PDA

View Full Version : Littering in the Channel

AllMaxdOut
06-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Be careful when your sitting in the Channel.....
We had been sitting there all day and cleaning up our plastic bottles and
cans when a friend of mine tossed one towards the trash can
and it missed and it landed beside the can and and he was taking a little to long to make his way to pick it up when the Havasu Patrols saw him and
issued him a ticket for littering,
there was only 1 can outside that trash can after being there the entire day
BE CAREFUL

OutCole'd
06-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear your buddy got popped, but after the way things have been going, I'm glad the hear the LE is stepping up.

SummitKarl
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear your buddy got popped, but after the way things have been going, I'm glad the hear the LE is stepping up.
double that please!! I am in full agreement

Ziggy
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Same I was thinking....zero tolerance in many regards. It needs to be that way.

NOTALENT
06-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Be careful when your sitting in the Channel.....
We had been sitting there all day and cleaning up our plastic bottles and
cans when a friend of mine tossed one towards the trash can
and it missed and it landed beside the can and and he was taking a little to long to make his way to pick it up when the Havasu Patrols saw him and
issued him a ticket for littering,
there was only 1 can outside that trash can after being there the entire day
BE CAREFUL
how long was a little too long??? :idea: Im glad to hear that they are now busting people for littering..maybe people will learn now....

Mandelon
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Pack it in, pack it out. There are dumpsters at the marinas for your trash bags. No tossing needed just bag it in your boat.
Sorry your pal got a ticket, but glad they're are enforcing the rules that make sense.

Miss Perfect
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Same I was thinking....zero tolerance in many regards. It needs to be that way.
I agree 100%!!

jbtrailerjim
06-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry to here your buddie got a ticket. I bet next time he will walk to the trash can and throw it away. ;) Glad to see that the LE is not letting people get away with littering anymore. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people do what your friend did and not go pick it up and throw it away.

AllMaxdOut
06-27-2005, 01:00 PM
It hadn't even been 1 minute from the time he had tossed it,
he was in the water and on his way to put it in the can.
The officer wasn't hearing any reasons.

Boozer
06-27-2005, 01:03 PM
I dont blame the cops. It has to be that way so people will get the point.
Hopefully they crack down on the f*ckers who throw their cans and bottles out of the boat too. Over memorial my buddies gf decided she was done with her beer and tossed the can into the lake, she was pissed when I made her go fetch it. That sh*t pisses me off! :devil: :sqeyes: :devil:

NOTALENT
06-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Hopefully they crack down on the f*ckers who throw their cans and bottles out of the boat too. Over memorial my buddies gf decided she was done with her beer and tossed the can into the lake, she was pissed when I made her go fetch it. That sh*t pisses me off! :devil: :sqeyes: :devil:
way to go...toss the girl over board...and make her get that shit...thats freakin horrible...people wonder why places get closed down or are off limits.... :frown: REP POINTS FOR BOOZER!!! :D

ChumpChange
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
I was in the Channel for quite some time on Saturday. A 28' Daytona came in for about an hour and when they started leaving, they had about eight beer cans then had thrown in front of their boat. I walked over to where they pulled out and asked them "are these yours"? The guy in the open bow portion was so embarrased, he jumped up and slipped right off the sponson, face first in the water to rush on over and put the cans in the trash.
They shouldn't have thrown them on the ground and left them there in the first place but I'm sure glad they picked them up.

Ion
06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
<size=3>'atta boy!</size>

Deano
06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
They shouldn't have thrown them on the ground and left them there in the first place but I'm sure glad they picked them up.
fawkin scumbags..... The only time I leave any empties on the ground is to put cig butts in.

cola
06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Pack it in, pack it out. There are dumpsters at the marinas for your trash bags. No tossing needed just bag it in your boat.
Sorry your pal got a ticket, but glad they're are enforcing the rules that make sense.
I see people empty the trash out of there boat at Steamboat all the time. How do you think that trash makes it way back. :confused:
Late, Mike

jackpunx
06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
we were at op6 this weekend.. in the lower sandbar.. there were so many bottles and beer cans under the water that I have to be really carefull not to step on them hard enough to break them.. I have seen a few under the water.. but.. this was amazing.. pissed me off to end.. I love the other sandbar..everyone has a trash bag.. and we police the beach.. nobody goes in there and thrashes with out getting a lashing from the local people..
thats the way I like it..
and thats why I dont go to the lower sandbar.. because the people there are visitors to this lifestyle.. and they have no regard because they will not be there to the next year..
it sux..
glad to hear that the cops are doing something different..

meaniam
06-28-2005, 08:30 AM
boater throwing shit on the lake. i wouldve made her jump after it like you did. but im a dick i would have considered leaving her ther in the water holding the can to think about it a while. if patrol would have seen that couldnt the operator of boat get the ticket

DUSTINU
06-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Way to go Deano.. I think Cig butts are the biggest problem, nobody wants them in their boat so they just toss them in the lake, street where ever. I don't care if people smoke around me... but throw that shi% in the trash.

Lightning
06-28-2005, 09:34 AM
we were at op6 this weekend.. in the lower sandbar.. there were so many bottles and beer cans under the water that I have to be really carefull not to step on them hard enough to break them.. I have seen a few under the water.. but.. this was amazing.. pissed me off to end.. I love the other sandbar..everyone has a trash bag.. and we police the beach.. nobody goes in there and thrashes with out getting a lashing from the local people..
thats the way I like it..
and thats why I dont go to the lower sandbar.. because the people there are visitors to this lifestyle.. and they have no regard because they will not be there to the next year..
it sux..
glad to hear that the cops are doing something different..
I picked up a couple of glass bottles this weekend that I found with my feet in the water. Glad they weren't broken when I found them.

Boozer
06-28-2005, 09:35 AM
boater throwing shit on the lake. i wouldve made her jump after it like you did. but im a dick i would have considered leaving her ther in the water holding the can to think about it a while. if patrol would have seen that couldnt the operator of boat get the ticket
Well had the operator been given a ticket it would have been my buddy because he was DD for the weekend. Him getting the ticket would have been fine by me, his b*tch his problem.
None the less my buddies gf will not be riding in my boat again. Throwing trash out of my boat is a good way to gauruntee yourself a spot on the restricted passenger list.
Lose your trash, lose your ride!
Hopefully others feel this way as well.

laveydayz
06-28-2005, 09:46 AM
What happened to the true "boaters"? All of these bandwagon peeps who now know the area because its the trendy cool thing to do, are the ones trashin our playgrond. I have been going to Havasu for 25+ years and this shit never was an issue until the jack asses started coming around. Pack it in, pack it out, its not real difficult. Im all for the zero tolerance on this issue.

ZZ-Man
06-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I was in the channel this weekend and I saw a difference from previous weekends it looked a little tidier. The LE looks like they have been reading the threads.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-28-2005, 11:34 AM
What happened to the true "boaters"? All of these bandwagon peeps who now know the area because its the trendy cool thing to do, are the ones trashin our playgrond. I have been going to Havasu for 25+ years and this shit never was an issue until the jack asses started coming around. Pack it in, pack it out, its not real difficult. Im all for the zero tolerance on this issue.
More and more people out on the water than ever before, most of them newbies as opposed to those of us that grew up boating. As you said, pack it in, pack it out. Also we have MTV to thank for attracting the losers that go twice per year because, as you said, it's the cool trendy place to go. If someone is a dirtbag in the city, they'll still be a dirtbag at the river. All of this BS continues, we will see an ever increasing presence of LEO's and tighter and tighter restrictions. WTF, wasn't OP6 supposed to take care of all of this "trouble at the river"? That's for the original OP6ers that were around when it all started. :cool:

CandyA$$
06-28-2005, 11:40 AM
This littering goes on everywhere.
Once was floating and the water got shallow that I stood up to walk and cut my foot on a glass bottle broken and in the sand. Shiat pissed me off. Picked it up and put it in my trash.
I get a kick though when you people who DO toss there own trash in their boats AND then you get other people around the sandbar seeing that and tossing their trash in that boat. Then end of day boat is loaded with trash. Yuk! Seen it though.

DeltaSigBoater
06-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Over the past couple of years as the water level has droped in lake mead, almost every time I go out im picking up trash (beer cans, & pull-tabs mainly) that has been under water for 25 or more years.

CandyA$$
06-28-2005, 12:40 PM
So have you found any parts or sunglasses.
I have invested in water shoes just for that reason.
It is not hard to buy trashbags. 99 cent store carries them.

riverrunner
06-28-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm glad they are cracking down. There is no excuse for littering. Your friend should have went right up there and picked up his trash. I'm sure the cop was watching him to see if he was actually going to pick it up and it appeared that he had no intention until he saw the cop coming.

laveydayz
06-28-2005, 12:46 PM
The worst part at Mead is the National Park Service has a huge roll of trash bags at the dock? Go figure.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-28-2005, 12:49 PM
The worst part at Mead is the National Park Service has a huge roll of trash bags at the dock? Go figure.
They do the same at all of the launch ramps in LHC I believe. Hell, the city has even put up trash bag dispensers in the channel this year! First time I've seen that and people still litter! :mad:

CandyA$$
06-28-2005, 12:49 PM
That would be a sign of HELLO, here's for your trash.
Even if you find the trash bag to full to put back in your boat at the end of the day, you could ask someon in a pontoon to haul it in for you. Well I allways travel with others so I have that option sometimes.

TCHB
06-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Things sure have changed.
Boaters use to keep the shores clean. Now there is a group that trashes the shoreline and waterways. Why!!!!!!!!!!!

termiteguy
06-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Things sure have changed.
Boaters use to keep the shores clean. Now there is a group that trashes the shoreline and waterways. Why!!!!!!!!!!!
its that way with every thing that is popular boating and the river are very
popular rite now and you get dumbasses who just dont appreate it as much
as others sone the trend will die down and they will go away or growup
until then keep on them

laveydayz
06-28-2005, 03:33 PM
its that way with every thing that is popular boating and the river are very
popular rite now and you get dumbasses who just dont appreate it as much
as others sone the trend will die down and they will go away or growup
until then keep on them
I hope the trend dies real soon and all the jack asses stay away. Un fortunatly does not seem like its gonna happen anytime soon. Thanks again MTV!!!

ChumpChange
06-28-2005, 03:39 PM
One of the things I am really ashamed of happened right in Havasu. I got drunk as a mofo and threw a GG bottle in the lake with the top off. It sank in deep water but I feel like such a shit for doing that. It will never happen again. Not proud of it at all :(
And I bet a really small fish swam inside the bottle, ate some algae and grew too big to swim out the neck of the bottle. That fish later died. Does that make you feel any more ashamed?

liquidasset
06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I see people empty the trash out of there boat at Steamboat all the time. How do you think that trash makes it way back. :confused:
Late, Mike
Hell I have family members that go up there all the time to collect the bottles and cans . In steamboat ,and at the sand bar . They started after my neice had to get over a hundred stiches after a stupid bottle cut.

liquidasset
06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
What is it with these new boaters that don't give a f*** about something most of us hold so dear. :hammer2: :hammer2: I do think giving your buddy a ticket was a little severe if he was getting up to throw it away.

jlnorthrup122
06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I was out the other day on the river down town here in CR IA and went to pull up the anchor and it wieghed 50 lbs heavier than normal there was a ****ing bicycle from the 70's stuck to it :D we had to sht down the motor and un tangle it unfortanatly the bike ended up back at the bottom of the river. I hate trash in the waters I ripped my heel half off when I was a kid on a frigging rusty ass steel barrel. Then we got to deal with all the runoff from all the farms around here and that makes for some nasty ass watters but there is a couple of nice lakes north of here that are worth the trip.