PDA

View Full Version : I pod question?

Force This
05-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I just installed a Pioneer I pod adaptor through my head unit and with the boat running, there is alternator feedback heard through the system, only happens when listening to the I pod, does not happen when listening to the c/d? Any ideas on what I should do? Thank you in advance

Outnumbered
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Try this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7jIrn8iggw1/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=NOISE+FILTER&i=127SNI135

WET HULL
05-01-2006, 04:17 PM
When you hooked up your ipod unit was the power cable hooked up to a power source in line with the alternator. If so connect that wire to a different power source or even better to the battery or perko directly. Also check your ground wire same remedy for both. The ipod will not pick up that noise so it has to be the IB100 itself that why I say find a different power source. Try that first. Hope that helps.

Force This
05-01-2006, 04:40 PM
The power wire was picked up from the Perko switch. Where else should I pick up a power source? Should I use the same wire that I used for the head unit? Thanks for the help.

WET HULL
05-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Yes if it is seperate wire all together. These things are really sensitive but when hooked up right you cant beat it. Mine is hooked up directly to the batteries through my stereo which has it own pos/neg from the battery terminals. I dont get any noise what so ever. Mine in no way has any connection to the alternator. Unhook the wire and run a jump wire from the battery to the IB100 and see if you pick up any noise. Good luck

Force This
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Thank you, I will jump it first