PDA

View Full Version : Sunday with John and Leah West of Ultraboats!

tamalewagon
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to throw out a special THANK YOU to John and Leah West for being so cool to my buddy and me yesterday. We came by the shop to check out the 22 Stealth and the 23 Shadow Deck, but low and behold they were closed (gee, go figure a company being closed on a Sunday! LOL). However as my buddy was checking the door to see if we could break in and view their inventory :p who should be walking up, but John and Leah to check in on their employees. Long story short, John opens up the showroom for us and takes an hour out of his Sunday to do a great Q & A with us. What I didn't know immediately is that he, Leah and kids were already late for a birthday party and could have easily told us that we'll get together at a more convenient time. No chance, not John and Leah. They took the time to go over the boats, options and some technical questions on performance. Again my apologies for making you guys late John, but that was damn nice of you guys to take your own personal time out on a Sunday and I wanted to let you know we appreciated your time. My thanks and kudos to you.

PHX ATC
05-01-2006, 11:18 AM
I like to hear stories like that.

AirtimeLavey
05-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Cool. Nice to hear there's still quality people around. :cool:

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 11:32 AM
they have gone above and beyond for me...
not just treated like a customer, but like I'm their only customer :cool:

Jyruiz
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Props to Ultra, wish more companies where like them.

N2Lake
05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I like to hear stories like that.
Aren't you about out of posts? :crossx:
John seems like a real upstanding guy in the short, no pun, time I visited with him.

tamalewagon
05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Aren't you about out of posts? :crossx:
John seems like a real upstanding guy in the short, no pun, time I visited with him.
He is indeed. As I understand it, my story above is indicative of his typical M.O. Not to mention his philanthropic work that he does for all sorts of different charities and causes and specifically with Cystic Fibrosis. Pretty cool to have him in the boating community if you ask me.

Brady Bunch
05-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Did you see that purdy 23' Deckboat for sale that was in the showroom???? :)

tamalewagon
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Did you see that purdy 23' Deckboat for sale that was in the showroom???? :)
That thing shor wus purdy! Squeal! lol. :D

tamalewagon
05-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Awesome, John is an upstanding guy, was he wearing the standard backwards ballcap? Does he ever take that thing off??? Good Luck buddy, I hope that you and your friend get your Ultras in the very near future...
Nope no ballcap yesterday...he was going to a b-day party and probably took some flak from the Mrs. LOL. Hope we'll be ordering the boats in the Oct/Nov area Barry...we'll see. When are you going to order yours ya lower river tramp? :)

ULTRA28
05-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm just glad I happened to be stopping by to be able to let you in. Looks like I might have to start being open on Sundays. Thanks for coming by. It sounds like your buddy is ready to buy. That 23 should be out of the mold tomorrow for him to see.

tamalewagon
05-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm just glad I happened to be stopping by to be able to let you in. Looks like I might have to start being open on Sundays. Thanks for coming by. It sounds like your buddy is ready to buy. That 23 should be out of the mold tomorrow for him to see.
Pretty sure he is...he was frothing at the mouth after seeing what was in the showroom.

ULTRA28
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
No hat, wtf John, are you losing it??? :D :D :D
The Carrera is suiting me okay right now, John knows that when I'm ready I will be seeing him. He builds a great boat IMO...
My hair is so long right now it just sticks out all over the place. I got tired of people giving me sh*t everywhere I go about "Rock The Boat" and how bad it was, so I found that if I don't wear the hat nobody recognizes me anymore.

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
John whenever you get ready to open up in Havasu I am looking for a new job, let me know :cool:

tamalewagon
05-01-2006, 06:38 PM
You need a Sunday salesman? Of course I will need a couple off a month to go to the River if that's okay, we can work something out on that new boat that you and I have talked about... :D :D :D
I suggest a wage of $4.50/hr John. He'll be on the forums all day. :crossx:

HocusPocus
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
customer service at its best.. you don't get that kind of help from too many businesses these days. :rollside: :rollside:

tamalewagon
05-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Hell I should pay him to work there.
If you're lucky, he might give you his hat! LOL. :D

Ultracrazy
05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Just wanted to throw out a special THANK YOU to John and Leah West for being so cool to my buddy and me yesterday. We came by the shop to check out the 22 Stealth and the 23 Shadow Deck, but low and behold they were closed (gee, go figure a company being closed on a Sunday! LOL). However as my buddy was checking the door to see if we could break in and view their inventory :p who should be walking up, but John and Leah to check in on their employees. Long story short, John opens up the showroom for us and takes an hour out of his Sunday to do a great Q & A with us. What I didn't know immediately is that he, Leah and kids were already late for a birthday party and could have easily told us that we'll get together at a more convenient time. No chance, not John and Leah. They took the time to go over the boats, options and some technical questions on performance. Again my apologies for making you guys late John, but that was damn nice of you guys to take your own personal time out on a Sunday and I wanted to let you know we appreciated your time. My thanks and kudos to you.
No surprise to me.......... :)