PDA

View Full Version : PayPal fraudulent e-mail

78Southwind
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
I just got this fraudulent e-mail. You would think that they would have used spell-check before sending this out.
Dear valued PayPal速 member,
Due to recent fraudulent transactions, we have issued the following security requirements.
It has come to our attion that 95% of all fraudulent transactions are caused by members using stolen credit cards to purchase or sell non existant items. Thus we require our members to add a Debit/Check card to their billing records as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. Your Debit/Check card will only be used to identify you. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records you will not run into any future problems with the PayPal速 service. However, failure to confirm your records will result in your account suspension.
Once you have updated your account records your pending PayPal速 account transactions will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.
To update your billing records please login to your account by clicking here.
Thank you for your time,
PayPal速 Billing Department.

BADASS38CHEVY
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
We sell on ebay.When paypal sends emails the always write your name to start the email.I get those all the time.

Wonderboy
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Make sure you always click on the little lock on the bottom of the screen too to make sure the certificate is good and the site isn't being hi-jacked.

78Southwind
06-22-2005, 09:16 PM
What really sucks is that I received a real e-mail from PayPal earlier kind of strange that they were sent on the same day and just an hour difference in time.

dmontzsta
06-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I get around 2-3 of those per day, along with the ebay, credit cards and banks. I dont pay any attention to that crap. If they want to talk they have my number.

Ziggy
06-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Seems they paid little "attention" to make sure the "existing" script was proof read. :rolleyes:
I get dozens of those weekly...the stupid part is some come from supposed Institutions I have no account with :messedup: .....delete :smile:

Wonderboy
06-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Seems they paid little "attention" to make sure the "existing" script was proof read. :rolleyes:
I get dozens of those weekly...the stupid part is some come from supposed Institutions I have no account with :messedup: .....delete :smile:
I've received a few of those as well. I forwarded a couple of them to the Federal Trade commission (spam@uce.gov ). I don't know if it does anything but I figured I would do it anyway.