 35. I think they just wanted to see if I was drinking, I had the wife and kids asleep in the car so he just let me go.

Parker Dreamin
06-20-2005, 07:34 AM
I hope everybody is okay !!!!

SummitKarl
06-20-2005, 08:00 AM
as a cop once told a friend of mine "whats the hurry the lake ain't going anywhere", I have seen some STUPID and GNARLY!!! stuff on Rice Road = motorhome race's every Friday night. everyone should just relax it aint worth the diff of getting here at 11:30 vs. 11:35

Excessive Force
06-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Highway 62 & 177
Thats what i thought. thanks

riverroyal
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
i think it adds 10 miles, or close to that,we stopped desert center awhile back,I never tow on desert center,you know where the chevy dealer is in parker?,the road drops you out near there,I will give you a map stop by.

ADDICTED
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
The only about going through Blythe is the Butterflys. They will make a nice mess. Never tow on Rice only go Blythe.

Cole Trickle
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
I made my first trip through Ehrenberg late last season and will not be taking Desert Center again.(We typically come into town late friday)
We measured the distance and it is 6 miles longer than going through dessert center.
On a side note my Dad got pulled over at 5:00pm on friday in his white H2 for doing 38 in the 35.(They were nice enough to let him go with a warning) :hammerhea
Brandin