PDA

View Full Version : What are these things?

Throttle
06-26-2005, 02:11 PM
I was in Havi last week and was pulling out of friendly cove, just happened to look over the side of the boat and saw these great big lobster trap looking things. Anyone ever notice them before and know what they are?

Ion
06-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Fish habitat installed by AZ game & fish and / or other orgs to encourage game fish habitation in the lake. The structures come in many man-made forms as well as submerged bundles of palm fraunds, evergreens, etc.

Throttle
06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Fish habitat installed by AZ game & fish and / or other orgs to encourage game fish habitation in the lake. The structures come in many man-made forms as well as submerged bundles of palm fraunds, evergreens, etc.
I figured somethin like that, it was a bit trippy at first. I would hate to toss an anchor on that and not be able to get it back. thanks Ion

essexjet
06-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Was the friendly cove just south of havasu palms on the cali side. We saw them too

Boatcop
06-26-2005, 03:04 PM
They're designed to give refuge for young fish. Small and large mouth bass, razorback suckers, humpback chub (the last two endangered).
The Lake doesn't have much natural cover for them, and they are prey to Stripers. The Stripers would decimate the sport fish and native fish population in no time, if the artificial shelter wasn;t provided.

Wonderboy
06-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I know what you're talking about, but I only see red x's. I would like to see the pic.

Nord
06-26-2005, 04:08 PM
They're designed to give refuge for young fish. Small and large mouth bass, razorback suckers, humpback chub (the last two endangered).
The Lake doesn't have much natural cover for them, and they are prey to Stripers. The Stripers would decimate the sport fish and native fish population in no time, if the artificial shelter wasn;t provided.
Nice name on the boat there Boat cop!!

JB in so cal
06-26-2005, 04:11 PM
hee, hee, hee. He said chub!! :p

Throttle
06-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Was the friendly cove just south of havasu palms on the cali side. We saw them too
just a bit south of copper canyon on the AZ side, however I did see more at other locations throughout the day.

Throttle
06-26-2005, 06:52 PM
I know what you're talking about, but I only see red x's. I would like to see the pic.
no pix, sorry.

Mrs.Racer277
06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
I was in Havi last week and was pulling out of friendly cove, just happened to look over the side of the boat and saw these great big lobster trap looking things. Anyone ever notice them before and know what they are?
They have them at Silverwood lake too. Scary looking things. :supp:

Wonderboy
06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
no pix, sorry.
Oops, my bad. I was looking at your sig line.

Throttle
06-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Oops, my bad. I was looking at your sig line.
is the pic of my boat not showing up on my sig line? I can see it but I did delete it from the image center yesterday.

Jordy
06-26-2005, 08:42 PM
they are prey to Strippers.
Damn strippers. :D :D :D

IN2-IN2MX
06-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah, we've seen them too. We were right above them once when I decided I wanted to jump in for a quick cool off. I looked down before I jumped in and seeing those things under me freaked me out. They looks so creepy! Screw the cool off...I stayed in the boat.

Wonderboy
06-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah, we've seen them too. We were right above them once when I decided I wanted to jump in for a quick cool off. I looked down before I jumped in and seeing those things under me freaked me out. They looks so creepy! Screw the cool off...I stayed in the boat.
LOL! The same thing happened to me and I felt the same way.

JetBoatRich
06-27-2005, 03:18 AM
All I see is red X's :sqeyes: :idea:

phebus
06-27-2005, 07:29 AM
If you deleted it from the image center, you deleted the link to the pic. You will have to re-load it. Linda said you called yesterday, I have to listen to tehe answering machine this morning. She said you were a "sweethart" Awe shucks (Thanks).
Rick