PDA

View Full Version : Insurance??? Farmer's, Allstate, State Farm

HandsOn
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Anybody use Farmer's Insurance for their home, auto, boat, life, etc? Looking for feedback positive or negative. Trying to decide between Farmer's, Allstate, and State Farm.

cxr133
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Alot of those companies above dont offer home owners insurance in calif.....
so i have home insurance through AAA
car\boat through stae farm

badtaste
06-22-2005, 08:51 AM
I got referred to Allstate last year for my boat... great coverage, great agent, great price. Very satisfied. GrapeApe and BradyBunch hooked me up.

Deano
06-22-2005, 09:00 AM
state farm is very good (as long as you dont have a cat).

riverroyal
06-22-2005, 09:00 AM
cancelled my boat policy on me for no reason after the policy started,also I had them for home,we had a flood in our house due to builders bad work,while statefarm battled with then they raised our rates,alot,I asked them why,they told me due to the flood,but its not settled yet,so I asked if I would be rembersed the money after the found builder neglect,they said no,,,what????So we cancelled everything,cars,home,jewelry,trailer,they suck...try wawanessa for cars,progressive for boats

Deano
06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
cancelled my boat policy on me for no reason after the policy started,also I had them for home,we had a flood in our house due to builders bad work,while statefarm battled with then they raised our rates,alot,I asked them why,they told me due to the flood,but its not settled yet,so I asked if I would be rembersed the money after the found builder neglect,they said no,,,what????So we cancelled everything,cars,home,jewelry,trailer,they suck...try wawanessa for cars,progressive for boats
Thats F**ked up... I had a flood in my house a couple years ago (frozen pipe) and they had a check to me in a week and didnt raise my rates.
When I purchased the house after that one, no one would insure me because of the claim (they have a claim database now). Luckily, I still had my old house and just transferred the policy over.
Im surprised you even found insurance for your house after that.
I havent had any problems with them, other than the boat.

Havasu Luvr
06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Farmer's, boat, house, 5th wheel, dually, 4x4, camero, life. Never a problem, alittle higher premiums but great service ( well owrth the extra $$)

lucky
06-22-2005, 09:29 AM
state farm is very good (as long as you dont have a cat).
??????? this puzzles me :confused:

DUSTINU
06-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Home and cars through Allstate, but they wouldn't cover my Stoker so I went to State Farm... so far so good, Great coverage at a great rate. Honest about all the info., I like that the title reads "Runabout".

Deano
06-22-2005, 09:34 AM
??????? this puzzles me :confused:
My experiences have been positive, other than with the boat.
ie; Houses,cars,trucks,mohos,jewelry,life,umbrellas,an d boats that are not cats" still puzzled?

Holland
06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
State Farm is who I use for the House and the boat... Last year I had a claim on the boat for State Farm, Had my 20K check in 3 days... Flawless... I use Wawaneasa for auto... Beats them all!!!!
Good Luck! Oh yeah, State Farm was the cheapest for my new boat as well... I pay 800 a year for my 30' with 525...
Bob

Holland
06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
My experiences have been positive, other than with the boat.
ie; Houses,cars,trucks,mohos,jewelry,life,umbrellas,an d boats that are not cats" still puzzled?
too funny... I was confused for an min too... Thanks Deano! :D

Deano
06-22-2005, 09:41 AM
too funny... I was confused for an min too... Thanks Deano! :D
yea, I just read that and thought the same thing...I think the Beumont branch has a problem insuring dogs not cats

dimarcobros
06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
I am very happy with State Farm, then again I work for them. :D with State Farm boat insurance is a difficult policy to get. If you have big hp or a cat we will not do it. They think there is too much liability in those boats, I disagree but I don't make up the rules. If you have a Vee then that is a whole other story. We can write those policies no problem.
We can do homes in CA now and there are many discounts for having all your policies in one place, as with most companies. The big 4 companies are State Farm, Allstate, Farmer's and AAA. Any of those 4 are great with claims but might be a tad more on the premium side. Then again if you want cheap insurance you can go to "the General" and get the lowest rate possible but come claim time you are in for a long battle to get your car/home fixed.
I am happy to run quotes, answer any questions, or help in any way I can for you or any one on the board. Feel free to email, matt@jonshepherdins.com or call 626.395.7220. Even if you are with another company I am happy to help.
DMB
aka - Matt

Tyson Ross
06-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I have had State Farm for 10+ years now. Both autos, a boat along with home. I have had a serious auto accident claim that was paid under un-insured motorist and also made a claim on my renter's policy along with a claim under my boat policy. Never had any issues and they settled all for more then I thought I would get.
My F150 was stolen in San Diego a few years back and it was unbelievable what they paid me for it!
SF may not be the cheapest but when I have needed them, they have stepped up to the plate.
*They even use to send me a check if the claims for the year were less then anticipated and we over paid on our premiums!! ;)

mbrown2
06-22-2005, 10:09 AM
My F150 was stolen in San Diego a few years back and it was unbelievable what they paid me for it!
They overpaid you because they wanted you to be able to afford a Chevy. :)

al cole'holic
06-22-2005, 10:38 AM
I have AAA for the boat, went there this morning to see roughly what it would look like on an E-Ticket with twins and got quoted under 1800 for $140k and lots of liability with a $500 deductable....get this, it would be the same for Sofa's 1300 horsepower #6 Conquest! :messedup:

Essex29
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I have AAA for the boat, went there this morning to see roughly what it would look like on an E-Ticket with twins and got quoted under 1800 for $140k and lots of liability with a $500 deductable....get this, it would be the same for Sofa's 1300 horsepower #6 Conquest! :messedup:
what's up Chris...you got a # for your guy?

pixilatedpussy
06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Anybody use Farmer's Insurance for their home, auto, boat, life, etc? Looking for feedback positive or negative. Trying to decide between Farmer's, Allstate, and State Farm.
Riverrunners wife owns a Farmers agency!! Good rates! We have everything with Farmers! From our Business to all our home stuff...boat, 5th wheel, sandrail, home, excursion, f350 & toyota :eek:
Pm him or I & I will give you her #!!!!

totenhosen
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Right now I have Allstate for home and rental properties and Mercury for auto insurance. As soon as my driving record is clean I'll probably get everything changed to Wawanessa and pick up an umbrella polciy as well.

Dribble
06-22-2005, 12:43 PM
I got screwed by the company that Farmers subs its boat policies out to. Plus their homeowners went through the roof. We now have Met Life through the wife's ElDorado Hills company for everything and couldn't be happier with them.

pixilatedpussy
06-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I got screwed by the company that Farmers subs its boat policies out to. Plus their homeowners went through the roof. We now have Met Life through the wife's ElDorado Hills company for everything and couldn't be happier with them.
They sub to alot of companies! Which one did you choose??

boxscore
06-22-2005, 12:47 PM
For reals? I have a hard time believing that one. (not from you, but from them) I hope I'm wrong. Sometimes they'll quote policies only to have them rejected by an underwriter. If it pans out, please let me know. I'll be on my way to AAA in a heartbeat.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
State Farm for the boat and LHC house, Mercury for my vehicle. Had one claim with Mercury, not my fault and they handled it great!

riverroyal
06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
it sounds like my state farm guy is a idiot,because everyone else is happy....also on my flood,I had to give them the toilet that caused the flood,brand new house by the way,so I removed it and bought 2 new ones,because we didnt want the same trouble with the other toilet in the house,never got a dime for that.Also,it took TWO years to get my 1000$ deductable back when they finally proved the builder was at fault.We moved outta that house right at 2 years,before the case was settled,in my new house i got insurance through my wifes company that she works for,they built the house I live in know.I couldnt get home insurance anywhere until the case was settled and I was show not at fault......nice huh.State farm sucks,well with me they did

Indiansprings
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
I have State Farm for everything. I have been with them for years. I cant find a better quote, for the boat or auto.