Blown 472
06-26-2005, 06:04 PM
http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0624-25.htm

Rexone
06-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Published on Friday, June 24, 2005 by CommonDreams.org
Big Media Interlocks with Corporate America
by Peter Phillips
Mainstream media is the term often used to describe the collective group of big TV, radio and newspapers in the United States. Mainstream implies that the news being produced is for the benefit and enlightenment of the mainstream population-the majority of people living in the US. Mainstream media include a number of communication mediums that carry almost all the news and information on world affairs that most Americans receive. The word media is plural, implying a diversity of news sources.
However, mainstream media no longer produce news for the mainstream population-nor should we consider the media as plural. Instead it is more accurate to speak of big media in the US today as the corporate media and to use the term in the singular tense-as it refers to the singular monolithic top-down power structure of self-interested news giants.
A research team at Sonoma State University has recently finished conducting a network analysis of the boards of directors of the ten big media organizations in the US. The team determined that only 118 people comprise the membership on the boards of director of the ten big media giants. This is a small enough group to fit in a moderate size university classroom. These 118 individuals in turn sit on the corporate boards of 288 national and international corporations. In fact, eight out of ten big media giants share common memberships on boards of directors with each other. NBC and the Washington Post both have board members who sit on Coca Cola and J. P. Morgan, while the Tribune Company, The New York Times and Gannett all have members who share a seat on Pepsi. It is kind of like one big happy family of interlocks and shared interests. The following are but a few of the corporate board interlocks for the big ten media giants in the US:
New York Times: Caryle Group, Eli Lilly, Ford, Johnson and Johnson, Hallmark, Lehman Brothers, Staples, Pepsi
Washington Post: Lockheed Martin, Coca-Cola, Dun & Bradstreet, Gillette, G.E. Investments, J.P. Morgan, Moody's
Knight-Ridder: Adobe Systems, Echelon, H&R Block, Kimberly-Clark, Starwood Hotels
The Tribune (Chicago & LA Times): 3M, Allstate, Caterpillar, Conoco Phillips, Kraft, McDonalds, Pepsi, Quaker Oats, Shering Plough, Wells Fargo
News Corp (Fox): British Airways, Rothschild Investments
GE (NBC): Anheuser-Busch, Avon, Bechtel, Chevron/Texaco, Coca-Cola, Dell, GM, Home Depot, Kellogg, J.P. Morgan, Microsoft, Motorola, Procter & Gamble
Disney (ABC): Boeing, Northwest Airlines, Clorox, Estee Lauder, FedEx, Gillette, Halliburton, Kmart, McKesson, Staples, Yahoo
Viacom (CBS): American Express, Consolidated Edison, Oracle, Lafarge North America
Gannett: AP, Lockheed-Martin, Continental Airlines, Goldman Sachs, Prudential, Target, Pepsi
AOL-Time Warner (CNN): Citigroup, Estee Lauder, Colgate-Palmolive, Hilton
Can we trust the news editors at the Washington Post to be fair and objective regarding news stories about Lockheed-Martin defense contract over-runs? Or can we assuredly believe that ABC will conduct critical investigative reporting on Halliburton's sole-source contracts in Iraq? If we believe the corporate media give us the full un-censored truth about key issues inside the special interests of American capitalism, then we might feel that they are meeting the democratic needs of mainstream America. However if we believe - as increasingly more Americans do- that corporate media serves its own self-interests instead of those of the people, than we can no longer call it mainstream or refer to it as plural. Instead we need to say that corporate media is corporate America, and that we the mainstream people need to be looking at alternative independent sources for our news and information.
Peter Phillips is a professor of Sociology at Sonoma State University and director of Project Censored a media research organization. www.projectcensored.org Sonoma State University students Bridget Thornton and Brit Walters conducted the research on the media interlocks.

Wonderboy
06-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Are you surprised? Just about every source of news you get doesn't even try to hide their one-sided views on anything, especially if we have a republican president in office. I've always been careful about where I get my news from.

HOSS
06-29-2005, 05:42 AM
Are you surprised? Just about every source of news you get doesn't even try to hide their one-sided views on anything, especially if we have a republican president in office. I've always been careful about where I get my news from.
Bro,,,,,,,,you are a dork!

Wonderboy
06-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Bro,,,,,,,,you are a dork!
Thanks.

Freak
06-30-2005, 06:33 AM
Rex
That is interesting stuff. I'll add to the mix.
Somthing I read:
“Never forget that the iron law of oligarchy always obtains; few people will always run everything, no matter what the institution or what the country.” —James Madison
So, what do I mean when I say, “the ruling elite,” and how does its existence bear on the current issue before us in this most troubling time in American history? If one group is effectively in control of national governments and multinational corporations; promotes world government through control of media, foundation grants, and education; and controls and guides the issues of the day; then they control most options available.
The Council on Foreign Relations, financed by a number of the largest tax-exempt foundations, has done all these things, and promotes the “New World Order”—as they have for over 80 years. The CFR was founded for “the purpose of promoting disarmament and submergence of U.S. sovereignty and national independence into an all-powerful one-world government.” The CFR headquarters and library is located in the five-story Howard Pratt mansion (a gift from Pratt’s widow, who was an heir to the Standard Oil fortune) at 58 E. 68th Street, in New York City (on the corner of Park Ave. and 68th Street), on the opposite corner of the Soviet Embassy to the United Nations.
The CFR is the promotional arm of the Illuminati in the United States of America, and became the American headquarters. The Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria, which became known as the Order of the Illuminati, was organized on May 1, 1776 by Adam Weishaupt, at the behest of the newly-organized House of Rothschild (Five Jewish brothers who established banks wielding enormous power from the five great European capitals - Frankfurt, London, Paris, Vienna, Naples) with one goal in mind—a one world government. Most influential politicians, academics and media personalities are members of the CFR, and it uses its influence to infiltrate the New World Order into American life. Its' “experts” write scholarly pieces to be used in decision making, the academics expound on the wisdom of a united world, and the media members disseminate the message.
I should emphasize that most of these people are not part of a secret society. The CFR calls itself a semi -secret organization, which, indeed, it is. Members, who do not adhere to its strict secrecy, can be dropped from their membership. But it is not the secret society; we will discuss them later in the book.
The CFR is at least two rings out from that secret society. Most members are not aware that they are controlled by an inner group. For the most part, they are merely opportunists who view this organization as a high level employment agency. They know that if they are invited to join their names will appear on a prestigious list, and the “ruling elite”—The Illuminati—seeking to consolidate global control, will draw upon that list for important jobs. However, even though they may not be conscious agents of the secret society, they have all been carefully screened for suitability. Only those who have the necessary mindset to be functionaries within the New World Order are invited.
What must be remembered is that this is not some lunatic-fringe group; these are members of one of the most powerful private organizations in the world: the people who determine and control American economic, social, political, and military policy. Members' influence and control extends to “leaders in academia, public service, business, and the media,” according to the CFR “Annual Report.”
Current Bush administration CFR members include: Colin Powell, George Tenet, Condolezza Rice, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney. CFR media personalities include David Brinkley, Tom Brokaw, William Buckley, Peter Jennings, Bill Moyers, Dan Rather, Diane Sawyer, and Barbara Walters.
In financial institutions, such as banks, the Federal Reserve System (Alan Greenspan CFR), the stock exchanges, and brokerage houses the total number of CFR members in controlling positions is 284.
In the Media there are past or present members of the CFR holding key management or control positions: Christian-Science Monitor, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, New York Post, New York Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, Harper’s, National Geographic, Newsweek, Reader’s Digest, Rolling Stone, Scientific American, Time-Warner, Time, U.S. News & World Report, Washington Post, The Washingtonian, Weekly Standard, World Policy Journal, Worldwatch, ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, PBS, RCA, and the Walt Disney Company.
Are you beginning to understand why we have a problem with our news and our media?
The CFR has only been investigated once, and that was in 1954, by the Special House Committee to Investigate Tax-Exempt Foundations (the Reece Committee), who said that the CFR was “in essence an agency of the United States Government.” The Committee discovered that their directives were aimed “overwhelmingly at promoting the globalistic concept.” Norman Dodd, the chief investigator for the Reece Committee interviewed Rowan Gaither, who was the President of the Ford Foundation at that time. Rowan Gaither was advanced in his years and died shortly after this interview:
Mr. Gaither said to Mr. Dodd, “Would you be interested in knowing what we do here at the Ford Foundation?” Then, without any prodding at all, Gaither says, “Mr. Dodd, we operate in response to directives, the substance of which is that we shall use our grant making power to alter life in the United States so that it can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union (Leninists).”
Dodd almost falls off of his chair when he hears that. Then he says to Gaither, “Well, sir, you can do anything you please with your grant making powers, but don’t you think you have an obligation to make a disclosure to the American people? You enjoy tax exemption, which means you are indirectly subsidized by taxpayers, so, why don’t you tell the Congress and the American people what you just told me?” And Gaither replies, “We would never dream of doing such a thing.”
Is all this true? Who knows but it is interesting.
Listen to the news the CFR comes up now and then. Most recently they want to extend our boarders to envelope Canada and Mexico instead of fortifying our existing.
Elite (http://www.2012.com.au/Elite_Network.html)

cdog
06-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Wow...That's pretty heavy. Sounds a little wacky. If this were true i'd say it's time for anarchy.......Over throw the gov. Seems to me that it plays off of peoples fear of the border issues and the world trade issues.

HOSS
06-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Awsome thread. But I`d say it even goes deeper than that. I do beleive that about 14 people make the global decisions of today. Lets just say that it all started in a Masonic Temple. Thats just what I believe to be true. I believe that their decisions sway which direction economies will follow.
CFR post is just an awsome read.

Freak
06-30-2005, 11:13 AM
HOSS – Know what the Ruling Elite call us pawn like humans. --- Machine Gun Fodders – or even better --- Useless Eaters!
Fodder = A consumable, often inferior item or resource that is in demand and usually abundant supply.
LOL… Crazy huh - I guarantee when those three letters (CFR) are said on the news from now on your ears will perk up!.

Freak
06-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Wow...That's pretty heavy. Sounds a little wacky. If this were true i'd say it's time for anarchy.......Over throw the gov. Seems to me that it plays off of peoples fear of the border issues and the world trade issues.
I feel the banking system is more of a problem than any government.
Lord Acton, Lord Chief Justice of England, 1875 - "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the People v. The Banks."
Mr Reginald McKenna, when Chairman of the Midland Bank in London - "I am afraid that ordinary citizens will not like to be told that the banks can, and do, create and destroy money. And they who control the credit of the nation direct the policy of governments, and hold in the hollow of their hands the destiny of the people.
Mr Phillip A. Benson, President of the American Bankers' Association, June 8 1939 - "There is no more direct way to capture control of a nation than through its credit (money) system."
USA Banker's Magazine, August 25 1924 - "Capital must protect itself in every possible manner by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, bonds and mortgages must be foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through a process of law, the common people lose their homes they will become more docile and more easily governed through the influence of the strong arm of government, applied by a central power of wealth under control of leading financiers.
By dividing the voters through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance. Thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves what has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished."
In 1891 a confidential circular was sent to American bankers and their agents, containing the following statements:
"We authorise our loan agents in the western States to loan our funds on real estate, to fall due on September 1st 1894, and at no time thereafter.
On September 1, 1894, we will not renew our loans under any consideration.
On September 1st we will demand our money - we will foreclose and become mortgagees in possession.
We can take two-thirds of the farms west of the Mississippi and thousands of them east of the great Mississippi as well, at our own price.
We may as well own three-fourths of the farms of the west and the money of the country.
Then the farmers will become tenants, as in England."
In the United States, the issuing of money is controlled by the Federal Reserve Board. This is not a government department but a board of private bankers.Most of us would believe that the Federal Reserve is a federal arm of the national government….This is not true…In 1913 President Woodrow Wilson signed the document that created the Federal Reserve.
There are four things that must be available for paid work to take place:
The work to be done.
The materials to do the work.
The labor to do the work.
The money to pay for the work to be done.
If any of those four things are missing, no paid work can take place. It is a naturally self-regulating system. If there is work to be done, and the material is available and the labour willing, all we have to do is create the money. Quite simple.
Ask yourself why it was that depressions happened? All that went missing from the community was the money to buy goods and services. The labour was still available. The work to be done was still there. The materials had not disappeared, and the goods were readily available in the shops, or could be produced but for the want of money.
None of our problems will disappear until we correct the creation, supply and circulation of money. Once the money problem is solved, everything else will fall into place.

cdog
06-30-2005, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Freak]
By dividing the voters through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance. Thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves what has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished."
I agree in what was said here. I said somthing simular in a previous post on the thread about property rights .

Blown 472
06-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Rex
That is interesting stuff. I'll add to the mix.
Somthing I read:
“Never forget that the iron law of oligarchy always obtains; few people will always run everything, no matter what the institution or what the country.” —James Madison
So, what do I mean when I say, “the ruling elite,” and how does its existence bear on the current issue before us in this most troubling time in American history? If one group is effectively in control of national governments and multinational corporations; promotes world government through control of media, foundation grants, and education; and controls and guides the issues of the day; then they control most options available.
The Council on Foreign Relations, financed by a number of the largest tax-exempt foundations, has done all these things, and promotes the “New World Order”—as they have for over 80 years. The CFR was founded for “the purpose of promoting disarmament and submergence of U.S. sovereignty and national independence into an all-powerful one-world government.” The CFR headquarters and library is located in the five-story Howard Pratt mansion (a gift from Pratt’s widow, who was an heir to the Standard Oil fortune) at 58 E. 68th Street, in New York City (on the corner of Park Ave. and 68th Street), on the opposite corner of the Soviet Embassy to the United Nations.
The CFR is the promotional arm of the Illuminati in the United States of America, and became the American headquarters. The Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria, which became known as the Order of the Illuminati, was organized on May 1, 1776 by Adam Weishaupt, at the behest of the newly-organized House of Rothschild (Five Jewish brothers who established banks wielding enormous power from the five great European capitals - Frankfurt, London, Paris, Vienna, Naples) with one goal in mind—a one world government. Most influential politicians, academics and media personalities are members of the CFR, and it uses its influence to infiltrate the New World Order into American life. Its' “experts” write scholarly pieces to be used in decision making, the academics expound on the wisdom of a united world, and the media members disseminate the message.
I should emphasize that most of these people are not part of a secret society. The CFR calls itself a semi -secret organization, which, indeed, it is. Members, who do not adhere to its strict secrecy, can be dropped from their membership. But it is not the secret society; we will discuss them later in the book.
The CFR is at least two rings out from that secret society. Most members are not aware that they are controlled by an inner group. For the most part, they are merely opportunists who view this organization as a high level employment agency. They know that if they are invited to join their names will appear on a prestigious list, and the “ruling elite”—The Illuminati—seeking to consolidate global control, will draw upon that list for important jobs. However, even though they may not be conscious agents of the secret society, they have all been carefully screened for suitability. Only those who have the necessary mindset to be functionaries within the New World Order are invited.
What must be remembered is that this is not some lunatic-fringe group; these are members of one of the most powerful private organizations in the world: the people who determine and control American economic, social, political, and military policy. Members' influence and control extends to “leaders in academia, public service, business, and the media,” according to the CFR “Annual Report.”
Current Bush administration CFR members include: Colin Powell, George Tenet, Condolezza Rice, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney. CFR media personalities include David Brinkley, Tom Brokaw, William Buckley, Peter Jennings, Bill Moyers, Dan Rather, Diane Sawyer, and Barbara Walters.
In financial institutions, such as banks, the Federal Reserve System (Alan Greenspan CFR), the stock exchanges, and brokerage houses the total number of CFR members in controlling positions is 284.
In the Media there are past or present members of the CFR holding key management or control positions: Christian-Science Monitor, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, New York Post, New York Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, Harper’s, National Geographic, Newsweek, Reader’s Digest, Rolling Stone, Scientific American, Time-Warner, Time, U.S. News & World Report, Washington Post, The Washingtonian, Weekly Standard, World Policy Journal, Worldwatch, ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, PBS, RCA, and the Walt Disney Company.
Are you beginning to understand why we have a problem with our news and our media?
The CFR has only been investigated once, and that was in 1954, by the Special House Committee to Investigate Tax-Exempt Foundations (the Reece Committee), who said that the CFR was “in essence an agency of the United States Government.” The Committee discovered that their directives were aimed “overwhelmingly at promoting the globalistic concept.” Norman Dodd, the chief investigator for the Reece Committee interviewed Rowan Gaither, who was the President of the Ford Foundation at that time. Rowan Gaither was advanced in his years and died shortly after this interview:
Mr. Gaither said to Mr. Dodd, “Would you be interested in knowing what we do here at the Ford Foundation?” Then, without any prodding at all, Gaither says, “Mr. Dodd, we operate in response to directives, the substance of which is that we shall use our grant making power to alter life in the United States so that it can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union (Leninists).”
Dodd almost falls off of his chair when he hears that. Then he says to Gaither, “Well, sir, you can do anything you please with your grant making powers, but don’t you think you have an obligation to make a disclosure to the American people? You enjoy tax exemption, which means you are indirectly subsidized by taxpayers, so, why don’t you tell the Congress and the American people what you just told me?” And Gaither replies, “We would never dream of doing such a thing.”
Is all this true? Who knows but it is interesting.
Listen to the news the CFR comes up now and then. Most recently they want to extend our boarders to envelope Canada and Mexico instead of fortifying our existing.
Elite (http://www.2012.com.au/Elite_Network.html)
You can see their influance on the dollar bill, look at the pirimid with the eye on top of it, symbol of the illumnati, and around it in latin are the words "a new world order" that was put on there by hoover I believe.

tbanzer
07-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Check out the publication American Free Press.

Freak
07-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Building a North American Community
http://www.usembassycanada.gov/content/can_usa/northamericancommunity_TF_final.pdf
The CFR hard at work.
I continue to be amazed that majority of journalists at the national level are selling out their country (or their editors are behind their backs) by ignoring stories like the government/big business pressure groups such as the Council on Foreign Relations which is pushing ahead with its agenda to tear down the borders that once surrounded America.
When I read "open borders" I read unfair job competition, downward wage pressure on American tradespersons, corporatists playing the wage differentials for their phony version of "profits" which will include lots of drugs, illegal immigration, and discourage the single language melting pot that has made America great and capable of assimilating other cultures in the past. Yeah, this is crap.
"Task Force proposes the creation by 2010 of a North American community to enhance security, prosperity, and opportunity." New World Order talk right there. China/Russia etc is doing it so I guess we will too.