PDA

View Full Version : I love jetboats,

Dimarco Kid
07-29-2001, 06:02 PM
I just read some guys postings and you guys are correct in saying this is a Jet only forum. I'm a v-drive guy, but when I see outboard junkies dumping on fellow "real motor boaters" I have to say something. Don't mean any offense to you pump guys, but definately mean it to ignorant outboarders.
Dimarco Kid

Ratpoision
07-29-2001, 06:34 PM
Ignernt Outboaders...whats yo problem...U got a "CAR" mota in ya bote an U call us Ignernt...dats bout rite fer ya'll V-drive boys(ya noticed i said Boys) and tha squirt bote boys ta be hangin tagether...ya'lls jus got too much money in ya pockets and tanks fer botes ta take 1500 or so HP ta make them git on plane...400# bote and a lil 150HP OB mota will kick ya ass so fast You'll wonder why ya got ya ugly ass out of bed ta start wit...Now I been look'in and jus not believ;in dat ya'll V-drive boys gunna be talkin bad bout us's O/B gang...Hell, I guess I should have expected az much when ya'll put ya moters in ya bote backasserds...Now ya'll be nice and maybe next time ya run into an O/B on tha lake He won't spank yo ass so bad...Ratpoision said dat!!

07-29-2001, 06:38 PM
Poorboy....go back to your own silly forum, or can't you get anyone to talk to you? You have to come here for some intelligent conversation? Judging from your spelling you don't qualify.....good bye, good luck in prison.

HavasuBarney
07-29-2001, 07:10 PM
I was sitting here thinking, managed not to hurt myself and realized, I've never even riddin in a jet boat!!
Always had outboards, 1 I/O, hmmmmmm. I think the exposed motors are very cool, like the header thing, just from my limited personal experience, I see very few really fast ones. Seems in big barren gap from the 50-60 mph boats to the 100+ to outa hand top fuelers.....500hp for 55, 1100 for 100....
I love the rooster thing, but I do that too..
I have a quiet outboard, 300 Promax, loud is not always better....have 2 Harleys also...
I'm willing to go or even exchance rides, just to be fair. I'm willing to learn...

hoolign
07-29-2001, 08:14 PM
ratpoison...three words for you...hooked...on...phonix

rstover1
07-29-2001, 08:27 PM
Hey barney I dont live in cali and I've never been to havasu but I'd love to take you for a ride I've got a simple tx19 with a single carb 454 chevy its only about 390hp and I'm runnin an easy 65 mph when I get my droop I should be runnin mid 70's the thing about jet boats is the acceleration I've been in every kind of boat their is to be in from a 90+ mph ob to a 70 mph I/O. Nothing accelerates like a jet top speed may not be that high but getting to that speed is the most fun thats why I bought a jet plus I like the sound of a big block. Plus its not all about beating every one on the lake its not all that important to me there is always someone faster.If I can beat a few cool lets all have a beer and some fun thats what its all about anyway... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

HavasuBarney
07-29-2001, 11:47 PM
Well I'm not beating everybody now! But I love acceleration, I too am willing to give some top end for that...
I also lack some vocabulary, I don't know droop, not sure that sounds good!
I boat on Lake Mead and Lake Havasu, ,lots of LONG high speed cruising with passengers, rough water. I do love the sounds those big blocks make rumbling through the canyons, I just hate being right behind them in the channel.
I'm seeing more and more, some of them big blown motors can handle some abuse, but can you run them hard?
I also love to run very hard. I am not familiar with a big block that has all the versitlity with good range, speed, 90+. It may exist, I just have not seen it for any reasonable money.
A friend of mine has a TX19 running an older OMC 235hp eggbeater, runs close to 90.

riverlover
07-29-2001, 11:56 PM
For me, my big block jet bring back a lot of awesome memories. When I was kid (30 yrs ago) my dad owned some kind of bad ass flat bottom v-drive. It was friggin loud (dry stacks)and dangerous. My folks had a vacation trailer at Parker near the dam. A place called Klines Cliff site. I don't know if it even still exist. My dad taught me to ski and tube (old school with truck inner tubes) behind that boat. We would cruise the river when it was a vacation spot for middle class Californians who couldn't afford much.
When I was 9, my dad was murdered at work. Of course the trailer was sold and the boat soon followed. I didn't get back to the river until my late 20's.
Blah, Blah, Blah....to make this story short, my loud V8 with it's inefficient pump bring back good memories. I don't really give 2 sh.ts who is first to the gas pump or dock. If I was truely interested in winning races against outboards I'd buy an blown alcohol boat and spank your outboard asses all day long. Besides, for the first 1/8 th of a mile you'll be sucking water from the rooster booster.
I'm not trying to start some kinda war here I'm just saying if I own a jet and you own an o/b, we must have some reason, ya think?
RL
[This message has been edited by riverlover (edited July 30, 2001).]

rstover1
07-30-2001, 12:29 AM
Barney a droop is a add on for the pump that puts the nozle lower in the water and helps to get more of the boat out of the water I live in Oklahoma hopfully some day I will be able to afford a vacation to havasu. I've seen girls gone wild at havasu and it looks like a blast. Then again Texoma and euphalla both have great party spots. A freind of mine has a blown bbc in a tx and runs a gps 112mph the only trouble I've ever seen him have is a blower belt breaking but he dosent run a constant 112 mph all day long. I think o/b motors are more reliable but if I owned one and it did ever break I'd have to pay someone to fix it if my boat breaks I can fix it my self thats part of the reason I have a jet.

Dimarco Kid
07-30-2001, 02:15 AM
You guys read Ratpoisons post?
My point has been made.
Dimarco Kid
P.S. My boat runs faster than Jay Wrights outboard drag boat, if you don't understand that one, don't try to figure it out.

beached1
07-30-2001, 06:32 AM
Riverlover,
I can relate. Sorry about your dad. I grew up going to Buckskin every summer. My dad had 19' Southwind with a BBC, Berk jet, Big Bassets stickin out. It was a lot of great memories. As my fathers cancer progressed, he had to give up some of the things he loved most, the river was one of them. So when I decided to get a boat, there was no question as to what type. I have ridden two strokes (dirtbikes/PWC's) all my life, it would have made more sense if I would have gotten an OB. I know how to tweak those. But it was just the sound of a Big Block and and roostertail that gives me great memories of hangin with pop's. He's still kickin thank god, but he has lost most of his face so he can't really speak. He used to refer to my bikes as "Slant Eye'd Shit" when he could speak. When I told him that I bought an old Jet, He smiled as best as he could. So, it's jets for me.

Ratpoision
07-30-2001, 06:34 AM
Ya no Kid Dimarko, U made dat post at 3am...U shoulda been in da bed gittin U sum rest so's ya can cum up wit sum mo of dem silly ass remarks like dat last one...plus sum mo beuty sleep wouldn't hurt ya ugly ass either...I notice most people sho git rile'ed up when tha other guys shit iz better than thiers, kinda like U not lik'en O/B's...Anybody kan buy speed parts and stick on a car motor and make sum mo HP, or do ya pay sumbody smarter than U??? Now it takes a lot mo smarts ta git mucho HP out in them lil bitty cubed 2 strokes, don't ya agree!!! If'in ya don't I figger ya dummer than I thought ya wuz, but then what ya expect out of a Yankee...By tha way, that remark about U yanks whoop'in us in da civil war, well U wuz right, ever dog haz it's day...but we ain't fergot nutt'in, and ever time ya gas ub dat gas guzzl'in squirter, U thanks about about us southern oil produc'in states and how we iz ream'in ya'lls yankee ass's...OOHHHWWEEEEE I luv Jetbotes, wit big tanks...ever time ya punch that ole 4 stroker, tha south iz rizen again...have a nice day, an puncher once fer me sucka...Ratpoision said dat!!

HavasuBarney
07-30-2001, 07:08 AM
I also lost my father at an early age, prior to your post I hadn't thought about him in a while. One thing I remember clearly was when he would pull the boat up to the beach, scramble to the back of the boat anf pull the outboard up as the lower unit hit the sand.
Funny how our fathers may have started this thing!

beached1
07-30-2001, 07:25 AM
True.

Blown509Liberator
07-30-2001, 07:30 AM
HavasuBarney
Come out to Firwater and I'll give ya a ride in a Jet. Heck you'll think your at home In Your Liberator except for that cool Blower Whine. lol
Later Barn
MikeW
PS looking for pic of damageinc's liberator cant find then...
[This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited July 30, 2001).]

DamageInc
07-30-2001, 07:54 AM
Try here:
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bullrider_96
Thanks again for the kind words Barn! I am looking forward to September and Mead!
Haven't heard from you in a while! Drop me an e-mail when you get a chance!

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2001, 08:04 AM
Fishin' Fun (http://www.screamandfly.com/screamandflymagazine/images/Videos/Air%20Talon2.mov)
http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif

E_S_K_I_M_O2
07-30-2001, 08:47 AM
im new to jets. you can see my little jet here: http://www.geocities.com/e_s_k_i_m_o2/JET_BOAT_PAGE.html?996511036212
it is a 16 foot samarai jet. 350 roller chev. berk pump, c impeller.
like someone said theres nothing like the acceleration and rooster tail. my little 350 will hold its own with a 1100 jet ski out of the hole. im running about 63 now (pump inefficient). i will soon get its new paint (orange/with flames) im going to airbrush this.
throws about a 30 foot rooster. i love this. she's a great boat. and like all the other jet boaters, im hooked. love the sound.
thinking one day of going big block, but for now the rollen 350 works great
[This message has been edited by E_S_K_I_M_O2 (edited July 30, 2001).]

boatnam2
07-30-2001, 08:52 AM
damm hh talk about driving drunk when a guy flips his boat then gets pumped up about it,shit like that scares me.

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2:
damm hh talk about driving drunk when a guy flips his boat then gets pumped up about it,shit like that scares me.
No helmet or lifevest, I think he's pumped to be alive.

Blown509Liberator
07-30-2001, 09:01 AM
DamageInc.
Nice work on the liberator. Very cool colors.
I was telling Barny that i was not to impressed with he rigging on my Liberator. I bought mine with out engine or pump and did that myself. the wiring has be a bit of a pain in the ass. I like your Cup holder in the side in the would like so see more pics on that if you can.. thanks
MikeW

HavasuBarney
07-30-2001, 09:19 AM
Damage and family have been friends with Dave (Liberator) for many years and have had several, they even came up with thier own color scheme and patterns and had Dave put it on for him. Damage also bought his boats bare!
There is a high stakes poker rum on Mead in September, anyone else plan on attending?
Party at the Barn for sure!!!

RiverDave2
07-30-2001, 09:21 AM
HH, I couldn't get that link to work for me! I tried downloading it as well as just opening it in Netscape. Any advice?
RD2 http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif

froggystyle
07-30-2001, 09:24 AM
Barney, you are going to be at OP6 right? I'll see to it that you get a ride in as many jets as you can stomach. I'm looking forward to a ride in your blender though too! Too bad you couldn't have been around for the blown Daytona phase of my life. That thing was inspiring.

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2001, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave2:
HH, I couldn't get that link to work for me! I tried downloading it as well as just opening it in Netscape. Any advice?
RD2 http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
Got Quicktime?

spectras only
07-30-2001, 09:34 AM
works for me with quicktime

HavasuBarney
07-30-2001, 10:11 AM
Yes, coming to OP6, looking forward to sharing my boat as well as others, thanks!!
I've never been down to Parker, now I hear thers are 2 areas in Parker? Where do I launch to get to the Keys?
[This message has been edited by HavasuBarney (edited July 30, 2001).]

DamageInc
07-30-2001, 10:27 AM
Thanks Mike! I appreciate the compliment. The box you see that has the cup holder, cubby hole, and speaker was built by me as an extra. I just measured the space available and built a box. I have AutoCAD drawings of it, if you want them just drop me an e-mail.

Dimarco Kid
07-30-2001, 01:24 PM
Know what the sad part is Ratpoison, your posts are so retarded I couldn't even read it. Duh, Dimarco Kid said dat!
P.S. I did see something about stupid comments, I think that's what it said, I hope that wasn't towards the Jon Wright thing. That obviously means you don't know who he is. If you have fast outboards and don't know that boy, shut your face.

Dimarco Kid
07-30-2001, 01:24 PM
Know what the sad part is Ratpoison, your posts are so retarded I couldn't even read it. Duh, Dimarco Kid said dat!
P.S. I did see something about stupid comments, I think that's what it said, I hope that wasn't towards the Jon Wright thing. That obviously means you don't know who he is. If you have fast outboards and don't know that boy, shut your face.

Dimarco Kid
07-30-2001, 01:26 PM
I spent some time figuring out your post, but no luck. Yeah it was 3:15 am, don't quite get that dam time change thing do ya.

Dimarco Kid
07-30-2001, 01:31 PM
Hey I could read "outboards". No man, I LOVE outboards, got two matter of fact. Couldn't be happier with them. When I said "ignorant outboarders" the emphasis (em-fah-sis) was on "ingnorant". That means you.
Dimarco Kid
(done playin' with you, see ya)

h2otboat
07-30-2001, 02:27 PM
Hey rstover1 what are some of the better lakes for a jet boat in your part of the world..I grew up on tenkiller but have not been there in quite some time.

rstover1
07-30-2001, 09:17 PM
I spend most my time on euphalla but here lately it seems kinda dirty we got a place there and there is all kinds of room biggest lake in oklahoma ya know. Texoma is awsome!!!!!Im only about ten minutes from thunderbird so if I need a quick fix I go there for a day or two.Been to tenkiller fin-n-feather resort when I was a kid but never boated there yet!!! This weekend I'm watchin the races at olverholster then cruisin dirty-bird.Sat and Sun if the doc says I can!!
p.s. I'm gonna watch slowboat run I'll let you guys know how it goes hope he is as fast as he says he is
[This message has been edited by rstover1 (edited July 30, 2001).]

NordicSquirt
07-30-2001, 10:24 PM
Where do you live at rstover? I live about 10 minutes south of Purcell. Do you ever go to Arbuckle or Murray? I will be at the boat races also on Sunday, hope they are better than Fort Cobb was last year. Anyways, see ya around.

rstover1
07-30-2001, 10:36 PM
I didnt get to make ft cobb last year. I'm not missin this year you should bring your boat to thunderbird on sunday I'll be over on the south side by twin bridges. Never been to murray but I hear its nice I plan on tryin at least one new lake a year as log as the budget allows.Its alway cheaper to go to our place at euphalla all you got to buy is gas and beer.I'll look for you at the races

NordicSquirt
07-30-2001, 10:49 PM
I have the motor out of the boat this week for repairs(Rod knock) and to install PLACE DIVERTER!!! I can hardly wait. I will come to DirtyBird sometime. Hope to have the boat fixed next week. From posting on the other board(Real Jet Boats) a meeting has been arranged for Lake Ray Roberts, North of Dallas Aug. 26th. Maybe you could go, I am going to try.

rstover1
07-31-2001, 01:08 AM
I'd like to go but unfortanatly I just had surgery and I need to get back to work funds are low. But as soon as the doc oks I'll be at thunderbird aleast every other weekend just post somthing on here when you plan to go. I'm always up for drinkin a cold one with a fellow boater!!! Sorry about your rod knocking http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif my brother just smoked his 455 on the 4th at euphalla we just about got it rebuilt waiting on machine work and the new pistons to come in.

NordicSquirt
07-31-2001, 08:01 AM
I have the bottom end repaired, just waiting on the heads from the machine shop. Sorry to hear about your brothers boat, and hope you get back to jetting soon.

h2otboat
07-31-2001, 03:53 PM
Sounds fun.If I can ever get back to that part of the country maybe we canhave a cold one and stir up the water.........

brazosriver
08-01-2001, 11:44 AM
nordicsquirt..I'm from the dallas area. Do you happen to know anything else about the jetboat get together at ray roberts lake? Like a time or location..Do you plan on going...thanks...brazos