PDA

View Full Version : re: 26' Shockwave cat

syke-o
06-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone have any experience with this boat??? like how it handles, what kinds of speeds with a 496ho set up, approximate price.... i cheked them out at the boat show earlier this year, but havent seen anyone on the boards pick one up yet or i havent seen a wrie up on one yet.. unless of course i missed something, which is most likely the case...

INSman
06-23-2005, 01:09 PM
There is a good chance that Barry over at Shockwave has answers to all of your questions !! :supp: :idea: :D

syke-o
06-23-2005, 01:14 PM
There is a good chance that Barry over at Shockwave has answers to all of your questions !! :supp: :idea: :D
ya i now... just wanted to kinda get some other perpectives.. i know i can always call the factory and they will usually tell me what i want to hear, just seein if anyone out there(besides the owner of shockwave) has any feedback... thanks though :)

dicudmore
06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
the bottom looks "familiar" :wink:
I've only seen one on the water, but it should run very well :D

Kilrtoy
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I asked a guy for a ride , I think he had the first one...
he said sure, bring beer and chicks and he was serious...
needless to say I never got my ride....

redneckgirl
06-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I know there were a few at last years regatta... July 30 is the Shockwave Regatta...if you are at Havasu that weekend I am sure you would get your info and probably a ride.
Or call Jenifer or Barry and ask if you could get some name and #'s of the cat owners.
:D :D
RNG

syke-o
06-23-2005, 02:49 PM
i havent even seen one on the water or talked to anyone that owns one... but thanks everyone so far...

rivercrazy
06-23-2005, 02:56 PM
IMO its one of the best looking mid sized cats out there.
Last I read, it ran 70 with a stock 496HO. About what you'd expect from a cat that size.

Kilrtoy
06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I have been in a closed bow and they are big underneath... Very big for a cat, very nice lines and of course the very nice shockwave touch.....

24ROD
06-23-2005, 04:45 PM
:idea: Are we thinkin bigger boat for the bigger family? Or are we thinkin bigger boat to fill up with Ladies? :cool:

INSman
06-23-2005, 06:43 PM
ya i now... just wanted to kinda get some other perpectives.. i know i can always call the factory and they will usually tell me what i want to hear, just seein if anyone out there(besides the owner of shockwave) has any feedback... thanks though :)
Just for the record, Barry is NOT the owner of Shockwave and I would highly doubt he would yell you anything to sell you the boat that he did not believe to be true.

24ROD
06-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Just for the record, Barry is NOT the owner of Shockwave and I would highly doubt he would yell you anything to sell you the boat that he did not believe to be true.
You must be kidding! :rolleyes: A sales guy not tell the truth :rollside:

INSman
06-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I know, hard to believe. But they are a quality MFG. , and it only takes one bad experience to hurt a company of this size, therefore, precluding them from taking this kind of gamble. I think most if not all on these boards could attest to Barry's credibility and honesty.

Garrddogg
06-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Barry is a stand up guy he would tell you the truth !!
He wouldnt lie to make a sale!! :D

purrfecttremor
06-24-2005, 03:21 AM
ive seen two this summer at havasu and one at the boat show and it looked
nice!