PDA

View Full Version : Fellow V-Drivers need your PRAYERS!!!

BILLY.B
06-28-2005, 08:02 PM
I thought you should all know that a couple of our fellow v-drivers are in need of your prayers. Jason Smalls ( Smalls on the boards ) wife is in ICU with a major internal infection. Heather just gave birth to twin girls 1 month ago and hasn't been feeling up to par since. She was admitted into the hospital on Sunday and has remained there in the ICU ever since. Heather needs you to pray for her and her family at this very trying time as this is a very dangerous infection... Another V-Driver Tom Heckman has also had some major bad luck hit his family. A week ago Friday his wife was admitted to Long Beach Memorial with a brain aneuysm that had burst and she is on life support. She has shown some improvement but it will be a very long recovery for her if she is able to pull through. And if you know Heidi she is a very strong person with alot of will power and if anybody is up for the challenge she is. Thanks for your prayers in advance. God bless...

wsuwrhr
06-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up, they will be in our thoughts.
Hopefully everything will be ok.
I wish we were closer to help out.
Brian

GofastRacer
06-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks for posting that Billy, thoughts and prayers go out to all, hope for a speedy recovery for both!..

Kindsvater Flat
06-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Very bad to hear. I talked to Smalls sunday and he sound so tired....
Pray for them both and a speedy recovery.

dmontzsta
06-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Terrible news. I pray for a speedy recovery. It must be really tough to have your wife (the glue) be in this situation. God Bless them.

Racer277
06-28-2005, 08:13 PM
They'll be in our prayers.
Thanks and please keep us updated on their conditions.

Mrs. GoFast
06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Prayers go out to all for a speedy recovery.

Moose
06-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Are prayers go out to smalls wife and family and also to the heckman family. We pray for a speedy recovery.
The Moose Family

WILDERTHANU
06-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the post Billy. Thats terrible to hear :frown:. My thoughts go out to both tonight. Hang in there Jason!!

06-28-2005, 08:28 PM
So sorry to hear this, I don't know if God will pay much attention to me but I'll give it my best shot and ask him for a couple of very special favors. Prayers forthcoming.

Sanger D
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
father in heaven, we come to you in need of your healing hand,we ask LORD that you WILL touch these women LORD and keep themin your heart,we pray that you give their familys peace and assurance LORD that YOU are in control, we pray for a speedy recovery LORD because their familys need them!!,FATHER we ask these things in JESUS, name ,AMEN . :smile: :smile: god bless you SMALLS and HECKMANS!!!
the SCHNEIDERS :smile:

ColeTR2
06-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Get well soon ladys!! you will be in my thoughts!

BA Kurtis
06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
I will be praying for these families, keep us posted, prayer works :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Reading this makes our little boat hobbies seem trivial... we'll be prayin for you.
--Jerry and Charity Griffin

uclahater
06-28-2005, 09:36 PM
My family will include yours in all of our prayers Smalls. If theres anything else we can do let us know!!!

mouzer
06-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Our Prayers go out to both familys!

circleboatKIDD
06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
my thought and prays are with both familys

Kurtis500
06-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Will say prayers

Bense468
06-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers to both familys :(

Hallett
06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Our Prayers go out to both familys
god bless.

Hud
06-29-2005, 03:36 AM
Very sad news! Our thoughts & Prayers go out for Heather & Jason & kids. Also for the Heckman family! Bob & Cathy.

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
06-29-2005, 05:11 AM
hope everything works out,ill be praying for the smalls and the heckmanns. :clover:

VD CRUISER
06-29-2005, 05:24 AM
My thoughts and prayers to these ladies and their familys.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-29-2005, 05:28 AM
Our thoughts & prayers go out to ALL!!!
The Luvnlife's

Flatbitchin
06-29-2005, 06:00 AM
Our Thoughts And Prayers Are With The Familys In Need May God Watch Over You.
The Farners

fastsanger
06-29-2005, 06:56 AM
our thoughts and prayers go out to both families
shawn & shannon green

steve d
06-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Thank you all-
Small's wife is in our prayers also.
Steve.Kris, Jenni and the Heckman family.

Her454
06-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Billy, thanks for the update and my prayers are with both families.......
Traci & Brit

Da-Bull
06-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the post Billy, our thoughts and prayers go out to both families. May God comfort and bless both families.
Jeff and Barbara Barnhart

Dimarco21
06-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Our prayers go out to them. Phil,Vera and Family

Highlimit9000
06-29-2005, 11:46 AM
That man may hope and have faith for a healing touch of God is encouraged by the revelation of God and teachings in Scripture: He is an healing Lord and Saviour. Exodus 15:26, "I am the LORD, that healeth thee." Jesus healed the sick and freed the demon possessed and of these works He said that they were the works of His Father in heaven. In the commission to preach the Gospel Jesus included the command to heal the sick; Marc 16:18. In the previous verse Jesus said that healing of the sick would be a sign that followed message of the Gospel, to emphasize its divine authority. God Bless both Families....

Cole Man II
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the familys. I hope and pray for a good outcome. Be strong.
Cole Man.

victorfb
06-29-2005, 12:11 PM
very sad news. prayers and well wishes to both families.

charitycase
06-29-2005, 01:33 PM
You also have our Prayers.Casey&Christina

Rexone
06-29-2005, 01:49 PM
My prayers are with both.
Thanks Billy for posting it.

lucky
06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
may god watch over them and protect them -
prayers and wishes

BILLY.B
07-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Well your prayers are working. Heidi Heckman is off life support and showing improvement which has the doctors baffled as she was not expected to make it according to the doctors. She has made a huge turn around and is able to move her feet and toes, squeeze her niece's hand, follow commands and displayed a kiss to her husband Tom. She is still unable to talk due to the trac tube in her throat but things are looking awhole lot brighter then last week. Heather Smalley is also coming around slowly. She is more coherent and the infection seems to be subsiding. She is still not out of the woods but any improvement is a major step forward. Seems she starting coming around Wednesday night so the doctors wanted to run a test to make sure her bladder was not leaking anymore so they loaded her into a wheel chair and down the hall they went to run the test. They get to a set of doors that would not open (magnetic) so they called for help. After no help arrived Jason promtly pulled one of the doors open (fed up) and they continued on there way. By now Jason is just about done with all the BS (understandable) and he just wants his wife back. The family's have been in contact and are very thankful to all of you for your thought's and prayer's.....P.S. Pete Kimball which some of you may know or have seen on the River Rats video ( Spitfire hull, blown gas engine) is recovering from a 9hr back surgery. He called me yesterday and sounded great. Hopefully he'll have a full recovery and be back out running his flat very soon. Take care.

lucky
07-01-2005, 05:24 AM
thanks billy - glad to hear it - chris

07-01-2005, 07:35 AM
That is good news....Thanks for the update BIlly.

Her454
07-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Thats fantastic news Billy, thanks! :D

Morg
07-01-2005, 08:46 AM
My deepest thoughts & prayers go out to the Smalley & Heckman family.
Mike F. told me about Heather yesterday. This of course hit very close to my heart right now.
I have been witness to a few miracles in my life. And I have always believed in God above. I never thought I would feel as close to him as I do right now. I also never even imagined I would feel the importance of prayer & the faith in Gods will.
Jason, I can only imagine what is going in your head right now. We are all here for you. As craig said be strong brother.
Heckman family, May God touch you & help you in this very dificult time.
John
P.S.- I happen to be a project manger for a company that supplies commercial doors frames & hardware. We do a bunch of work for hospitals. Magnetic locks are widely used. I had always been skeptical about the security of a mag lock. But after reading a huge amount of literture on the mag. locks my opinion changed. I have sat in meetings with architects reasuring them the mag locks are widely used in detention aplications (prisons) & have holding power the a person cannot break. Now I don't know the specific's of the lock that tried to stop Jason. I do know one thing, DON'T PISS OFF SMALLEY. Especialy when family is involved.

Brendellaracin
07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the good news Billy,
We are very glad to hear things are looking up for the Heckman family and our prayers are with them.
Hey Smalls, Hang in there Buddy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Stay positive, THINGS WILL GET BETTER !!
-Marty & Cheri :cool: :rolleyes:

Norseman
07-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Our prayers go out to both Families!!
Bob

BIGCHRIS
07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Hope all is well prayers for both

wsuwrhr
07-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Good news, good news.
Brian

Hud
07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Thank you much little buddy for the update.........C'mon! :cool:

old rigger
07-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Nothing really new to add to what BillyB said above about Heckmans wife, except I was told last night that she is now mouthing words, still unable to speak with that tube in her throat. Truely amazing recovery so far given the fact that they were planing on attending a funeral this weekend.
Heckman and his brother in law Steve (also a v-drive guy) are both neighbors of ours. Heckman's a general contracter with 12 jobs on the books right now. Mostly re-models and stuf like that. All of his subs have stepped up and taken control of the jobs so he can be at the hospital pretty much 24-7. Very cool........

Rexone
07-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Pinning thread so more see it... :clover:

infotraker
07-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Hopefully all is better for both families. I Bet Jason has his hands full with those twins while his wife is recoperating!

Norseman
07-05-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the update Billy!!
We will keep praying for a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!
Bob

BILLY.B
07-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Talked to Jason Sunday evening and he is truely amazed at the recovery his wife Heather is making and so are the doctors. Heather is aware of what is happening and was able to sit up on her own which was a big step. Nothing more to report on Heidi Heckman then what oldrigger said. She is truely a miracle and her and Heather are proof that all of your prayers aren't going unheard. I'll give more updates as soon as they are available.

Mrs Luvnlife
07-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the updates. So good to hear the positive progress, very encouraging! They will continue to be in our thoughts & prayers!!
The Luvnlife's

smalls
07-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I want to thank everyone for you Prayers and Thoughts.
The last two weeks have been crazy to say the least.
Heather is still in ICU and may get to go to a recovery room soon pending a couple of tests. Her recovery has been amazing. She is young, strong and has two new babies and a lot of Prayers & Love to keep her going.
She still has a long way to go with her internal problems but I am staying optimistic.
Thank You All Again for your continued prayers.
Here are a couple pics of the girls....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/266the_girls_034.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/266Girls_061705_018.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-05-2005, 09:29 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Great lookin Babies Bro!!! :smile:

BILLY.B
07-06-2005, 05:43 AM
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Great lookin Babies Bro!!! :smile:Yeah, something to be said when they get there looks from the mother :D :D . :argue:

GofastRacer
07-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Glad to hear the good news, great looking babies!.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

vdriver4ever
07-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Smalls...
Your Idaho friends have you in our thoughts and prayers. The kids are great looking.
Vdriver4ever

Sangerboy
07-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Glad to hear Heather keeps improving Smallie, You guys will continue to be in my family's prayers. Hope you're doing OK, a wife in the ICU and 2 new babies can be a pretty intense load. BTW very cute kids, it looks like your daughters lucked out like mine did and look like their mom instead of their dad :smile:

Morg
07-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what's up. So glad to here Heather is getting better.
The girls look great. In fact I got a little someone who would probably like to meet them some day, ca-mon

uclahater
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Smalls congrats on the beauitiful kids. Your only 4 behind so get busy, and glad to here your wife is getting better :cool: :cool:

Her454
07-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Jason, Im so glad to hear Heather is improving! Thats great news, and your two little ones are adorable! We are all still praying for her up on the Mountain and Kay and Alvin send their love.................

Brendellaracin
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey Smalls,
Those girls are BEAUTIFUL, Were are so glad to here Heather is doing better! :rollside:
Hang in there, and we'll keep those prayers coming at you.
-Marty & Cheri :cool: :smile:

meaniam
07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
I thought you should all know that a couple of our fellow v-drivers are in need of your prayers. Jason Smalls ( Smalls on the boards ) wife is in ICU with a major internal infection. Heather just gave birth to twin girls 1 month ago and hasn't been feeling up to par since. She was admitted into the hospital on Sunday and has remained there in the ICU ever since. Heather needs you to pray for her and her family at this very trying time as this is a very dangerous infection... Another V-Driver Tom Heckman has also had some major bad luck hit his family. A week ago Friday his wife was admitted to Long Beach Memorial with a brain aneuysm that had burst and she is on life support. She has shown some improvement but it will be a very long recovery for her if she is able to pull through. And if you know Heidi she is a very strong person with alot of will power and if anybody is up for the challenge she is. Thanks for your prayers in advance. God bless...
i wish the very best to all.i hope god helps them pull through

FLYTE RISK
07-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Hang in there brother,, she will come through. :rollside:

Obsessive Compulsive
07-09-2005, 10:15 PM
It is always disturbing to hear such horrifying news about friends you know. You always think it will happen to someone else. When that someone else is your friend, you realizwe what a small world it is and that anything can happen to anyone one of us at anytime time. Remember the fate of ANita last year when she experienced mulitple anurisyms (sp?). Heather has alot to live for and I am cetain that she won't want to miss the growth of her daughters and the love of her husband for anything, She will fulfill all the prayers and lead a rich and fulfillng life. We also send prayers to the Smalls and Heckman families! Pierre, Lora and Devin.

smalls
07-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Good news,,,, Heather came home this weekend. She is very happy to get home to be with the babys. It will take a while but they think she will make a full recovery.
Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts... Smalls

WILDERTHANU
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Thats awesome news Jason!!! Its so good to hear your family is back together at home again.

Morg
07-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Jason,
I can not tell you how nice it is to read your post. It just gives me a warm fuzzy thinking of her being home with her girls again.
Looking forward to seing you guys at the lake real soon.

Sangerboy
07-13-2005, 06:46 PM
That's great Jason :D As much as girls grow to love their daddies, bonding with mom is very important especially at this time :cool: :cool:

AJ
07-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Smalls hang in there and we are glad that Heather is home and doing better. The girls are real cuties,,,,,hope to see you and the family on the water soon.

wsuwrhr
07-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Good news indeed Smallzie.
You guys have been in our thoughts.
Brian