PDA

View Full Version : Big props to Ultra

Boat Loan Guy
06-23-2005, 03:47 PM
I have been working with Ultra for a couple of years and just did a loan for one of the customers. Today I was speaking with with Steve and he was telling me about the customer and what they were going thourgh. I am not sure if the customer is on the boards or not but the way Ultra stood up and helped them out was just assume. I am not going to go into what was going on with the customer and I know that Ultra would not come on here and post somthing about it, but I justed wanted to say that was a very cool thing they did.
Good Job John and everyone at Ultra.....

Ultracrazy
06-23-2005, 04:00 PM
I have been working with Ultra for a couple of years and just did a loan for one of the customers. Today I was speaking with with Steve and he was telling me about the customer and what they were going thourgh. I am not sure if the customer is on the boards or not but the way Ultra stood up and helped them out was just assume. I am not going to go into what was going on with the customer and I know that Ultra would not come on here and post somthing about it, but I justed wanted to say that was a very cool thing they did.
Good Job John and everyone at Ultra.....
They are one of a kind and I would have a hard time owning any other boat.......hence my moniker.

jdogginla
06-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Boatloan.........sent you a pm.

rvrtoy
06-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Thank you for the props Chris. Everyone here was moved by this families situation. And a big props to you and your company for hooking them up with the necessary finance and jumping through hoops to make everything happen SO fast!! You are a class act!

Dribble
06-23-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm looking at them for the next boat for two reasons.
(1) Best graphics, hands down.
(2) Among the best reputations for good customer service and keeping their word.

voodoomedman
06-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm looking at them for the next boat for two reasons.
(1) Best graphics, hands down.
(2) Among the best reputations for good customer service and keeping their word.
I can attest to reasons. I can also give you a bunch of others. Seriously, check them out and give them a chance when you are ready. If you have any questions for a happy customer let me know. Besides me there are many others on here.

shadow
06-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I can attest to reasons. I can also give you a bunch of others. Seriously, check them out and give them a chance when you are ready. If you have any questions for a happy customer let me know. Besides me there are many others on here.
I'm on my second Ultra and will be back on thier door step again as soon as they come out with a larger cat with twins.Any questions anyone has feel free to contact me.

SoCalKev
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm on my second Ultra and will be back on thier door step again as soon as they come out with a larger cat with twins.Any questions anyone has feel free to contact me.
You're AWESOME!!!

Redneck
06-23-2005, 05:51 PM
my next boat will prob be an ultra too love the one I got. Want to get a deck boat when they get a bigger one out there prob in another 5 yrs or so. Hard to take on a boat payment when mine is payed for and still transports friends and beer.

DEMOMAN
06-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Once again Ultra makes me proud to own one of their boats. What a class act.

jdogginla
06-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Is John really looking at making a 30 shadow with twins? :2purples:

shadow
06-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Is John really looking at making a 30 shadow with twins? :2purples:
Rumor has it a 30 or 32 in the next couple of years.I'll be patiently waiting and you'll know when it happens when my avatar changes. :rollside:

Johnwithjm
06-23-2005, 07:24 PM
It is in the near future. If I know John he is thinking about gel graffix for that big canvas.

Mrs.Racer277
06-23-2005, 07:25 PM
It is in the near future. If I know John he is thinking about gel graffix for that big canvas.
Hi John is was great meeting you this weekend. :) :)
Dia

GrapeApe
06-23-2005, 08:14 PM
We are on our 2nd Ultra and Love it. Great Peeps to work with..
Hey John.. Have you guys thrown a big motor in the 23 Shadow yet..? Is that your Boat in the Avatar..? I remember seeing it at the El Cajon Shop, and really liked the colors together.. (Lakers) :rollside:
*** Grape Ape ***

jbtrailerjim
06-23-2005, 08:25 PM
When it comes time for a new boat, it will more than likely be another Ultra. The only thing that would make me switch would be if John strated building ugly boats and we all now that ain't gonna happen. :D They're some of the best people I have ever dealt with. They absolutely go out of there way to make sure you are 100% satisfied. I recommend anybody looking for a new boat; make sure you stop by Ultra and check them out. You won't be disappointed.

Boat Loan Guy
06-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Thank you for the props Chris. Everyone here was moved by this families situation. And a big props to you and your company for hooking them up with the necessary finance and jumping through hoops to make everything happen SO fast!! You are a class act!
Steve thanks for the props but this thread is about your company and about how you took care of a customer in need, and making the rest of there family have a chance to live out there dream...good job...

Jrocket
06-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Johnwithjm,
Whats the story on the Daytona with no engine hatch that showed up at your place last Tuesday?Motor combo caught my eye,that and the fact i almost rammed the side of him when he was backing in the driveway! LMAO. :D

Woodster
06-23-2005, 08:57 PM
We are on our 2nd Ultra and Love it. Great Peeps to work with..
Hey John.. Have you guys thrown a big motor in the 23 Shadow yet..? Is that your Boat in the Avatar..? I remember seeing it at the El Cajon Shop, and really liked the colors together.. (Lakers) :rollside:
*** Grape Ape ***
I think John is building one with a dualjet drive and throwing his blower motor in it. That thing should kick ass. John has always went out of his way to take care of things and also have to include Mike over at Ultra performance..both those guys are about as cool as it gets. Im hoping to pick up one of those 23 shadows in a couple of years. Dual jetdrive, Blower motor and all :D

voodoomedman
06-23-2005, 08:59 PM
I think John is building one with a dualjet drive and throwing his blower motor in it. That thing should kick ass. John has always went out of his way to take care of things and also have to include Mike over at Ultra performance..both those guys are about as cool as it gets. Im hoping to pick up one of those 23 shadows in a couple of years. Dual jetdrive, Blower motor and all :D
I concur. Mike and Guy know how to rig those puppies and they take care of ya. Guy had me calling him every day for two weeks and when I mentioned I was bugging him then he assured me that I was the customer with the money and they should be taking care of me. First class guys they are.

HocusPocus
06-23-2005, 10:10 PM
its great to hear so many good things about a boat mfg.. i was reading the other day here... about a guy who went thru alot of crap with a magic he bought..
as soon as my truck is paid off.. the wife says i can get a new boat... i will keep ultra at the top of my list!!

Tom Brown
06-23-2005, 10:18 PM
If I know John he is thinking about gel graffix for that big canvas.
Why doesn't he just rip off shadow's graphics like everyone else.

BarryMac
06-24-2005, 05:46 AM
Ultra is the shit hands down, my next boat will be an Ultra without a doubt, thinking a 24 Stealth with a 496HO or maybe even the 525, unfortunatley it's still a couple years away and by then John and Steve will have some new bitchen ass boat that I'll want... :220v:

voodoomedman
06-24-2005, 06:05 AM
Ultra is the shit hands down, my next boat will be an Ultra without a doubt, thinking a 24 Stealth with a 496HO or maybe even the 525, unfortunatley it's still a couple years away and by then John and Steve will have some new bitchen ass boat that I'll want... :220v:
If your going to spend the extra money then go with the 525. The 496 HO is not worth it. John will tell you that. With that bichen hull it will maybe get you 1-2 more on the top end and that is all. the 496 kicks a$$ on that hull. I can do 70 all day with 6 people and gear. lessen the weight a bit and I can hit 75.

ULTRA28
06-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks everybody, but the real props need to go to all the workers here at Ultra that made it happen.
Without going into too much detail on these peoples situation, I will just say that there is a terminally ill family member whos last wish was to have the entire family do one last vacation to Powell together. They needed a boat ASAP and were looking for anything they could get. They had always wanted an Ultra, but didn't think they could afford one. So I worked out a deal that would get them into a new boat, but it would need to be done within a month. We never put one customer ahead of another here and right now were running at about a ten week delivery time, so I had to work out a deal with everybody to work nights and weekends to get it done in time. Everything worked out great and they are on that vacation right now. There wasn't a time that these people would come in that someone wouldn't get a tear in their eye thinking about their situation. We were just glad to make it happen.

Jordy
06-24-2005, 08:40 AM
That's really cool JW and crew. ;)

OutCole'd
06-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Outstanding effort by everyone at Ultra. That is awesome. Way to go.

sigepmock
06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Absolutely continue to impress me John. I can't say enough about how great everyone at Ultra is. Hopefully some of the other manufacture's can learn from their example. I know my family and I will do everything we can to make our next boat an Ultra too.......hopefully a 27 or 28 Deck :D :D
Great job guys and keep up the good work,
Chris

ROZ
06-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks everybody, but the real props need to go to all the workers here at Ultra that made it happen.
Without going into too much detail on these peoples situation, I will just say that there is a terminally ill family member whos last wish was to have the entire family do one last vacation to Powell together. They needed a boat ASAP and were looking for anything they could get. They had always wanted an Ultra, but didn't think they could afford one. So I worked out a deal that would get them into a new boat, but it would need to be done within a month. We never put one customer ahead of another here and right now were running at about a ten week delivery time, so I had to work out a deal with everybody to work nights and weekends to get it done in time. Everything worked out great and they are on that vacation right now. There wasn't a time that these people would come in that someone wouldn't get a tear in their eye thinking about their situation. We were just glad to make it happen.
Damn, John, I got a tear just reading that... A big ataboy to you and your crew. To know the impact the shop made on this family has got to be an awesome feeling. You da man!

RiverDave
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
That's too cool John.. :) Seems like you guys are always doing something cool for somebody down there. :)
RD

Wally_Gator
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Really cool Ultra and team...
Definately the kind of company I want to back my next investment.

tamalewagon
06-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Nice...you and your company are class acts John.

mud duck
06-24-2005, 09:29 AM
These are nice stories to read/hear about. I would like to buy another Ultra for my next boat.

Tom Brown
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
It's a treat to electronically associate with class. :cool:

redi4fun
06-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Great job John West and Crew!!!!!!! :)

Cole Trickle
06-24-2005, 10:14 AM
My hat is off to you and the rest of your crew! :cool: :p
Hearing stories like that make me proud to be part of the HB community... :rollside:

syke-o
06-24-2005, 10:21 AM
that is an awesome story!!

Biglue
06-24-2005, 11:01 AM
John that was a classy move my freind.

jbtrailerjim
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Thats awesome John! Props to the whole crew at Ultra for steppin up and helping out this family! Keep up the great work! :)

Ultracrazy
06-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Not a big surprise that John and the boys did this.......not a surprise at all. :) Great job guys..
Proud owner of an Ultra

redi4fun
06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Now if John could only talk his crew into working nights and weekends to finish their 26? 28? foot deckboat, we can all be happy. :D

phebus
06-24-2005, 11:51 AM
This is a repeating, occourence. Ultra has a habit of going above and beyond. This is nice to see, that as time goes on, the quality of the company has only gone up. If I was looking for a new boat, Ultra would be right up there, not only for a quality product, but a product that would hold it's value very well (as boats go :D ).

Blacksheep
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
That's incredible John!!! You and your crew at Ultra continue to amaze the board members and your customers! I wish other boat manufacturers or anyone for that matter dealt with customers the way you do. That was really tops what you did for that family!! Kudos to you and the crew and keep up the great work and continued success!!!
Another happy customer!!
-Jeff

voodoomedman
06-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Of course I'll speak up again. No I'm not gay and in love with John. This story right here doesn't surprise me. When my boat was being built it was getting iffy on when it would be done towards the end. My wife and I were going through a tough time as our first pregnancy was miscarried. Believe me at the time if I could have gave up the boat to have my child I would be boatless today. However since that couldn't happen we just wanted our boat so we could get the hell out of here and get away from it all. One call and email to John and no promises were made but he said he would do what he could. They worked OT, shuffled some stuff, lake tested without interior being completely done and they were washing it for me on Friday when I pulled up to get her and take her to Mojave. Now a year later, We have the most bichen 24 Stealth we could have dreamed of and the most beautiful little 3 month old boy in the world loves to ride in his boat. Props to everybody there.

73kona455
06-24-2005, 07:05 PM
way to go ultra.. job well done.. not many places left in this world that cares about its customers..