PDA

View Full Version : Question for boat Cop

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Our non-alcoholic beer such as oduls legal for the operator to consume while operating a boat.

All IN
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
If it has no alcoholic it is legal to drink in a car or a boat.

77charger
05-01-2006, 05:10 PM
if the law hasnt changed you are allowed to consume even a beer while drivin.It will get you looked at and stopped but as long as you are under the legal limit you are fine.

shueman
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
if the law hasnt changed you are allowed to consume even a beer while drivin.It will get you looked at and stopped but as long as you are under the legal limit you are fine.
:220v: Don't think so...."open container"...??

bear down
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
:220v: Don't think so...."open container"...??
I've asked LHPD and they confirmed to me, though it was 4 years ago that a driver can have a open container in a boat.

JB in so cal
05-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Open container laws don't apply to boats, I believe. That being said, you blatently sipping away on a beer in front of a cop just screams "pull me over and see what else I got going" :rolleyes:

Nord
05-01-2006, 05:57 PM
You must drive in Texas or West Virginia. ;) I believe it's actually illegal to drive in those states without an open container.
lol :cool:

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I've asked LHPD and they confirmed to me, though it wasyears ago that a driver can have a open container in a boat.
alcohol is ok for passengers to have in a boat but we are trying to find out if an operator is allowed to non alcoholic beer while operating a boat. Because an o-duls does have a very slight content of alcohol but not enough to intoxicate you .

77charger
05-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Boat cop hasnt confirmed yet but i will stick to what i said.Cars is a no no boats are different

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Boat cop hasnt confirmed yet but i will stick to what i said.Cars is a no no boats are different
Than why would an oui now go on your driving record. When it did not use to.

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
just trying to find out so i dont make a big mistake. dont want any problems this year on the lake. want to keep it safe for everyone.

Cdi= Chikz dig it
05-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes you can drink a beer while driving your boat in AZ and CA. It does not automatically go on your driving record, that varies from court to court. However, if you have a BUI, they can, and usually use that against you when you get a DUI. Bottom line, cops cant read if its an Odouls or a Becks, so its a mute point. If your drinking from a bottle your gonna get looked at, but a ticket you will not get....Its different because you dont need a license for a boat, (yet), which means the "RULES OF THE ROAD" due not apply.....

Jordy
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
If your drinking from a bottle your gonna get looked at, but a ticket you will not get....
Don't know about that as every lake I've been to has a big sign, usually many big signs, by the launch ramp that say NO GLASS BOTTLES. Driving around in a boat with anything other than a water bottle in your hand is just asking for a pop "safety inspection." :D

Chico&Zeus
05-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Never bring glass, always come prepared.....
http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvideo/1846/Coors_Light_Plastic

IMPATIENT 1
05-01-2006, 07:09 PM
You must drive in Texas or West Virginia. ;) I believe it's actually illegal to drive in those states without an open container.
you can have a dry,dirty beer can in the backseat and get a open container ticket in tx..trust me on this!!! :argue:

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Exactly. Only newbies bring glass bottles to the lake or river. Leave that shit at home.
I dont bring glass to water. i have come to havasu since 1969. you can still have glass containers in boat just not on beaches.where have you ben hangin with harvey jackson.

Jordy
05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I dont bring glass to water.
Good.
you can still have glass containers in boat just not on beaches.
Wouldn't the boat be on the water and therefore, you'd be bringing glass to the water, unless you boat somewhere else, like Glamis. :D
The signs I have seen all say "NO BOTTLES" not "NO BOTTLES EXCEPT ON YOUR BOAT." ;)

Boatcop
05-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Open container laws don't apply to boats, I believe. That being said, you blatently sipping away on a beer in front of a cop just screams "pull me over and see what else I got going" :rolleyes:
That about sums it up. At least in AZ and CA. Check your local laws. Many inland CA lakes have no alcohol regulations, as well as a lot of other states.
An OUI (or BUI in CA) has no effect on an AZ license. But it MAY have an effect on your CA license. If you have a previous DUI or BUI it can result in drivers license suspension, and if it's your first offense, the second (DUI or OUI) one you get can result in license suspension.
Arizona does record the OUI on the AZ license or out of state driver record, but it has no negative effect on the license or driving privilege itself. It's just a tracking method for prior OUIs. Until we started doing that, there was no way to tell if there was a prior OUI (enhanced penalties for 2nd offense, and felony for 3rd offense), and many people were basically getting a walk on 2nd 3rd and 4th offenses.
The reason CA has it act on the license is that CA is essentially a "trailer boat" state, meaning that the majority of boaters have to launch and retrieve their boat. That turns the drunk boater into a drunk driver.
You'll probably see Arizona follow suit in the next couple of years.
And before you say that your wife or kid always drives the truck after you've been drinking and boating, then..................
WHY THE FOCK WEREN'T THEY DRIVING THE BOAT IN THE FIRST PLACE? :mad:

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
glass is ok on boat not on beech. do you even know what site 6 was called in the 70s

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 07:37 PM
thanks booat cop still want a answere on o duols beer. and I can buy them in cans. maybe shockwave bob needs to go to the stores and go shopping once in a while

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I think the better question is "Do I care?"
cfers dont care thats why you live there. you come here and dont give a damn to clean up after yourselfs.

Cdi= Chikz dig it
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
OMG, channel rat, wheres your sign? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES........ Get the picture

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 08:03 PM
I have my butler do my shopping.
iam sure your butler cleans your but. :yuk:

Danhercules
05-01-2006, 08:06 PM
This was a good thread. :rolleyes:
O douls dose have alcohol, just very little. I figured it out once, I would need to drink a 30 pack an hr to get a buzz. Thats a lot of beer!!!!!
By Boat cops responce, I will say yea, its ok.

boater012
05-01-2006, 08:07 PM
But what?
Look, you typed seven words and made two mistakes. That's a 28.6% error rate. Pretty good for a guy all liquored up on O'Douls.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thank Bob I needed that lol :crossx: :crossx: :argue: on boys this is entertaining to say the least.

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I have even taken trash left behind to peoplels houses

Channel Rat
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I dont think a Porsche Cayenne twin turbo V8 classifies as trash!!!! And a crew cab dually that could pull whatever you have.

Boatcop
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
thanks booat cop still want a answere on o duols beer. and I can buy them in cans. maybe shockwave bob needs to go to the stores and go shopping once in a while
Arizona defines "Spiritous Liquor" (fancy term for booze, including beer and wine) as having an alcohol content greater than 1/2 of one percent. (O'douls and other NA brews are less than that)
It's considered no different than soda, ice tea, or even water. However, due to the resemblance of the package to real beer cans or bottles, it can be considered reasonable suspicion for a stop. And any stop we do includes a safety check. Make sure you have all the boat's paperwork and safety equipment, so if your stopped, you'll be on your way in a matter of minutes.

SummitKarl
05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Our non-alcoholic beer such as oduls legal for the operator to consume while operating a boat.
I really wanted to reply to this earlier today, but I wanted to see if anyone else would notice....
Channel Rat..if you had to ask this question....PLEASE tell me when your going boating...so I can get off the lake :D :rollside:

Jordy
05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I dont think a Porsche Cayenne twin turbo V8 classifies as trash!!!! And a crew cab dually that could pull whatever you have.
Wow, so should we start worshiping you and your posessions now??? You're one of the biggest ballers I've ever seen post on this board. :notam:

Jordy
05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Have you ever met anyone with a Cayenne Turbo? I believe that there were only two ever made.
Wow, I guess that makes Channel Cat that much more of a baller. I can see it now, CC, with his twin-turbo Cayenne cruising around Havi with a cooler full of Odouls spouting off Havi trivia from the 70's while wearing mirrored sunglasses and a fishnet belly shirt. LIVE TO ROCK!!!! :D :D :D

Jrocket
05-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Wow, I guess that makes Channel Cat that much more of a baller. I can see it now, CC, with his twin-turbo Cayenne cruising around Havi with a cooler full of Odouls spouting off Havi trivia from the 70's while wearing mirrored sunglasses and a fishnet belly shirt. LIVE TO ROCK!!!! :D :D :D
You forgot,"while on his way to work at the Havasu Marina".

haulina29
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
The real question is how does SWB know how small channel rats dick is? :cool:

checkster
05-02-2006, 09:33 PM
soooo okay.....like.....can he drink o'drools...or not :D :D :D

carreraelite
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Since asking if he "can", is asking if he's "capable".......

Hallett19
05-03-2006, 08:48 AM
If you like the taste of beer enough to drink one without alcohol in it, you have problems :cool:
When I am DD on the boat, I like a can of Root Beer or some water.

2Driver
05-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Make sure you have all the boat's paperwork and safety equipment, so if your stopped, you'll be on your way in a matter of minutes.
don't forget to buy the BC t-shirts ;) :D

JB in so cal
05-03-2006, 08:52 AM
...with some Grand Funk Railroad on the 8 track!