PDA

View Full Version : Any east coasters out there??

hot_rod
08-21-2001, 10:54 AM
I live/float in Southern Md. Mostly on the Patuxent and Potomac and I have a 21 Daytona.
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 03, 2001).]

Dimarco Kid
08-21-2001, 11:45 AM
I'm a Maine boy,
Got a Dimarco Drag Hydro with a blown 490 Chevy. And on my way to New York this weekend to buy a 75' Nordic jet boat. 402, (little motor) but this one's for my wife.
Check out my East Coast regatta idea in ***boat hotspots if you haven't already.
Dimarco kid

nitro557
08-21-2001, 04:21 PM
im in northern virginia , do you ever go to lake anna me and fatrat, blondebomber are meeting there this weekend to play , wanna go?what part of the potomac do you run i run out of occoquan

Dimarco Kid
08-21-2001, 06:27 PM
You guys keep this shit up and I'll pack my Durango up with my boat, my buddies truck with the jet and haul my ass down there! I'm sick and tired of hearing about you guys gettin' together!!! LOL. I wanna play too!
Dimarco Kid

fat rat
08-21-2001, 06:34 PM
Hey Hot Rod, what do you think about Lake Anna this weekend...let me know, I need to confirm with the hotel Wednesday. I got one room left, call me, my phone number is on an E-mail I sent you, love to have another Jetter running with us this weekend.
Nittro did your test run go O.K., I'll call you later this week.
Yo Philly Ray you gonna make it?
What about you Blonde Bomber.....you got it dialed in for the weekend.
Last call for Anna.....should be a good weekend, can't wait.

fat rat
08-21-2001, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry Dimarco, I didn'nt mean to leave you out....come on down, my buddy is comming down from Maine off vacation to be with us this weekend, let me know........your more than welcomed. Good idea lets plan something for next year

hot_rod
08-21-2001, 07:04 PM
Fat Rat...I would love to go but at this point I don't know if my boat is going to be ready, so I can't commit right now but if it's up and runnin I can always come up for the day. Maybe they will still have a room and I can stay.
Nitro577...when I float on the Potomac I put in at Goose Bay In Port Tobacco and usually run up to Fairhaven, you ever been there???

nitro557
08-22-2001, 05:06 AM
well have to meet up sometime i can run out of aqua and meet you someplace
the test went soso destroyed the alternator and blew a manifold gasket but engine pulled great all repairs completed last night ill be at the lake sunday morning e-mail me if you need directions

phillyray
08-22-2001, 04:29 PM
Hot Rod,left some info for ya under the Daytona 21 thred.P.S....the flats in Harve DeGrace Md. would be a GREAT spot for a jet gathering...One MASSIVE sand bar,great water.And also there's a nice quiet spot for some 1/4 mile stuff!

Dimarco Kid
08-22-2001, 04:57 PM
Het Philly Ray,
any reasons why we wouldn't be able to do something there? Sounds like a good spot, I think.
Dimarco Kid

nitro557
08-23-2001, 04:58 AM
id be in on that , sounds good

hot_rod
08-24-2001, 11:15 AM
Come on now there has got to be more easterners out there..... lets hear from you as long as your on our side of the Mississippi!!
http://www.bearshobbies.com/hotrods_signature.gif

E_S_K_I_M_O2
08-24-2001, 11:42 AM
whew, i thought i was the only one on the east coast. what about florida tho? i really dont hear that much from down here.

Hallett of a Dream
08-31-2001, 08:08 PM
I'm in west central pennsylvania. We usually run around the area here but I am more than willing to travel and play. I am hoping to have my new engine in by next weekend. I will have to spend some time breaking it in. Maybe that way I can keep the 20 gallons of fuel in the tanks longer. Email me guys with an east coast jetters list. firezeus@aol.com or my better address is firezeus@penn.com
[This message has been edited by Hallett of a Dream (edited September 01, 2001).]

jumbofordman
09-01-2001, 01:10 AM
Hey, I'm in eastern North Carolina. We just got our Jet Boat, a 19' Baja with a Berkeley F Jet. We took it out in the Pamlico Sound last weekend, ran pretty good, pulls up skiers a hell of a lot easier than any prop boat we've had.
George

restofreak
09-01-2001, 09:28 AM
Yo! Y'all have Canadian amongst ya too.I'm in Ontario (Winsor Area) and have a 19' Wright jet and a Hondo flat. Neither is ready till next year, but I'd love to travel to come and play

burbanite
09-01-2001, 02:00 PM
I'm in Indy. '76 Sanger Hydro jet. This is supposed to be the Mid West but every time I see a map it looks to me like the Mid East, does that count?

Hallett of a Dream
09-01-2001, 02:35 PM
Hey BURB, what part of Indiana? I think thats part of the corn belt isn't it???? beats me, I just travel through there a lot.

572Daytona
09-01-2001, 08:04 PM
I live in Georgia on the coast of Lake Lanier. Does that make me an East Coaster? I've got a 21' Daytona and an 18' Tahiti

Hallett of a Dream
09-01-2001, 08:32 PM
We should try to get some sort of get together for next year. I'm originallly from CA and jetboats here out east is almost like a UFO siting. Uncommon Floating Object

Hallett of a Dream
09-01-2001, 08:36 PM
One other question, what temp is the water running where you guys go? Our rivers and lakes run about 76 - 82 depending on the weather and rainfall.
[This message has been edited by Hallett of a Dream (edited September 02, 2001).]

Moomawnster
09-02-2001, 02:17 AM
Hi There ! I live in Va and run on lake Moomaw in Bath Co .My boat is a 16 ft Tahiti with 350 SB and a place diverter. I don't see many jets at "MY" lake and the one big block won't run me , but he has been watching me practice so perhaps he knows best, Hee Hee ! Have mercy I am just a 350 !

SnapperSnacher
09-02-2001, 03:21 AM
Hay Hot Rod I'm down south east in the Florida Keys after this fishing season I will be getting a 21' Daytona. The water Temp down here is 87 to 90, Give me a nice cool lake any day & i will pull up & leve this hot as hell place LOL

phillyray
09-02-2001, 04:34 AM
This thing sound's like it could be (((BIG))),who said there's no EAST COAST HOT BOATS!!!

nitro557
09-02-2001, 06:41 AM
im really starten to like these numbers if everyone shows we would have about 15 to 20 boats so far we need to start cementing location and date

JETBOAT BRIAN
09-02-2001, 08:34 AM
I LIVE IN ATLANTA AND BOAT AT LAKE ALLATOONA. NOT VERY MUCH JET ACTION HERE BUT A PRETTY NICE LAKE I HAVE A 21 EDGE PHANTOM TUNNEL WITH A BLOWN FULL ROLLER 502/AT 309 PUMP. THE ROOSTER TAIL MAKES FOR LOTS OF SMILES ON THE LAKE! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHER EAST COAST JETTERS!

mario
09-02-2001, 08:38 AM
Delaware jet boater here, Is there anyone here from Delaware or close?
MARIO

Dimarco Kid
09-02-2001, 11:00 AM
Hey Guys,
Remember we're trying to start a rally here for us east coasters! Go over to 1st annual "Beasts ovtha East" and throw some ideas around for us. I think we can make this happen with all the enthusiasm I've been seeing.
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-02-2001, 11:02 AM
That topic is in the "hot boat hot spots" forum. Sorry about that!

phillyray
09-02-2001, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by mario:
Delaware jet boater here, Is there anyone here from Delaware or close?
MARIO Mario,I'am here in Philla area,run the Delaware River as well a Harve DeGrace Md.at the flats! be there Monday,working on the video for THE EAST COAST GATHERING!!!...If you live in De. thats the place to boat!!!

Hallett of a Dream
09-02-2001, 06:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to take control of this, but I am putting together a list of people that are extremely interested in a "Thunder in the East 2002" or some other querky theme. So far, replies have come from as far north as Canada and Maine, from the south is Florida, west is Indiana and east is quite a few with Maryland, North Carolina, Washington DC, a couple of Virginians, Pennsylvanians, and a Georgian or 2. A central location would sound like Virginia, North Carolina or something along those lines, but we will need more than anything a place that has caming for those that want to, a town, gas pumps on the lake, consistantly good weather, hotels, beachable area, and probably wouldn't hurt to have and area that isn't too heavily patroled by lake police that like to give out tickets for excessive noise violations. Plus, the lake should not have a 35mph speed limit, just in case we want to play. This is just a show and park it type thing right? NOT!! Any suggestions???
[This message has been edited by Hallett of a Dream (edited September 02, 2001).]

fat rat
09-03-2001, 06:00 AM
What about some sponsors..boat shops and or biulders. Location is important and facilities.

nitro557
09-03-2001, 06:45 AM
ill bring the mobil repair service

fat rat
09-03-2001, 06:54 AM
Nittro thanx again for the help last weekend....I called Nittro last saturday night to see if he could get a starter for me, I woke up sunday morning at the lake and looked out my room and saw a marina service truck sitting out in the parking lot and a clean 20' Southwinds jet hooked to the back of it and Nittro walking towards my room with starter in hand....talk about service.

nitro557
09-03-2001, 08:08 AM
finding good people to boat with is hard when you work at snobboating usa. ill do anything to help a fellow jetter out

daboot
09-03-2001, 12:30 PM
Got your back brotha, Here in south central PA. susquehanna valley 40 miles east of Harrisburg. I got a 18ft. Hurst Jet with a 427 b.b.c. Berk. 12 jg, A impell. Jetovator. Boat will be down over winter, Going to blow it and superchill it with all the goodies. Plenty of places to run around here. From Harrisburg down to Maryland in between 4 dams. Down to the maryland bay area !! "East Coast Playa for Life"

hot_rod
09-03-2001, 04:30 PM
Fellow Jetters.... The reason I started this thread was to see if there were any other jetters on the east coast and if so to organize a jet boat gathering, (my stupid name... 1st annual jet boat jam) so I'm glad to see that there are so many others that want to see the same thing. I already have 1 sponsor lined up, and we should start laying the ground work, location...events etc. Keep the comments and ideas flowing. Until later
FFS Boating
http://www.geocities.com/hot_rod20603/Hotrods_Jetboat_Page.html

Dimarco Kid
09-03-2001, 04:52 PM
Hey Hot Rod,
Your boat must snort!!!
WHEN (see I fixed it!) we have a rally next year, I'm coming for you buddy!!! LOL I'm bored up here in Maine, I need to play with you guys!
Dimarco Kid
[This message has been edited by Dimarco Kid (edited September 04, 2001).]

hot_rod
09-03-2001, 04:58 PM
DM Kid....What's this if S*IT??? Even if it's just me and you it's going to happen, but I think we'll have a few more judgeing by the above post. We have all winter to work it out.
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 03, 2001).]

Hallett of a Dream
09-03-2001, 05:05 PM
THERE WILL BE A RALLY!

hot_rod
09-03-2001, 05:20 PM
H.O.D. ... Where in Pa are you located, What do you think of my stupid name, and I think we should have more than 1 event. At least 2 and maybe 3; 1..beginning of season, 2..mid season, 3..end of season. Whatcha think???

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 02:00 AM
Hey Hot Rod,
I like your attitude, balls to the wall baby! Also, I think if we get the first rally rollin' it take off from there. Even if it isn't preplanned in advance, I think alot of us guys live close enough to each other rallys will be more frequent. I think we're on to somethin'!
P.S. Do the make little dude pissin' on jet stickers? Gotta get me some of them! LOL
Be good guys,
Dimarco Kid

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 06:03 AM
HotRod, I am up on interstate 80, a town called Brookville in west central PA. We need to figure out who is setting what deal up. Dimarco has a thread about the same thing in the Hot Boats/ Hot Spots forum under the thread of 1st annual Beasts ovtha East. I just want this to go smoothly, and not step on anyones toes. I'm looking forward to it!!!

hot_rod
09-04-2001, 06:33 AM
DM Kid...H.O.D... I think The three of us should work on this together. I have set up events before and it can become a lot of work, so the more there are working on it the better. I think the Kid hit the nail on the head lets get the first one off the ground and plan on others to follow. If anyone else wants to help that would be great. What do you guys think our first move should be??

fat rat
09-04-2001, 06:37 AM
Hey Guys, we got to many threads on the same subject....its getting a little confusing here. Lets pick one spot and keep the subject matter focused on the event. I'll be glad to help anyway I can....just let me know. Below is just a short profile of Lake Anna, Va. this is just an option, I'm not trying to steer this thing any place, everyone should post a profile of a location.
Lake Anna profile. Location 90 miles south of Washington DC right off I 95, accomadations 2 water front motels with private docking and security cameras, several water front camp grounds, man made lake several deep coves and the cops aren't to bad.

hot_rod
09-04-2001, 07:27 AM
Fat Rat... I think that's a great idea which thread should we use, should we start a new one?? I think it should be on this forum it seems to get more activity than the others.
BTW how's your boat running. I'm still debugging mine, now I'm having starter problems, sound familiar. Next time your on the pax stop on by.
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited September 04, 2001).]

TTYTWSTR19
09-04-2001, 08:49 AM
HEY GUYS, COUNT ME IN TOO!! I AM STUCK UP HERE IN NORTHERN VERMONT ON LAKE CHAMPLAIN. IT'D BE FUN TO GET TOGETHER AND RIP OFF SOME TRIPLE DIGIT PASSES WITH YOU GUYS. KEEP US INFORMED!
JON

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 10:25 AM
Why don't we decide on a name, once and for all, and we'll start a thread under that name. Is that cool?
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
09-04-2001, 12:47 PM
Right Coast Rally 2002?
Right Coast Regatta?
That's all I can think of right now.
Dimarco Kid

Hallett of a Dream
09-04-2001, 01:51 PM
I looked up Lake Anna, VA on the web, looks like a heck of a lake with several coves and finger, gentle sloping beaches and looks to be about 12 miles long and about 3 miles wide in the biggest part. I called the High Point Marina, they only have 15 rooms and booking for next year will not begin until Jan 1, 2002 and they fill the rooms fast. But the rates are great, with $94 per night on weekends and $74 on weeknights. Lodging is farily limited in the immediate area from what I gather. You can look up lake Anna at www.lakeanna-va.com. (http://www.lakeanna-va.com.) I did not get a chance to check out the water front camping whether its any place you can find or only certain spots. There is a state park on the lake aptly named Lake Anna State Park.
I agree we should work on this one first. And start a new thread with whatever title we choose. I like:
Eastern Jetters Regatta 2002
East Coast Jet Regatta
Water in yer eye (taken from an offroad competition (Mud in yer eye)
Horsepower in the Hills Rally
HELL, JUST GO WITH 1ST ANNUAL JET BOAT JAM
I could go on and on, but anyway...the topic starter should close all other threads pertaining to this and open it with a new thread with the theme title and go from there, and place it in the jet performance forum. Dimarco, HotRod...I think we got something here. Lets come up with a name tonight. The person closing any previos threads should put one last post in so others know where to look. I will email you guys my phone # if we want to talk a little about this.
[This message has been edited by Hallett of a Dream (edited September 04, 2001).]

fat rat
09-04-2001, 03:09 PM
There's also Anna Point Inn right next to High Point, 40 rooms or so, docking on a private no wake cove, pavilion, charcoal grills, 2 horse shoe pits, cable TV, pool talbe and all rooms have full kitchens. Istarted a new thread there was to many going on.

phillyray
09-04-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by daboot:
Got your back brotha, Here in south central PA. susquehanna valley 40 miles east of Harrisburg. I got a 18ft. Hurst Jet with a 427 b.b.c. Berk. 12 jg, A impell. Jetovator. Boat will be down over winter, Going to blow it and superchill it with all the goodies. Plenty of places to run around here. From Harrisburg down to Maryland in between 4 dams. Down to the maryland bay area !! "East Coast Playa for Life"...Hey DaBoot ya just missed a Drag Boat Race in Harrisburg Pa.never herd of it? We have 4 per season,2 in Sunbury Pa and 2 in Harrisburg...PhillyRay

phillyray
09-04-2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by daboot:
Got your back brotha, Here in south central PA. susquehanna valley 40 miles east of Harrisburg. I got a 18ft. Hurst Jet with a 427 b.b.c. Berk. 12 jg, A impell. Jetovator. Boat will be down over winter, Going to blow it and superchill it with all the goodies. Plenty of places to run around here. From Harrisburg down to Maryland in between 4 dams. Down to the maryland bay area !! "East Coast Playa for Life"...Hey DaBoot ya just missed a Drag Boat Race in Harrisburg Pa.never herd of it? We have 4 per season,2 in Sunbury Pa and 2 in Harrisburg...PhillyRay