PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Throttle Cable....

TIGGER
06-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Ive been working on my boat like crazy lately, trying to get it ready for the 4th. I notice that my throttle cable is sticky. Is there a easy way to unstick it? If not where can I get a new one from? About how much do they run?

Rexone
06-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Usually there is no way to free them up as corrosion gets inside the cable. Just give a call if you need we stock most all of them... Throttle Cables (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=cables)

Hemicbx
06-21-2005, 04:05 AM
I just replaced my throttle cable two weeks ago. I was absolutely amazed at how slick the new one is compared to the old. The old worked, but took some leg muscle; this new one is the bees knees.
And, of course, it came from Rex, the best shop to deal with - ever.
Hemicbx

PipesClean
06-21-2005, 06:17 AM
Pull it off the carb, and make sure it is sticking straight up in the air. Put some airtool oil in a plastic baggy (make sure it has a lot in it). Tie the bag around the end of the cable and let it sit overnight. The oil will drain into the cable overnight and could possibly free it up for you. There is no better fix than to get a new one though. This is just something to try if you don't have the funds or time to fix it properly. :hammerhea