PDA

View Full Version : Header Baffles Needed!!!

wrenchdaddy
06-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I need a set of baffles for my basset headers. They are the long collector with bell end. Please PM ME!!! I can;t afford any tickets

Liberator TJ1984
06-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Make your own if ya can :mix: alot of guys here are doin' it and gettin' by.
But they don't test DB levels , just look in the header for some type of "baffel or muffler" :D

wrenchdaddy
06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I was thinking of doing that becuase they don;t check Db levels around here, what could I use to "make" some or soemthing that looks liek one? I don;t have a welder.

Liberator TJ1984
06-27-2005, 04:15 PM
some of the dudes here took what looks like a trailer house tie down auger, screwes in the gground to run straps thru
you know the spiral type that are about 6" long x 4" OD ??? they cut off the rod anchor, then bent one end of the auger part flat , and drilled a hole to bolt it in the header.....works for them :notam:

wrenchdaddy
06-27-2005, 06:57 PM
any other ways to make something that looks liek baffles, thats a pretty good one.

blowngas
06-27-2005, 08:20 PM
you can use some of the ones listed in Summit, or Jeg's catalog for car headers----fairly cheap---or use those for ideas and make your own

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-28-2005, 04:17 AM
the best homemade ones I have seen were okiedaves. It appeared that he took the perforated pipe out of an old muffler and simply ran a bolt thru it. Looked legit and provided zero silencing effect. I have actually considered making a set of these. Maybe he can provide a photo for you.
I would assume you could pick up a junk muffler at any muffler shop for nothing. sawzall and a 1/4" bolt and you should be in business.
Omega