PDA

View Full Version : New Camaro?

Freak
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=31&threadID=16883
What ya think. I like 1 and 3. Which means we will end up with bland #2. Build it and they will come.

lucky
06-23-2005, 12:29 PM
change the roof line on one - and i'd think about it -- better looking then the last generation

Boozer
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
1 and 3 are the best. I'd probably buy one if the price was right. However I'm sure GM is just going to f*ck it up and build some ugly POS like number 2 and then wonder why nobody is buying them.
Number 1 and Number 3 could be EXACTLY what GM needs to boost their car sales and profits.

NorCal Gameshow
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
number one, except the front looks a little too much like the new 'stang

a catered life
06-23-2005, 12:31 PM
all are really cool 1 looks to much like the new mustang 3 looks to old so i guess 2 wins with me :wink:

NOTALENT
06-23-2005, 12:31 PM
they all look bitchen...ford is going back to the boon docks where they belong if these babies get released!!! :cool:

Wonderboy
06-23-2005, 12:35 PM
The front end on #2 looks too much like the truck. I like #1 the most.

Liberator TJ1984
06-23-2005, 12:44 PM
#3 is badass .... :D BUT it would look alot meaner with the ' 67 RS style blacked out grill and hideaway lights :idea:

EXTRMBT
06-23-2005, 01:12 PM
They will fock it all up. It will end up being a cobalt with a 350 under the hood :frown:

SHOTKALLIN
06-23-2005, 01:16 PM
If they produce the one in the first pic, I'm buyin the SS! That is FOCKIN HOT!

cdog
06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
#1 has some lines of the 69 in the rear and the front grill.. I like it. I'll take one of those with a twin turbo LS6 and a Tremec 6 speed...Thank you.

HCS
06-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Being a Camero fan. I like to see it come back. But in a bad ass way. Not some freaking 4 door like the New Dodge Charger. :hammerhea

cdog
06-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I'd be proud to park #1 next to my 67 in the garage......

NastyOne
06-23-2005, 01:38 PM
#1 is the shiat!
It will probably come with an automatic 2.0 POS motor.

Rod-64
06-23-2005, 01:39 PM
#3 is horrible...............looks like the blue smiling M&M.

havaduner
06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
#1 and #3 are cool. #2 looks cheesy, and underpowered.......................
Yep, they'll build #2!

Brian Ray
06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
If they come out with #1 I just might think about giving up my '96 Impala SS.... :wink: But they better put some hp behind which ever they produce or they won't sell worth a sh*t. Oh, it better be rear wheel drive..... :hammer2:

unleashed
06-23-2005, 02:00 PM
#1 looks freaking tight. I was never a camero man but I might just become one if they choose that style. My dad had a couple of bad ass GTO's growing up. I couldnt wait for the new style but Pontiac definitly screwed that up.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

SummitKarl
06-23-2005, 02:08 PM
they all look bitchen...ford is going back to the boon docks where they belong if these babies get released!!! :cool:
ain't no "CHEBY"!! even come close in a race to whats in my avitar. at least not one you can legaly drive on the street.
First On Race Day :D

Kim Hanson
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
1 & 3 are good that middle one looks like something RiceBoy would think about...........( . )( . )............ :p

RiverOtter
06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=31&threadID=16883
What ya think. I like 1 and 3. Which means we will end up with bland #2. Build it and they will come.
I agree GM doesn't have the stones to do 1 or 3 (and I own a Burb not a Ford) like Ford did with the Stang.

Captain Dan
06-23-2005, 02:16 PM
They all look like fords....

ROZ
06-23-2005, 02:30 PM
I think they'd all look good with wings on them!

Kilrtoy
06-23-2005, 02:30 PM
I like this retro one
http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-16883-364927-11672/nextgencamaro1.jpg

Tom Brown
06-23-2005, 02:33 PM
I like this retro one
Me too but there's no way they'd release a car with meats that big on the back. Pussys.

HCS
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Me too but there's no way they'd release a car with meats that big on the back. Pussys.
Maybe a Mc Claren.

Sanger D
06-23-2005, 03:16 PM
hands down the 3rd one is IT!!!!! all aluminum small block, 6 speed tranny with a independent rearend and a vette would be out!!! the lines of that blue one are 100% retro and future in one package!!!!the car is frickin mean lookin,the others look like yuppie fag cars,wich means thats what it will probably end up looking like. :hammerhea

NorCal Gameshow
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
I hope they don't offer it with a underpowered v-6, or four banger and white walls :frown:
I had some visitors from so-cal last week on their way back there fairly new mustang's rear end grenaded. I had a flashback of this:http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KsDncAHHLDoJ:bradbarnett.net/mustangs/wallpaper/74-78/1976CobraIIWhite.jpg

HCS
06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
I hope they don't offer it with a underpowered v-6, or four banger and white walls :frown:
I had some visitors from so-cal last week on their way back there mustang's rear end grenaded. I had a flashback of this:http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KsDncAHHLDoJ:bradbarnett.net/mustangs/wallpaper/74-78/1976CobraIIWhite.jpg
I hear the may bring back the in-line 6 just for that car. :rollside:

NorCal Gameshow
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I hear the my bring back the in-line 6 just for that car. :rollside:
way back when, I had a customer that had a mid-60's el camino with high compression pistons, lopy cam and lot's a chrome....sounded real nice$$$$$
great,but it still was only a six banger :hammerhea

02HoWaRd26
06-23-2005, 03:36 PM
# 1 is so clean it is totaly old school yet serious muscle car, #2 looks like a solaro fro toyota, #3 is to much like they tried to build a 2068. # 1 wins here

HCS
06-23-2005, 03:40 PM
way back when, I had a customer that had a mid-60's el camino with high compression pistons, lopy cam and lot's a chrome....sounded real nice$$$$$
great,but it still was only a six banger :hammerhea
Maybe they could put all those left over Cosworth Vega motors in it. :idea:

NorCal Gameshow
06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Maybe they could put all those left over Cosworth Vega motors in it. :idea:
My second car was a vega...Too bad I was only 15...But, that delco radio rocked sitting in the driveway :D :D :D

HCS
06-23-2005, 03:49 PM
My second car was a vega...Too bad I was only 15...But, that delco radio rocked sitting in the driveway :D :D :D
That's about it, to the end of the driveway. Those motors cracked me up. They looked like a v8 sawed in half.

NorCal Gameshow
06-23-2005, 03:53 PM
That's about it, to the end of the driveway. Those motors cracked me up. They looked like a v8 sawed in half.
maybe the cosworth was a little different:
http://www.adclassix.com/images/75cosworthvega.jpg

Flyinbowtie
06-23-2005, 04:04 PM
I like 1 and 3, but probably 1 the best.
2 looks alot like most of the cars out there today, like it was squeezed out of a tube of toothpaste, and the tube went dry about 80% of the way through the job.
I'm 46, and miss the musclecar days big time. The neighborhood in Long Beach that I grew up in during the late sixties and 70's was almost all car nuts. I took my behind the wheel test for my drivers license in 1975 in a very nice 1970 El Camino SS 454 with a Muncie. The nitwit at DMV paid more attention to the Cowl Induction Hood when it was opening and closing than he did to my driving..
The Mustang is a great step in the right direction, and when the blown Shelby GT 500 version hits the market in '07, I am going to have to chain myself to a tree or something to keep from buying one. One of the best things about the new 'Stang is that it might force Generous Motors to get off of their corporate butts and build a car with some character and style, something they haven't done for a long time. (Corvette excluded, obviously) I drove one of those new GTO-Holden things, and was not really impressed. Toothpaste-tube car, it just didn't inspire me at all. The mustang was responsible for the first incarnation of the Camaro, wouldn't it be ironic if history repeated itself?
One of those new all-aluminum 427's coupled to a 6 speed in a retro Z-28 Camaro would be awesome...Then, maybe Mopar will be forced to build a new Challenger/'Cuda and stuff a real Hemi in it, something that displaces in excess of 400 cubic inches, and then perhaps Chevy will strike back with a big-block RWD Monte Carlo, and Ford will return to it's Glory days with a new Thunderbolt, powered by a blown boss EFI SOHC engine.
I think the smart folks in Detroit and Dearborn are just now starting to figure out that us 45+ boomers are the ones who are gonna have the $ to spend on these things, because our kids are pretty much up and running, and we wanna go play like we did in the 60's and 70's. They have made a pile of money on the truck lines for years, and while we all need the truck/SUV deal to pull our other toys around we want some real damn cars to drive. Cars with 500 EFI HP that will get 25 MPG, and remind us of the 67-70 something V-8 solid-lifter 4 speed posi rear drive rumpity-rump car we had as kids, but without the blown header gaskets to change and lifters to adjust every three or four weeks.
And if they were real forward-thinking, they would realize that alot of us have raised our kids on storys of that era, and when they get the $ to buy their dream toys, my boys are gonna want V-8's, and will build them themselves if the showrooms don't have them. Hooking this generation now will go a long way towards helping the automakers survive in the future.
Alot of my generation are heading to the street rod market, and building our dream rides in that venue, because our fathers introduced us to hot rods of that era. We like the no smog crap to deal with, and an engine that looks familiar to us. When we finally got smart/old enough to really tune a Holley double pumper, cars stopped coming with carbs all together.
I think the Camaro thing probably really starting burning at GM again when Hot Rod Magazine had a fiberglass convertable 69 Camaro body on the cover late last year.
The glass 69 Camaro is going to be the 32 Ford of the musclecar era.
I have really worked to cut my personal list down, and only have about 5 more cars I absolutely must build/possess before I die. A 34 Ford 3-window coupe, 351C 4-speed, black, Halibrands, etc. A 32 Roadster highboy, black satin primer, 3/8 by 3/8 flathead, (got it) 4 speed and a period correct quickchange out back,(got it, too) and a dropped I-beam axle on hairpins in the front.
My 56 F-100 I've owned since I was 17. It is in the garage and I am getting going on it after waiting 15 years.It is going to have a 460 with a C-6 and Jag IRS.
Then, I need to do a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 351c 4-speed, dark Met. blue with black interior and a shaker scoop,
And maybe, if I have time, one more..a 1970 Plymouth Cuda, black, 440, 4 speed with that shifter that you wind up changing channels on the radio about half the time, when your trying to powershift into 3rd..
Yeah I'm dreaming...but it feels good. I think I'll grab a beer and go out in the garage and tinker with the 40 sedan that is next to the 56.
Cars man, that is what life is all about...

spectras only
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
I've heard , Dodge will make a retro Challenger [copying ford a little late :D ] .Used to have a 72 340 ,Hurst grip and a motorola stereo casette recorder w/mike :cool:
My kid will be all over bugging me to get one of those :hammer2: . That Camaro will never look like #1 or #2 . They [ GM ] using some 15 year olds to come up with their designs :sleeping:

spectras only
06-23-2005, 04:12 PM
way through the job.
The Mustang is a great step in the right direction, and when the blown Shelby GT 500 version hits the market in '07, I am going to have to chain myself to a tree or something to keep from buying one. Cars man, that is what life is all about...
Buddy put a deposit down for one . There will only be 8 of them coming to vancouver .I can hardly wait for the ride ;)

ELIMINAT THIS
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM
1 AND 3 are bad ass. Jay Photoglu can I order two,one hard top one drop top. :rollside: Paging Dustin. :D

Flyinbowtie
06-23-2005, 04:18 PM
S.O.;
Maybe Hertz will get a few and rent them out, ya know?
Maybe Ford will make 'em a few GT-500H's, just like the old days... :D

spectras only
06-23-2005, 04:23 PM
We just had a show & shine in Mission [ greater vancouver area] last sunday . Tons of corvettes and mustangs . There was a GT 350 with Carol's signature on the airfilter and glove compartment door.The coolest rod was a 37 chevy split window ,with fabbed headligths of chromed skulls :D .The good ol days are gone for joyrides like the Hertz stangs :rolleyes:

doesitfloat?
06-23-2005, 04:40 PM
number one, except the front looks a little too much like the new 'stang
Exactly my first reaction too.

meaniam
06-23-2005, 08:48 PM
ain't no "CHEBY"!! even come close in a race to whats in my avitar. at least not one you can legaly drive on the street.
becarful what you brag about you will find there is always someone with something bigger and badder. and i am sure it will have a bowtie on it. i would attempt fate with your car and feel fairly cocky. as far as street legal it is registered with historic plates exhast can run radials wont stick to ground. but get away with sticky icky slicks. sometimes she dont want to go str8 i belive every poo poo have seen it and either givin me thumps up or asked to open her up for them. so i would think i would be considered street able. but by any means will i say im the baddest ass to walk an any form. by far you are not. but i do give you this it is a nice car, and you have reason to be proud.

Dawn Patrol
06-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I sure in the H*ll would not buy number 2, it looks like everything GM is building these days.
I really like how Ford has redone the Mustang.,

victorfb
06-23-2005, 09:19 PM
id buy #3 in a "heart beat". it would look killer sittin next to my 67 SS350. #1 looks like the 69 and is my runner up. you can take #2 and toss it in the Gremlin, Pacer pile.

HCS
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I sure in the H*ll would not buy number 2, it looks like everything GM is building these days.
I really like how Ford has redone the Mustang.,
You got that right! #2 sucks! I really don't like any of them myself. :frown:

Garrddogg
06-23-2005, 09:42 PM
I would through down cash in a heartbeat for #3

piper
06-23-2005, 09:57 PM
#3 is the best looking one. I'd like to get one.

DryHeatOnly
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I'd go #1 then #3...both look badass.
#2 looks like a small Cadillac CTS which probably means they'll build it :hammerhea
Hey, they ruined the look of the trucks with the hard edges :jawdrop: , why not totally destroy the comeback of a legend?!

rivergoer
06-24-2005, 12:12 AM
#1 is the tits #2 ****ing blows dogs(no pun intended frenchie) #3 is bad ass but #1 is th best ****in rad!!!! by the way who uses rad nowadys? :D

ahhell
06-24-2005, 05:38 AM
I prefer Orange....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/151806camaro.jpg

HOSS
06-24-2005, 05:46 AM
#1,,,all the way,,, and coat anything with Hugger Orange and its cool. #2 is the most likely candidate stuffed with a POS 3.8. Why not GM builds so many. GM trash is what you`ll get or the price will keep everyone away. #3 is more of a retro AMX. Cool but doesn`t have Camaro screaming from it.
All in all it`ll cost too much so don`t get your hopes up. They`ll do a V8 LT1 but it`ll be so damn sensored and smogged that aftermarket companies will charge way more than a Mustang for parts.
I just wish GM would hurry up and file the Chapter so as the labor unions can finally fall apart. After that GM can start thinking about building quality vehicles again. But then again, just before they come out with it the Chinese will already have the market flooded with the same phuckin` thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just for a lot less money.

a catered life
06-24-2005, 06:10 AM
If they come out with #1 I just might think about giving up my '96 Impala SS.... :wink: But they better put some hp behind which ever they produce or they won't sell worth a sh*t. Oh, it better be rear wheel drive..... :hammer2:
if you want to get rid of the impala let me know :p

Freak
06-24-2005, 06:14 AM
I just wish GM would hurry up and file the Chapter so as the labor unions can finally fall apart. After that GM can start thinking about building quality vehicles again.
YOU got it. They will not put out anything a majority would want until they rid themselfs of the pesky unions. They are running themselfs into the ground on purpose.

MagicMtnDan
06-24-2005, 06:26 AM
<iframe src="http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=31&threadID=16883" width="900" height="500"></iframe>

sorry dog
06-24-2005, 07:23 AM
I like #1 and especially #3 and would love to see them on the road...but even if I had the dough I wouldn't buy any of them. Same problem as the last model for me is that look to boy racerish or Hey Look At Me styling.
That's why I like the new Caddy's...fast but not obnoxious. I think there is an opening for a domestic 3 series (rear drive 4 door) Bimmer type car under more basic (cheaper) equipment level than Cadillac.
I'd buy that, but right now at Camry with a supercharger and 5 speed would be my best option. Bimmers are cool but sure seem pricy for what you get.

Chase
06-24-2005, 07:42 AM
I am all for #3..lets hope it happens

HOSS
06-24-2005, 07:53 AM
YOU got it. They will not put out anything a majority would want until they rid themselfs of the pesky unions. They are running themselfs into the ground on purpose.
yeah,,,,you keep beleiving that,,,,,,,Damn glad I never got that bowtie tatoo,,,,,,GM sells trash,,,,,,I should know,,,,I was a line teck for 8yrs at Oldsmobile.

SummitKarl
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
becarful what you brag about you will find there is always someone with something bigger and badder. and i am sure it will have a bowtie on it. i would attempt fate with your car and feel fairly cocky. as far as street legal it is registered with historic plates exhast can run radials wont stick to ground. but get away with sticky icky slicks. sometimes she dont want to go str8 i belive every poo poo have seen it and either givin me thumps up or asked to open her up for them. so i would think i would be considered street able. but by any means will i say im the baddest ass to walk an any form. by far you are not. but i do give you this it is a nice car, and you have reason to be proud.
that lil'Falcon is "ALL ALU"...... and weighs in at 2180lbs ,trick flow 347 cid,5spd 9"w/big gears, 4whl disk, rack&pinion....etc and will carry the front end through 4th, even with my 250lb fat a$$ in it.
if you want to see what a 4 gear Launch/burnout looks like http://www.onesummernighthavasu.com/PICTURES.html and find Karls burnout, keep in mind that was a 135mph burnout

Freak
06-24-2005, 09:18 AM
that lil'Falcon is "ALL ALU"...... and weighs in at 2180lbs ,trick flow 347 cid,5spd 9"w/big gears, 4whl disk, rack&pinion....etc and will carry the front end through 4th, even with my 250lb fat a$$ in it.
if you want to see what a 4 gear Launch/burnout looks like http://www.onesummernighthavasu.com/PICTURES.html and find Karls burnout, keep in mind that was a 135mph burnout
link no workie - i wanna see - have it anywhere else?

SummitKarl
06-24-2005, 09:26 AM
link no workie - i wanna see - have it anywhere else?
you need "quicktime" to view it, it just takes a bit to download. I will try to up load the file to the image center but I think it's too big.

Brian Ray
06-24-2005, 09:53 AM
:sleeping:

Deano
06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Maybe in Havasu...I see chevys every day that would smoke those tires that you have on right down to rim. Nice car though (for a Ford) ;)

SummitKarl
06-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Maybe in Havasu...I see chevys every day that would smoke those tires that you have on right down to rim. Nice car though (for a Ford) ;)
yea I smoked them down to the rims well...chords in 15sec, and that was the idea, I wasn't going to waste $160 a piece 17" tires, (that the manufacture no longer makes) just for entertainment, so stock 14's it was, next year will be 4 (300lb guys in the car) and a 5th gear launch.
BTW according to Hot Rod Mag Havasu has the highest hot rod count per capita in the U.S. so we got plenty of the cheby things out here, but the ones worthy of raceing sit on trailers, alot of old men with money and tallent

Sleek-Jet
06-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm tired of this retro bullshit... I vote for number 2.
It's a moot point anyway, GM won't market the car (other than the initial introduction blitz... when was the last time you saw a GTO commercial???) so it'll die off just like all the rest have. That way they can build a few more trucks and SUV's...

SummitKarl
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm tired of this retro bullshit... I vote for number 2.
It's a moot point anyway, GM won't market the car (other than the initial introduction blitz... when was the last time you saw a GTO commercial???) so it'll die off just like all the rest have. That way they can build a few more trucks and SUV's...
I think it's way cool that the big3, are returning to their styling roots, whats even more amazing is how much power they are squeezing out these days from the factory, driven a "Rumble Bee" lately!!!! perty sure one of those could yank the trailer out from under just about any boat :D 4yrs ago when I saw the concept pics from Ford for mustang and the new GT, I said the same thing "NO WAY" but as I am typing this I am drooling out the window at my neighbors band new 500hp Mustang. SO I VOTE FOR No.3 the lines on it just say Camaro.

Kim Hanson
06-24-2005, 11:24 AM
I had some visitors from so-cal last week on their way back there fairly new mustang's rear end grenaded. I had a flashback of this:http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KsDncAHHLDoJ:bradbarnett.net/mustangs/wallpaper/74-78/1976CobraIIWhite.jpg
I had a new Cobra II with a 302 in it, it was pretty quick if you could keep the tires from hopping..........( . )( . )........... :D

Kim Hanson
06-24-2005, 11:37 AM
yea I smoked them down to the rims well...chords in 15sec, and that was the idea, I wasn't going to waste $160 a piece 17" tires, (that the manufacture no longer makes) just for entertainment, so stock 14's it was, next year will be 4 (300lb guys in the car) and a 5th gear launch.
BTW according to Hot Rod Mag Havasu has the highest hot rod count per capita in the U.S. so we got plenty of the cheby things out here, but the ones worthy of raceing sit on trailers, alot of old men with money and tallent
That was pretty cool, I had a 57 chevy with alot of work done to it and with a 557 rearend you didn't even need blocks out front to smoke them right off. We use to have smoke job competions in the malls around here, the one that comes to mind was this 62 Acadian with a 427 in it, flip front end and linelock...etc, that thing went till it blew the 50 series tires right off of it..I miss the good ole days..thanks for a run down memory lane...Now I feel old :D :D ........( . )( . )........naw,,,,,, :cool:

HighRoller
06-24-2005, 05:35 PM
#3 is badass .... :D BUT it would look alot meaner with the ' 67 RS style blacked out grill and hideaway lights :idea:
Now you're talkin. I had a 68 RS with hideaways and always loved the look when the doors were closed. But knowing GM, the new Camaro will have a Cobalt front end, Monte Carlos body and Cadillac taillights. If it wasn't for their trucks and the Vette they'd be totally bankrupt.

meaniam
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM
havent seen the video yet but if it is you smoking a set of 14 in stockers oh wait i just saw the video. whoppie i do that easy. pulling a wheelie simple could do that with a 450 hp full frame 3200 lbs car by removing say bars changing spring and getting wieght transfer and tire hook up/ i saw a modeled school bus at pomona do it down the 1/4 mile whole way it is nice to see a car like yours. it is clean.but dont come on annoncing you are the world bad ass and your car is this and that and no one will top you. itll happen route 66 mike cook and his dually every year he melts pavement burn his tire tell there is no rim. i slide across his fresh pothole during freestyle burnouts smoking tires can be done with a yugo.

Miss Perfect
06-26-2005, 10:46 PM
I like # 3.

Blown Spectra
06-26-2005, 10:55 PM
#1 all the wayyyyy

DUNDUN
06-26-2005, 11:12 PM
i like #1 and #3 alot, #2 looked a little off for me, i dont know, i dont like the lines on it, the more and more i look at #3 i like it less and less, i like the rear end alot, but i dont think it looks super camaroish, it seems like something more off of an old vette, and the front end looks like something off of a new cadillac... so i guess #1 is my pick minus the fender flairs in the back n shit.. and i would take it over a new stang any day of the week.. just my pointless opinion...

DUNDUN
06-26-2005, 11:17 PM
they should put the headlights of number three on the grill of number one too, that would be sick.