PDA

View Full Version : Rewarder Header Water line Hook-up

Hawaiian
08-01-2001, 03:27 PM
I was told to hook up my header injection line like the following: jet pump to bassett resrictor T, Then both ends go to the water pump housing, then outof the thermostat housing to each header injector.
Is this right or why would Some one hook it up this way with out a bypass line.

nastyhabit
08-01-2001, 03:59 PM
do your self a favor put a ball valve on the pump or ease access so you can set your engine temp and before you go to the headers put another ball valve between your legs(drivers seat) so you can ajust h20 while your driven dont be cheep get the best radiator type hose or steel braid dont do it twice or sink or get burned i draged some guy in that was sinkin last year from cheep pepboys hose

nastyhabit
08-01-2001, 04:08 PM
o yea and what you were told is right no by-pass thats what the first ball valve does ,thats how mine is except it goes through my dan olson oil cooler first before the block and just a tee to split the h20 into the h20 pump holes

Hawaiian
08-01-2001, 05:13 PM
So I do not need a water line going over board from the thermostat housing? All the water goes out through the header?

jaqquuuz
08-01-2001, 07:32 PM
Hawaiian what kind of headers do you have over the transon or thru the transon. If you have over the transon you are correct but I also recommend that you put a valve in after the jet. If you have thru transon then you will have a different set-up let us know which one you have.

Hawaiian
08-02-2001, 04:15 AM
I have Tru Transom Rewarder Headers Cruiser model

wrightnow
08-02-2001, 08:04 AM
Hawwaiian, With those headers you want to hook up the lines like this:
Water entering: from the pump to a valve to control how much wate will enter the engine (control temp.) Then to a tee ( not a resrictor ) then to the water pump houseing.
Water going out: for one side of the thermostat houseing go to the bassett resrictor tee then to the headers. From the other side of the thermostat housing a another valve to control how much water enter the headers (normaly you dont want water to enter the header below 3000RPM) from the valve out of the boat - bypass.
Some guys do run a vavle on the water-in line up to there seat to help control the engine temp, this would be your choice. I have my valve at the pump, set-it and leave it alone.

Blown509Liberator
08-02-2001, 09:12 AM
hey Hawaiian
Will you be joining us at the MWRJB rally on Aug 11? you are only an 1hr away!!!
Bring it on out will help ya get it on the water!!
More info here http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/3MWRJB.html
MikeW

Erik
08-02-2001, 12:13 PM
If you go to bassett's online web page they have a diagram of how to set up your headers. The link is below.
http://www.bassettracing.com/newpage7.htm

Hawaiian
08-02-2001, 12:46 PM
Blown thats what the big rush is for.We'll be there friday night at the best western.
What will you be in a bet it a blown 509 Liberator (white?)
I'll be in Flyn Hawaiian (white)

Blown509Liberator
08-02-2001, 01:05 PM
I will be in my Liberator....
cant miss me
http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/10005.jpg
http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/10006.jpg
[This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited August 02, 2001).]

nastyhabit
08-02-2001, 06:03 PM
keep water in them at all times trim it down when you light it up then cool em down so you dont end up with high doller black blue and rust headers the valve under the seat comes off the water neck (one only) to the valve then to the headers,the valve eliminates the need for restriction im still runnin the same ones since 1985 with 750 hp there gittin black & blue but only from doin 96 mph passes and keep the rubbers cool goin through the hull ,i might be seein paul from bassett tomarow hes a block away from my shop if any other questions

wrightnow
08-02-2001, 09:46 PM
I have been running my bassets for about 3 years and the still great with my set-up. I also always wipe my pipes down with windex prior to starting them to remove any body oil from touching them, this will also turn the pipes colors. I dont believe you want to run water thought the pipes at lower rpm due to lapping of valve. This will allow water to be sucked into the engine thats why you run the resrictor.
I also have been know to run a quick 95+ when required.

riverlover
08-03-2001, 12:52 AM
Based on some of the answers, should I see water comming out of the little holes near the bottom of my rewarder headers while idling? Does this mean something is plugged up?
RL

wrightnow
08-03-2001, 08:31 AM
riverlover, I dont like having water running thru the pipe at idil. this is when you have dont have much pressure to push the water out the headers. If the engine stalls or is shut off, water can run back into the engine. The resrictor tee is there to prevent water entering the headers low RPM.
I dont think there is only one way to run your water lines, nastyhabit has one way and I have another. You need to find what works best for you.

nastyhabit
08-03-2001, 04:43 PM
the little holes are there so water wont sit and run into the heads they will always leak if they dont- find out why ??? if the holes rust out to much or get to big junk-em