PDA

View Full Version : The Kiss..........

Her454
06-28-2005, 01:51 PM
The photograph below shows a red Doberman licking an exhausted fireman.
He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.
She is pregnant.
The firefighter was afraid of her at first, because he had never been around a Doberman before.
When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.
A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, "The Observer," noticed this red Doberman in the distance looking at the fireman.
He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.
As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139doberman.jpg

Her454
06-28-2005, 01:54 PM
What if Frenchie was a firefighter? Sorry :(
:cry: :cry: :cry: OMG Im so ****ing sick of hearing about Frenchie and that damn dog....!!!! :rollside:

clownpuncher
06-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Cool pic. Thanks. :)

CandyA$$
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
WOW
you never know with dogs and danger zones.
Amazing. Is this on a certain website? I have a friend who likes these kind of stories.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: OMG Im so ****ing sick of hearing about Frenchie and that damn dog....!!!! :rollside:
i'm with ya...

Mandelon
Damn, T, it looks like your ***boat rehab is just shot to hell lately. What a relapse..... :p

slink
Cool pic. Thanks. :)
F'N fireman...even dogs love em.........if that was a copper the dog would be latched on to his ear. :D Saw ya at OP6, but never made it over, kid duty and anchor duty.

clownpuncher
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
F'N fireman...even dogs love em.........if that was a copper the dog would be latched on to his ear. :D Saw ya at OP6, but never made it over, kid duty and anchor duty.
Remember that handler that partially fell through the the second floor and his K9 locked onto his leg from the first floor? Ouch.
You shoulda yelled, I could have used a break from all the excitement.
Next time, copper :D

Her454
06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
WOW
you never know with dogs and danger zones.
Amazing. Is this on a certain website? I have a friend who likes these kind of stories.
Im sure it is somewhere but I received it via email.
Damn, T, it looks like your ***boat rehab is just shot to hell lately. What a relapse..... :p
Been in class the last couple weeks and its so boring so WHILE WERE WAITING FOR THE REST OF CLASS TO CATCH UP :sleeping: :sleeping: I might as well keep updated on the world around me.... ;) I dont see it as
R E L A P S E, I dont like that word......

SummitKarl
06-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!! "her454" I am glad to see a nice post about "Dogs & Man"

clownpuncher
06-28-2005, 02:12 PM
She's just "confirming" her progress. Kinda light when a person quits smoking and then tests the water by sitting next to someone who is smoking, but still doesn't get the urge to smoke. :mix:

Her454
06-28-2005, 02:13 PM
She's just "confirming" her progress. Kinda light when a person quits smoking and then tests the water by sitting next to someone who is smoking, but still doesn't get the urge to smoke. :mix:
yea, what he said..... :rollside: and I can stop anytime......really. :D

Blown 472
06-28-2005, 02:19 PM
And here I was expecting to see Gene Simmons.

Her454
06-28-2005, 02:21 PM
And here I was expecting to see Gene Simmons.
Whatever BLOWS your skirt up...........
:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139GENE.JPG

Ziggy
06-28-2005, 02:40 PM
"Dogs Rule"!!! mans best friend...................as my daughter would say :smile:

welk2party
06-28-2005, 03:04 PM
The picture is cute for sure....but you might want to visit www.snopes.com! :D

Her454
06-28-2005, 03:06 PM
The picture is cute for sure....but you might want to visit www.snopes.com! :D
if your gokng to ruin if for me and tel em its not ture i dont want to.... :( i wnat to belive it.

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
didnt anyone get the warm tingling feeling reading the story and see that pic? i did ill admit,of course non-sexual...want to make that point considering what stories have been going around lately, :D .......now if was a pitbull would it of been so nice??hmmm

Her454
06-28-2005, 03:13 PM
didnt anyone get the warm tingling feeling reading the story and see that pic? i did ill admit,of course non-sexual...want to make that point considering what stories have been going around lately, :D .......now if was a pitbull would it of been so nice??hmmm
Dont teg me strated on the whole put bill thing again! :hammerhea

Froggystyle
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Wow... the snopes picture shows this one to be seriously doctored.

Caribbean Jet
06-28-2005, 05:29 PM
What a great picture and story.

NorCal Gameshow
06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow... the snopes picture shows this one to be seriously doctored.
it still ROCKS.... :cool:
OMG Im so ****ing sick of hearing about Frenchie and that damn dog....!!!! What she said...

Sleek-Jet
06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
From Snopes... I think Froggy was refering to the story:
The scene pictured above was captured by Charlotte Observer Patrick Schneider during a house fire in July 1999 and shows firefighter Jeff Clark receiving a doggie greeting from a pregnant red Doberman named Cinnamon. As the Observer described the circumstances behind the photograph in an April 2005 retrospective:
Charlotte firefighter Jeff Clark and Cinnamon, a pregnant red Doberman, gained international exposure with this photograph snapped by the Observer's Patrick Schneider during a July 1999 house fire. Seen through wire services and the Internet, the picture has moved people around the world and is still a top reprint seller.
However, the text that now accompanies e-mailed versions of the photograph is inaccurate in suggesting that Cinnamon was "thanking" firefighter Clark for saving her life "by carrying her out of the house into her front yard." As Clark himself explained, he didn't rescue the dog, and his encounter with her was pure happenstance:
We didn't do anything (special) to save Cinnamon. When we have a house fire, we have to do a primary search. There could be people home and inside. Our first major concern is life safety. That house was full of smoke and we couldn't see it very well. All I saw was a dog run out, and one was (already) in the backyard. I think Cinnamon got out the door herself.
The dog approached me. As soon as I knelt down and took my mask off, Patrick was coming around the corner of the house and took the picture.
Jeff Clark is still with the Charlotte Fire Department. Cinnamon eventually gave birth to five puppies and lived for several more years until she passed away in January 2005.

572Daytona
06-28-2005, 06:14 PM
The original picture on snopes is different too, it looks like someone doctored the photo to add and enhance to soot
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/firedog.jpg

Dawn Patrol
06-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Can't we have just one Good Dog story on this board?? :D
I keep checking snopes.com for that "other Dog" story, I guess it might be true.