PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know....

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 09:01 AM
you guys are probably tired of me bitching about the Magic journey but I just finished 4 hours of turning wrenches that was an amazing eye opener. 4 of the 6 bolts holding the crossmember under the swimplatform were loose...I guess the other two are really loose cuz they are gone. Course its not really important...it just holds the boat to the trailer.... All replaced.... my kids love me for having them crawl up into the sponson and hold a wrench...then locktight everything. My two pretty bolts they have for motor mounts were not even hand tight..... that really got me. all the hardware holding the mount to the stringer were at least one turn loose. Almost every philip head screw was at least a half a turn to two turns out.... I mean come the F*ck on..... whats the deal? Give me a fricken break..... (sorry for the rant)

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
lol...stop it...your making me laugh and I'm still pissed.....

Boozer
06-24-2005, 09:06 AM
I'd love nothing more then to drop $130K on something that seems to be "Some reassembly required." I wonder what a fully finished and functioning product would set you back? Maybe like 30-50K more????

cole13
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
I do not know much about these hulls. But do they have wood stringers, or fiberglass? Just curious!

godfather
Sound like you have a little azz kicking to do. :sqeyes:

UnionJack
Every boat builder does it to someone... Just think how many magic deck boats are sold a month... They need to get them done, and since you have yours way out there I guess you can't take it back to the factory to have them fix it. I have heard about a guy who's steering went out and he almost killed everyone in the boat, and the manufacture said.... Sorry.
What can you do?

Beer-30
06-24-2005, 09:08 AM
C'mon, didn't Darrel explain that? You pay for the bolts and nuts. Tightening is optional! Don't be such a tightwad next time. :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
I am really glad I am 2000 miles away right now.... thats just BS!!!

Kachina26
So they call it "Magic" because that's what holds them together? :D

ROZ
I'd love nothing more then to drop $130K on something that seems to be "Some reassembly required." I wonder what a fully finished and functioning product would set you back? Maybe like 30-50K more????
I was thinking the same thing... Maybe it was a kit boat and they lost that page of the instruction assembly booklet :D

Cole Trickle
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
I think I was luckier than you!
I had loose nuts and a handful of spare parts!! :D :mix: :idea:

NashvilleBound
C'mon, didn't Darrel explain that? You pay for the bolts and nuts. Tightening is optional! Don't be such a tightwad next time. :D :D :D
Come on guys...no jokes here...I am trying to stay in the frowning pissed off mode and your not helping....
I did find a few "free" shop rags stuffed into the sponson.... I guess that should be good enough since they didnt have any shirts....

OutCole'd
So they call it "Magic" because that's what holds them together? :D
:D :D Classic

OutCole'd
06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
The pixie dust was on back order when they built your boat.
Sorry

bunny 166
06-24-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry you're upset NB, I would be,too....
But, I bought a Conquest..... :D :D

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 09:13 AM
The pixie dust was on back order when they built your boat.
Sorry
No, i think the pixie dust was in...it was all over the engine compartment and storage areas....nobody ever vacuumed them out. they were covered with fiberglass chips and shavings.....

Essex29
I'm sorry you're upset NB, I would be,too....
But, I bought a Conquest..... :D :D
nice! :D

sigepmock
Anybody seen that thread about Ultra???? :D :D :D
All kidding aside I think it's BS. Magic is going to face the same fate as a lot of boat builders as soon as the market slows down. I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to the Magic 28 Deckboat but this thread has convinced me to wait for John and Ultra to come out with theirs. Can't believe you could spend that kind of money on a boat and have to deal with these problems.
Chris

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Anybody seen that thread about Ultra???? :D :D :D the one where Ultra set up the family for a "last " vacation?? Yep.... I have no doubt John didnt even think twice about it. Fact is...this whole MAgic BS is his fault....he should have come out with a deck boat by now.....

OutCole'd
06-24-2005, 09:16 AM
That wasn't pixie dust, it was cocaine. :D
No, that would have been cleaned up for sure.

sigepmock
06-24-2005, 09:18 AM
the one where Ultra set up the family for a "last " vacation?? Yep.... I have no doubt John didnt even think twice about it. Fact is...this whole MAgic BS is his fault....he should have come out with a deck boat by now.....
I think I'll wait. Again sorry about the bad time with Magic.
Chris

Freak
06-24-2005, 09:22 AM
That's a nice boat. Sorry about your problems. I have read a lot of bitch'in about Magic over the years on here. :(

UnionJack
06-24-2005, 09:23 AM
That's cool, maybe they should use more zip ties

phebus
06-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Do you think the loose motor mount bolts could have effected the position of the motor and effected drive alignment?

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Do you think the loose motor mount bolts could have effected the position of the motor and effected drive alignment?
No, the 4 going through the stringer were snug but not tight....the two going into the hardware were tight but the two vertical bolts the nut was just floating there. No possible movement.....I need to get in behind the motor still but have run ooutta time. Everything else on the sled is tight now. ANNDDDD...I replaced all the lights with LED's from River Dave.... all in about 10 minutes to do it and Magic quoted me $800 for the option....

BADBLOWN572
06-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Not if everything else was tight. If the bottom nuts and the adjustmensts on the motor are tight, it shouldnt have moved.
The funny thing is that with loose bolts, it tells me that they were not using impacts to put the bolts in. We always used impacts and Nylocks on all motor mount bolts that way it won't ever loosen up. Hmm.... Doesn't make sense. Not only is an impact better, it is also quicker and easier.

djunkie
06-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Anybody seen that thread about Ultra???? :D :D :D
All kidding aside I think it's BS. Magic is going to face the same fate as a lot of boat builders as soon as the market slows down. I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to the Magic 28 Deckboat but this thread has convinced me to wait for John and Ultra to come out with theirs. Can't believe you could spend that kind of money on a boat and have to deal with these problems.
Chris
Or maybe wait for that HOWARD deck boat. :D

Froggystyle
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
No, i think the pixie dust was in...it was all over the engine compartment and storage areas....nobody ever vacuumed them out. they were covered with fiberglass chips and shavings.....
All of a sudden waiting a couple months doesn't seem like that big a deal, huh?
And people wonder why I am so anal about finish work....

KACHINA KEN
06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
It's just the shakedown period NB, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless you checked it all out yourself anyhow, you know I'm right.

Froggystyle
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
It's just the shakedown period NB, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless you checked it all out yourself anyhow, you know I'm right.
BS... shoddy workmanship is just that. If there is a bolt tightening problem after several hours of use, they need to put those hours on the boat and go through it before delivery. It isn't like it is their first rodeo here... they have built a boat or two.
I can't believe what the consumers on this board let manufacturers get away with... Shakedown period???? Imagine your $130,000 Mercedes doing that. Or anything built by a reputable company for that matter...

OutCole'd
06-24-2005, 11:52 AM
BS... shoddy workmanship is just that. If there is a bolt tightening problem after several hours of use, they need to put those hours on the boat and go through it before delivery. It isn't like it is their first rodeo here... they have built a boat or two.
I can't believe what the consumers on this board let manufacturers get away with... Shakedown period???? Imagine your $130,000 Mercedes doing that. Or anything built by a reputable company for that matter...
Just think Wes, in a few short months, threads like this will be like free advertising for you.

djunkie
06-24-2005, 11:54 AM
I find it amazing that I have read about people bragging about their boat being built in short periods of time. Then the people who don't get theirs in a short period of time complain also. If I was building a new boat I would want them to take as much time as needed. As long as I won't have to go around and nut and bolt everything, I'll wait a little longer.

riverroyal
06-24-2005, 11:57 AM
my magics been good,but I will check everything real soon.Ive kinda just figured everything was ok,but that may be stupid of me

NorCal Gameshow
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
NB, when I read this post the first thing that came to mind was:
I get into AZ after driving 30 hours across this wonderful country of ours and walk into the salesroom. I introduced myself to my salesman, that knew I was coming, and he told me he was too busy right then to help me but to come back tomorrrow.

Infomaniac
06-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I had a brand new boat that always had a bad gasoline smell to it. After pulling some interior to install speakers found the vent tube for the gas tank was never hooked up. The gas tank was venting into the space behind the interior in the gunnels. :notam:

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Wes, ya, a few months now will seem like nothing. The sled will be fine, just pisses me off to no end that they can get away with this. NOBODY ever gave me any inkling that things were like this. I'll get over it by doing it all myself to make sure its right. By thee time I got to the motor mounts I was talking to myself...cussing...it was special. I checked all sorts of stuff...since I had to tear apart the front half anyways.... everything else looked industry standard...not Trident or Ultra standard, but industry...
Norcal....yup...where it all started...
Ken, your right...course your always right :notam:

Essex29
06-24-2005, 02:08 PM
What did Magic have to say about this? Do they know?One of their reps is on the boards her and I'm sure he has seen this thread....
You wouldn't accept it if you were buying a new car from ANY mfg, why do you accept it from a boat mfg? :hammer2:

KACHINA KEN
06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
ouch, guess I'll just go sit in the corner now.

Norseman
06-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Come on guys...no jokes here...I am trying to stay in the frowning pissed off mode and your not helping....
I did find a few "free" shop rags stuffed into the sponson.... I guess that should be good enough since they didnt have any shirts....
Maybe the shirts will magically appear>>>> :D

Norseman
06-24-2005, 03:19 PM
I thought you said they didn't give you any freebees???? :jawdrop:
Not every customer gets Magic fiberglass chips and shavings.. :2purples: :2purples:
I think I'd be on the phone about now with Magic and a couple of good lawyers!! :boxingguy

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 03:26 PM
hey Ken...just messing with you...lol...
I hate getting the attornies involved. The retainers I pay are lame enough...but...big BUT...if I have ONE problem with this thing it will be a no brainer...

OutCole'd
06-24-2005, 03:35 PM
So, has there been any contact going either direction since you were stuck in Az?

jdogginla
06-24-2005, 04:43 PM
NB, when I read this post the first thing that came to mind was:
I get into AZ after driving 30 hours across this wonderful country of ours and walk into the salesroom. I introduced myself to my salesman, that knew I was coming, and he told me he was too busy right then to help me but to come back tomorrrow.
I agree..........I said it the first day, if I was approached like that, I would of told the guy to F himself and walked outta there. NO way I have an appointment with someone to spend 100k+ and have him tell me he's too busy, come back tomorrow. "Adios Mutha Focker". But your family is happy......and they helped you out when the trailer fell apart, so all is good.

Norseman
06-24-2005, 05:48 PM
hey Ken...just messing with you...lol...
I hate getting the attornies involved. The retainers I pay are lame enough...but...big BUT...if I have ONE problem with this thing it will be a no brainer...
NB;
I sure hope this boat turns out to be everything you originally expected!!!
It's a shame that Magic fell short so far. If you haven't it might not hurt to make a call and let the owner know what you found during your inspection. :hammerhea
Of course in a non adversarial way. :cool:
If they don't know already they may want to know about the various threads here on Hot Boat.
There must be an authorized Magic service facility somewhere close to you, and maybe they would like the chace to straighten some thing out, before they get too much more bad press.
Just a thought.....

NashvilleBound
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
So, has there been any contact going either direction since you were stuck in Az?
Nobody had called to say crap. I had some mail for them and called, left a message, no return. I'm in deep to just say Eff it.. so I am just hoping for the best. Like i said...I, and my family, really like the sled. We are headed out to the lake tomorrow and going to see River otter on Sunday to cruise down in the Nooga. I am going to call to talk to Ron on Monday. Well see if he cares or not.

OutCole'd
06-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Nobody had called to say crap. I had some mail for them and called, left a message, no return. I'm in deep to just say Eff it.. so I am just hoping for the best. Like i said...I, and my family, really like the sled. We are headed out to the lake tomorrow and going to see River otter on Sunday to cruise down in the Nooga. I am going to call to talk to Ron on Monday. Well see if he cares or not.
Keep us posted.

upsman105
06-24-2005, 08:11 PM
i don't know how you hill-billies do it but that's how we build boats in
AZ, we leave it up to the customer, how tight they want their bolts. None of our business, just like you got the paint job you wanted, kind of, right!! :D :D
all kidding aside, I can only imagine your frustration.

THOR
06-24-2005, 08:13 PM
How many problems did you have with your old boat? What kind was that again? :D

NashvilleBound
06-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Thor....(choosing words carefully) YOU FREEKING KNOW WHAT KINDA BOAT I HAD BEFORE....NO PROBLEMS....OK..THERE, I SAID IT!!!! ;)
OC'd....you bet I'll post it. They dont call me Nash Loves Good Drama, Loves to stir the pot, Asshole (my personal favorite), Ville for nothin'
Upsman.....rriigghhttttttttttttt,,,kiinda :D

rivergoer
06-25-2005, 04:02 AM
these here are my bad boys i have to tighten shit down all the time, but fu#k they still blow some shit up!!!!!
http://www.usmc.mil/22ndmeu/FF_AH1W-4.jpg

Dribble
06-25-2005, 07:21 AM
When I took delivery of my first boat, I did find the lines to the outdrive pump loose. The builder was so upset when I told him, he was going to fly up to tighten them. Magic should tell you to take the boat to a reputable shop and have everything rechecked and send them the bill.

moneypit
06-25-2005, 07:45 AM
these here are my bad boys i have to tighten shit down all the time, but fu#k they still blow some shit up!!!!!
http://www.usmc.mil/22ndmeu/FF_AH1W-4.jpg
Nice.. I trade you rides.... :D

Kachina26
06-25-2005, 09:36 AM
I find it amazing that I have read about people bragging about their boat being built in short periods of time. Then the people who don't get theirs in a short period of time complain also. If I was building a new boat I would want them to take as much time as needed. As long as I won't have to go around and nut and bolt everything, I'll wait a little longer.
I agree to some degree, (I can't believe some are only in the mold for 2-3 days). That does not mean that just becuase it's taking forever for someone to finish the job that they are working extra hard on it. Sometimes things just sit on the back burner and when you show up, half the crap ain't done at all! Being the paitient guy that I am (read doormat) this has happened to me once or twice. I tell them to take all the time they need to do it right, and all they do is take their time :mad: Sorry to steal your rant NB :D

NashvilleBound
06-25-2005, 03:19 PM
I agree to some degree, (I can't believe some are only in the mold for 2-3 days). That does not mean that just becuase it's taking forever for someone to finish the job that they are working extra hard on it. Sometimes things just sit on the back burner and when you show up, half the crap ain't done at all! Being the paitient guy that I am (read doormat) this has happened to me once or twice. I tell them to take all the time they need to do it right, and all they do is take their time :mad: Sorry to steal your rant NB :D
ALLLL good. The time frame was theirs from the get go... I certainly didnt force them to hurry. went out today and it ran perfect. Amazed another group of our friends and scared two....all ina days boating:)
I will find a reputable dealer locally to check the drive alignment and put the computer to the Ilmor....just to be sure.... I have a Poker Run in Knoxville on the 23rd....its right down the street.

phebus
06-25-2005, 03:28 PM
To be honest with you, I have never had a boat that didn't need tightening somewhere or on something. Especially if you have gotten into rough water. Your condition seems more severe than most, but I think that peoples disbelief over this is a bunch of B.S.
Who out there has a boat that they haven't needed to take a wrench or screwdriver to as it was breaking in?

jdogginla
06-25-2005, 03:46 PM
To be honest with you, I have never had a boat that didn't need tightening somewhere or on something. Especially if you have gotten into rough water. Your condition seems more severe than most, but I think that peoples disbelief over this is a bunch of B.S.
Who out there has a boat that they haven't needed to take a wrench or screwdriver to as it was breaking in?
Who out there........has settled on a boat, made a verbal commitment to spend 100k+, travel from 7 states over and been told to come back the next day because the sales guy was too busy after he knew you were coming? :yuk: Who out there has spent that kind of money on a new boat then have the trailer fall apart a couple of hours later? :yuk: Who out there has spent that kind of money only to pick up your boat and see the graphics aren't what was agreed upon and are therefor incorrect? :yuk:
This isn't just about a few loose nuts and bolts my friend.

NashvilleBound
06-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Who out there........has settled on a boat, made a verbal commitment to spend 100k+, travel from 7 states over and been told to come back the next day because the sales guy was too busy after he knew you were coming? :yuk: Who out there has spent that kind of money on a new boat then have the trailer fall apart a couple of hours later? :yuk: Who out there has spent that kind of money only to pick up your boat and see the graphics aren't what was agreed upon and are therefor incorrect? :yuk:
If i didnt have the Ultra for trade I would have never gone with Magic...hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20.....but i did and needed a new boat THIS summer. I have it..it will be fine...just getting it there with all this is just fricken uncalled for. But its almost 100%.... I also figure my threads might just make it back to Magic(not that they care) but they might check on some of their guys...well, maybe not...but it might also help someone thinking about buying a Magic to be more carefull....as in GO SOMEWHERE ELSE;) But I really do like the boat....

RP1
06-25-2005, 04:28 PM
On a 100+K "new" boat you should expect to wrench... Please! I agree that a used boat might need a little tightening but new... come on Rick, no way.

RP1
06-25-2005, 04:30 PM
If i didnt have the Ultra for trade I would have never gone with Magic...hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20.....but i did and needed a new boat THIS summer. I have it..it will be fine...just getting it there with all this is just fricken uncalled for. But its almost 100%.... I also figure my threads might just make it back to Magic(not that they care) but they might check on some of their guys...well, maybe not...but it might also help someone thinking about buying a Magic to be more carefull....as in GO SOMEWHERE ELSE;) But I really do like the boat....
Just made me look elswhere and I thank you for that. :wink:

NashvilleBound
06-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Just made me look elswhere and I thank you for that. :wink:
I hope you find what your looking for. Theres allot out there now and more on the horizon. Good luck....I've researched them all.

phebus
06-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Well, when you put it that way.......
On a 100+K "new" boat you should expect to wrench... Please! I agree that a used boat might need a little tightening but new... come on Rick, no way.
You're right, but I am anal, and have allways taken a wrench and screwdriver around all my boats, and I allways seem to find something loose. Now on their maiden voyage.....well, you're right, that is unacceptable

Froggystyle
06-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree that a used boat might need a little tightening but new... come on Rick, no way.
Agreed, wholeheartedly. And if it does need wrenching, someone from the factory is doing it for free. If it needs a shakedown, they need to shake it down.
Delivery in my mind means the boat is finished. Service only from now on.

Bella
06-26-2005, 09:08 AM
"Delivery in my mind means the boat is finished. Service only from now on"
So you are selling your boat without a warranty, as it seems none is needed? Just a recommend service plan.

KACHINA KEN
06-26-2005, 09:13 AM
I also figure my threads might just make it back to Magic(not that they care) but they might check on some of their guys
If you call Brett @ Magic in PHX ( he also lurks on here once in awhile ) you may get better results service wise, the factory isn't necessarily the best place to get service it seems.
Brett @ Power Marine ( Magic PHX)
(602) 954-0725

Magic34
06-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I might be jumping into a fire here, but I have owned 4 Magic Powerboats and I have been happy with every one. My latest Magic, is the best one yet that I have owned. I looked at damn near everything from Cigarette to Hustler to Formula and Fountain when making my boat decision this time and the boat I purchased from Magic fits my needs exactly to what I wanted/needed.
Now hold on, I am definitely not saying Magic is better than those boats listed above. I am saying that for the $$$ I spent, it was better spent at Magic for the amount of boat per dollar.
NB, I do understand your frustration with the boat, but I feel there has been some acts of trying to help you (i.e. the trailer wheel). Enough to say that they have tried for something.
I will say that if I would have walked into any sales office(boat, vehicle, furniture, etc) and told to come back the next day, if it happened the way you say, I wouldn't have gone back.
I have built boats with Magic and Hallett the past 4-5 months and seen how different boat builders do it. In the end, where I was frustrated with how things go(both builders), end up being their best way to do things that fit their system. The Hallett is still being built, and my Magic came out perfect(in my mind). The Hallett should come out flawless as well, that's how they build boats.
For those looking to make a boat purchasing decision, don't cross Magic off your list. They build a good boat, and the service I am always given meets my standards (which are high). Sometimes, which doesn't make it right, things go wrong and hopefully they can be addressed correctly. I am not the first or only one who does get good service from them.
NB, especially in your position, you are right. The boat should have been perfect for anyone, let alone a guy taking it far away to the middle of the country. However, in every thread you say how much you and your family does love the boat. Deal with the issues now with Magic, not on the boards, so you can enjoy your boat tomorrow that much more.
Good luck and welcome to the Magic clan, as much as you hate to be part of it. ;)

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 10:11 AM
nashville can maybe help me on this ,,,the salesman he was dealing with had to leave on personnal reasons for awhile,theres no excuses at all for the come back tommorrow line,I bet had RON heard that he wouldnt have let that happen.I think Nashville was just bad timing,my boat has been perfct,no loose bolts,turn key and go.It also doesnt help that he lives 2000 miles away,Ive had some warranty work done at magic service,dropped it off,picked it up two weeks later,done.It was stupid stuff under warranty,stuff I could do myself,but Im in havasu alot so I dropped it by,no biggie.There are plenty of 100% perfectly done boats from all builders,mine was one,but I bet every builder has a few slip by,it happens,sucks it happened to nashville.Everyone keeps saying at 100k everything should be perfect,true,but have you tried to find a 28ft deck boat new and under 100k?Thats the price now,100k in havasu is middle of the road anymore.....my thoughts,I just wish I could ride on nashvilles boat with that V10,that must sound nice

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 10:13 AM
i was typing when you were,looking over your shoulder i guess

NashvilleBound
06-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I might be jumping into a fire here, but I have owned 4 Magic Powerboats and I have been happy with every one. My latest Magic, is the best one yet that I have owned. I looked at damn near everything from Cigarette to Hustler to Formula and Fountain when making my boat decision this time and the boat I purchased from Magic fits my needs exactly to what I wanted/needed.
Now hold on, I am definitely not saying Magic is better than those boats listed above. I am saying that for the $$$ I spent, it was better spent at Magic for the amount of boat per dollar.
NB, I do understand your frustration with the boat, but I feel there has been some acts of trying to help you (i.e. the trailer wheel). Enough to say that they have tried for something.
I will say that if I would have walked into any sales office(boat, vehicle, furniture, etc) and told to come back the next day, if it happened the way you say, I wouldn't have gone back.
I have built boats with Magic and Hallett the past 4-5 months and seen how different boat builders do it. In the end, where I was frustrated with how things go(both builders), end up being their best way to do things that fit their system. The Hallett is still being built, and my Magic came out perfect(in my mind). The Hallett should come out flawless as well, that's how they build boats.
For those looking to make a boat purchasing decision, don't cross Magic off your list. They build a good boat, and the service I am always given meets my standards (which are high). Sometimes, which doesn't make it right, things go wrong and hopefully they can be addressed correctly. I am not the first or only one who does get good service from them.
NB, especially in your position, you are right. The boat should have been perfect for anyone, let alone a guy taking it far away to the middle of the country. However, in every thread you say how much you and your family does love the boat. Deal with the issues now with Magic, not on the boards, so you can enjoy your boat tomorrow that much more.
Good luck and welcome to the Magic clan, as much as you hate to be part of it. ;)
I think this is the perfect forum to have an open discussion about what happened. Have you heard me ever say I regret my purchase? Or, Dont buy a Magic? No....cuz, like you, if fit all my needs with a great style. I am just posting what I went through. Hopefully whoever reads this will use extreme caution when going to Magic. Nothing wrong with that. It sounds like my case was a guy on drugs and just bad timing. I tried not to read too much into it ...that why I DID come back the next day.
I am dealing with the issues....by expressing them here I am trying to get a feeling if its just, like stated before, timing and such....and it sounds like it was. I am sure when I call there this week to talk to Ron it might help both of us. Maybe. I love the sled dont regret a minute of it.....I thrive on drama...thankfully most of it is behind me.... we had a little ripple in the water yesterday(usually no wind) maybe 2-4 inches... 6 people on board we ran right at 78gps. I am still waiting for everyone to say they dont want to go when i say 'speed run'...but I always have half dozen volunteers..imagine that:) I guess its a good thing.

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 12:21 PM
we should be nieghbors!!shouldnt you be on the water??

Sleek-Jet
06-26-2005, 12:40 PM
"Delivery in my mind means the boat is finished. Service only from now on"
So you are selling your boat without a warranty, as it seems none is needed? Just a recommend service plan.
Warranties are for fixing defects and broken parts after the sale, not for mopping up assembly QC issues...

wsuwrhr
06-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems Nash, at least you found out in your driveway, and noone got hurt.
I buy all my junk used, I HAVE to check everything to make sure it is right, even pull off the hubs to make sure grease was part of the deal.
That's how the poor boating folk do it.
Brian

NashvilleBound
06-26-2005, 02:14 PM
we should be nieghbors!!shouldnt you be on the water??
Not sure about the neighbor thing... :cry: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes: but our day on the water with River Otter got cancelled due to weather. Its iffy out and 2 hours to visit him with a sparkling clean ride...uh, no. No road grime quite yet. Spent about 8 hours on the water yesterday tho. good clean water...great friends...lifes good..oh..and a good boat;)

NashvilleBound
06-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems Nash, at least you found out in your driveway, and noone got hurt.
I buy all my junk used, I HAVE to check everything to make sure it is right, even pull off the hubs to make sure grease was part of the deal.
That's how the poor boating folk do it.
Brian
Brian, Brian, Brian...how soon you forget....I've been to your house...I know what neighborhood you live in... face it...your just a frugal(cheap) bastard;) :D Poor... thats a good one...lol....
Jeff