PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Illmor

Charley
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
So, many of you may have heard that I had an issue with one of my MV-625's 5 hours into my new boat...Well earlier that day the other 32 in Havi as well as Bob Leach's new Coupe also had an issue with their V-10s .... obviously this was not a good sign when 3 brand new boats lose a "common" motor in the same day :cry: . As it turns out, Illmor, like all other production engine Mfgrs got a bad batch of parts from a supplier ( I'm told, heat treatment on valve springs in this case) causing some serious failures across the board.
Well, someone smarter than me once said that character is not only based on how you act, but more importantly how you react. In my case, Illmor has gone above and beyond the call of duty to remedy my situation, and I just want to say thank you to Paul Ray and Ian Hawkins of Illmor for stepping up to the plate and showing me what Illmor is all about when the chips are down. Based on their actions, I have faith, that the reason I chose this package (reliability and power) will be reinstated very soon!
I also should give some credit to Dave and DCB, who after learning of the first MV10 going down Friday morning was on the phone with his shop and had a mechanic in route, in a truck, with a replacement viper engine within an hour and had the boat back on the water the following morning. Once again impressive service out of that camp, again showing me why my loyalty remains firm.
Thanks for looking at my lemons to lemonade post, See ya out there! :D

pleasantcat
05-04-2006, 10:56 AM
damn good deal charlie. wish cumberland would have stepped up like that on my deal