PDA

View Full Version : Ron Hill Contact Info?

InKahntrol
05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm reaching out to the message board for a little help. Does anyone have Ron Hill's contact info? I came across one of his auctions on ebay, and I have a few questions. No response to emails, so I'm hoping somebody has a number for him. I'm pretty sure its Ron, not Chad.
Thanks in advance!
Dan

GofastRacer
05-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Give this a try!. :confused:
Hill Marine! (http://www.hillmarine.com/Contact.html)

InKahntrol
05-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Tried that number, just got a robot voice message. I figured out what I need though... thanks.

Squirtin Thunder
05-01-2006, 05:56 PM
714-608-7147 or 714-835-1540

Towndrunk
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Be ready to wait on shipping if you buy anything.

vishus
05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
try out
www.boatracingfacts.com
Ron was in Indio racing with Chad (SST45) and had some dental issues this week....
talked to him today, so he is reachable...

DUCKY
05-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Also be ready to receive a prop that the hole is off center in!
Ron's o/b stuff is top notch but his v-drive stuff stinks. He has sent a total of 6 off center props to my dad and refuses to admit that his tooling is off.

MAXIMUS
05-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Ron is a great guy! He is always wanting to help in any way he can. I have run several of his props & they have all been on center! :rolleyes:

GofastRacer
05-12-2006, 06:12 AM
I have one and it's on center!.. :confused:

DUCKY
05-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Do you guys have two blades or three blades? All of the crap my Dad has gotten are three blades, and now Ron can't even seem to find the time to ship him back one of the bad ones so he can at least use his boat even if it does shake. I am glad that you guys have had good luck with him, but we sure haven't.

GofastRacer
05-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Mine is a 2 blade, never had one of his 3 blades but I know someone that does and it's a good one, it is an older one though don't know about the newer ones????..

InKahntrol
05-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Do you guys have two blades or three blades? All of the crap my Dad has gotten are three blades, and now Ron can't even seem to find the time to ship him back one of the bad ones so he can at least use his boat even if it does shake. I am glad that you guys have had good luck with him, but we sure haven't.
Hmmm...
I actually got the stainless 3-blade prop last week. Took it to Havasu this weekend, and it had a terrible vibration. So bad the boat was barely usable. Spoke to Ron and he said he'd take care of it though... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

superdave013
05-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Tom Bentley is the good source for v drive props! C'mon

Towndrunk
05-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Ron is a great guy! He is always wanting to help in any way he can. I have run several of his props & they have all been on center! :rolleyes:
Rons a prick and I have the email to prove it. :mad:

MAXIMUS
05-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Rons a prick and I have the email to prove it. :mad:
LOL... so how do you really feel??? I wonder what he thinks of you??? :notam:
Let me just say this... In the boating industry there are companies that treat you like a #. There are those that check your wallet before warming up to you or offering their services. Then there are those that are total rip offs & smile while they try to fuk you! When I met ron he didn't know me from adam or jack, but took the time to listen & understand what I needed. Then did everything possible to deliver satifaction. So for me to think he is an asshole is a little hard to believe. I am in the asshole buisness & deal with them daily. If there were more guys that loved their job as much as he did this whole boating world would be much better! :) Please use caution before bashing... :)

Towndrunk
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
LOL... so how do you really feel??? I wonder what he thinks of you??? :notam:
Let me just say this... In the boating industry there are companies that treat you like a #. There are those that check your wallet before warming up to you or offering their services. Then there are those that are total rip offs & smile while they try to fuk you! When I met ron he didn't know me from adam or jack, but took the time to listen & understand what I needed. Then did everything possible to deliver satifaction. So for me to think he is an asshole is a little hard to believe. I am in the asshole buisness & deal with them daily. If there were more guys that loved their job as much as he did this whole boating world would be much better! :) Please use caution before bashing... :)
Heres some reading for you. This is a copy of ongoing email with Ron Hill.
Let's see, ASS HOLE...I tell you Foster has heads for $150 a set....He
brings them over and shows me what he's got...I tell you want he has
and
want he wants, I'm making NO ****ING MONEY on the deal...I tell you I
can
take them to Sid and he can bing them..You say it is too far across
town...
Monday I get home from the race a check is there...Personal from some
ASS
HOLE I don't know, I'm supposed to stop and drive across town to get
head
I'm making no money on....Tuesday and Wednesday I may MAJOR teeth
problems...
Thursday, when I get to the shop there are five people waiting for me..
And YOU are PISSED OFF...Do you understand what **** YOU MEANS???
I'll ****ing send you a refund when your check clears.
Ron Hill
ADD: I'dm sending this to Sid Castle in cse there is is a
missunderstanding...as I don't take SHIT from anyone...Especially when
I'm
doing them a favor....
----- Original Message -----
To: "Ron Hill" <prop19@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: May have them.
tHAT WONT DO. yOU TOLD ME YOU HAD THEM . i SENT YOU A
CHECK LAST WEEK AND YOU HAD ALL THIS TIME TO GET THEM
READY TO SHIP. You knew I needed them for a race. I
have no choice but to buy elsewwhere and ask you for
my check back. I trust this isn't the way you do your
propeller business. This makes me so ****in mad.
623-256-9759
-- Ron Hill <prop19@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Foster is in Oklahoma, will be back Firday at
9:00... He'll call me Sat
morning and we'll get together. I can ship Monday.
Ron
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:43 AM
Ron,
did you get those heads off yet? I need them for
the
race next weekend and Chuck still has to cc the
26's
to 19 cc. Thanks
Ron
Ron Hill <prop19@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
do lnow that inboards line the shaft with the
sponsons, and they "Prop
Ride"...I think you need a capsule to be ****ing
with this thing...I could a
36 pitch going 140...in A QUARTER...THIS COULD BE
A
VERY DANGEROUS BOAT.
>
I was asking..."you ask me??" because I saw the
pictures and it just
seemdeep as all get out and I knew you had run
it...
RON
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:01 PM
> Subject: Re: May have them.
Sure, why wouldn't I ask you? It's just a damn
boat
and I'm sure you have experience I don't. BTW,
it's
17'8" and weighs 250 lbs.
>
Ron,
yu are asking me??? We would run the
propshaft
above th bottom and only
have the skeg in the water, with no gearcase
>drag,
when trimmed under about
three holes...like 15 degrees...
My hydro experience has never taken the
sponsons
into account...What you
have here is a hundred and forty mile an hour
possiblity.....
How long is this ROCKET???
Ron
Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:11 AM
Ron, you got me to thinking about this
setup. I
found
> propshaft was actually 4 1/4 inches below
the
sponsons. I have since raised the motor 3
inches (
> which is all it will go). With your
experience
what
angle degree would you try? I think it was
around
negative but not sure as I got rammie and
just
did
it.
> I am working on it today and will test
tomorrow.
Works good?? Really...????
then, what pitch are you swinging and what
RPM
and
speed..???
original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 6:36 PM
It's 2 inchs below the sponsons. I would
raise
it
if I
> had a ssm#4 or 6 but with a cle it wants
to
ski
on
the
housing which in effect helps it pop the
backend.
> Works good right where it is.
Ron Hill <prop19@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Where is the propshaft in relationship
to
the
bottom???
Original Message -----
<dragally@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:12 PM
Deep? Sorry, no running pictures but
I'll
have
some
after Mothers days race.
- Ron Hill <prop19@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Man are you deep... Any running
pictures?
POST on BRF!
Original Message -----
<dragally@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:39 PM
I really need you to send the 26cc
to
Chuck
at
Nitrox.
if Sid is coming up I 17 he could
bring
the
if he
wants. We actually live around 50
miles
thru
city
traffic.
I don't know how to post pictures
on
your
site.
If
you
have time you may post whatever you
like.
I put a check in the mail today for
It
should
be
there by Saturday.
Thanks
Oron (Ron)
--- Ron Hill <prop19@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Sid is coming to Indio this
weekend...If
>>

Towndrunk
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
There you go. You have to read it from the bottom up but look see who called whom names. :crossx:

dmontzsta
05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
You should clean that up. Those arrows are annoying.

InKahntrol
05-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Well, all I can say is that so far he has been a true gentleman. I got a good deal on the prop, he shipped it when he said he would, and when we contacted him about the vibration he said to send it back and he'll fix it. I'd like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep you all posted about how it goes...

MAXIMUS
05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
There you go. You have to read it from the bottom up but look see who called whom names. :crossx:
That is really lame posting something like that... :rolleyes: You had a beef that didn't belong here & show no class posting it. Rons face looked like a balloon on thursday & he still managed to deal with all of us waiting for help! It pisses me off the way people bash buisness's on a public form...
Was that your immature way of trying to get revenge for him not jumping through hoops for you??? wtf???
:rolleyes:

Towndrunk
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
That is really lame posting something like that... :rolleyes: You had a beef that didn't belong here & show no class posting it. Rons face looked like a balloon on thursday & he still managed to deal with all of us waiting for help! It pisses me off the way people bash buisness's on a public form...
Was that your immature way of trying to get revenge for him not jumping through hoops for you??? wtf???
:rolleyes:
You know what Mr. Pad, I have a race to go to and I don't care what his problem is. He should have had the heads at his house when the money got there. All of a sudden we have a problem with a problem? I'm the one out the money not you so stuff it.
Respond all you want but I'm thru with you.
TD

vishus
05-12-2006, 05:56 PM
wrong place, wrong way to deal with this. I am only involved in that I know BOTH individuals.
I have had GREAT dealings with BOTH RONs. I beleive that the only way to clear these issues is face to face. If not, at least over the phone, it is too easy to misunderstand someone and what they mean when reading...
Ron Hill has been GREAT to work with, and he is 110% behind boat racing, I would not hesitate to deal with him in any way....
Ron Zimmerman is a friend, and is a good guy to go boating with and has always been 100% square with me.
I will not involve myself or anyone in an internet squabble...
if anyone wants to talk to me, keep it on boating...
sid castle

GofastRacer
05-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Well personally I've never had any dealings with Ron Hill so I can't comment on that, but getting back on track here about the PRODUCT, I have a brand new prop for a circle boat that's never been run and from what I was told it's supposed to be a killer coming out of a turn, well I will be trying it out at Big River at Al's deal and I will let you all know how it works when I get back!... But in my worthless opinion, if the product is top notch and the person stands behind it, I would think that would the the main priority. As far as assholes goes, that's an every day thing you just deal with it!.... My .02!..

GofastRacer
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Tom Bentley is the good source for v drive props! C'mon
Well let me see here, I spent a $100 and got 11mph and only a 100rpm more and the boat handles 80% better than it did before. Hmmmmm, yeah I guess it's a pretty good source!, LOL... :D

superdave013
05-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I've talked to Ron Hill a few times in person. I've only met Chad once and am sure he won't remember me. Both were very nice guys at the time. I've never done any biz with them. I only tossed Bentley out there as he lives and breaths v drives just like the Hill's seem to on outboards. If I was looking for an outboard race prop I'd call the Hill's in a heart beat.
TD, it looks to me that your conversation when down hill when you said "This makes me so ****in mad."
I think if you would have said it more like this make me very upset it might not have set him off. Anyway I'm with Mr. Pad ( lol, Mr. Pad that's funny :D ) on this one that this is not the place to air that stuff.

Kim Hanson
05-12-2006, 09:36 PM
You should clean that up. Those arrows are annoying.
You are annoying and we don't clean you up, so back of the bus for you :p ..........( . )( . )............

Rexone
05-12-2006, 11:35 PM
I think the topic of this thread was complete quite some time ago. I see no value to vdrives at this point. The topic is closed. Lets keep vdrives on vdrive related topics, events, and related stuff please.