PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question!

Garrddogg
06-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Please look past the stipidity!ok here it goes,
If you built a new house and then built a new boat only to realize it wont fit in the garage, Do you dump the house or the boat? I really do like both but I think Im leaning towards dumpin the house especially with the year and a half with an azzhole builder (what a POS) I've had to put up with..
Dreager developement hosed me good! if anybody deals with them watch yer azz if its too late to run!!

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 01:01 PM
what kinda boat?No way to have a different builder stretch the garage?

little rowe boat
06-26-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm feeling the same way about Verde homes.

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
my parents home is verde,,,my dad is ready to kill those idiots

piper
06-26-2005, 01:04 PM
If you built a new house and then built a new boat only to realize it wont fit in the garage, Do you dump the house or the boat? I really do like both but I think Im leaning towards dumpin the house especially with the year and a half with an azzhole builder (what a POS) I've had to put up with..
Dreager developement hosed me good! if anybody deals with them watch yer azz if its too late to run!!
Sounds like you answered your own question. Dump the house. By the way I know what your talking about when dealing with a-hole builders. I almost had a nervous breakdown a couple of years back when I was getting my house done. I ended up firing him, sueing him, and having to hire a new builder to finish the job. It was the worst year I've ever had.

Garrddogg
06-26-2005, 01:10 PM
what kinda boat?No way to have a different builder stretch the garage?
Its a Kachina Drone 30
Its the slope of the driveway at the top the trailer bottoms out trying to go over the hump..

Mrs.Racer277
06-26-2005, 01:11 PM
OMG after all you have been thru the boat does not fit???
You know my builder and they are great. I would talk to her if you are going to buy another one.

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 01:13 PM
you bust out the driveway,re-cut the angle?

OutCole'd
06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I'd say dump the house. If you replace the boat, what brand is going to fit in there? Probably nothing.

Sleek-Jet
06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I only wish I had problems like this.... :idea: :D
Seriously though, that sucks. Of course the easy answer is sell the house. :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm feeling the same way about Verde homes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my parents home is verde,,,my dad is ready to kill those idiots
I am so glad we did not go with them. We almost did. I have not heard any good stories about them as of late. :confused: :(

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 01:28 PM
my dad was constuction superintent for 40 years,he now goes straight to the city inspector with his house issues,one of those deals where they just figured he was a 60 year old guy just being picky,nope.Verde really has no clue,mostly customer service issues.He figured he got screwed so maybe the inspectors out there will be tougher on them for the next sucker

Mrs.Racer277
06-26-2005, 01:37 PM
my dad was constuction superintent for 40 years,he now goes straight to the city inspector with his house issues,one of those deals where they just figured he was a 60 year old guy just being picky,nope.Verde really has no clue,mostly customer service issues.He figured he got screwed so maybe the inspectors out there will be tougher on them for the next sucker
I think one of their big problems is building tooooo many houses.
We were very close to going with them.
The only problem we have had was the rain this winter. So far everything has been wonderful not one problem so far.

riverroyal
06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
cant find the tradesmen to build them for the bad wages they are paying,so quality goes down,and it takes longer to build because the low paid guys dont know what they are doing,,,,give it another 2 years in havasu,the mexican track house crews will be there,house will get done fast,just dont slam a door :D

Kachina26
06-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey Gary, I've got a question................................

Garrddogg
06-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Hey Gary, I've got a question................................
Do you want a report or not! :hammerhea
and the "!" was no accident!

WILD LAVEY
06-27-2005, 01:03 AM
dump the house. :rollside:

bigd1
06-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Put a link to this thread on the yard sign in front of the house when you put it up for sale...

Kachina26
06-27-2005, 05:38 AM
Do you want a report or not! :hammerhea
and the "!" was no accident!
Give it up :D Has anything changed? We're dyin' out here!

Havasu_Dreamin
06-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Can you add some of those steel wheels to the trailer to get it over the hump? Probably not possible due to the rigidity of the frame, but thought I would throw that out there. Anyway to lessen the slope of the driveway, at the builders expense, if possible? Otherwise, dump the house and build/buy a new one. We used Summit homes and have been very happy with it.

ChumpChange
06-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Well I guess I know how your Saturday afternoon went. Sorry to hear about it Gary.

Tyson Ross
06-27-2005, 07:45 AM
I am in a Verde, curious to hear specific issues....

phebus
06-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Isn't there someway just prior to backing it up the driveway, you could adjust your trailer heigth at the ball (so you are towing an unleveled trailer), to compensate for the slope and make it work? Just get one of the Rapid Hitch type adjustable hitches.

Dave C
06-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Neither, I would try to modify the house, if possible. Try getting some second opinions from another contractor. Change the angle of the dangle, modify door header, etc.
Also what about modifying the trailer to avoid the bump. Different tires, spring heights, etc.. If it doesn't throw the tongue weight off too much, they can move the axles around, (with a little paint ;)) Also they can add another axle.
Lots of options here!
It would be a shame to sell anything.
good luck.

riverroyal
06-27-2005, 08:22 AM
i was thinking that,,,,must be a hell of a driveway

imbndvs
06-27-2005, 08:40 AM
My parents also used Dreager, they have now filed complaint with contractors board and are getting ready to sue Dreager.

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Can you add some of those steel wheels to the trailer to get it over the hump? Probably not possible due to the rigidity of the frame, but thought I would throw that out there. Anyway to lessen the slope of the driveway, at the builders expense, if possible? Otherwise, dump the house and build/buy a new one. We used Summit homes and have been very happy with it.
Thanks for the compliment HD, we try to please "especially" HB'rs because of all the "word of mouth" and it really does pay off, I made many people on the board happy, and I made many cool friends as well.

Racer277
06-27-2005, 08:46 AM
What about airbags/lift on the trailer? Airbags if the garage door is a limitation, lift blocks if it isn't? A couple grand in a fab shop (much less for the blocks) may save some heartache?
Or this becomes your rental house so you can build your dream home now? :cool:

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Give me a call and I will see what I can do to mod the house first, 928.854.4381 I am sure the boat rivals the cost of the home and it's much easier to fix the house than shorten the boat :D . one of the first questions I ask a potential HB client is "how big is the boat" then I add 4 ft to cover the toung and outdrive.
I am sorry you had a bad time with any LHC Builder, if you really got a complaint call LHC CDD and tell them 928.453.4149 or if it's real bad call the reqistar of contractors

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I am in a Verde, curious to hear specific issues....
oh I am sorry to hear that not a 1469rv I hope, did you purchase the optional "door knobs" :D

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 09:01 AM
for all of you reading this thread that have questions on LHC builders or questions on building out here, please feel free to PM me any questions I will answer them as honestly as I can, and If I don't know I will tell you that as well. I am currently building up my I.C. account with floor plans and such, search for Summit in the image center, if you find something you like contact myself or Warlock25

Mrs.Racer277
06-27-2005, 09:03 AM
oh I am sorry to hear that not a 1469rv I hope, did you purchase the optional "door knobs" :D
Isn't everything an option with them??? :confused: ;)

Garrddogg
06-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Isn't there someway just prior to backing it up the driveway, you could adjust your trailer heigth at the ball (so you are towing an unleveled trailer), to compensate for the slope and make it work? Just get one of the Rapid Hitch type adjustable hitches.
Got one but then the rear would hit going in to it!!

Garrddogg
06-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the compliment HD, we try to please "especially" HB'rs because of all the "word of mouth" and it really does pay off, I made many people on the board happy, and I made many cool friends as well.
I hear lots of good things about you guys!!

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Isn't everything an option with them??? :confused: ;)
it's called "bait and switch" they bait you in with the low price and option it up, for all of you out there looking to build in Havasu just watchout for the small homes with the under $100k HUGE PRICE TAG on the front of the model
it surely is not the real deal.

Krumbsnatcher
06-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I have a home in Havasu i bought about 8 years back in the southside only has a 7 ft door. I believe the builder was Summit Homes was that you?
Huge driveway (flat) it was a spec home paid $79k (1200 sqft garage, 3bdm, 2 bath)
I am thinking of raising the garage is this possible without a permit and planning process?
thanks

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 10:09 AM
I have a home in Havasu i bought about 8 years back in the southside only has a 7 ft door. I believe the builder was Summit Homes was that you?
Huge driveway (flat) it was a spec home paid $79k (1200 sqft garage, 3bdm, 2 bath)
I am thinking of raising the garage is this possible without a permit and planning process?
thanks
very well could have been, Summit's been building for about 13yrs and has built about (1k) 3bdr 2 bath homes in LHC.
as for raising the garage, nope!!!! you got to got through "THE PROCESS" just like everyone else, raising the garage isnt the solution because the rest of the walls in the house are 8' same as your garage = truss problem, the solution is to DROP the garage floor 1', it would be alot easier to sell it and go buy what you need, or if there is enough room on the property just build another garage to your likeing. just by the numbers you sent your $79k house is most likely pushing $225-240k for resale "right now" and your tax value isn't even close to that (good thing) if you got the money/equity/room, I say build the new garage.