PDA

View Full Version : Black1975????????

Greaser
06-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Who the hell is this person???????? Is he gonna join in on the fun???????
LOL.........You ready to get that power plant put in that boat today???

esabataj
06-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Come on Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can do it :D
Just one letter at a time :hammerhea
It was great meeting you guys and just wanted to thank you for all the help. Looking forward to hooking up with you all in July.
Richard

oldbuck40
06-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Come on Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can do it :D
Just one letter at a time :hammerhea
It was great meeting you guys and just wanted to thank you for all the help. Looking forward to hooking up with you all in July.
Richardno kidding!!! im ready too,,,hey im bringing my chris craft also so if any of you want to take pic's or video from atop the cabin i think the pic's would turn out very nice being you and the camera would be roughly 12 to14 ft off the water?????

esabataj
06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
no kidding!!! im ready too,,,hey im bringing my chris craft also so if any of you want to take pic's or video from atop the cabin i think the pic's would turn out very nice being you and the camera would be roughly 12 to14 ft off the water?????
:cool: :cool: :cool:

oldbuck40
06-21-2005, 01:15 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:richard,,i printed that same picture of you and the boat in your sig line on kodak paper and its sitting on my desk! im thinking of starting a collection and hanging them up out at the lake cabin! thats a cool pic! wish it were a little closer though...

esabataj
06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
richard,,i printed that same picture of you and the boat in your sig line on kodak paper and its sitting on my desk! im thinking of starting a collection and hanging them up out at the lake cabin! thats a cool pic! wish it were a little closer though...
I already did the same yesterday. Just need to get a frame. Thanks for the pics buddy. I really appriciate them. I'm just about out of here for the day. Talk to ya Tomorrow. :D

oldbuck40
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
I already did the same yesterday. Just need to get a frame. Thanks for the pics buddy. I really appriciate them. I'm just about out of her for the day. Talk to ya Tomorrow. :Dok have a good evening!

Greaser
06-22-2005, 08:38 AM
I was wanting to put the picture of my boat with the sun shining thru the tail in my sig line, but cant figure out how:(

oldbuck40
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I was wanting to put the picture of my boat with the sun shining thru the tail in my sig line, but cant figure out how:(i couldnt tell ya bud,i do good to find the keyboard!!! hey did black get the cheby in the boat yet???

Taylorman
06-22-2005, 08:45 AM
I was wanting to put the picture of my boat with the sun shining thru the tail in my sig line, but cant figure out how:(
Do you know how to post pictures Greaser? If so, you do it the same way but put the address of the picture in the signature block in your preference.

Greaser
06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
No, not yet. The drive line adapter he ordered was the wrong one, so we are waiting for that.

Greaser
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Do you know how to post pictures Greaser? If so, you do it the same way but put the address of the picture in the signature block in your preference.
Ive never been able to do it succesfully. I'm computer illiterate :cry:

oldbuck40
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
No, not yet. The drive line adapter he ordered was the wrong one, so we are waiting for that.always somthing huh!

oldbuck40
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
hey greaser,,is blacks girlfriend's name kathy? im having one of those moments.

Greaser
06-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Yep,
I think I got my oil leak fixed though. I will find out for sure this weekend.
When I took off my intake, you could see parts of that silicone bead that wasnt even compressed.There was a gap on the back side big enough to stick the end of a flat head screw driver thru :frown: Its no wonder I blew out almost 5 quarts of oil over the weekend.

Black1975
06-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Can" T Take It Anymore!!!!!!!! Black Is Joining In On The Fun.

Greaser
06-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Well, its about damn time :rollside:

esabataj
06-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Well Black It's good you finally jumped in!!!! It's about TIME.
Ok everyone, Lets let him get his post count up some before we feed him to the
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3115/4867408936971th_avatar149335_8.gif
:D
Welcome buddy!!! Glad to have ya aboard!!!

oldbuck40
06-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Yep,
I think I got my oil leak fixed though. I will find out for sure this weekend.
When I took off my intake, you could see parts of that silicone bead that wasnt even compressed.There was a gap on the back side big enough to stick the end of a flat head screw driver thru :frown: Its no wonder I blew out almost 5 quarts of oil over the weekend.if you put it on there like i was telling ya you should have the leak stoped,,if it squeezed out the back and looks kinda bad wait and let it cure for a few days and trim it off with a razor blade. tell ya you've done some nice work on that engine since i saw it last at indian lodge,,looking real sharp :D

Devilman
06-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Well Black It's good you finally jumped in!!!! It's about TIME.
Ok everyone, Lets let him get his post count up some before we feed him to the
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3115/4867408936971th_avatar149335_8.gif
:D
Welcome buddy!!! Glad to have ya aboard!!!
That's pretty good!! Sharks....
Hows things? Looks like everybody getting their bugs worked out before the weekend, that's good. :cool:

oldbuck40
06-22-2005, 11:18 AM
That's pretty good!! Sharks....
Hows things? Looks like everybody getting their bugs worked out before the weekend, that's good. :cool: doing ok here! enjoyed hanging out with ya at somerville,we will definately have to do it again! :D :D

TexasJet
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Greaser, I'll be up there Friday night. See ya Saturday. :) I think BigMo will be there also. I hope to get a ride in his boat Friday night. :2purples:

Devilman
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
doing ok here! enjoyed hanging out with ya at somerville,we will definately have to do it again! :D :D
Copy that!! I ordered some of those high falutin copper header gaskets today. Should have 'em by the weekend... Maybe I'll have a little $ left over so I can put some gas in it & see how good those gaskets work... :D

oldbuck40
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Copy that!! I ordered some of those high falutin copper header gaskets today. Should have 'em by the weekend... Maybe I'll have a little $ left over so I can put some gas in it & see how good those gaskets work... :Dhey devilman check the header flange with a straight edge to see if its good and flat b/4 you install the new gaskets and also put a thin coat of the orange high heat silicone on both sides of the gasket! i know some people think its a waste of time and doesnt do anything but it does help keep them from leaking... just my .02

Greaser
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
tell ya you've done some nice work on that engine since i saw it last at indian lodge,,looking real sharp :D
Thanks, now if I can only get it to run as good as it looks. :rollside:

Greaser
06-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Greaser, I'll be up there Friday night. See ya Saturday. :) I think BigMo will be there also. I hope to get a ride in his boat Friday night. :2purples:
Cool, I plan on getting there right after noon on Saturday. Maybe I could sweet talk Big mo into giving me a ride also. :hammerhea Man, I bet he burned up some gas last weekend.
Where ya wanna meet up at?

Devilman
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
hey devilman check the header flange with a straight edge to see if its good and flat b/4 you install the new gaskets and also put a thin coat of the orange high heat silicone on both sides of the gasket! i know some people think its a waste of time and doesnt do anything but it does help keep them from leaking... just my .02
You mean that Copper-Coat stuff? or is there a high heat silicone in a tube(RTV)? Hell, the header I took off is outside in the back a my truck.... I guess I could check that out right now.

oldbuck40
06-23-2005, 10:52 AM
You mean that Copper-Coat stuff? or is there a high heat silicone in a tube(RTV)? Hell, the header I took off is outside in the back a my truck.... I guess I could check that out right now.yea kenny the high heat rtv silicone! its orange or red depending on the brand. my first taylor ss had logs on it and it leaked all the time till a guy showed me that trick! thats been years ago and i've been doing it since and to this day i havent had a problem...

Devilman
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
yea kenny the high heat rtv silicone! its orange or red depending on the brand. my first taylor ss had logs on it and it leaked all the time till a guy showed me that trick! thats been years ago and i've been doing it since and to this day i havent had a problem...
:idea:
I wonder what happens when I get out there to check that flange, and it's warped.... :jawdrop:

BigMo
06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Cool, I plan on getting there right after noon on Saturday. Maybe I could sweet talk Big mo into giving me a ride also. :hammerhea Man, I bet he burned up some gas last weekend.
Where ya wanna meet up at?
Oh yea fellas i burned up some fuel..LOL.. But hey I bought a boat and put that engine in it to run the crap out of it.. LOL.. at least my dad was there with me to go in half on the gas cause man ole man it was a bunch. You guys dont have to SWEET talk me to get a ride, just come and jump in. We need to meet up again this weekend. Let me know where.
Mo

oldbuck40
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
:idea:
I wonder what happens when I get out there to check that flange, and it's warped.... :jawdrop:most likely their not going to be warped unless they have been droped on the flange,,bassett right? they have a good thick flange. the best thing about headers is they can be slightly warped and you can still pull them up flat when you tighten everything up,unlike a log it doestn give like the flange on a header! i think you should be ok with the standard gaskets and the rtv,,just be sure the head is fairly clean and no oil on the exhaust ports where the silicone will be. one other trick when it seems like all else has failed is to silicone 2 gaskets together and put them both on that side,they will crush enough when tightened to seal it...

Devilman
06-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Mo, I never got to meet ya! We waved at ya when we unloaded, you guys were tent camping if I'm not mistaken. I saw you make one pass past the beach there, where we were tied up. Boat sure sounded & looked kick-ass :cool:

oldbuck40
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh yea fellas i burned up some fuel..LOL.. But hey I bought a boat and put that engine in it to run the crap out of it.. LOL.. at least my dad was there with me to go in half on the gas cause man ole man it was a bunch. You guys dont have to SWEET talk me to get a ride, just come and jump in. We need to meet up again this weekend. Let me know where.
Mobigmo sorry we didnt get to meet at somerville last weekend but i did see ya haulin @zz around yegua quite a few times saturday,,,sounded sweet!

Devilman
06-23-2005, 11:31 AM
most likely their not going to be warped unless they have been droped on the flange,,bassett right? they have a good thick flange. the best thing about headers is they can be slightly warped and you can still pull them up flat when you tighten everything up,unlike a log it doestn give like the flange on a header! i think you should be ok with the standard gaskets and the rtv,,just be sure the head is fairly clean and no oil on the exhaust ports where the silicone will be. one other trick when it seems like all else has failed is to silicone 2 gaskets together and put them both on that side,they will crush enough when tightened to seal it...
I went out a few minutes ago, laid a piece of alum. flat bar across it. Everything looks good. I couldn't get any header gaskets here in town(don't get me started!) so I figured if I was gonna have to order out of the catalog, I'd splurge. Jeg's sells these:
http://www.jegs.com/photos/7207150.jpg
Embossed Solid Copper
Embossed O-ring gasket design increases sealing pressure around exhaust ports to create a tight, leakproof seal, even on irregular surfaces. Made from long lasting .043” solid copper, these gaskets will not shrink, deteriorate or blowout, so gasket leaks are eliminated!
Hope they do the trick!!

BigMo
06-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Yea guys i missed meeting a few of you. To bad i was on the damn tent side but we ended up renting an Rv due to our new 2month old baby. Next time ill make sure and camp in the area that everones at. But lets plan something for this weekend. I know Texas Jet will be out and maybe Greaser?? Ill be out also. Let me know guys
Mo

oldbuck40
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
I went out a few minutes ago, laid a piece of alum. flat bar across it. Everything looks good. I couldn't get any header gaskets here in town(don't get me started!) so I figured if I was gonna have to order out of the catalog, I'd splurge. Jeg's sells these:
http://www.jegs.com/photos/7207150.jpg
Embossed Solid Copper
Embossed O-ring gasket design increases sealing pressure around exhaust ports to create a tight, leakproof seal, even on irregular surfaces. Made from long lasting .043” solid copper, these gaskets will not shrink, deteriorate or blowout, so gasket leaks are eliminated
Hope they do the trick!!they should do it! but i would still do the rtv thing,,its cheap insurance.

Devilman
06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I hear you.... I'm all for cheap insurance. Like they say, "a little dab'll do ya" :wink:

oldbuck40
06-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I hear you.... I'm all for cheap insurance. Like they say, "a little dab'll do ya" :wink: well let us know how the new gaskets hold up this weekend!

Greaser
06-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Yea guys i missed meeting a few of you. To bad i was on the damn tent side but we ended up renting an Rv due to our new 2month old baby. Next time ill make sure and camp in the area that everones at. But lets plan something for this weekend. I know Texas Jet will be out and maybe Greaser?? Ill be out also. Let me know guys
Mo
I will definatly be out on Saturday and Sunday. I usually like to hang out around Pecan. But if its not to rough, I am sure I will be running all over the lake. I need some run time to break in this new engine :hammer2:
Look forward to meeting up with ya. Maybe drinking a couple cold ones :D

BigMo
06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
That sounds like a plan for this weekend. Ill prob be a yegua again. If you havent got a spot maybe you can get one a yegua near us. I know Texas jet will but out but not sure what site. But im sure we run in to each other either way.
Mo

TexasJet
06-23-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll be in site 15. See ya Friday night.

Greaser
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
I'll be lookin for you guys.