PDA

View Full Version : Rayson craft

Cole
06-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Well, john at Rayson craft said the boat will be out of the mold tommorow june 5th!!
i'll be there with family, camera and who ever wants to join me in this long awaited avent :D !!!
I asked him to try and have the boat ready
for OP6...its been quite some time but
he E-mailed me the other day and said to be there.
i just edited to a thumbs down
[ June 24, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Cole ]

Reaper1
06-04-2003, 11:07 AM
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-041.gif
Right On!

Sandbar Mike
06-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Cole:
Well, john at Rayson craft said the boat will be out of the mold tommorow june 5th!!
i'll be there with family, camera and who ever wants to join me in this long awaited avent :D !!!
I asked him to try and have the boat ready
for OP6...its been quite some time but
he E-mailed me the other day and said to be there. Cole I hope everything works out, But
If I were in your shoes I'd take a Gun with me and cap that ly'n piece of shit. argue :D
Good Luck

Cole
06-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Yea tell me about it....
tomorrow is suppose to be the day,
went there today and i actually think it might happen,keeping my fingers crossed sleeping Cole

Ian
06-10-2003, 01:43 PM
so what ever happened with this deal?

RACER52
06-10-2003, 02:19 PM
LETS SEE IT!!! WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT CHANGES IF ANY HE HAS MADE IN 2 YEARS.

NastyOne
06-10-2003, 04:14 PM
We want Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charley
06-10-2003, 04:20 PM
YAHOOOOO!!!!! I agree Pics!!!

Cole
06-10-2003, 07:15 PM
i saw the bottom the other day and it looks good..i am going tomorrow so I'll take a picture of it and post it..someday I might actually get to see the top and bottom together....and maybe see what the hell I ordered a year or so ago!!!
But I cant be THAT optimistic!! burningm
Cole

unleashed
06-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Hey Cole, Did you ever get your boat??? I heard that John at Rayson Craft just got 7 years or something like that. Is this true??? If it is who is going to work on your boat???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

=PAYED CA$H=
06-24-2003, 10:36 AM
HE SHOULD GET 22 YEARS. ONE FOR EACH MONTH IT TOOK HIM TO FINISH MY HOMEY'S BOAT......... idea
THATS A RISKY THING TO IN THE MIX WITH OVER THEIR..... :confused:

Cole
06-24-2003, 01:48 PM
I don't know what the **** is going on over their, all I know is his dad is running the show.
They are being VERY vague on what is going on with the owner.
The bottom is out and the top is still in the mold (done.. but in the mold).
Jimmy, who is Johns dad has informed me there is NO money, and that if i want my boat we can do a day by day of paying an employee to come in finish the job at $200.00 per day....of course, i will be paying the employee out of my pocket.(dont forget the boat is paid in full this is just to put the top on and finish the ****ING thing!!!!!!
SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...THERE IS NO MONEY SO SUING THEM MEANS NOTHING....ANY IDEAS??

unleashed
06-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Damn dude you are screwed. Im not sure there are really any options. Just pay the rigger to finish it then as soon as the top and bottom are together take it somewhere else to get it finished. Thats all you really could do. Then on your way out take anything in that place of value and sell it to recoup(If there is anything left).
Deano

bigq
06-24-2003, 02:01 PM
If you have a trailer you can put it on can't you get the top out of the mold and take the top and bottom somewhere to get it put together at a place like GT or the DCB rigging guys?

Cole
06-24-2003, 02:05 PM
i think that is my only option...pay a worker to put the top on and get it the hell out of there!
GT marine is going to do the rigging and put the thing together(that has been the plaN for over a year now.....WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!
I WANT TO REALLY ...NO I CANT DO THAT!! devil
Cole

Cole
06-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Bigq...i dont know if taking a 26'top and transporting it could work....but hell at this point i'll try anything!!!!!

Cole
06-24-2003, 02:10 PM
The ****ed thing is my trailer that i am suppose to own is somewhere over there, and the dad doesn't know where,i'd like to put the bottom on that at least!!

unleashed
06-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear all the shit youre going through Cole. Did you ever do a background check on Rayson Craft before you did the deal with this guy?? I mean its to late now but there must have been a reason you did business with him?? Just get your freaking boat out of there before it dissapears as well.
Deano

=PAYED CA$H=
06-24-2003, 06:02 PM
I WOULD HAVE A BUDDY DROP ME OFF OVER THEIR AND WALK RIGHT IN THE FRONT DOOR PUNCH THE HELL OUTTA WHO EVER THE **** IS RUNNING THE SHOW, AND TAKE THE KEYS TO WHATEVER PIECE OF SHIT THEY DROVE UP IN, GO OUTSIDE AND DRIVE RIGHT THE HELL OFF.......
THAT SHOULD BE THE BEGINING OFF YOUR COLLECTION TO WHAT THEY OWE YOU............ burningm

Cole
06-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Payed cash,sounds great!!!!!
however...if i can just get the damn thing out...its almost ready!!!
then we'll kick some ass...the place has to be under a police survelance anyway!!
[ June 24, 2003, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Cole ]

=PAYED CA$H=
06-24-2003, 06:11 PM
IF THEY KNOW HOW RAYSON HAS ****ED PEOPLE IN THE PAST, THEN THEY PROBABLY KNOW THAT SOMETHING LIKE THAT COULD HAPPEN AT ANYTIME.......... :D
I BET THEY WOULD'NT STOP YOU IF THEY HAD A GOOD IDEA OF THE BOAT YOUR IN, OR SHOULD I SAY NOT IN YET......... :D
GET PISSED AND DO SOMETHING DRASTIC LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON WOULD, HELL IM GETTIN PISSED JUST HEARING ALL THESE STORIES ABOUT THEM...... burningm

RACER52
06-25-2003, 11:25 AM
DAMN THAT SUCKS ASS. I SAY HAVE THEM PUT THE ****ING MOLD ON A TRAILER AND MAYBE SOMEONE WILL BUY THAT SUCKER FROM YA. HIS DAD DOESNT WANT IT ANYWAY. THEN MAYBE YOU COULD BREAK EVEN. YOU MIGHT BE BETTER OFF TO HAVE GT OR DCB PUT THE HULL TOGETHER. I HAD MINE GROUND DOWN TO NOTHING AND FOUND THAT THERE WASNT MUCH HOLDING THAT SUCKER TOGETHER.
GOOD LUCK,
AND BRING YOUR TRUCK AND FILL IT UP WITH WHATEVER

Charley
06-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Sorry....but realize you are getting your shots in here but spreading the news :( bummer that it can't just be a simple process to buy a boat

faster
08-19-2003, 11:23 AM
[ August 19, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: faster ]

faster
08-19-2003, 11:23 AM
What's the update? Did you get it yet? pig_flyi

unleashed
08-19-2003, 01:42 PM
I'll be suprised if he got his boat. I think the owner John is definitly in prison.
Deano

mbrown2
08-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Did Cole ever get a boat...the Rayson thing really sucked, but he was also working on getting the Elim 26 with twins...

Ivan Dan
08-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey Cole whatever happened with the Rayson Raft? I guess I was right the first time when I heard John was in jail. Hope things work out with your boat one way or another.
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)

bigkatboat
08-25-2003, 10:51 PM
What is the story on this guy going to jail? Who's name is on the business license? Please fill us in on your progress. Thanks and good luck!

roln 20s
08-26-2003, 08:33 AM
I talked to Tony at WCRM, and Cole apparently called him the other day with questions on getting his boat done. I feel real bad for Cole, he is really getting screwed over. If I heard Tony right, Cole is trying to get the two pieces of the mold and have someone else put it together.
Cole- I'm in AZ, but I have your back if you need anything. Let me know and good luck. Tony can definately help you out and make this horrible situation better.
Roln 20s

Cole
08-26-2003, 10:49 AM
I talked to Tony the other day with helping me: 1)get my boat and blower motor out from there and 2)finishing the boat!!!
I talked to him for a good hour the other day and seems to be a real stand up guy,(wouldn't that be a change) the plan is he wants to meet me there and format a plan on either transporting the top and bottom separately or have someone connect them and moving them together...
i had bought a trailer from John but he sold it out from under me....I called competitive and talked to Dan and explained the situation, what a cool guy.... he said "if i need to borrow a trailer to move the boat all i have to do is give him the word"...Tony also knows somebody at extreme trailers who could help.
Yes, John is in jail(L.A COUNTY) for now and the last I heard he is in for 7 years, that could have been reduced but I don't know....
I have been in contact with johns wife and making arrangement with her to get my boat and motor!!!!
I'll keep everyone posted...
thanks for the concern..Cole

mbrown2
08-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Cole, that's dreadful news, but it sounds like your making some sort of progress in the aftermath...what ever happened to the Elim 26?

Boozer
08-26-2003, 11:02 AM
I say you need to get access to this place and take anything and everything of value that is in it. You paid for a boat and still don't have it, You paid for a trailer and the f^%$er sold it to someone else AFTER you paid for it. I'd jack that place for their molds and anything else you can get your hands on.

hboldno7
08-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Boozer:
I say you need to get access to this place and take anything and everything of value that is in it. You paid for a boat and still don't have it, You paid for a trailer and the f^%$er sold it to someone else AFTER you paid for it. I'd jack that place for their molds and anything else you can get your hands on. Good idea, then he'd have no boat and be in jail.

GONE2RIVER
08-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Johnny owes so many people a lot of money. I know quite a few that have judgments against Johnny so they have first crack at any assets. From what I understand, Johnny doesn't have much to get. Most of the molds in the shop are owned by other people and there really are no assets to attack. A little rumor that I have heard is that he owes some very bad people a large amount of money. These are the people that do not attack assets, they attack you. Lets just say that there was a boat in the shop named "Gangster's Paradise." ENOUGH SAID

Cole
08-26-2003, 11:13 AM
I don't think "jacking"the place would help a whole lot.....not that i wouldn't LOVE to do that.
i think we should look at buying rayson craft,
the owner wont be around for a long,long time and i would have to think the wife is having a hard time keeping up with those water front home payments...just a thought.

BADBLOWN572
08-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Cole, I think that is a great idea. Someone could probably get the company pretty cheap. Since there are no assets, what is a company worth? The only good thing is the Rayson Craft name, to those who don't know Johnny and only know the history of Rayson Craft. Those of us that know the current status don't think much of it at this point. But, Rayson Craft has one of the greatest histories of any boat manufacturer.

Boozer
08-26-2003, 11:39 AM
How much do you think it would cost to buy the company? Probably have to pay off all the judgements against the company before it could be bought out. So it would probably be more expensive then most of us can afford but if anyone manages to pull it off for cheap I'll be happy to chip in. Maybe everyone from these boards could put in $5,000 there might just be enough loot to do it. And for $5,000 to be part owner of a boat company you can't go wrong.

Boozer
08-26-2003, 11:40 AM
BTW... Anyone know what that dude got locked up for?

BADBLOWN572
08-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Receipt of stolen property (2nd offense I believe)

Cole
08-26-2003, 01:05 PM
I heard the same thing..."recieving stolen mdse.."

GONE2RIVER
08-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Information on John Whittset Strait from the LA County sherrifs dept.
Case No.: TA06939301
Charge No.: 496(A)PC Charge Desciption: RECEIVING KNOWN STOLEN PROPERTY,>$400
Charge Level: F (Felony)
Court Name: COMPTON SUPERIOR CT DEPT L
Court Address: 200 W. COMPTON BOULEVARD Court City: COMPTON
Bail Amount: 0 Fine Amount: .00
Court Date: 08/12/2003 Sentence Date: 08/12/2003 Number of days Sentenced: 0
Disposition Code: SP3 Disposition Description: STATE PRISON 3, BOTH ABSTRA

Cole
08-26-2003, 01:52 PM
whats that translate too :confused: Cole
[ August 26, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Cole ]

Cole
08-26-2003, 01:57 PM
i wonder if BOAT PI's business has slowed a bit???
wouldn't that be cool!!! :D Cole

unleashed
08-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Goodluck with your boat Cole. Sounds like you have things under control somewhat. Im sure when John gets out of jail he'll make good on all his promises to you! burningm
Deano

LAPD Gary
08-27-2003, 12:34 AM
Okay,
I've been away from this site for over a year,
Let me begin by saying this idiot John has been a swindler for a very long time. Someone who posted on this thread was royally screwed by him 2 years ago, and, as far as I know, has had all kinds of trouble with the hull he had made by that a-hole. Having it put together somewhere else is a good thing.
This "John" character was arrested for the theft of race driver Paul Tracy's Eliminator Daytona a few years back. I don't know if his prior conviction was related to that incident.
The person I have not revealed asked if I would stop by on duty, which I did. This guy almost jumped out of his socks when he saw my blk. and wht. pull up and this was 2 years ago when he was'nt "in trouble", at least no one was on to him. As for stuff in his shop then, he had been very late on putting the hull together for the person I knew and there were some old "Hi Tech" boat molds,and, of course, his 25ft. Cat mold which is supposed to have the splashed Talon bottom. Other than that, there was'nt even a nice tool box in the joint. Everything was half ass and I was surprised the person I knew dumped as much money as he did (like 50% before the build) into a place that looked like a dump. In the end, the person got their boat but MUCH later than the agreed finish date and in MUCH worse shape and quality, than was anticipated. If I had been around these boards, I would have posted this. As for the person I know,I don't think too highly of him these days due to other things and I think it's a shame he did'nt "buck up" and email Cole privately to warn him of this idiot, especially since he posted on this thread.
Best of luck Cole, sorry to hear of your trouble with a true "menace to society".

mbrown2
08-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Well, I have never bought a RaysonCraft, so lets get that out of the way..
Cole, did you ever get the Eliminator? What happended to that deal? I thought you would at least have one boat to use...

unleashed
08-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Sounds like this John Character was bad news all around. I had heard gossip about him throughout the industry and now I believe most of it must have been true.
Cole I believe you may be able to have him arrested for fraud if you kept good records. Thats ofcourse when he gets out of jail.
Wouldnt that be something. He gets out then arrested again.
Deano

Cole
08-27-2003, 07:50 AM
No, i havnt done the 26 daytona yet..
although i do have $5000 deposit on it and a pair of 2.5s.Once i get this Rayson craft out of my hair and collect some of the "cash" i'll move on to that project...thats what i cant wait to do...if they havnt sold it yet!!!

GONE2RIVER
08-27-2003, 08:34 AM
I have met Johnny a couple of times and that guy always gave me the creeps. I remember one time I was in his shop and I see a boat upside down with glass laid over the hull. I asked Johnny what he was doing and he said that they were doing fiberglass repair. Sounded a little funny to me, but OK. I found out later that the boat was a Carrera and that is where their cat mold came from. I know two people who bought 27' boats from him and both of them got screwed.
The first friend bought a 27 with a "500 HP" and what he got was a chevy crate motor with a single carb, used gimbal, and a standard drive. He even showed on his check that it was for "payment for 500 h.p. engine." However Johnny said that the crate motor was an upgrade because it made more power. B.S.
Another guy I met boutght a 27 that was going to be made into a Factory 1 raceboat. He also wanted it to be a pleasure boat that had to move so he bought two different engines. One was a big CID engine for pleasure and the other was for a 500hp to go racing in F1. The boat was to be capped, custom layup, etc. Johnny used standard wood then layed a thin layer of balsa over the top to give the appearance of a balsa layup. The boat was at Rayson Craft for approx a year before the owner pulled it. When he pulled it, it had no interior, trailer, and only a long block in the boat. From what I hear he had approx 70k into the boat paid to Rayson Craft and another 20-30k to finish it. He never did get his 500hp.

mbrown2
08-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Cole:
No, i havnt done the 26 daytona yet..
although i do have $5000 deposit on it and a pair of 2.5s.Once i get this Rayson craft out of my hair and collect some of the "cash" i'll move on to that project...thats what i cant wait to do...if they havnt sold it yet!!! Good luck Cole, twin blenders is a good thing...

Boozer
08-27-2003, 09:08 AM
Wow, This Johnny fellow sounds like a real stand up guy. It's a shame good hardworking citizens like him go to prison.

Cole
08-27-2003, 09:30 AM
I should have listened to my girlfriend when I did this deal!!!She said "I dont trust him"
I asked why?" he will not look either of us in the eyes...and I dont trust anyone who cant look us straight into the eyes" I told her I agree but if he is having finicial problems(john and i had talked about how tough it is owning a small business)and maybe he is just having so many money problems that he felt ashamed or just not "standing tall" as a succesfull business owner!!
she said "i understand what your saying...but theirs just something about him i dont trust"......if i only knew!!!

unleashed
08-27-2003, 11:12 AM
GONE2RIVER:
I have met Johnny a couple of times and that guy always gave me the creeps. I remember one time I was in his shop and I see a boat upside down with glass laid over the hull. I asked Johnny what he was doing and he said that they were doing fiberglass repair. Sounded a little funny to me, but OK. I found out later that the boat was a Carrera and that is where their cat mold came from. I know two people who bought 27' boats from him and both of them got screwed.
The first friend bought a 27 with a "500 HP" and what he got was a chevy crate motor with a single carb, used gimbal, and a standard drive. He even showed on his check that it was for "payment for 500 h.p. engine." However Johnny said that the crate motor was an upgrade because it made more power. B.S.
Another guy I met boutght a 27 that was going to be made into a Factory 1 raceboat. He also wanted it to be a pleasure boat that had to move so he bought two different engines. One was a big CID engine for pleasure and the other was for a 500hp to go racing in F1. The boat was to be capped, custom layup, etc. Johnny used standard wood then layed a thin layer of balsa over the top to give the appearance of a balsa layup. The boat was at Rayson Craft for approx a year before the owner pulled it. When he pulled it, it had no interior, trailer, and only a long block in the boat. From what I hear he had approx 70k into the boat paid to Rayson Craft and another 20-30k to finish it. He never did get his 500hp. Ahhhhhhhh, I think jail is to good for this dude. I hope he gets what he deserves when he gets out.
Deano

Cole
08-27-2003, 11:55 AM
I would be there on my weekly "how's the boat coming visit" just hanging out when almost every time i am there, john would get cornered by an irate customer, arms swinging in the air pointing at his boat while yelling at john...i always assumed the customer was just pissed about something with his boat!
so one day a few months later, the same guy comes in and asks me if i had seen john told him "no."
So I asked him what kind of problem has he been having with john.....HOLLY SHIT i could not believe what he had told me,he said "John was doing some repair work on my boat and when I came to pick it up, the drive,stereo,gps,engine parts were yanked off the boat and installed on another boat so he could roll it"!!
John had promised he would pay him back and had been making him payments but had fallen behind so he was there to "collect."
I heard the SAME story at least 3 more times from different people...

CEO
08-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Well, I think I'm going to DCB for sure!!!!

faster
09-01-2003, 07:52 PM
[ September 01, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: faster ]

faster
09-01-2003, 07:54 PM
LAPD Gary:
Okay,
I've been away from this site for over a year,
Let me begin by saying this idiot John has been a swindler for a very long time. Someone who posted on this thread was royally screwed by him 2 years ago, and, as far as I know, has had all kinds of trouble with the hull he had made by that a-hole. Having it put together somewhere else is a good thing.
This "John" character was arrested for the theft of race driver Paul Tracy's Eliminator Daytona a few years back. I don't know if his prior conviction was related to that incident.
The person I have not revealed asked if I would stop by on duty, which I did. This guy almost jumped out of his socks when he saw my blk. and wht. pull up and this was 2 years ago when he was'nt "in trouble", at least no one was on to him. As for stuff in his shop then, he had been very late on putting the hull together for the person I knew and there were some old "Hi Tech" boat molds,and, of course, his 25ft. Cat mold which is supposed to have the splashed Talon bottom. Other than that, there was'nt even a nice tool box in the joint. Everything was half ass and I was surprised the person I knew dumped as much money as he did (like 50% before the build) into a place that looked like a dump. In the end, the person got their boat but MUCH later than the agreed finish date and in MUCH worse shape and quality, than was anticipated. If I had been around these boards, I would have posted this. As for the person I know,I don't think too highly of him these days due to other things and I think it's a shame he did'nt "buck up" and email Cole privately to warn him of this idiot, especially since he posted on this thread.
Best of luck Cole, sorry to hear of your trouble with a true "menace to society". Gary, Just what was it you expected? Ahhh, never mind just a waste of time.
BTW I spoke with Cole before he ever gave Johnny Ray Whittset any money... how wbout you Buck up and call me to set the record straight...?

LAPD Gary
09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
You should have posted about Johnny here on this site a long time ago. Tell me anything I said about that situation here that is/was not true.
As for you and I, you're not worth the phone call.

LAPD Gary
09-01-2003, 08:55 PM
And while I'm here John, chew on this:
The true definition of character is what a person does when no one else is looking. Take a hard look in the mirror, you might not like what you see.

Kilrtoy
09-01-2003, 08:58 PM
AFTER READING ALL THIS SHIT,
it is sad that hot boat does not due a better job and inform their reading membership of such shitty companies. Instead they promote them...

BADBLOWN572
09-02-2003, 09:40 AM
[ September 02, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: BADBLOWN572 ]

faster
09-02-2003, 10:47 AM
[ September 02, 2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: faster ]

faster
09-02-2003, 10:52 AM
faster:
LAPD Gary:
And while I'm here John, chew on this:
The true definition of character is what a person does when no one else is looking. Take a hard look in the mirror, you might not like what you see. Gary, your a ding dong, I tried to help you but your guy that you sent over said you couldn't do it. until you call me you can only assume you know what took place... And as for you how many names do you post under. And as for my actions I have a clear mind, it sounds like you stay up at night thinking about shit to bitch about. this is comedy
BTW 949-306-6126, jgimpl@estorageinc.com

faster
09-02-2003, 11:32 AM
[ September 02, 2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: faster ]

LAPD Gary
09-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Hey Johnny,
I make no bones about the fact I was gone from this site for 15 months,or the fact my old handle was LOWRIVER. Fact is, since everyone knows I'm a cop, why not list EXACTLY WHAT AND WHO I AM? You're lack of posting on this subject is the very reason I came back to post cause I did'nt like seeing someone else get screwed while you sat by.
Guy sent over? I sent NO ONE. You told me a price and I was naieve and should have used an agent,but trusted a "friend" I thought you were. As usual, the dealer in you won over any friendship I thought we had. And you sold the place for 7k less than the price you quoted me. I never asked for any favors, just the straight facts which you beat around the bush on. As for affordability, stop by my place at the river and tell me what I can't afford, you brother in law has seen it and can give you directions.
I see you edited your posts, looks like you're starting to think twice before you write a check with your mouth that your ass can't cash.
LAPD Gary/ or LowRiver: Either way, you know where I live if you want some "buddy"

faster
09-02-2003, 12:36 PM
LAPD Gary:
Hey Johnny,
I make no bones about the fact I was gone from this site for 15 months,or the fact my old handle was LOWRIVER. Fact is, since everyone knows I'm a cop, why not list EXACTLY WHAT AND WHO I AM? You're lack of posting on this subject is the very reason I came back to post cause I did'nt like seeing someone else get screwed while you sat by.
Guy sent over? I sent NO ONE. You told me a price and I was naieve and should have used an agent,but trusted a "friend" I thought you were. As usual, the dealer in you won over any friendship I thought we had. And you sold the place for 7k less than the price you quoted me. I never asked for any favors, just the straight facts which you beat around the bush on. As for affordability, stop by my place at the river and tell me what I can't afford, you brother in law has seen it and can give you directions.
I see you edited your posts, looks like you're starting to think twice before you write a check with your mouth that your ass can't cash.
LAPD Gary/ or LowRiver: Either way, you know where I live if you want some "buddy" Hmm.... My phones not ringing and you'd rather make shit up then straighten shit out. You sent your boy Fred over, and also who said anything about can't afford, I didn't? And I guess the old addage of don't do business with friends applies here Gary. Why don't you try being a sole providor raising three kids in diapers while moving and then tell me how much time you'd spend trying to help someone that won't even pick up the phone. Sounds like you'd rather be bitchy than solve a problem. Call me and settle it keep your mouth shut Gary.
And as for Cole I personally met the guy before this post and before he Gave Johnny Ray any money and he was warned. SO what more do you want, just because I didn't decide to post my bad purchasing decisions with everyone on the internet doesn't mean I need your approval in how I handle the issue, If you don't like it Butt the **** out Gary. Hmmm.. my phone still isn't ringing.
Until you want to call me quit making shit up
[ September 02, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: faster ]

Jrocket
09-02-2003, 06:25 PM
LAPD Gary:
Hey Johnny,
Were you talking to me or somebody else?
Johnny Rocket

LAPD Gary
09-03-2003, 05:02 AM
JRocket, Faster's first name is John, nothing in my comments is aimed at you or anyone else but him.
Where to start with you John G?
1. Fred never told me he talked to you, I left you a message on your cell to call me and got no reply, the ball was in your court.
2. I came on here about the boat in the first place, yes, if you want to be a true contributer here,and not just a "good time Johnny", you do sound off if you've been screwed by a mfg. Now tell me ANYTHING I said about your deal was not true? Who asked me to go to that shop after complaining about all the shit that happened to that boat? Do I have to mention the bondo that was used on the screw ups to the sides and deck? Bacon and I BOTH saw it on different occasions. I suppose the engine hatch blowing off at WOT was, indeed, your own fault though. The only thing I don't have confirmed is that you may have used Whitsett in the rigging of your old boat. If that's true, you're a two time loser. Tell me that is'nt true. What else did you do with Whitsett? I'm sure we would all like to know.
As for my handle, let's see, I'm gone 15 months and guess what, I forgot my password. Who does'nt know LR is LAPD? You? LMAO.
You're lack of bashing Whitsett is what got me to post here, I never brought up the situation between you and I, but since we're here: Don't even bring the family into it, You were'nt 19 and had kids by mistake, You were in your mid 30's and making over 150K. Who wears the pants to decide those things? Oh, maybe like you rolled over with Whitsett, you just let someone else decide for you, that's the difference between you and me, you get taken for a ride, I take people for a ride. As for sitting around at night thinking up stuff, do a search under LAPD Metropolitan Division, you can clue yourself in on what I do. This was just a walk down memory lane, in focus. You did'nt learn from your father in law: Cops just don't forget those that screw with them.
Now, after all this, you want to tell me to "shut up"? Yeah, like I posted, you know EXACTLY where I live, you even have my house number. Anytime you want to physically try that, either come by or call first and I'll make special arragements to be there. "I'm your Huckleberry"
I'm done here, it's clear you think it's okay to cruise through life on the sidelines and not have the intestinal fortitude to call a spade a spade, especially when it comes to letting others know there's a pariah in the boat business. Like I said earlier, there's contributers and profilers in life, you certainly are a good profiler.
The invite's open "Faster",
Bring it,
Gary

hboldno7
09-03-2003, 10:44 AM
I think the last post was well suited for a pm

faster
09-03-2003, 11:06 AM
LAPD Gary:
JRocket, Faster's first name is John, nothing in my comments is aimed at you or anyone else but him.
Where to start with you John G?
1. Fred never told me he talked to you, I left you a message on your cell to call me and got no reply, the ball was in your court.
2. I came on here about the boat in the first place, yes, if you want to be a true contributer here,and not just a "good time Johnny", you do sound off if you've been screwed by a mfg. Now tell me ANYTHING I said about your deal was not true? Who asked me to go to that shop after complaining about all the shit that happened to that boat? Do I have to mention the bondo that was used on the screw ups to the sides and deck? Bacon and I BOTH saw it on different occasions. I suppose the engine hatch blowing off at WOT was, indeed, your own fault though. The only thing I don't have confirmed is that you may have used Whitsett in the rigging of your old boat. If that's true, you're a two time loser. Tell me that is'nt true. What else did you do with Whitsett? I'm sure we would all like to know.
As for my handle, let's see, I'm gone 15 months and guess what, I forgot my password. Who does'nt know LR is LAPD? You? LMAO.
You're lack of bashing Whitsett is what got me to post here, I never brought up the situation between you and I, but since we're here: Don't even bring the family into it, You were'nt 19 and had kids by mistake, You were in your mid 30's and making over 150K. Who wears the pants to decide those things? Oh, maybe like you rolled over with Whitsett, you just let someone else decide for you, that's the difference between you and me, you get taken for a ride, I take people for a ride. As for sitting around at night thinking up stuff, do a search under LAPD Metropolitan Division, you can clue yourself in on what I do. This was just a walk down memory lane, in focus. You did'nt learn from your father in law: Cops just don't forget those that screw with them.
Now, after all this, you want to tell me to "shut up"? Yeah, like I posted, you know EXACTLY where I live, you even have my house number. Anytime you want to physically try that, either come by or call first and I'll make special arragements to be there. "I'm your Huckleberry"
I'm done here, it's clear you think it's okay to cruise through life on the sidelines and not have the intestinal fortitude to call a spade a spade, especially when it comes to letting others know there's a pariah in the boat business. Like I said earlier, there's contributers and profilers in life, you certainly are a good profiler.
The invite's open "Faster",
Bring it,
Gary 1. I never received a message on my cell, but I recall leaving one on yours
2. Now knowing that Fred came over to my house aren't you even the slightest bit intersted in the fact that maybe your wrong and you really don't know ALL the facts,. Or is this a case of Shoot first and justify it later?
3. Your insinuations regarding any thing other than me buying a boat from rayson craft are ridiculous. I live clean. I play clean. You know I actually almost called your house again last night and apologized for some of my comments because I knew you must not have had all the information. I'm not sure why but I actually felt sorry for you
4. All this extra bullshit about me and how I deal with people is a joke. I have planty of friends and I help plenty of people. It would seem as though your the only person I've pissed off, maybe it's you Gary, maybe your wrong
5. In regards to Cole, until you know all the facts why don't quit sounding off. I called you last night and I stil don't have a return phone call. It sounds like you'd rather be pissed then move on.
6. As far as telling you to shut up, yeah until you learn to speak the truth and those little gremlins in your head stop making shit up I say get your facts straight or keep to yourself.
7. I find it hilarious that several of your posts with me and other board memebrs you are challenging us to go at it. What a ****ing joke. Lets fight with a cop. Is that what boat and river people do? how ****ing gay is that? your pissed because you didn't get something you wanted. I'm pissed because you make shit up like my four year old.
8. If you really are interested in Rayson Craft, Cole, and how many hundreds of hours I've spent on this whole thing then be a man and pick up the phone, or even put your email address up so I can PM you. or once again mind your own business unless you know what you're talking about.
9. I can't help but laugh at some of the shit you wrote up there, Who wears the pants? do you really want to go there? "cop's just don't forget those that screw with them", are you threatening me? I rolled over with Whittsett? hmmm how was that? I get taken for a ride and you take people for a ride, i'm not quite sure why but it's funny
10. In hindsight I do need to thank you for making that trip by there that day, i mean after all what are buddies for

LAPD Gary
09-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Man, all the way down the second page and you have'nt said ONE THING to disprove anything about what I wrote in regards to your boat deal with Whitsett. Quit spinning your wheels and answer the question.
As far as me not forgetting something, how in the hell is that a threat? I simply don't forget who did me wrong, like you would like me to do.
Hey I did challenge people to fight in the past,and you're right, all of them chose to be big mouths and not step up. With you, I simply said "hey, I'm here if you want to do something. That offer always stands. I'm not after you, but come at me half cocked at my place and take the consequences.
Oh,fighting is so gay, sorry, I'm not part of the pussy generation that only cares who has a low score at golf and who has the fastest boat or best cars. You're right, there are a lot of pussified boaters out there. I guess that comes with a beer belly, I don't know what that's like.
Making up shit? Yeah, like I said, nothing I said about your boat deal with Whitsett has been contested by you and you should have posted the ordeal to warn others. The latter is my opinion, not making up shit. As for our business, it's obviously my word against yours. That's a business dispute and as I posted, I did'nt get specific in the original post, you did, so now it's out. What's a matter? Am I ruining your precious image as Mr. perfect? Yeah, and who do you think told me you used to do some uncool shit back in the day? One guess, it was'nt a bird on the wall. I'll keep it at that, and you damn well know what I'm talking about. I'd say you better cool your heels here. The dirty laundry could get smelly really quick.
Why pm and talk on the phone? I've got nothing to hide. Do you?
Oh, and your welcome for me going the extra mile for you. I did that along with any other crap I ever did for ya as a friend (boy I was sure dumb), forget about it all, I sure did.

LAPD Gary
09-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh and the gremlin line, that was cute. Least I always paid my share for gas in the boats I rode in when I was young and boatless/LOL

LAPD Gary
09-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Oh yes John, on the wearing of the pants, please: GO THERE! LOL

unleashed
09-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Dudes, you two need to chill. Old Whitsett is in Jail and he still has people jabbing at eachother. If you both are man enough I suggest you take your argument private and maybe get past all the bullshit and become civil again. I mean you did used to be freinds right??? I mean there must have been something you guys liked about eachother. Seriously though squash this shit and lets get back to whitsett bashing where this thread belongs! Lifes to short to hold grudges.
Deano

LAPD Gary
09-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Fair enough Deano, at your request, my final post on this thread. I'm sure some dribble will follow from John G. and that's fine, he knows where the buck stops.
Just reread my first post on this subject. I will never think highly of John G. based on some tricks he pulled as a prof. real estate agent on me, a naieve potential buyer, at the time. Especially since there was a history. Nothing to say in private to this character, he knows what he did, and he can live with himself, that's his deal. My objective in the thread was all of us, if we are to be contributors to other boaters here, should relay the good and bad experiences we have with boat mfg.'s, repair shops and the like. I posted my definition of contributors and profilers. That should say enough.
Cole, if John G. did tell you EVERYTHING about his ordeal with Whitsett, I do question why you would buy one. I do, however, find it hard to believe all of the shinanagans Whitsett pulled on John G.were told to you. Either way, best of luck with the situation you have.
None of the events on the building process of John G.'s boat were ever told to be otherwise, I would take that as true until the events are posted otherwise here.
The good thing about me, it's easy to know where I stand with you.
LAPD Gary out:
And was that Ultra rigged/helped by Whitsett in any way John G.?

faster
09-03-2003, 07:02 PM
LAPD Gary:
Fair enough Deano, at your request, my final post on this thread. I'm sure some dribble will follow from John G. and that's fine, he knows where the buck stops.
Just reread my first post on this subject. I will never think highly of John G. based on some tricks he pulled as a prof. real estate agent on me, a naieve potential buyer, at the time. Especially since there was a history. Nothing to say in private to this character, he knows what he did, and he can live with himself, that's his deal. My objective in the thread was all of us, if we are to be contributors to other boaters here, should relay the good and bad experiences we have with boat mfg.'s, repair shops and the like. I posted my definition of contributors and profilers. That should say enough.
Cole, if John G. did tell you EVERYTHING about his ordeal with Whitsett, I do question why you would buy one. I do, however, find it hard to believe all of the shinanagans Whitsett pulled on John G.were told to you. Either way, best of luck with the situation you have.
None of the events on the building process of John G.'s boat were ever told to be otherwise, I would take that as true until the events are posted otherwise here.
The good thing about me, it's easy to know where I stand with you.
LAPD Gary out:
And was that Ultra rigged/helped by Whitsett in any way John G.? Your not the brightest guy I know Gary, Is whitsett under investigation? duh!!
\
Deano, I tried to go offline, no doin ding dong, isn't man enough to call.
I agree though this is not our private forum to bicker at each other. Gary as for what I post and don't post regarding Rayson Craft all I can say is figure out mr policeman.

hot_diggity_dog
09-04-2003, 05:22 AM
Deano, I tried to go offline, no doin ding dong, isn't man enough to call.
There is a button that say's send private message to member. wink eek! :D
That's how you should of handled this situation once it turned into the bash each other thread. :rolleyes:
HDD :cool:

Cole
09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Ya this was "MY" bitch thread... :D
Cole

gmocnik
09-04-2003, 12:17 PM
now my life is really upside down...lapdgary has insulted my quest for a single digit handicap and a triple digit boat...there is more to life???

tim nilan
09-04-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm a lawyer representing a guy who bought a hull from John at RC. He stored it at a place not far from John's shop.
It seems a different guy had also paid John for the same kind of hull to be made.
John told this second guy that my client STOLE his (the second guy's) hull, and told him where my client had it stored.
So the second guy gets into the storage, snaps a picture of the bare hull, claims that it is his, that my guy stole if from John at RC, and got a lawyer to sue my guy. The suit appears to be based on nothing but John's word.
Anyone who can give a written statement about John's credibility, and how they were swindled, could sure help me get rid of this case before everyone spends a bunch time and money litigating and perhaps going to trial. I've ordered Johnny's criminal record, but sure could use some statements based on someone's personal knowledge.
"Getting involved" by just relating what they know about Johnny's conduct cannot possibly cause any type of problem whatsoever for whoever would be willing to help both of these parties (by giving a statement) before the litigation goes too far.
Johnny is not even named as a party to the suit, though he is mentioned as the one who told the plaintiff that Defendant (my client) stole Plaintiff's hull.
Tim Nilan 323.587.1137 timnilan@yahoo.com

mbrown2
09-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Rayson Craft...The Gift that keeps Giving...If I wanted a headache, I have built pools that were a pleasant experience compared to this.. :) :D :)
Too Bad about RC...their older 21's are bad ass.
[ September 04, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Cole
09-05-2003, 06:42 AM
Tim,check your pm's.

faster
09-05-2003, 10:13 AM
gmocnik:
now my life is really upside down...lapdgary has insulted my quest for a single digit handicap and a triple digit boat...there is more to life??? That would be a perfect world!!

BoatPI
09-05-2003, 06:58 PM
I read my screen name posted here, so I thought I could briefly jump in.
I have examined many of JW's boats. None of the boats were equipped with legitimate professionally made engines. Rebuilt Merc's, used outdrives and gimbals, lack of recorded serial number at time of production, lack of the required second hull ID number (check you Commander for this issue too, better yet call them, they will tell you), and many other disturbing issues.
I am not aware of the proper manufactuers liability insurance in place.
An unusual number of "reported stolen" Raysoncraft's. Most of which were NEVER recovered.
Do you see credibility issues here?

tim nilan
09-07-2003, 12:58 PM
BOAT PI, SENT YOU A PM.

haulina29
09-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Cole did you actually give RC cash or did you trade some type of goods or services for the deposit and payments on your boat? Just curious !!

Cole
09-08-2003, 07:26 AM
29, if you look back at some of my prior posts it will outline the method and payments of the deal I had worked out with John whitset and his family.i really dont want to get into to much at this point,but i do appreciate the concern!
Cole

ransom
09-13-2003, 10:55 AM
Hey Cole, lets get a few things straight right now. First of all you didnt pay for that boat you ordered from Johhny Ray. You wrote several bad checks and made a lot of empty promises. Would you like to have copies of the bad checks posted? Dont forget Rudy Ramos was there when you gave Johnny the last bad check. You never paid for the boat and coming on this forum and making false statements is easy to do but like one person suggested, "you should have come into the shop and tried running your mouth". You were always treated politley and with respect altough you are famous for writing bad checks. A little background check on your failed American RV reveals you have several civil suits against you and numerous NSF checks against your account. You have a lot of nerve slandering Johnny Ray when all he tried to do was help you get into a boat you really cant afford. Anyone that knows Johnny Ray knows he has always tried to do the right thing by people and has gone out of his way to help people. The problems he faces now is a result of helping someone out, and by the way, that person is still free today. You make a case for yourself on this forum with only half truths and lies and as is palin to see a few people are naive enough to buy into it. Those of us who know you and know the truth also know that you really arent in a position to make value judgements upon someone. Any chance of coming to a resonable conclussion in this matter is pre-empted by your malicious and false statements all of which are being scrutinized by attorneys as we speak. I would suggest you put your own house in order before you advance an attack upon one who isnt in a position to respond. For the rest of you who choose to believe this individual just keep in mind this is the type of person who makes threats to women and children and dares to question how one can maintain a home for these children. You should be ashamed. Johnny Ray has the support of hundreds of people in the business as well as the Sprint Boat Association and all it's member/racers for they are the people that really know him and know what he is made of as they place thier lives on the line every time they get into one of those boats.

james44
09-13-2003, 04:30 PM
I've been reading all the stuff people are writing about Rayson Craft and John Whitsett and I find it disgusting that you would spread rumors and talk about someone who is unable to defend themselves. Some of the things that were said I know for a fact to be untrue. The cop that thinks he is so quick with his fists and bullets sounds like a real piece of work. Just to make a statement like that makes one wonder what kind of an idiot he really is. This guy Cole doesnt make any sense at all and I think I ran into him a few times when I was at the shop and if it the same guy he was paying for his boat in installments and was always crying. He wanted the boat out of the mold just so he could see it even though it is wise to leave it in until the floor is laid up. Dont pay too much attention to this guy as he really isnt telling all of the story. There is always two sides to every story and some of you guy's that are the most vocal have a few things in your own closets you would rather not be known. Right Ryan?

Cole
09-13-2003, 06:55 PM
James 44?
I am presuming James Whitsett,Johns dad maybe?
I CANT BELIEVE YOU USE THE BOUMCED CHECK FOR YOUR ONLY DEFENSE? DID YOUR PRECIOUS SON BOTHER TO TELL YOU THE DETAILS OF WHY THE CHECK BOUNCED?
YES, I WOULD PAY HIM AS WE WENT ALONG AND WHENEVER HE NEEDED CASH, HE WOULD CALL ME, AND TELL ME WHAT HE NEEDED $1000/2000/3000 WHATEVER...SO ONE FRIDAY AFTERNOON YOUR SON CALLS ME AND SAYS I NEED $5000....NOW!! MY RENT IS PAST DUE AND I NEED TO PAY IT TODAY, I TELL HIM I CAN GET YOU THE MONEY, BUT IT WONT BE AVAILABLE TILL MONDAY..HE SAYS "OK.. JUST BRING ME A CHECK AND I'LL HOLD ON TO IT TILL MONDAY!! I DID .. SO WHAT DOES JOHNNY DO.. HE ****ING DEPOSITS IT FRIDAY! DID HE BOTHER TO TELL YOU THAT I STILL HELPED HIM BY BRINGING ALL THE CASH MONDAY...I NEVER MADE THIS A PERSONAL WAR, I JUST LAYED IT ALL OUT FOR PEOPLE TO SEE...MY EXPERIENCE WITH JOHNNY RAY AND RAYSON CRAFT!!

Cole
09-13-2003, 07:28 PM
I have reread your post and i REALLY need to know what "women and children" have I attached!
You come on here making this a personal battle. I came on here making a statement about how I was treated, and what I should do in this situation! If your only defense is digging up things on me personally, then I think that says even more about the Whittset family,
Johnny Whitsett has another person conned....
Its to bad its his own father!!

james44
09-13-2003, 07:30 PM
John did not deposit the check at all but rather cashed it at the corner store near Rudy's shop. It didnt go to the bank until the following Monday. When you came with the cash to make up for the bounced check you were $2000 short. Now get the story straight. You should not make this personal as there are far too many things in your own life than can be brought forward. I dont believe this thread is the right place for this type of discussion and I would strongly suggest that you never, ever set foot around or near the home Johns wife and kids nor invlove them in your discussions. I hope we are clear on that issue.

Cole
09-13-2003, 08:24 PM
So you admit that he cashed the checks early!!!!
I gave him all the cash and you know it!!!
I own that boat and have paid Johnny in full with trades and cash and now you want me to negotiate a DEAL with his wife?
I think you, your family and rayson craft should step up to the plate and turn a wrong into a right!! i think that would be the stand up thing to do....Cole

Cole
09-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Do you realise how cool it would be if i posted...."Rayson craft, Johnny and his family have stepped up to the plate! Show me, and all 6000 members of hot boat on line that rayson craft is a stand up company. And that we all have learned lessons with all that has happened..show me that you are the stand up guy that i know you are!!!

Cole
09-13-2003, 09:45 PM
I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this matter...i also want to thank you, as the head of the Whitsett family for your efforts in resolving this terrible situation.
Cole
[ September 14, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Cole ]

Rexone
09-14-2003, 03:48 AM
You guys should take this "private matter" to channels other than this "public forum". I realize I wasn't asked for my opinion, but in this case you're getting it anyway. eek!

Jrocket
09-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Yep,do your laundry in private on this one.

Cole
09-14-2003, 09:54 AM
i agree 100% and never ever intended to make this "personal". I hope we are headed toward a resolution, the ball is in the hands of the Whitsett family, and i can only hope they make the right decision!! :D Cole

james44
09-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Just for the record, I never gave Cole permission to post my private e-mail and it is counter-productive to his cause. This is a private matter and should remain so. Thank you all for understanding......

Cole
09-14-2003, 03:25 PM
i apoligize James and have edited the post.

Havasu Hangin'
09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
I think it's run it's course...