PDA

View Full Version : 3 Day Cruise Recomendations?:

Flying Tiger
04-30-2006, 07:03 PM
The Squeeze and I have four days coming up in June with no kids.
We want to take a 3 day cruise, either Royal Carrib or Carnival outta So Cal.
Any recomendations?

boatnam2
04-30-2006, 07:21 PM
pretty much the same deal they even follow each other down.my buudy has done both and likes rc better.try and get my money back on the crap table!

a catered life
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
we have done both and i felt the rc was more for couples and a bit more romantic and carnival was a younger crowd and a little more party.....just take the one with the best price and enjoy

Rocket-J
04-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Same opinion.
Carnival has way more kids running up and down the ship. RC has more adults. Al

Familycat
05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
We, (me, wife, and two boys) did the three nighter to Ensanada last spring and had a blast. Beware, our bar tab was more than the cruise. Too much fun. If you have the time you might want to do the 4 nighter that stops at Catalina.
Rick

bubbletop409
05-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I guess if you have never been on a cruise, the Catalina, Ensenada trip would be OK, but after several cruises in the Carribbean on Royal Carribbean , the Ensenada cruise on Carnival was a real disapointment. The accommodations were sparse, the food mediocore, and the lack of child control intolerable, not to mention the fact that Ensenada is nothing more than Tiajuana with an ocean, what a dump, no wonder all the mexicans want to come north. Do yourself a favor and save your bucks till you can afford to go to a more desireable destination.

TJRiver
05-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Just got back from a R/C trip over Easter weekend. Beautiful boat, great food, but you do need to watch that bar tab!!! I heard Carnival had bigger cabins, but we really only used the cabin to sleep & shower. Lots of fun for the bux!

HocusPocus
05-01-2006, 12:16 PM
we have taken 3 trips on Royal Carribbean.. we always have a good time and the staff was always great.

phebus
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm leaving today on a RC four day Mexico cruise. I will let you know how it went when I return.

Brooski
05-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Royal Caribbean. Ive done both, and enjoyed RC more. Better food, midnite buffet instead of just pizza, better drinks and bartenders. RC is one step above Carnival.

alfonzo
05-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I went on Carnival with a bachlor party. Had a flippin blast. the minute you walk on the boat its go time, drinks didnt stop till we got off. I shared a room with a buddy of mine and our bar tab was just over a grand. we had brought 2 bottles of goose with us as well. I think whatever ship you deside its going to be a blast. good luck and have fun.

Flying Tiger
05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the tips,,
Looks like RC takes the nod.
Be back with pix.

BobbyB
05-01-2006, 10:17 PM
is what we did for my buddy's bach party. Had a blast. Don't know if I would take the kids; perfect to blow off steam. Ditto on the bar tab thing. You don't think about it when you hand them your room key card, the bill adds up fast. Bought a Luche Libre mask in town, too.

AltarGirl
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I've done the Catalina & Ensenada twice & had a really great time. My vacations are all about laying on the deck w/a drink & eating at the midnight buffet, & I was able to do both! :)
I also did the Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, & Puerto Vallarta & that was pretty great too.
As long as your w/people you like, you'll have fun regardless :cool:

Flying Tiger
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Anyone know why the 4 nite cruise is cheaper than the three nite?

Mrs. 4-B
05-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm leaving today on a RC four day Mexico cruise. I will let you know how it went when I return.
Rick - Your bartab alone will probably triple the cost of your cruise! j/k :p