PDA

View Full Version : Compliments to Hot Boat Mag!!

Harlem
03-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Got my April Issue yesterday, and I must say, they must be hearing some of our crys cause the whole mag is about Hot boats!!! No articles about boat tests, just good old under 21' boats!! Front cover says it all!!

69 Elim
03-14-2002, 03:53 PM
can't wait to rush home and look in the mail box!

GlastronGuy
03-14-2002, 04:01 PM
I might have to buy this issue.

jetdrive
03-14-2002, 04:46 PM
That's definitely good news. I actually cancelled my subscription at the end of last year for the same reason that you guys have been talking about on this bulletin.
In the last couple of years, I believe that ***boat has been concentrating too much on the 25+ feet, two-motor, $80,000 plus boats that most of traditional ***boat readers are not interested in. If ***boat keeps up this new momentum that you're mentioning (as in the April issue), I will definitely consider re-subscribing.
As most of my buddies agree, if we want to look at those fancy "offshore" type boats that they drive in Florida, we'll buy the "Powerboat" magazine (which I never would anyway). It's nice to see ***boat going back to its grass roots as owning this niche market is what made it so unique in the first place.
Good business decision ***boat, please keep it up...

Unchained
03-14-2002, 05:46 PM
I need to thank Hot Boat mag also. I have gotten two issues instead of one for a couple years. After calling them and sending emails three or four times with no response I figured it must just be a freebee. Maybe I have been getting two issues and someone else got none. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Mark

Dans66Stevens
03-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Jet Drive ditto on the Hot-Boat. I never renewed my subscription because I was tired of $80,000 boats. I hope they have woken up...

Costello
03-14-2002, 08:44 PM
I too cancelled my subscription a couple of years ago for the same reasons. My wife just subscribed for me again because she's tired of the $5.00 grocery store copies that make it into her basket from time to time. I don't have the new issue yet, but if it's all "real ***boats", then YES the powers that be seemingly have heard our plea and taken the online poll conducted here somewhat seriously.

sandblasted
03-14-2002, 09:44 PM
You mean an issue with boats that most people can actually afford...Wow!..
I've read too many posts from people on the Hot boats, Hot spots area getting all wet over that "ugly" 54 ft Hallett at the boat show...
How in the hell does a 54 ft yacht with twin deisels classify as a hot boat? It's a friggin yacht..I don't care if hallett made it..

wsm9808
03-14-2002, 10:14 PM
I read the Jet tech in my last two issues while waiting in the line at a fast food drive through and then tossed them into the back of the Tahoe. This new issue, with some real Hot Boats in it, might make it into the bathroom where all the serious reading takes place. Thanks Hot Boat.

77charger
03-14-2002, 10:32 PM
i'm going to have to run out and buy one you mean hot boat not powerboat mag right?I was about to get a suscription but after seing all the bigger boats i changed my mind.

future boater
03-14-2002, 10:37 PM
definitely worth purchasing. reminds of old times

Blown Sleek
03-14-2002, 11:07 PM
It is after eleven pm and I just ran to the mail box cause I thought it may be in there.
My buddy got his a week before me last month and he has not gotten his this month yet!! If I gotta wait another two weeks knowing you guys got you'rs I will have to swim in the cold water to calm down!! All I ever wanted to see was little 60-90 mph ski boats like those in my child hood.Thanks allot Hot Boat you are a true scollaR!! Send me another coppy of this issue!! I will renue at the Anaheim Boat show and will I get another shirt?? PPLLEESSSEEEE?

Heatseeker
03-15-2002, 12:22 AM
Figures, I just let the subscription go! Now I'll have to run to the grocery store and pay $5 just to check it out.
Just my luck...

Nash
03-15-2002, 02:53 AM
WHERS'S MY MAG ---Arghhhhhhhhh... my bathroom isn't the same. Funny, I live 50 miles from Hot Boats Offices. The Torment.......

Harlem
03-15-2002, 09:33 AM
The whole mag is on 18-21' perfornance boats, I think there is only a couple pages in the whole mag that has boats over 21' and thats cause its covering the regattas! One of the best issues yet!!

Blown Sleek
03-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Sounds like I may go to the office is it not in Holywood?? I have friends there anyways.
Hurry Hurry!! When is it availible online?

Bense468
03-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Well thats good to hear. I talked to the hot boat guys at the La Boat show and asked how I can get my shirt. They said subscribe. I said I have for a few years. They said renew I said I just did and after all these years I have never got a shirt. How do I get a shirt. They said either renew or buy it for 15 bucks. Screw the shirt. It was just principle.

MoJetBoPar
03-15-2002, 02:27 PM
Just got mine today! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
I never quit my subscription for fear of losing the ***boat website v-drive and jet boards. But, after reading the tech columns there wasn't much to look for besides bikini's!!
Thanks ***boat, for REAL ***boat edition! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Dans66Stevens
03-15-2002, 03:16 PM
The T-Shirts........lmao I called in a subscription once. I got my magazines but no shirt. So I called and the girl said it should be shipped soon. So I waited. No shirt so I called again. She says we have already sent you one. I said well I never got one. After a few calls one showed up and two days later another one came. lol So If you guys never got yours I have it...

Blown Sleek
03-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Dan I get impatiant allot! You just double click on submit Reply and oh well.
I also spoke way to much about how long it took to get my issue and how my buddy got his early? Well he and I got ours on the same day!! What an Issue!!! Any chance hot boat will take some pics of my boat using that hot boat photo boat? I can get my chick in a topless thing if it helps?

Nash
03-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Mike Fryy's Kurtis on the cover is a sweet looking hydro, the babe doesn't hurt either. I commend you, Kevin, for the continued effort help us to understand why the HTM boys and others, do what they do. Your statment about safety concers is dead on, just look at the "reader rides," at HBs site. I saw maybe 5 people wearing vests, proving your correct in your assesment, looking cool, costs lives.
Thanks for, once again, bringing to the forefront the need for increased boater respect. It gets old having some guy, in a obviously sweet fast "big," boat, run up past you at 80-90, less than 100' away, leaving you to deal with a massive swell in a matter of seconds. It seems the theme is a dedication to the cost of quality boat manufacturing. This is all before you get past "Fry like an Eagle." Kudos!

sandblasted
03-16-2002, 11:21 AM
I sent in my subscription 3-4 weeks ago...Received an invoice yesterday for the $26...So I don't even have the new issue yet..Probably have to buy it at the magazine stand again...It will be interesting to see what shows up 1st...The mag or the t-shirt!

Costello
03-16-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Nash:
...... just look at the "reader rides," at HBs site. I saw maybe 5 people wearing vests, proving your correct in your assesment, looking cool, costs lives.
Nash, I'm with you 100%, but here's the BIGGER issue. (I think this is a great place to put it because all of the Hot Boat staff will want to read the backslapping for the good issue and perhaps take note http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif) Many people who read Hot Boat get their whole concept of "Hot Boating" from the magazine. They see 40+ year old fat guys running what appears to be "balls out" with some massive titted babes on board. Do these people EVER have any vests on? Hell no!!! If Hot Boat magazine as an entity cares about promoting safety, IMHO, the best thing they could possibly do is start teaching by example. While I am aware that many of those photos are shot at 30 mph, the average Joe thinks "Hey they're in a boat that does 92 mph and they aren't wearing vests, I don't need to mine only goes 80!". So come on Hot Boat, lead by example and show the world vests ARE cool. Sure we'll miss the titties in the action shots, but there is always room for that in the still photos. Anything short of adopting this type of approach in the magazine is bordering on hypocrisy in my book.
[This message has been edited by Costello (edited March 16, 2002).]

DickDanger
03-16-2002, 09:16 PM
I have to agree that I am WAY more impressed with this issue, than many of the others, and here is why:
1. The restoration projects were cool to read about.
2. The HTM "How fast is too fast?" article was great.
3. As usual, the babes..need I say more?
4. The classic boats in there was also very welcome reading
5. The only thing that made me want to puke was that ugly a$$ lime green/yellow boat in there....that old fart may have money, but no taste...GUH!!! -DD out

LVjetboy
03-17-2002, 03:57 AM
DD, you're right on about the lime green elephant. Besides that, it would clash w/ my orange drinks...especially after one too many http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif But it was UNIQUE in a corny Batman versus the Joker sorta way. Guys at work just said, "What the h*ll was that guy thinking??" Shock factor I suppose...but it got HB's attention...
Taste aside, this issue's way better than recent, and for that I thank Hot Boat Magazine and the people in the staff making it happen!
Hot boat article mix of:
Big......8
Small...10
Cover picture and feature: Now THAT's what I'm talking about! And this from a jet dude??
Harlem, I think HBM heard our cry. I've read this issue from cover-to-cover (except BK's "Hot Sheet" which I skipped) and although includes a good mix of small hot boats, I sensed a editorial undercurrent defending big boat coverage.
Summerized by Brian Davidson's comment (p63/64), "It was clear that everyone in the group <my comment: mostly big boats> was a Hot Boat Magazine reader, because all the boats present were quality performance boats that had been advertised and evaluated in Hot Boat at one time or another."
Hmmm...now that's an interesting comment...
Anyway, I truly hope this isn't just a thrown bone for us "hard core" old time low buck guys, and that we'll see more "small" True Hot Boat coverage in the future.
Sincerely,
jer
[This message has been edited by LVjetboy (edited March 17, 2002).]

regattajboat
03-17-2002, 05:53 AM
Anyone out there have a link or address
for a subsciption.
Thanks,Mac.
regat69@aol.com
[This message has been edited by regattajboat (edited March 17, 2002).]

Stab-n-Steer
03-18-2002, 11:06 AM
Go to their home page and scroll down. There is a link to the subscription form... They stiffed me on my t-shirt also...
S&S

HavasuDreamin'
03-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Great issue! Good job, this one will not be filed away for a while! Already been through the entire mag, and I just got it couple of days ago! Nice work HB http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

bratprince
03-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Wow, i just got my april issue and I have to say thumbs up, and now I gotta finish fixing up the old boat....