PDA

View Full Version : HTM Photos

uncle larry
06-20-2005, 03:32 PM
HTM Photos (http://www.jokerswildpromotions.com/photos.php)

essexjet
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Holy crap :2purples:
http://www.jtinc.com/HTM_05/Run%201/images/HTM05_RS_075.jpg

Magic34
06-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Holy crap is right.
http://www.jtinc.com/HTM_05/Run%201/images/HTM05_RS_003.jpg

CornWater
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
looking through these photos gives some credibility to those that believe they are truly unsafe.. does not look like fun to me.. :confused:

ChumpChange
06-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Those boats are ALL over the place!!!

Goodtime$
06-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Everyone has an opinion....being a spectator all saturday due to a 3hr tow in i have some observations.
i saw a SR make a 100mph turn through topock and handle perfect, i would crashed, chopped throttle and been thrown on the beach and land with a skirt and bikini top on...
also while being towed in i saw a SS run through the middle of the lake at over 100 in some solid rollers nice and flat...i guess i saw different...that picture does look cool though..goodtimes 3 wheel motion

Phat Matt
06-20-2005, 04:08 PM
http://www.jtinc.com/HTM_05/Run%201/images/HTM05_RS_034.jpg
This must not think highly of the boat. He's wiping his ass on the seat. :jawdrop:
http://www.jtinc.com/HTM_05/Run%201/images/HTM05_RS_048.jpg
http://www.jtinc.com/HTM_05/Run%201/images/HTM05_RS_111.jpg

Kilrtoy
06-20-2005, 04:17 PM
I guess I missed it ..
What pic or are you being sarcastic

LAVEYSABRE575
06-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Whats Up With That Dude cleaning His Ass..

Kilrtoy
06-20-2005, 05:18 PM
And this boat is like this why??????????????
http://www.jtinc.com/HTM_05/Run%201/images/HTM05_RS_111.jpg

prosthogod
06-21-2005, 11:57 AM
You guys are very quick to jugde. I drove my SR through all that. It was rough out there Sat. morning. People are excited to have a helcopter shot. You trim up a little and jump a roller. I can tell you that the red sl30 was doing 85mph all day in that junk. Look in the mirror before you speak.

Deano
06-21-2005, 12:02 PM
i saw a SR make a 100mph turn through topock and handle perfect, i would crashed, chopped throttle and been thrown on the beach and land with a skirt and bikini top on...
nothin like being safe :hammerhea

Speedin' Ian
06-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I got to agree with prosthogod on this one, people just love to bag on HTM. Tear me loose in any 26' Cat on a rough day at Havasu and I am sure I can duplicate those photos, well maybe not because I've never driven one :rollside: , but I am sure there are plenty od DCB's and Eliminators that have that same attitude after launching off a 2-3' roller.

RiverDave
06-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I got to agree with prosthogod on this one, people just love to bag on HTM. Tear me loose in any 26' Cat on a rough day at Havasu and I am sure I can duplicate those photos, well maybe not because I've never driven one :rollside: , but I am sure there are plenty od DCB's and Eliminators that have that same attitude after launching off a 2-3' roller.
I guess you coudl go through the Eliminator and DCB photo galleries (on the same website) and see?
It's not my place to say anything on the subject one way or the other anymore..
RD

jackpunx
06-21-2005, 12:14 PM
I can say with confidence.. and any HTM owner will tell you the same..
these boats are DRIVERS boats.. they require seat time and tend to be a little on the finiky side..
but once you get to know the characteristics of this boat.. I understand they handle pretty good and have a very efficient hull..

jackpunx
06-21-2005, 12:15 PM
I guess you coudl go through the Eliminator and DCB photo galleries (on the same website) and see?
It's not my place to say anything on the subject one way or the other anymore..
RD
why not Dave?

RiverDave
06-21-2005, 12:16 PM
why not Dave?
Becuase it's my intentions to one day sell billet products to HTM.
RD

Magic34
You guys are very quick to jugde. I drove my SR through all that. It was rough out there Sat. morning. People are excited to have a helcopter shot. You trim up a little and jump a roller. I can tell you that the red sl30 was doing 85mph all day in that junk. Look in the mirror before you speak.
I wasn't trying to judge the boat. I have been 136 MPH in a 24 HTM, and it felt safe as it could be. I like the boats. The driver is a good friend of mine and I trust his jusdgement driving a boat at that speed better than my own.
The picture that I posted was one with the boat on 1 sponson with the other up in the air. No problem with airing it out, personally, I would have to change my shorts.

BADBLOWN572
:( :eat: :eek: :2purples: :argue: :crossx: :skull: :cry: :yuk:

jackpunx
06-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Becuase it's my intentions to one day sell billet products to HTM.
RD
well there ya go.. lol

Nord
06-21-2005, 12:17 PM
nice pics,

jackpunx
06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
nice pics,
Nord.. was that you driving that HTM on one sponson?..lol

Speedin' Ian
06-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Upon further review they may be on to something :hammerhea .

unleashed
06-21-2005, 01:09 PM
What happened to the photo of that guy getting 10 feet of air??? Did it upset someone?? These boats definitly require seat time. I have seen how squirley some of the newbies get in these. I definitly would not take the family out in one of these until i learned how to drive em...they do look pretty effiecient though with an experienced driver..most of the time.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

essexjet
06-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Pictures were taken down off of the web site.

jackpunx
06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
What happened to the photo of that guy getting 10 feet of air??? Did it upset someone?? These boats definitly require seat time. I have seen how squirley some of the newbies get in these. I definitly would not take the family out in one of these until i learned how to drive em...they do look pretty effiecient though with an experienced driver..most of the time.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
Well said there PIMP!!

prosthogod
06-21-2005, 01:45 PM
If I new how I would post the picture from this years regatta with my wife getting the "Hottest Mom" award. Now that a thread starter.

Kilrtoy
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Ok I am here to disagree.
I hit some two footers or so and from all the witnesses, the boat stayed flat came out of the water flat and landed just slightly tail first..... From the drivers seat the only reason you knew you were out of the water is because the props/motors spun up... So I have to disagree......
P.S. I was running at 100MPH....

Kilrtoy
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Well I ran it as I was told at 55MPH and here is my pic
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111123.jpg

Bad Puddy Tat
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
And this boat is like this why??????????????
Kilrtoy,
Man you guy's are tough on us HTM owners. If you take a careful look at the sequence of the pictures you will notice this was the first picture. The person driving was just getting on to plane. Look at the pictures following this initial shot. Notice how the boat is riding. Nice and flat. The water was extremely rough that day and like your regatta we were told not to exceed 60MPh for the photo shoot. It just happens that people need an excuse for some reason to rag about HTM boats. Take a look at the other boat that was supposedly in the air..... Notice the wake behind the boat the driver had just started to lay over and was also turning at the time when he started.
I certainly don't mind a little friendly bashing and competion. But let's just not make up BS for the sake of bashing a certain brand of boat. Just my 2 cents
Respectfully, Bob

Kilrtoy
06-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Bob dont know if I buy the planing theroy, Way too much boat out of the water.... i have ridden in a few HTM with Ken when he was alive and they did ride nice, albeit, I have been in a few that scared me... I think that goes back to being a drivers boat and you really need to know whats up.....
Hell I almost bought one, ken had me sold, but that came to an unforunate end...

Phat Matt
06-21-2005, 06:35 PM
C'mon man, this is Hot Boat...they have a magazine...nobody is quick to judge. :rolleyes:
:D

TCHB
06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
All boats can get out of control. I had a good friend that went over in a Eliminator 25 on the parker strip. He caught an edge up by echo and went over very quick.

mike37
06-21-2005, 07:51 PM
you all need to remember that the HTM SR and SS are 24foot boats
and you keep comparing them to 26foot and up boats
and Ive bin in a DCB Mach26 that got some good air so get over all the finger pointing

XtrmWakeborder
06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
:( :eat: :eek: :2purples: :argue: :crossx: :skull: :cry: :yuk:
I was waiting for you.. haha your all over the htm threads. I can't wait to see ur boat on the water this summer.

BADBLOWN572
06-21-2005, 08:59 PM
I am staying out of this debate. My opinions on HTM are rather well documented. :rolleyes:

Bad Puddy Tat
06-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Kilrtoy,
Well I was there with my boat and watched most of the photo shoots since I was kind of in the back of the pack. I can tell you that this was the case in the photo that you were referring to. I do agree with you that they are a drivers boat. I also will say that I stood mine up fairly high also when taking off. Most of us will because most of them are built with alot of HP. I have learned the hard way that with about 1000HP if you don't baby it coming out of the hole that weak link is going to break. Thus with 6 people in mine at the regatta and coming on plane pretty slowly alot of my boat was out of the water also for quite awhile. In addition look at the sequence numbering of the photo's the helicoptor was shooting from start of take off to the end of the cove.
Not trying to be argumentitive just seemed that there was a bit of bashing starting again which seems to be par for the course when it comes to HTM posts.

Kilrtoy
06-21-2005, 09:08 PM
I have seen you run and yes your boat runs hard and looks bad ass.....
I still think way too much is out of the water on the tail end....
Either way, they got alot of good running shots of alot of sick painted boats...

Bad Puddy Tat
06-21-2005, 09:12 PM
I guess from a gel point of view mine is kind of a plane jane. Some of the new colors are beyond me. Thanks for the compliment it does ok for a stock 350 :D :D

Kilrtoy
06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
I guess from a gel point of view mine is kind of a plane jane. Some of the new colors are beyond me. Thanks for the compliment it does ok for a stock 350 :D :D
Yeah and im running twin merc 25HP's.....with plastic 2 blade props

Bad Puddy Tat
06-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Damn from the looks of your pictures I could have sworn they were aluminum 3 blades :rollside: