PDA

View Full Version : Tony wins, Jr's nightmare continues

SnakeWrench
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Tony Stewart twisted his way to victory at Infineon today. Early leader and dominant, Jeff Gordon, had transmission problems as well as his teammate and points leader Jimmie Johnson. Dale Jr also had problems, crashing early and spending several laps in the pits to repair his own transmission issue. It's good to see Stewart in victory lane again.
But Stewart winning may not be the big story today. With Gordon and Johnson finishing 33rd and 36th today, Johnson lost the point lead to Biffle who finished 14th on the lead lap.
The other story was the "ringers". The ringers are the drivers brought in just for road coarse races, such as Fellows, Said and Simo. Fellows finished 8th, Simo 10th and Said 13th.
Biffle, the new points leader is looking forward to the challenge of keeping the points lead away from Johnson.

Throttle
06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Tony Stewart twisted his way to victory at Infineon today. Early leader and dominant, Jeff Gordon, had transmission problems as well as his teammate and points leader Jimmie Johnson. Dale Jr also had problems, crashing early and spending several laps in the pits to repair his own transmission issue. It's good to see Stewart in victory lane again.
get em! its about time...

Throttle
06-26-2005, 09:23 PM
by the way wrench - welcome to the snakepit. :devil:

SnakeWrench
06-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Snakepit, I like it! Ha!

SummitKarl
06-26-2005, 10:09 PM
who to choose, I am "Biffled"(pun intended) what do I do now my man Mark Martin is retireing, first I lost Bill Elliot and now Mark, I do not really see a indivudal that I want to root for = (Clean racer) and I got Ford Blue in my veins. Kurt Bush is just comes off as too cocky and sometimes (dirty racer)
the other Ford young guns just don't seem to get my attention. could this be the beginning of the end of the indivdual and I make a choice to root for a TEAM!!!!! like Roush or Yates could NASCAR be heading the way of the NFL or NBA
you gota love a race like today when "THE WHINER" :cry: = 24 has a bad day

SnakeWrench
06-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Well, I believe that the new talent doesn't have the respect that the older guys have. It was nice to see DJ finish in the top 5. The best thing about the pre-race show was Gordon talking about his wines, and admitting he was a whiner. LOL Classic! Truth is, I'd like to see Biffle win the cup this year. The gaurd is changing and I think we will be seeing the older guys taking up roles like "driving coach" And "team adviser". Truth is that the old car owners are going to need a lieson between the young guys and the old car owners.
I have always and still love to watch Martin because he is so smooth. Half the time you can't tell if his car is off when he has an in car camera.

Kilrtoy
06-27-2005, 08:05 AM
JR sucks........

cdog
06-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Alot of these older guy's I grew up watching in nascar just don't have what it takes anymore. There's a certian edge of crazieness you've got to have and you loose with a wife, 4 kids and 30 million in the bank. Nascar still has some of the best drivers around. They did real well compared to the road race guy's who sat in for a race. Boris did well and would have one if it was'nt for the b ad pit. Tony S is a great driver with a abrasive personality, He is and will be the next itimidator (spelling).. I grew up watching Dale Sr. every weekend and studing his driving style...( I used to race go carts as a kid)....I see the same no mercy driving with tony stewart. Dale Jr. is a good driver but will never be as good as his dad.

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Well, I believe that the new talent doesn't have the respect that the older guys have. It was nice to see DJ finish in the top 5. The best thing about the pre-race show was Gordon talking about his wines, and admitting he was a whiner. LOL Classic! Truth is, I'd like to see Biffle win the cup this year. The gaurd is changing and I think we will be seeing the older guys taking up roles like "driving coach" And "team adviser". Truth is that the old car owners are going to need a lieson between the young guys and the old car owners.
I have always and still love to watch Martin because he is so smooth. Half the time you can't tell if his car is off when he has an in car camera.
respect = your dead on respect is earned and not given so they(younguns) still need to earn it, and figure out how to drive with it. I agree with Biffle as "the choice" he is very impressive this year, but I see two up and comings
that have the potential to be GREAT!! once they settle down/in "Carl Edwards" and Kyle Bush

KingCole
06-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Props to Robbie Gordan for going from 1 1/2 laps down to 16th!