PDA

View Full Version : jet hydro vs. flatbottom jet

Leon
07-05-2001, 07:55 AM
I am considering buying a different boat than the one i have now. one is a Hallet flatbottom jet, and another is a sanger jet hydro. Anyone out there have any idea which one would run faster? thanks for the help..Leon

LS7
07-05-2001, 08:25 AM
troll

Leon
07-05-2001, 09:03 AM
Howdy Ls7, what does troll mean? Do you have a preference of these 2 boats. i have a very heavy wood jet boat of unknown make right now and I am looking for a lightweight boat. i do like the jets for safety as mentioned somewhere else on these boards, just want to be faster.

Jetboatguru
07-05-2001, 09:57 AM
Leon, my first response is to say don't even consider a jet hydro. They were a mistake from the word go. As a jetboat officianado I am sad to poo poo any jets but the Jet Hydro was the biggest flop since Vanilla Ice. A more conventional hull like a Eliminator tunnel would be wiser. But, for the love of God please don't do the hydro with a pumper.

HBjet
07-05-2001, 11:21 AM
Do not buy the jet hydro. If they were so great, wouldn't there be a class alone for them in drag racing? Depending on what type of boating you plan on doing (racing or the lake/river) you can go with several types of hulls. If you were going to race, I would recommend some sort of a tunnel hull, either the Eliminator Daytona, or a California Performance tunnel. For lake/river boating, anything is pretty much going to work in your favor as long as its not a jet hydro.
Good Luck, and let us know what you decide on doing
HBjet
PS. Some one here thinks those Jet Hydros are going to be worth a fortune after they win high points in a 80mph 12sec class with 550+hp. If you find who that is, I bet you could broker the deal and make some money for yourself http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Jetboatguru
07-05-2001, 11:52 AM
HB you are absolutely right, The jet hydro was a bad design to say the least and the proof is in the number of jet hydros that exist today. Someone must have taken a pretty heavy drop on their head to accept this boat as a gift let alone pay $$$ for one.

Leon
07-05-2001, 12:25 PM
Well sounds like you guys know what you are talking about. At least you agree with one another. I sure do like the picklefork look though. Not sure I am gonna be a racer or not, but I wanna go fast! How about the Flatbottom jet? Were they a pretty good design? My glass over wood v bottom jet can't get out of its own way. It was on radar at 47 mph. That is not fast enough for me. There is not too many Hot Boats at all back in these parts and these are the two I have seen that are pretty close to me. The jet hydro Sanger was only $5000 and i thought that sounded like a great deal for a hydro. If you say NO I will probably take your advice. Thanks guys.

Slow Boat 001
07-05-2001, 04:44 PM
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited July 05, 2001).]

Slow Boat 001
07-05-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Slow Boat 001:
I`m sure glad I didn`t get a Jet Hydro...lol..Those Jet Hydro`s SUCK...lol...I`m going to get a bass boat like HB has so I can go out to CFW...
OK now for Real::: Dont get a jet hydro if you are just going to play at a lake or a river. When I take mine out to the lake I never get to go play as these boats only work on GLASS. Those water bikes and other boats make it to where you will never get it off the trailer. Now then if you are only going to race then get one, but a prop hydro will run faster with less HP. So if you are stuck on the jet thing and you want to race then get it. If not then get a semi V bottom like HB`s they are one of the best jet boats for all water.((( Dont get a flat bottom jet!!!!))))
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited July 05, 2001).]

Jetmugg
07-05-2001, 06:43 PM
Stay away from the flat bottomed jets, unless you want a very harsh ride and virtually no ability to turn. I've only been into jet boats for about 5 years, not 20 or so like some of the other guys here, but I've learned a lot in that time. If you just want a family cruiser, get a closed engine daycruiser style V-bottom, and if you want to go fast, look for a tunnel or modified tunnel hull design (PlaceCraft, Daytona Eliminator, California Perf, or other similar design). SlowBoat prefers the jet hydro as a race boat, but I don't think many people like jet hydros as lake boats. I think the key is to always decide what you want the boat to do before you make up your mind.
SteveM.

Leon
07-06-2001, 08:30 AM
Thanks again.

ChetCapoli
07-06-2001, 07:27 PM
Hey LScrotum7,
when are you going to have something of substance to say besides "troll", "dude", 'Bolwer" etc. etc. The guy asked a simple question and you respond with "troll". What's up with that??Like i said before you got nuthin. Stick to making donuts!

froggystyle
07-06-2001, 11:36 PM
Chet, I was going to send you an e-mail to keep this private, but you choose not to list it so, here goes.
Shut up... No one here wants to hear your BS. I'm sick of you bagging on people, and adding little in the way of intelligent responses. I'm not saying that "troll" was true prose, but it may have been a mistake or something. Either way, I skipped it. Back off, and stop making us not like you.

froggystyle
07-06-2001, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah, I have an Eliminator Daytona I'm sick of. I'm getting a fast V bottom.
If you are stuck on the Pickelfork, as I was, I really don't think much can compare to the Daytona or the Ultra Shadow. I have never been in a CP pickel, but I'm sure they are very nice too. I will say very little goes faster on a lake than a tunnel with a lot of power though....

King Kuracz
07-06-2001, 11:58 PM
froggy, thanks for saying what most of us were keeping to ourselves.
rod

ChetCapoli
07-07-2001, 06:46 AM
Hey froggy,
Me shut up? Mr LS hasnt said anything of substance since he came in here to bust my chops not just this ONCE. Leon had a legit question dont you think. So why not bust on him? This discussion has been going on LONG before you guys noticed it ok. Go get on HB and LS, they are makeing the folly of it.
BTW, there is no doubt a tunnel is the best, but when you keep up with a few with an old junk v it makes you wonder.
hey king, what's up with the profile? another one of those guys looking in from the outside without knowing what's going on. Maybe your LS or HB in disguise.

froggystyle
07-07-2001, 10:04 AM
You are right Chet. We should all make a point of trying to make these forums more constructive. If we sit here having cyber-pissing contests, all it is going to do is drive enthusiasts out of the forum, and before we know it, it will be a drag-race.cars.com all over again, with people bitching about what happened that weekend at the digs, or who bought what screwed up pump from who. Screw it. Everyone lighten up, and relax. If guys have questions, lets use our powers for good.

RiverDave
07-10-2001, 12:17 PM
Troll
I'm sorry I couldn't resist.
RiverDave http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy11.gif