PDA

View Full Version : Charley give us the scoop!!

WetWillie
04-30-2006, 08:06 PM
How is the new boat. How does it handle and run. Do you like those motors???

Ivan Dan
04-30-2006, 09:37 PM
How is the new boat. How does it handle and run. Do you like those motors???
Looks like he had some issues with the motors.....RE: The motor issue I will fill you guys in tomorrow morning after I get the official word on how it's being handled... I promise :D

BoatFloating
05-01-2006, 05:59 AM
I saw him going through the channel on Friday and his boat looked good. He had his head set on I guess going thru the channel you need to have the com system ready for the high sppeds.. :)

Sandbar Mike
05-01-2006, 06:51 AM
:) I saw him going through the channel on Friday and his boat looked good. He had his head set on I guess going thru the channel you need to have the com system ready for the high sppeds.. :)
:) That was funny
LoL Charles

UnionJack
05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
I saw him going through the channel on Friday and his boat looked good. He had his head set on I guess going thru the channel you need to have the com system ready for the high sppeds.. :)
I saw the same thing.... And he was the only one wearing them :cool:

Charley
05-01-2006, 08:58 AM
I was listening to my ipod u fa99s

Charley
05-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Boat is/was phenominal.... best I saw was 119mph with 3 in the boat 1/2 tanks of gas and not what I would call perfect "speed" water..... It planes very nice, more level than the 29, turns very well, no porpoise and seems to eat the big stuff up better than the 29. The boat has a different feel than the 29 in that it has a transition(bubble) around 70mph and is more responsive to trim. The carbon Layup made a big difference, the deck felt it looked very stiff as we hit the big stuff. Obviously we had some "Illmor" issues and I will be starting another thread about that shortly. Love the headsets, talking with my 6 year old at 70mph was cool :D and the aux in for the IPOD ;) All in all...2 big thumbs up, worth the wait :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38IMG_0476.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38IMG_0478.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38IMG_0479.JPG

MR HARLEY
05-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Beautiful boat Charley, good to see you out this weekend :cool:
sorry about your motor issues :mad:

Dave C
05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
beautiful...... uhmm, err, uh.. I mean for a DCB that is ;) ;) :D

UnionJack
05-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I was listening to my ipod u fa99s
Just having some fun....

Charley
05-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Just having some fun....
me too man... I know your not a fa99 (there is an eliminator joke here but I will refrain :D )
Sorry I couldn't make it back to you saturday for that run.... obviously 1 motor isn't ideal for a test drive ;)

UnionJack
05-01-2006, 10:58 AM
ilmor will take care of you

alfonzo
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I saw the same thing.... And he was the only one wearing them :cool:Woodchuck to greysquirl...woodchuck to greysquirl..come in greysquirl....

OutCole'd
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Woodchuck to greysquirl...woodchuck to greysquirl..come in greysquirl....
More like Maverick to goose

Havasu Cig
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Looks good Charley, sorry to hear about the motor issues. On the subject of headsets, it is hard to get used to how quiet it is at 115 mph for me. :cool:

BoatFloating
05-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Looks good Charley, sorry to hear about the motor issues. On the subject of headsets, it is hard to get used to how quiet it is at 115 mph for me. :cool:
Chris, was that you running by the Sandbar Sat???? Very nice I looking I must say...

TwinMach26DCB
05-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Charley -- What can I say that hasn't been said... Flat BEAUTIFUL...
Cig -- Great meeting you and Jody -- The offer stands -- Would love to take you out in Santa Cruz on your next visit..

Blingette
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
DItto. Please someone explain to me how Gay you have to be to drive through the Channel with your head set on? I'm guessing Daves not to happy with that. :D You better start repping your hood better then that boy!!!
Whops, I guess I need to log on.

Jrocket
05-01-2006, 08:03 PM
What brand of headsets were they?

BoatFloating
05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
What brand of headsets were they?
Kraco tune out wife brand.... :)

Jrocket
05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Kraco tune out wife brand.... :)
I'll take two!

ROZ
05-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I'll take two!M too.. I need to wear one around the house! :D

Charley
05-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks Chris, I'm praying that these vipers live up to their reputation on the reliability end, I am very impressed with the service and reaction time I am getting from Illmor in dealing with this matter....re: headset, I was cruising along, It was so quiet, I actually saw my warning light come on, immediately looked at my oil pressure which read "0", ripped off my headset to hear what sounded like a beer can had been dropped into my motor :( ..... shut down the 1 motor at 50 - 60mph... no ill effects in turning btw

Charley
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Unlike when you and bling talk on the com
"boat bitch to gaysquirl, come in me gaysquirl"

Havasu Cig
05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Chris, was that you running by the Sandbar Sat???? Very nice I looking I must say...
If I was going down river and it was late in the day, then yes it could have been. I usually do not run hard there, but I came around the bend and the traffic was light so I stayed in it a little. I think I was only running about 100 though... :cool:

Havasu Cig
05-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Charley -- What can I say that hasn't been said... Flat BEAUTIFUL...
Cig -- Great meeting you and Jody -- The offer stands -- Would love to take you out in Santa Cruz on your next visit..
Very nice meeting you guys as well. We will have to make a trip up there soon. It's been a while since Jody has been up to see her family. :cool:

Havasu Cig
05-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks Chris, I'm praying that these vipers live up to their reputation on the reliability end, I am very impressed with the service and reaction time I am getting from Illmor in dealing with this matter....re: headset, I was cruising along, It was so quiet, I actually saw my warning light come on, immediately looked at my oil pressure which read "0", ripped off my headset to hear what sounded like a beer can had been dropped into my motor :( ..... shut down the 1 motor at 50 - 60mph... no ill effects in turning btw
That sucks about the motor. Hopefully it was an isolated deal.
BTW, I take the headsets off at idle... :)

alfonzo
05-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Unlike when you and bling talk on the com
"boat bitch to gaysquirl, come in me gaysquirl"
Like I tell Bling all the time, "don't be so jealous", when Bling gets his DW i'm sure we can all get the headsets on and talk. you won't be left out. ;)

BoatFloating
05-02-2006, 06:14 PM
If I was going down river and it was late in the day, then yes it could have been. I usually do not run hard there, but I came around the bend and the traffic was light so I stayed in it a little. I think I was only running about 100 though... :cool:
That was you and the boat looked nice running of coarse.... :)