PDA

View Full Version : 27 Eliminator questions

psdbill
08-05-2002, 06:33 PM
Howdy, Long time reader first time poster.
I am concidering a 97 Eliminator Daytona, it has 2x 502 mags, bravo 1s with a mid cabin and rider front. It's clean except I am not in to the open bow really. Well it's ugly I think but the kids would prolly love it, oh well.
It has 26p props and turns 5000rpms at only 75 MPH. Geesh, that's seems slow to me. I think it would be at least 90 wouldn't you.
I was worried this boat might be a natural dog or something. It has 220 hours and is clean, what do you guys think about pricing?
Thanks!

Charley
08-05-2002, 09:49 PM
seems slow to me....I think the 27' was an even 3 pod/sponson'd boat...inherently slower top end than a true tunnel like spectre/skater or raised center pod like eliminator/dcb but speed isn't everything....POST SOME PICS!..... boats are like woman... the value drops enourmously if they are UGLY....sometimes I hate having a Cute wife.... :D
[ August 05, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

TOBTEK
08-06-2002, 06:50 AM
The open-bow tunnels dont look as racy and sleek, but for the family they are more practical and roomy. Eliminator's DCB mach's and just about all pickel/tunnel boats NEED more room in them. Have you ever noticed any picture of a 22ft DCB/daytona all the way to the new 34footers, They all have about the same interior space, two front seats and one rear bench. Why dont the larger boats have more room in them, with all the wasted space under the bow? They dont look as cool, but im getting a DCB mach OPEN-BOW.

psdbill
08-06-2002, 07:24 AM
The more I think about it, it's very practical with the mid cabin and the bow rider. I just may offer him a price I can't refuse and if I don't like it, oh well, move on.
I just know myself too well, it needs to go faster and I don't want to get trapped in a boat that refuses to run hard. I was looking at a 30 Eagle with the same power and it dusted a 27 foot modified tunnel.
TOBTEK; good observation about room, I agree.
Charley: LOL, I had to put some 'investments' in the wife a few years back, she seems to be retaining value well!
The boat is a white out, what do you guys think it worth?

Screaming Pete
08-06-2002, 07:49 AM
[ They dont look as cool, but im getting a DCB mach OPEN-BOW.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Tobtek, Did you pick one out of the used boat dept or is this a new boat ordered? :)

25 Eagle
08-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Low forties?

psdbill
08-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Low forties,
Ya that is what I was thinking too.
Anyone else?
Thanks!

TOBTEK
08-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Screaming Pete:
[ They dont look as cool, but im getting a DCB mach OPEN-BOW.Tobtek, Did you pick one out of the used boat dept or is this a new boat ordered? :) [/QB][/QUOTE]
S/PETE...Got the OK from mrs TOBTEK. BUT, heres the catch.....I HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, AS IN 2004 MODEL. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..LIKE I SAID "SHE IS KILLING ME!" But Dave is being very cool about the deal. We still need to take her for a test ride in a MACH22,so if you still can take us sometime you would be my hereo!..toby

Screaming Pete
08-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Tobtek, I got your ride request on file this weekend its the wife's bday so were trying to have a kid less weekend and i'm trying to make it at the river. I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks :cool:

TOBTEK
08-07-2002, 07:54 AM
Screaming Pete:
Tobtek, I got your ride request on file this weekend its the wife's bday so were trying to have a kid less weekend and i'm trying to make it at the river. I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks :cool: YOUR THE MAN! DOES YOUR WIFE NEED A NEW BMW FOR HER BIRTHDAY? I CAN HELP! :D

Screaming Pete
08-07-2002, 08:00 AM
The real problem is she does need a new car and were holding off as long as we can because we just bought a new house. Maybe I'll have to put your ride off a little longer like till after our 20th anavercy :p in december :p

TOBTEK
08-07-2002, 10:53 AM
Screaming Pete:
The real problem is she does need a new car and were holding off as long as we can because we just bought a new house. Maybe I'll have to put your ride off a little longer like till after our 20th anavercy :p in december :p NO PRESSURE...im not in sales, But I take in all the lease returns. Some really awesome deals to be had! Has Dave got your boat back together yet?...toby

Screaming Pete
08-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Lease Returns Now you got my attn.I'll keep that in mind. I'll move your ride back up wink

psdbill
08-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Anyways...... Does anyone else have some input on the 27 Daytona? Price or performance?
Thanks!