PDA

View Full Version : Worlds 2001

burbanite
08-29-2001, 08:55 PM
Jungle Boy and Smash,
so, you are heading to my old stomping ground for the Big One! It is still cold that time of year so take some warm clothes and beware of Speights! You will understand what I mean when you get there, especially the more southern regions.
I know you are going to have a great time, it really is spectacular around the Queenstown area so soak it up as much as you can. The memories I have of my jet boating times all come from the South Island having grown up around Christchurch. You will no doubt come across some of the people who were around when I was, I still remember being in Mark Cromies championship winning boat back at the beginning of the 80's and if you see Bruce Street along the way, tell him Steve wants to know when he is coming to visit. The last time I saw Bruce was 90 or 91 when we did a couple of sprint races with the old AC Delco boat. These people have some serious engines - sprint boats with methanol burning Donovans, Rodecs and Renolds and a lot of marathon boats with mega inches......
Let us know how your trip went, there is always room for racing on a boating forum!

smash
08-30-2001, 01:52 PM
Steve
I'm a canadian so whether doesn't really matter. This will be my 12 trip to NZ/OZ anyway. The first with my boat the third in a boat. Looking forward to it. Will keep you posted.

burbanite
08-30-2001, 09:13 PM
12th time? In that case I'm telling you nothing you don't already know! Hell, I've only been back four times in 19 years!!!!
I had a look at the entry list, which one are you? I'll follow the proceedings more closely now.
Good luck and I look forward to hearing of your exploits.
Steve

Jungle Boy
09-07-2001, 02:31 PM
Burbinite, I just got back to work and now have time to play on the computor. At home I don't even go near the computor. I am looking forward to going and being part of the show. I think I will enjoy drinking some beer, chasing the girls and hopefully winning some cash (that will have to donated to Rob C). Do you still get out and run some river? Tough to give it up after doing it. I will let you know how we make out.

burbanite
09-08-2001, 07:15 PM
Jungle Boy: You guys will have to let us (here on the forum) know who to watch for, there are sites we can visit to keep up with daily events, it is always good to cheer on fellow boaters whilst they are racing! Post your details- name, boat number etc.
No chance to do any river racing out here in the Mid West and that was a long time ago. Mark Cromie is from the same area as my ex wife, as is Bruce Street who is also her cousin and my youngest sisters ex boyfriend, (sounds like Kentucky doesn't it!), Mark and Bruce were together for some World Championship wins. Bruce and I did some small marathons and we did a couple of sprints together - have known these guys since the '70s.
The only river stuff I get to do is taking the hydro onto the White River here in Indy!!!! In fact some of us guys and girls are going there tomorrow. DO NOT assume this is anything like the people on this board are used to, this little river is one of those typical types that meanders through the city. The last time I went out, the property owners drinking wine and beer on their decks in the evening could not believe their eyes (and ears)!
Like I told Smash, keep us posted, I for one am interested when one of our bretheren is racing.
Steve

Jungle Boy
09-08-2001, 07:30 PM
Burbinite, I am navigating a Eagle sponsored boat Lil'Coyote. Sam Strain is driving. He is from NZ and has lots of time on the rivers there. He and his wife are currently on a year long work visa at working for Eagle Power Boat for Rob Chrunyk. I am not taking a boat over due to the work thing, but got my days off to go over 3 weeks ago. There is a good sized crowd going from Canada (6 boats) and a bunch of beer drinkers. I am not sure who Smash is but I have a good idea (P.S.?). Look for Rob, Paddy and Spencer to do real good if their motors hold up. Will keep you up to date. There is a link on the www.jetboatracing.com (http://www.jetboatracing.com) page with all the enteries.

Jungle Boy
09-08-2001, 08:07 PM
Burbinite,
I hate to call a man a liar but I don't see Smash´s name (Dan) on the entry list for the Worlds. I may be wrong, but I do know all the boaters going (I think)and I have never heard of him. The river boat crowd in Alberta is small and tight and I have never met him on the rivers there and I put in over a 100 hrs a year on the North Sask, Upper/Lower Red Deer and Brazeau river. I thought his name could have been someone from Whitecourt but I see on another site he said his name is Dan from Calgary. I do appologize if I am wrong and will buy you a beer and cheap hooker over in NZ.

Kiwi Legend Jetter
09-09-2001, 04:30 AM
Gidday from Christchurch in NZ! Looking forward to seeing the mercury powered eagles out here, what top speed do they do? Look out for the Southern Stinger boat, they did very well last year, cleaned up a lot of the big boys!! Consistency and making sure you finish is the name of the game. The fastest boat never wins!!! I'm not involved in the racing but will be watching from the river bank and having the odd spieghts!!! Have you heard from Jesse Laforest lately? He must have been too busy to come for the race, haven't heard from him for a while.

burbanite
09-09-2001, 06:46 PM
Ok Jungle Boy, gotcha.
KLJ, I'm putting you in charge of cheerleading when these guys flash by.

Jungle Boy
09-09-2001, 07:08 PM
Keep the beer cold, cause after each leg I'm going to be thirsty. Sam has assured me that we are going to have fun. The boat we are running is pretty much maintenence free (that will be nice for a change). Pull the rocks out of the grate and fill 'er up with gas. Then she's Foster time. Do the girls flash there as they do in Whitecourt. God damn that would be fine.

smash
09-10-2001, 03:47 PM
Jungle Boy
You know who I am. I will hold you to that beer thing. My partner will hold you to that cheep hooker thing

smash
09-10-2001, 03:49 PM
BTW nobody calls me dan

smash
09-10-2001, 03:51 PM
Except my mom

Jungle Boy
09-10-2001, 04:01 PM
I'm sorry man. I hope there are cheap hookers there. I do appoligize. Let me know who you are when we get there and I'll buy a couple of beers. It is going to be a fun time.

Hallett of a Dream
09-10-2001, 05:25 PM
I'm still trying to find out what a Speight is.....

Kiwi Legend Jetter
09-10-2001, 06:51 PM
This might give you a clue!
http://www.speights.co.nz/