PDA

View Full Version : Lakers move up to 5th draft position.

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Again looks like the Lakers are slowly rebuilding their team. Lot of good talent out there this year. Lakers will be in the playoffs next year while the Clippers..... will still be the Clippers.

OutCole'd
06-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Where do you read this stuff?

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Where do you read this stuff?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/index
Traded with Charlotte.

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Any amount of money. :D
IM me with your thoughts!

rivercrazy
06-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Spoken from someone who thinks the Clippers will be a contender next year - NOT!

All IN
06-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Shockwave Bob--what Do You Know About Basketball?? Not Much. If Kobe Wasn't Injured Thisseason ,the Lakers Would Have Made The Playoffs. And If They Could Move Up To The 5th Pick And Get A Player Who Could Make A Impact This Year, They Will For Sure Make The Playoffs. Maybe Even A Top 3 Seed.

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 02:28 PM
IM me with your thoughts!
I meant about the bet

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Even as a die-hard Lakers fan I don't see the Lakers being a 3 seed in the West. You've got San Antonio, Phx, Seattle, that will be better. On the same level you've got Sacto, Dallas and my surprise team for next year will be Golden State.

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 02:44 PM
They will have a good young team with some decent veterans next year.

rivercrazy
06-23-2005, 02:46 PM
The Clips will do what they always do. Make bad trades and make excuses for their subpar record. They haven't made the playoffs since Larry Brown was a coach. That was the only year they were 1/2 way decent. But what have then done since that year?
Their history doesn't speak volumes here.
But I would love to see them succeed. But that will never happen with Donald Sterling.....

rivercrazy
06-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm not a Clipper hater. I actually root for them. Its just a fruitless effort on my part....
What about letting their best player go to Phx last season while they had their head in the sand and thought they could get Kobe? Everyone knew Kobe would never go to the Clips.

All IN
06-23-2005, 02:56 PM
THE CLIPPERS HAVE THE STERLING CURSE. AS LONG AS HE OWNS THE TEAM THEY WON'T GO ANYWHERE. wHAT THEY HAD 1 PLAYOFF APPERENCE (UNDER LARRY BROWN).WE HAVE A BOX AT STAPLES CENTER AND ON CLIPPERS NIGHT WHEN i GIVE TICKET AWAY EVERYBODY ASK WHO ARE THEY PLAYIN. THE ONLY CLIPPERS FANS OUT THERE ARE REALLY LAKERS FANS WHO CAN'T AFFORD THERE TICKET.
A 3 SEED IS VERY POSSIBLE IF THEY PICK UP AN IMPACT PLAYER IN THE DRAFT.

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I hate to break this to you, but the Clippers haven't made a bad trade in a few years and they, as previously stated, have EVERYBODY signed for the opening of camp.
You can be a Clipper hater or a Laker homer, but there's not a single real basketball person in the country that would take the Lakers current roster over the Clippers. Unlike the Clippers, the Lakers don't have a ton of cap room either, so it's draft and trade Odom and that's all the better they're getting next season.
And they haven't made any good pickups either. I'll agree with you about taking the "current" clipper roster over the lakers (if one excludes Kobe).

All IN
At Least The Lakers Have A Past.

rivercrazy
LOL! What have the Clips done in the last 5 years, 3 years, last year? The same thing they will do this coming season. I hope I'm wrong but their track record sucks....
Richardson wanted out cause he know the team was going NOWHERE. And the Clips basically just let him walk.....

totenhosen
06-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, I looked for the trade announcement and can't find anything.
Richardson may be traded to NY for Thomas
#3 seed....LOL Now that's funny. Not a chance in hell.
Laker fans always talk about the past. I repeat again "What have you done for me lately"
end of story.......
And what have the Clippers EVER DONE!

dmontzsta
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, I looked for the trade announcement and can't find anything.
Richardson may be traded to NY for Thomas
#3 seed....LOL Now that's funny. Not a chance in hell.
Laker fans always talk about the past. I repeat again "What have you done for me lately"
end of story.......
Ask that same question to the clippers, better yet take out the lately. haha

Boat Loan Guy
06-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Dilligaf posted this.
I thought only Raider fan talked about the past...
I have been a laker fan for 20 years I have seen the good and the bad of the lakers, all I can say for this move is that at least they are starting to go in the right direction.

ssmike
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Shockwave Bob--what Do You Know About Basketball?? Not Much. If Kobe Wasn't Injured Thisseason ,the Lakers Would Have Made The Playoffs. And If They Could Move Up To The 5th Pick And Get A Player Who Could Make A Impact This Year, They Will For Sure Make The Playoffs. Maybe Even A Top 3 Seed.
This is the funniest shit I have read in a month. All in, you have way too many screen names...

All IN
06-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Too Many Screen Names , What Are You Talking About???

rivercrazy
06-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Well its safe to say I got my opinion and you got your SB.
Still hoping the clips do better this year.

rivercrazy
06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
OK one of their best players..... :rollside:
The only real top tier player they have is Brand. But he's not a go to guy that is capable of breaking them over the top. He's a reliable 20/10 guy and that is very respectable but.....
They don't have the talent, depth, coaching, ownership, or experience to effectively compete with the better teams - east or west coast.
That is the unfortunate bottom line.

Kiddunot
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Anyone that wants to put there money where there mouth is, i challenge you. 200.00 sez lakers make the playoffs. Not win but they will make it. They will pick up someone good, plus they have the best coach in the NBA.
Lets do it!!!!!

totenhosen
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Hey, whatever deal they had with Charlotte, must have fallen through. I noticed that the Lakers were picking 10 yesterday in the LA Times and then I confirmed it on that same ESPN page and it shows Charlotte picking 5 and the Lakers picking 10. Any idea what happened?
No idea :confused: Latest is that Scottie Pippen will be coaching with jackson next year

1h20lowrider
06-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm not a Clipper hater. I actually root for them. Its just a fruitless effort on my part....
What about letting their best player go to Phx last season while they had their head in the sand and thought they could get Kobe? Everyone knew Kobe would never go to the Clips.
If you think that QR was there best player, you might want to stick to being river crazy or crazy for the river.........!
Next thing that is going to be posted is that Kobe is the best player in the NBA :hammerhea

OutCole'd
06-29-2005, 07:02 AM
How did the draft go? Who did the Lakers get?

totenhosen
06-29-2005, 11:47 AM
What in the hell were the Lakers thinking? They need immediate help at the center/forward position and they draft a project player. I hope they did so to make a trade.

totenhosen
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
The Clippers draft picks were even worse. (Just look at how most experts grading them F!)

dmontzsta
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I think with Bynum he will be an immediate presence. Just having a big body in there posses a threat to players trying to get in the lane, he will block you. In terms of a project, that is to make him a real star, which in a a few years he could turn in to one, they were saying he has the body shaq should have.
I am pretty happy with Bynum and Mihm playing center, they are big bodies and can move up an down the court.
With Bynum they could also use Mihm as a PF, which would give us 2 7' players on the floor at once.
C - Mihm/Bynum/Grant
PF - Odom/Turiaf/Cook
SF - Butler/Jones/Walton
SG - Bryant/Waffer/George
PG - Atkins/Vujacic/Bobbit? I think they need some help here.
If Phil can teach these guys to work as a team, we can be in good shape.

MagicMtnDan
06-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Big mistake drafting this 17 year old "center."
He's a project-and-a-half and won't be ready to play (if ever) during Phil's three year contract. The Lakers could have drafted a number of other guys who'd help them a lot more a lot sooner but they didn't.
Looks like this draft confirms that when Jerry West left he took the "Lakers' brains" with him.
Stick a fork in 'em, the Lakers are done. :hammer2:

dmontzsta
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Big mistake drafting this 17 year old "center."
He's a project-and-a-half and won't be ready to play (if ever) during Phil's three year contract. The Lakers could have drafted a number of other guys who'd help them a lot more a lot sooner but they didn't.
Looks like this draft confirms that when Jerry West left he took the "Lakers' brains" with him.
Stick a fork in 'em, the Lakers are done. :hammer2:
I am pretty sure this was Phils idea, he isnt going to just step aside and let Mitch pick his players.
You have a good sig though... :)

totenhosen
06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
The Clippers drafted Koralev for the future. He's 18 years old. He's supposedly a smaller, much more athletic Dirk Nowitski. He's also reportedly "extremely well coached", which is basketball speak for "not stupid, good free throw shooter, good ball handler." :D
Here's ESPN's analysis before the draft, who, BTW, graded the Clippers draft as a C. I think they gave them a C because they left Antoine Wright and Gerald Green on the board, but I think the Clippers have designs on a free agent 2 guard versus taking a HS or college kid. I heard that the only way they weren't taking Koralev is if Martell Webster was still on the board.
Draft Projection: No. 12 to 26
Notes: As far as sure-fire NBA prospects go, Korolev looks like the real thing. He's been on scouts' radars now for two years, but he really put it all together in the Euroleague juniors tournament, averaging 17.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg and 3.2 apg in front of a big contingent of NBA scouts and GMs.
Hell I averaged similar numbers in Euroleague juniors tournament.

totenhosen
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
If you were a silky smooth, 6'9" Russian, you'd be set. :D
I was a slow 6'4" white guy with hops and a torn acl! :D

totenhosen
06-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Clippers
How frustrating it must be to be a Clippers fan. For weeks everyone has been reporting that the Clip Show had made a first round promise to Yaroslav Korolev and for weeks the Clippers have been denying it. Then guys like Danny Granger and Gerald Green fall through the cracks and it doesn’t even phase the “other” L.A. team. They hold up on their promise and take the 18-year-old Korolev. Did the Clippers even work anyone else out? Korolev has played against little to no competition and is years away from playing at an NBA level. Daniel Ewing is a solid player and a decent second round selection but better players were on the board.
Grade: F