PDA

View Full Version : Three Blade or Four

Havasudan
04-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Looking to Replace my Mirage 23, 3 Blade Prop.
My boat is a Sleekcraft 23 W/ 7.4L with Bravo outdive.
I'll get the damaged one rebuilt but I would like a new replacement.
I think the four blade would inhance performance but I want what is best for my set up.
I'd appreciate your insight.

Outnumbered
04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
How does the boat run with the 3 blade? Generally, the 4 blade will run a little slower top-end but pull a better hole-shot. The 4-blade will create more stearn lift which should help you plane at a slower speed. You have to look at what you do and don't like about your current set up to see if you should change pitch or blade count. I would try to borrow one before you buy. E-bay also has some great prop deals if you are sure to check the seller's feedback and find a new or slightly used prop.

77charger
04-30-2006, 07:59 PM
not same boat but i have a 21 eliminator,I have a 3 blade 21p and a 4 blade rev4 21p
the 3 blade pulls maybe 1 mph more top speed vs the rev4 but at cruising the rev 4 does then same job at a lower rpm.Out of the hole my 3 blade does better but then again when you go to a 4 blade you need to go down one size if i had a19p 4 blade the holeshot would be better
I bought he 4 blade as a spare prop but since then decided to use as a main prop.