PDA

View Full Version : droop snoot question

atxwrangler
06-21-2005, 12:11 PM
has anyone here installed or used the droop snoot with the built in ride plate that is only attached to the droop? i would like to use one instead of taking the intake out of my boat, to have it machined.it seems to me it could possibly work!thanks in advance!

HBjet
06-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I personally have never used that setup but I doubt they actually work. If you want results, then take the time to have your intake machined for a rideplate. Remember, when you do have your intake machined, you can also try different shoe/shim combinations to find the best setup for your boat/motor/pump combo.
HBjet

Bryan Rose
06-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Yep.........................................Save your money and only do the droop, I have the ride plate attacthment and it serves a purpose for me by mounting my pick up for my oil cooler water. .It seems to do nothing as far as serving as a ride plate, perhaps keeps clean water under the nozzle and maybe noses the boat over quicker. I did create som shims for my plate and they seem to help but I am assuming nothing like a real ride plate.
My 2 cents
Bryan

atxwrangler
06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate the input! :hammer2: