PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting today

Cas
05-01-2006, 03:42 PM
It appears that the only business' that lost out were the Hispanic owned ones that closed. All the other business' were doing just fine and the all the restaurants that were open looked to have a lot more customers than normal.
The other observation that was very interesting, there was at least a 5 to 1 ratio in favor of Old Glory being waved by the Hispanics.
When I went to pick my kids up at school, lots of Hispanics still attended. My kids said that all of their classes were pretty much at normal attendence.
Oh yea, there weren't any of the day workers at any of their normal locations which was very nice to see!
any of you all seen much of a change?
All in all, I think it was proven that the US would be better off without the illegals.

FLEA DIDDY
05-01-2006, 03:46 PM
It appears that the only business' that lost out were the Hispanic owned ones that closed. All the other business' were doing just fine and the all the restaurants that were open looked to have a lot more customers than normal.
The other observation that was very interesting, there was at least a 5 to 1 ratio in favor of Old Glory being waved by the Hispanics.
When I went to pick my kids up at school, lots of Hispanics still attended. My kids said that all of their classes were pretty much at normal attendence.
Oh yea, there weren't any of the day workers at any of their normal locations which was very nice to see!
any of you all seen much of a change?
All in all, I think it was proven that the US would be better off without the illegals.I didn't notice anything different here in Mesa/Pheonix. I went to Del Taco and it was packed, Chipolte packed Home Depot, full parking lot............Business as always :rollside:

Itsahobby
05-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Nobody emptied the trash in the bathroom. :mad:

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
I noticed a few things, I didnt have to wait (to get my coffee) for 4 or 5 landscapers to fill their coffee cups and pour 5 pounds of sugar in. And there was no traffic on the way to work.

spectratoad
05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
This in my opinion is just a ploy to get people to think. "Oh the poor little illegals really love this country so we should make amnesty ok."
Screw them :mad: What they should have done was let the protesters gather, then secure the area with police and national guard and check id's on the way out. You have id and papers you can leave. You don't step to the left and get on the bus.

Sportin' Wood
05-01-2006, 03:53 PM
I liked it better here in So Cal. There was not a Mob scene at the place I hit on the way to work asking for daily CASH employment.
The guy that washes cars still came around and did the interiors for free today.
Seems alot better to me as the framers did not have armies on the job and us plumbers where finally able to catch up. So all and all I think my life would be better with out them.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-01-2006, 05:46 PM
The traffic was nice and light. I didn't miss the immigrants one bit. I wasn't missing any hispanic kids in class either. Good thing. It was the first day of testing.

Debbolas
05-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Well, traffic seemed a bit lighter.................
The kids I did tutor, did not go to school...............but....................all of my kids showed up for tutoring (paid for by the FEDERAL GOVERMENT, Pres. George Bush's No Child Left Behind Act)...............
I did see some protesters marching in white t-shirts toward Ontario City Hall........where they make CITY not FEDERAL law.......unless George Bush might call down to Ontario City Hall and ask their opinion about the Immigration bill............ya never know....................And the Ontario police were trying to keep them off Mission Blvd by positioning their police cruisers........at the end of the city streets......
One of the dads wanted me to talk to his daughter about the importance of education................after he didn't send her to school :rolleyes:

Nord
05-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Funny that this thread started....We have been busy all day and my worker (hispanic) showed up on time and chipper. Why you ask??
Cuz she lives here and she is an American!!

Her454
05-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I just watched a news station out of Sacramento. They are claiming that the protest definitly made a financial impact on the country. :mad: They also read several emails on the air from people and 8 out of 10 were against the protests.
They estimated about 18,000.00 protestors in the Sacramento area and approx 500,000 in the LA area.... can that be correct? HOLY SHIT thats alot of protestors if the numbers are right.