PDA

View Full Version : Thunder On The James 4th Of July

Huffer
06-22-2005, 01:39 PM
OK Lets get started,first on the agenda.Friday night car and boat show,starts 5pm in Valdese N.C. we have front row places at the show.
Butch"s barbeque right behind us,Mira's icecream and sandwich shop
parking lot is where the show is located!After that there will be an outdoor
live band across the street,so bring your lounge chairs admisson is free!
Will have 92.1 FM big dog advertize this event!
Saturday will be lake day!There will be a cook out this night at the camp ground. Will be supplying barbeque slaw and sauce(Wild Bore). Will need a little help on the rest of the meal. Be sure to pack a lunch for this day on the lake!
Sunday will be lake day also.Pot luck for this day so everybody bring a little something!
The Firework shows will be on Monday Night one on the lake and one down town at the recreation center. Either one starts at 9:15 pm.
Directions to Linville Access Boat Landing are: Interstate 40 West to exit 100(Jamestown Road); turn right, turn left at 2nd red light in front of Freedom High School onto Hwy 126; Boat Landing will be on left about 5 miles past 3 way supply store. This is the long way to the island (if we are able to get the same island this time).
Directions to Valdese from Hampton Inn, Morganton are: Interstate 40 East to exit 111, follow exit to the right and cross the interstate bridge, go to end of road at red light and turn left, and Myra's will be 2 blocks on right.
Launch times for the lake each day will be up to the individuals. Cell phone service will be minimal depending on your carrier.
You can PM me if you need any additional information.

Jr Jetter
06-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Jerry, what are the directions for those not wanting the longer ride to the island (and from interstate) ? I am talking about the ramp next to the bridge, nearest the island ? Might be good to give these directions as an alternative for the gas guzzlers and/or limited supply hot rods (lol).
Regarding the island (your comment "if we get the same island")....ahhhh....I will have the "***boat" sign in attendance !!!! We will take it over if needed...as always......its ours !!!!!!

MarKist
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Damn.....................Huffer!!go easy Bro!that all sounds good ,and Jr's got a point on the other acess,and we'll take the island ,don't worry bout that!
Markist

MISS KITTY
06-22-2005, 10:29 PM
:rollside: :rollside: Keep your pants on you guys. We will drive the route from the interstate and get precise directions and post them by this weekend. There are alot of turns that way, we wouldn't want anyone to get lost. :rollside: :rollside:

Huffer
06-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Driving direction to Canal Bridge Access from Hampton Inn -
Interstate 40 west for 12.3 miles, get off exit 94 - Dysartsville Road - turn right at top of ramp - go 6/10th mile to dead end - turn left onto Hwy 70 and go 1.8 miles - turn right onto Bridgewater Road (follow sign for Lake James State Park) - go 1.3 miles to stop sign - turn left onto Benfields Landing Road - go 2.3 miles until road dead ends and turn left, Canal Bridge Access is 1/10th of mile on right or you can go 1.2 miles past Canal Bridge Access on right and park at Hidden Cove Access (open hours are 8:00am - 9:00pm).
Ramp time 10:00 am. The earlier you get there, the better chance for a parking place. Was at Lake James today and it was packed.
Food for Saturday Night needed:
Paper Plates, cups, plastic ware, napkins
desserts, chips, hamburger buns, drinks, ice
We will be bringing the Bar B Que, sauce and Cole Slaw.
Eating places on same exit as Hampton Inn:
Elpaso (mexican); Sonic; Coffee House; Fatz; Western Sizzlin; Ables Family Resturant (formaly Shoney's);Harbor Inn Seafood;Uptowns BBQ and sandwiches.
I'm sure you will let me know if I forgot anything. :rolleyes:

Jr Jetter
06-29-2005, 02:45 AM
For Saturday night, bringing the following....
Paper plates
Plastic cups
Plasticware
Rolls of paper towels (napkins)
Chips (various indiv. bags)
Potato Salad (Miss Robin Cool's)
Some soft drinks (coke, sprint, code red)
and of course BEER !!!
Almost time to go, its getting close..... :D

Huffer
06-29-2005, 10:16 AM
THANKS FOR THE REPLY! SEE YA SOON!

Roostertail
06-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Is everyone getting ready for Lake James?? I am packing now so I can leave early Friday morning and meet Wideopen for the trip to NC. We will see you there!!
PS I am bringing the gas powered blender so we can fix some drinks!!!!

wideopen545
06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
i will have the grill ,paper plates forks and spoons. hotdogs and buns
and my favorite sandwich turkey, ham cheese,bologna and tina

wideopen545
06-29-2005, 03:54 PM
weather update
Thu
Jun 30 Isolated T-Storms
91°/71° 30%
91 °F
Fri
Jul 1 Scattered T-Storms
92°/70° 40%
92 °F
Sat
Jul 2 Partly Cloudy
89°/66° 20%
89 °F
Sun
Jul 3 Isolated T-Storms
83°/67° 30%
83 °F
Mon
Jul 4 Isolated T-Storms
85°/67° 30%
85 °F
Tue
Jul 5 Isolated T-Storms
86°/67° 30%
86 °F

promod
06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
we'll be leaving around 9am on friday so be there around lunch, it will be us and mr and mrs warhawk rollin together, will pick up what ever we need for dinner so figure it out when it gets there, anybody need me to bring anything from home ?? just asking ;)

MarKist
06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
we will be ther Fri morning ! Damn I'm glad Danny and Monica are comming ,Rooster see ya there Bro!! what about the Mike and Jamie?????
Markist

promod
06-30-2005, 03:35 AM
hey makist i think mike and jamie are staying at home this time that 's what i heard anyway but you know mike he may change his mind at the last minute hope he does, we all need to rag him to come on so maybe he will come :messedup:

Lady Warhawk
06-30-2005, 04:10 AM
we will be ther Fri morning ! Damn I'm glad Danny and Monica are comming ,Rooster see ya there Bro!! what about the Mike and Jamie?????
Markist
Mike, and Jamie, Amy, and Alan won't be making this trip. Alan has to work, and Mike is working on his camper. They all plan on coming back in Oct though.
From what I see about the weather in Morganton for Thunder on the James, it's going to be true. Bring your umbrella's :cry:
We're going to get what we need once we get there. If we get it all now, Danny would have to strap me to the hood of the truck like a deer :eek:
Looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

MrsMarKist
06-30-2005, 08:52 AM
We are packing now... just got back from picking up a few items.. hot dogs, beer brats, mac. salad , chips, dips, all condiments... plasticware, drinks, plenty of beer... sandwich stuff and veggies.... We will be leaving in the morning..THE WHOLE FAMILY!! Me, Markist, 2 kids and 2 dogs... what a trip this is going to be!!!!!!!!! See everyone soon....
Jamie and Mike get your sh*t packed and come on up!!!!!
All you need to bring is yourself and the boat!!!! :mix: :mix:

Huffer
06-30-2005, 09:44 AM
ALREADY HERE WAITING ON EVERYONE! 1.41PM ON THE WAY TO THE LAKE
NOW SEE YALL SOON!VAC TIME AGAIN ALREADY :p COME ON LURCH
AND JAMIE WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YALL :devil:

sleekcraft76
06-30-2005, 05:50 PM
DAM!! yall are ruff ease up on me .we will just have to come.

Jr Jetter
07-01-2005, 02:56 AM
DAM!! yall are ruff ease up on me .we will just have to come.
:D :D

MizBubba
07-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Wish we could come. :frown: It would've been a good birthday present! Alan's on call this weekend, so we'll celebrate at home, this year. :hammer2: Ya'll make sure to take lots of pictures!

Huffer
07-01-2005, 04:54 AM
SEE YALL NEXT TIME :supp: ALRIGHT LURCH,THOUGHT YA MIGHT MAKE IT :supp: SEE YA SOON! JUST WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE SAME! EVERYONE BE SAFE ON THE TRIP DOWN!