PDA

View Full Version : trailer tires...Maxxis dealer in the IE???

AirtimeLavey
06-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Sheeez, tryin to decide on trailer tires after losing a couple on the last trip. Any suggestions? I heard Carlisles suck, and Maxxis are good. :hammerhea
I had a Nanking (on the trailer when I bought it) throw half it's tread, but stayed inflated on just the threads! Don't know when it went, but noticed it at the hotel after parking and doing a walk around. Never seen anything like it.
So, what's a good tire for a tandem carrying a 25' boat ??? Where can I get them in the IE?

Scream
06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Funny you should ask. Maxis is made by Cooper, so you can shop them and find a dealer near by.
Yesterday Deb and I are on our way back from Lake Powell, when all of the sudden we get a flat (my second in a few months) on the trailer. Goodyear Marathons. Cussed the tires, took and hour and a half and got back on the road. Get just past Valley of Fire exit on I15 South and get another flat...no spare...
4.5 hours later we're on the road with 4 new maxis on the trailer....long long ride home.
btw, no issue with the tires, the problem worked out to be the trailer, the plywood carpeted guards on the fenders to protect the boat from road debris were rubbing the tires inside side wall...Kablooie...
Good luck...
Scream

Essex29
06-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Sheeez, tryin to decide on trailer tires after losing a couple on the last trip. Any suggestions? I heard Carlisles suck, and Maxxis are good. :hammerhea
I had a Nanking (on the trailer when I bought it) throw half it's tread, but stayed inflated on just the threads! Don't know when it went, but noticed it at the hotel after parking and doing a walk around. Never seen anything like it.
So, what's a good tire for a tandem carrying a 25' boat ??? Where can I get them in the IE?
What kind of cheap ass would put Nanking tires on a trailer??? :D
I had a blowout on the 10 fwy and that's all the mobile guy had...still charged me 150.00 at 3am.
I put all new Goodyear Marathon's on my new one.
How is the boat treating you?

AirtimeLavey
06-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Funny you should ask. Maxis is made by Cooper, so you can shop them and find a dealer near by.
Yesterday Deb and I are on our way back from Lake Powell, when all of the sudden we get a flat (my second in a few months) on the trailer. Goodyear Marathons. Cussed the tires, took and hour and a half and got back on the road. Get just past Valley of Fire exit on I15 South and get another flat...no spare...
4.5 hours later we're on the road with 4 new maxis on the trailer....long long ride home.
btw, no issue with the tires, the problem worked out to be the trailer, the plywood carpeted guards on the fenders to protect the boat from road debris were rubbing the tires inside side wall...Kablooie...
Good luck...
Scream
Damn...sorry to hear about that, Scream. I had a similar exp. on a trip home a couple years ago, when I had both tires (an hour a part) blow on my single axle trailer. Had to pay a guy in Barstow $100 just to open his shop after hours, then paid another $300 for a pair of ugly a-- rims and tires. Nice way to spend 5 hours on the way back from a week on the houseboat. Had my family go hang at Peggy Sue's while I took care of it all.
I hope the rest of your trip was nice. :D

AirtimeLavey
06-29-2005, 06:06 PM
What kind of cheap ass would put Nanking tires on a trailer??? :D
I had a blowout on the 10 fwy and that's all the mobile guy had...still charged me 150.00 at 3am.
I put all new Goodyear Marathon's on my new one.
How is the boat treating you?
Whatsup Tarek? How's the baby? No worries on the tires. Shiat happens. Actually, I was amazed that the Nanking didn't deflate. I musta just thrown the tread or something. Glad it was in the hotel parking lot when I saw it. I bought a spare in Needles the next day, and he sold me a Maxxis. After a little research, looks like they might be a good tire. Turns out the Nankings were mfr. in 2000 (didn't know you could look at a tire and see the mfr date) and that's pushing the life exp. They were due.
Boat's great. Headed to Parker this w/e....renting in the Keys. Sell your boat, yet?

Evo22
06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Call me 661-286-9997 Intertech MFG ask for Brian or Alan.

AirtimeLavey
06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Call me 661-286-9997 Intertech MFG ask for Brian or Alan.
Cool. Will do, tomorrow. Met you at the show. You were w/Bre & Andy, I think. Seems like you got a hook up for just about everything... :cool: :D