PDA

View Full Version : Boat name is on.

Danhercules
06-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Bob Thompson came over to day and worked his magic on my boat. New CF numbers, and the name on the transom.
What ya think?
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763boatname.jpg

victorfb
06-29-2005, 08:59 PM
that looks way cool dan. awsome job.

JetBoatRich
06-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Turned out nice :D
But the "R" is backwards :D

Coleitis22
06-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Bob Thompson came over to day and worked his magic on my boat. New CF numbers, and the name on the transum.
What ya think?
Sorry Dude, Not my cup of tea. Bad for resale and makes you look somewhat uneducated. Especially when you mispell "transom".

78Southwind
06-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Bob Thompson came over to day and worked his magic on my boat. New CF numbers, and the name on the transum.
What ya think?
Looks good Dan but now you have to be part of our Crew :D
78Southwind
72Hallett
72Hondo
Lost Asset
Danhercules

shootingstar72683
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Sure wish you were in our lake. With a name like that you'ld keep the Coast Guard&Wildlife&Fisheries off my butt.lol Shucks, I guess it could be named "The Princess Fairy",and if it looked like that and quacked like that ,they're com'in anyway. :eek:

WUTWZAT
06-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Turned out nice :D
But the "R" is backwards :D
It must be a 909, err.... 951 thing I saw a toy store with the same thing out there once. :rollside: Looks good Dan, just remember to keep your empties hidden.
J

Danhercules
06-30-2005, 06:32 AM
Sorry Dude, Not my cup of tea. Bad for resale and makes you look somewhat uneducated. Especially when you mispell "transom".
Thats cool. I am a real bad speller. Cant you tell, budjet? LOL
As far as the uneducated part, I did not go to college, and I laugh at farts. So yea, you got that right! :p

Danhercules
06-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Sure wish you were in our lake. With a name like that you'ld keep the Coast Guard&Wildlife&Fisheries off my butt.lol
Not worried about tha either. I drink O'Duels on the water.
Last year I got pulled in for a "safty check" in Laughlin, First words out of his mouth, "you been drinkin?" I said no. He then asked, "Whats that then?", pointing to a full 30pack of crushed Coors Light cans. I tell him, "My wife, look at her." As I say that, she falls out of the boat!!
He dose that pen thing, he pauses, and dose it again, and says "Wow, you told the truth."
To be honest, I did have 2 or 3 all day. But I am a good boy!

flat broke
06-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Name change on a boat..... Let's hope you took care of business with the gods of the sea my friend ;) On the bright side, if you didn't... any future mishaps could be blamed on a curse :D Looks good.
Chris

Nucking futs
06-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Chris, Remember it has already sank, so the Gods of the sea should be pleased, Even know it was at Elsinore............ :eat:

DUECE'SDAD
06-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Man i dig it ! ! ! Im all about the goddyness and the 70's style, who cares about resale, i plan on sinking my boat eventually, not trying to sell it. If i cant have it no one can ! ! ! Thats awesome man ! ! !

victorfb
06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
dan, just remember Oduels still has a small alcohol content and even if you drink just one regular beer and a bunch of Oduels you can still blow that .02. you have a class A drivers licence and your alcohol limit is much lower than those with a class C. im wondering if you should maybe get an ID from the dmv instead of showing your class A. boatcop may be able to answer the question of is it ok to have an ID or do you need to have a drivers lic. on the boat. with that name you will probably get the breathalizer right from the get go. just thought id put that out there for ya buddy. dont want to see you get screwed on the carreer.

Brooski
06-30-2005, 10:39 AM
dan, just remember Oduels still has a small alcohol content and even if you drink just one regular beer and a bunch of Oduels you can still blow that .02. you have a class A drivers licence and your alcohol limit is much lower than those with a class C. im wondering if you should maybe get an ID from the dmv instead of showing your class A. boatcop may be able to answer the question of is it ok to have an ID or do you need to have a drivers lic. on the boat. with that name you will probably get the breathalizer right from the get go. just thought id put that out there for ya buddy. dont want to see you get screwed on the carreer.
From what I have been told by a CHP, the .04 limit for Class A only applies when you are driving a vehicle requiring a class A. Otherwise, you are under the same rules as a class C, which is .08. So even though you have a class A license, when you drive a car, the .08 applies. Pull a set of doubles or drive a big rig, then .04 applies. Kinda same in regards to if you are driving a big rig and you have ANY alcohol on your breath, they can ban you from driving for 24 hours. If you were driving a car, but had a class A license, they could not do that.
Coors non-alcoholic is good stuff too. Can looks just like a Coors regular.

Hot Rod Hallett
06-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Lookin' good Dan. We'll miss Passin' Gas.

72 Hondo
06-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Bob Thompson came over to day and worked his magic on my boat. New CF numbers, and the name on the transom.
What ya think?
It looks like the name STUCK :D :D

Wally_Gator
06-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Looks good Dan.

Danhercules
06-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Oduels is .05%. Coors is like 3.5% or somthin. Thats a hell of a lot of Oduels.
And Vic, Brooski is right. Its a myth. Only in my work truck it applies. Not in a passenger car or my boat. But thanks for the warning.

XClutchboy725
06-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I like it! :D

shootingstar72683
06-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Not worried about tha either. I drink O'Duels on the water.
Last year I got pulled in for a "safty check" in Laughlin, First words out of his mouth, "you been drinkin?" I said no. He then asked, "Whats that then?", pointing to a full 30pack of crushed Coors Light cans. I tell him, "My wife, look at her." As I say that, she falls out of the boat!!
He dose that pen thing, he pauses, and dose it again, and says "Wow, you told the truth."
To be honest, I did have 2 or 3 all day. But I am a good boy!
That's a good response. A quick thinker too. Like I said;wish ya'll could come play in our lake sounds like fun on the run. :rollside:

Squirtin Thunder
06-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Well I know Dan made it past 8th grade and for you to insinuate anything about him or the Yellow Sub is bullshit !!!
As far as misspelling do we really care ??? Did he get his point accross ??? The day you are perfect is the day you can cast stones at Dan.
Jim
1-928-704-1158
BTW- I still think it should have had the Yellow Sub on it !! Looks good anyways !!!

Coleitis22
06-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Well I know Dan made it past 8th grade and for you to insinuate anything about him or the Yellow Sub is bullshit !!!
As far as misspelling do we really care ??? Did he get his point accross ??? The day you are perfect is the day you can cast stones at Dan.
Jim
1-928-704-1158
BTW- I still think it should have had the Yellow Sub on it !! Looks good anyways !!!
Hey, he asked for opinions. I didn't like what he did to his boat. If he likes it that's all that matters. When it's time to upgrade and he goes to sell it, somone is going to say nice ride but how the F&%k do I get that name off the gel. I really don't need your phone number but, since you posted it, some homo boater from Havasu might be interested in plugging Squirtin thunder.

Squirtcha?
06-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Minus the drama...............this is some funny shit.
Letty and I cracked up when we read it.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Dan, I like any name with " Bud " in it! I can't believe somebody didn't say it already! Budlight :D

Danhercules
06-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey, he asked for opinions. I didn't like what he did to his boat. If he likes it that's all that matters. When it's time to upgrade and he goes to sell it, somone is going to say nice ride but how the F&%k do I get that name off the gel. I really don't need your phone number but, since you posted it, some homo boater from Havasu might be interested in plugging Squirtin thunder.
First off thanks ST for the back up. None needed though.
Coleitis22, Your right, I did ask. You dont like it. I respect that. I just wanted to add some humor. The spelling was a cheep shot, but, I did learn how to spell TRANSOM, so thanks.
No hard feelings, if you see it on the river, stop by and we will have a beer over it.

Danhercules
06-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Dan, I like any name with " Bud " in it! I can't believe somebody didn't say it already! Budlight :D
That is my fear. I wanted to spell it "BuJET" But I dont think people would have read "BUDGET" then.

Brooski
06-30-2005, 08:17 PM
The spelling was a cheep shot, but, I did learn how to spell TRANSOM, so thanks.
No hard feelings, if you see it on the river, stop by and we will have a beer over it.
So you guys gonna share a Budwizer, Curs Lite, or a Jenuin Draft? lol :umm:

Coleitis22
06-30-2005, 09:01 PM
First off thanks ST for the back up. None needed though.
Coleitis22, Your right, I did ask. You dont like it. I respect that. I just wanted to add some humor. The spelling was a cheep shot, but, I did learn how to spell TRANSOM, so thanks.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I heard you have a nice ride. Guess I have a thing about naming a boat. Anything under 30' should be kept clean. That's the way I was raised. I'll buy the beer. :D

Danhercules
07-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I heard you have a nice ride. Guess I have a thing about naming a boat. Anything under 30' should be kept clean. That's the way I was raised. I'll buy the beer. :D
I have feelings? :confused:
What about names on race boats? :p
YOUR BUYIN THE BEER!!! :D :D :D

ShutYaPieHole
08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Name change on a boat..... Let's hope you took care of business with the gods of the sea my friend ;) On the bright side, if you didn't... any future mishaps could be blamed on a curse :D Looks good.
Chris
Is there really a curse???????????
My boat has not run right since i put the name on it. 4 trips and 4 break downs.............. and this past friday at black meadows she sunk................for some strange reason my extra (I ALSO HAVE A MANUAL BILGE) brand new rule 1100 automatic bilge wired to my brand new deep cycle marine battery did not turn on.....HUM

FOURQ
08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Is there really a curse???????????
My boat has not run right since i put the name on it. 4 trips and 4 break downs.............. and this past friday at black meadows she sunk................for some strange reason my extra (I ALSO HAVE A MANUAL BILGE) brand new rule 1100 automatic bilge wired to my brand new deep cycle marine battery did not turn on.....HUM
well the good thing is now that it sunk you can rename it with out any curses :) sorry to hear it went down that sucks
Q

ShutYaPieHole
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
It's just wierd to me. Boat ran for a year and a half and never had a issue.....