PDA

View Full Version : Speedboat Magazine?

riverrunner
06-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Anybody else get one sent to them? I've never heard of it before. Got one in the mail yesterday. I know didn't subscribe to it. It looks a lot better than all the others. It actually has something bad to say about every boat tested.

little rowe boat
06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Yah,I received one.I know I didn't subscribe.

mud duck
06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Yea, I got one yesterday too. I liked it a lot. Read quite a bit of the various boat tests. The front said something like $5.95 per copy, but I never subscribed to it.

91nordic29
06-28-2005, 11:35 AM
we got one too. didnt subscribe.(?????)

DeltaSigBoater
06-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Here's what I found online.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kathryn Wender 212.767.6736 / Monique Valeris 212.767.6268
SPEEDBOAT - LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE
DEBUTS ON NEWSSTANDS JULY 5, 2005
NEW YORK, June 20, 2005 - Wade Luce, vice president/publisher of Boating, today
announced the debut of SpeedBoat - Life At Full Throttle, a publication showcasing highperformance
boating. Created by the editors of Boating, SpeedBoat features reviews of
the latest high-performance boats on the market, along with trends, techniques and new
products. The publication will make its inaugural appearance on newsstands July 5th
with a cover price of $5.99.
“We recognized the need for a premium high-performance marine magazine,” said
Luce. “SpeedBoat targets the core of the high-performance boat market and, with a
circulation of 80,000, it will be the largest performance boating publication in the world.”
All the questions performance enthusiasts have wanted answered will be addressed in
this magazine-from poker runs to APBA racing, SpeedBoat will be the most in-depth
high-performance boating publication.
“High-performance boating has always been a passion for many of our readers,” said
Randy Steele, vice president/editor-in-chief of Boating. “It’s smart for us to extend
Boating with a magazine that covers all aspects of this popular arena.”
Eric Colby, currently Boating’s senior technical editor, will serve as SpeedBoat’s editorin-
chief. Luce will oversee the business side of the publication. Hachette will distribute
50,000 copies to newsstands for three months beginning July 2005 and 30,000 copies to
targeted Boating subscribers. SpeedBoat’s total circulation of 80,000 copies makes it the
largest high-performance boating publication in the world.
SpeedBoat and Boating are published by Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. (HFM), which
reaches nearly 50 million readers in the U.S. through its more than 20 titles which also
include American Photo, Car and Driver, Cycle World, ELLE, ELLE Decor, ELLEgirl,
Flying, For Me, Home, Metropolitan Home, Popular Photography & Imaging, Premiere,
Road & Track, Road & Track Road Gear, Road & Track Speed, Sound & Vision,
Woman's Day and Woman's Day Special Interest Publications such as, Kitchens & Baths,
Home Remodeling & Makeovers, and Budget Decorating Ideas. In addition to the
magazines, Hachette includes book and custom publishing, integrated marketing,
database and market research, as well as Hachette Enterprises. Hachette Filipacchi Media
U.S., Inc., is the New York-headquartered subsidiary of Hachette Filipacchi Médias S.A.,
a wholly owned subsidiary of Lagardère SCA. The Hachette web site address is
www.hfmus.com.

Miss Perfect
06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
It got sent to my work and I know that we didn't subscribe.

prosthogod
06-28-2005, 12:06 PM
I didn't get one!!! :umm:

spectras only
06-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I've got a collection of Boating dating back to late 70's. It will be good competition for Hot boat and family performance that's for sure. No nonsense reporting and unbiased feedbacks/writeups in the past .

riverrunner
06-28-2005, 12:44 PM
I've got a collection of Boating dating back to late 70's. It will be good competition for Hot boat and family performance that's for sure. No nonsense reporting and unbiased feedbacks/writeups in the past .
Yeah, that's the way this magazine is. They actually had something bad to say about DCB as weel as every other boat tested. They really hammered Eliminator, something you never see anywhere else.

liquidasset
06-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I received one to. With a letter .The letter head read BOATING the worlds largest powerboat mag a pub of hachette filiopacchi media. The next issue is not suppose to be out untill early 2006 before the la boat show.

waterwitch
06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
We got one as well.
Haven't taken a look at it, but it looks
decent.

MagicMtnDan
06-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Speedboat has a magazine? :D

RiverDave
06-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Where did they get that big of a circulation right from the get go?
“We recognized the need for a premium high-performance marine magazine,” said
Luce. “SpeedBoat targets the core of the high-performance boat market and, with a
circulation of 80,000, it will be the largest performance boating publication in the world.”
RD

Wet Dream
06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I wonder if they are going to launch "Speedboat Forums" ;)

DeltaSigBoater
06-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Where did they get that big of a circulation right from the get go?
RD
I'm pretty sure they bought our names & mailing addresses from Flynt Publications. 30,000 free magazines to "selected" ***boat and powerboat magazine subscribers doesnt sound too bad.
I wonder when mine is going to get here.

phebus
06-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Hell, half the time a can't get "the" magazine I subscribe to. I doubt I'll get one I don't subscribe to. :hammer2:

phebus
06-28-2005, 01:38 PM
And, oh yeah, do they have neon tee shirts? :yuk:

jbtrailerjim
06-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I got one also. Good magazine. Lot's of good info in it and the reviews stated good and bad points about all boats they tested. If it is like that every month, I'm gonna have a new favorite boat magazine.

RiverToysJas
06-28-2005, 03:55 PM
I got mine today! Good magazine, I liked that they gave true good and bad on the test reviews. but....$5.99/copy!!!! TOO MUCH!!!
RTJas :D

pixilatedpussy
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Anybody else get one sent to them? I've never heard of it before. Got one in the mail yesterday. I know didn't subscribe to it. It looks a lot better than all the others. It actually has something bad to say about every boat tested.
HEY BABY!!!!!
Yes we got one too! Yes it is good. The kids love it! :p
How are you & Tracee?? When are you river bound again?

cdog
06-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I got the mag today..I like the article about the hull blueprinting and the differance between the 575 and the 600sc engines. Good mag. Very informitive on the big boat stuff. It's probably the best thing that could happen to these mags, mabey a little competition will make them better.

roln 20s
06-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I haven't received mine yet, but we did some advertising for Boat Bling in this new mag. I'm hearing great things about this magazine and I know the editors I spoke with for Ad space and feature articles were excellent to deal with and seemed to have a great concept of what a performance mag should be. I can't wait to see it. Anyone see the big Boat Bling Ad?
RD- apparently they circulated their 80K based on what boat you may have registered, other magazines that you subscribe to and location (from what I heard many months ago).
Roln 20s

shadow
06-28-2005, 07:59 PM
I haven't received mine yet, but we did some advertising for Boat Bling in this new mag. I'm hearing great things about this magazine and I know the editors I spoke with for Ad space and feature articles were excellent to deal with and seemed to have a great concept of what a performance mag should be. I can't wait to see it. Anyone see the big Boat Bling Ad?
RD- apparently they circulated their 80K based on what boat you may have registered, other magazines that you subscribe to and location (from what I heard many months ago).
Roln 20s
Roln,Yes your add is in the new Speedboat mag.Haven't had a chance to read it yet,but by thumbing through it it looks good.

LVJAKAZ
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
We got one today too?.. I havnt read it yet anything good? :)